Danish Royal Family, Current Events 2: March 2008 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteringTiaras

Heir Apparent
City
.a
Country
United States
Welcome to the Danish Royal Family Curent Events: Part Two.
This is the topic where you can post current news, picture links, article links, and comments. Part one can be found here.

Here is a summary of some important
TRF's Community Rules and FAQs.

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
Thank you,
Royal House of Denmark Mods

Last edited by a moderator:
The Easter service discussion about Henrik, Frederik and Mary has been moved into its own thread called Religious Habits of the Danish Royal Family Members. Enjoy! :flowers:

Mandy

According to the official calender, the Danish royal family is in residence at Fredensborg Palace, and last night, March 26, the traditional torch light ceremony took place to welcome them home (or back.) To view the ceremony plus an article please click [url=http://www.bt.dk/article/20080326/royalt/80326028/]here[/URL] and [url=http://www.fyens.dk/webtv/2#]here[/URL]. In regards to the latter link, scroll down until you see the headline Fakkeltog bed de kongelige og Foraret velkommen.

:)

Today is the queen's birthday :) Does this mean we will get a balcony apperance by the royal family? I assume Nikolai and Felix will be missing, since last year they were on the baclony, or do they get to be with their father around this time again?

Queen Margrethe's balcony appearance will be posted in "Queen Margrethe's Birthday: April 16" thread.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Mandy

There´s more pics of Christian and grandad on Madeleine Glindorf site, but I don´t know how to do a link.... Enjoy... Christian he´s a lovely children...he looks so cute...

Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf

madeleine glindorf shares her special talent with some fantastic photos. my favorite's are #21,22, 24 and 25, it looks like he's posing especially for her! the others on photo sites don't compare to madeleine's fine eye.

Prince Christian is so cute! He looks just like his grandfather, Prince Henrik. Both of them seemed to have a lot of fun. I like that when Prince Henrik has more "fun" official events, he sometimes takes his grandchildren. I know he took Prince Nikolai to something like this two or three years ago.

OMG he is soo adorable!!! He has grown so much and has clearly lost his baby face, quite a beautiful little man

I love that Henrik seems to have a good relationship with his grandchildren. I have seen photo's of him on outings with Nikolai and Felix several times and Nikolai sat on his knee at the wedding last month.

Christian looks lovely

Prince Christian helped his grandfather with his royal duties - in opening the new elephant house in the Copenhagen Zoo. He received a stuffed toy-elephant for his trouble :flowers:

Prince Henrik mentioned in his speech that he's hoping for more grandchildren.

Thank Madeleine for the lovely pictures.

Prince Christine is very handsome young man. No doubt he will be a heart-throb one day. Also, he looks so well behavior for his age.

When Christian becomes King will he drop his new Count style

When Christian becomes King will he drop his new Count style

We don´t really know..we also don´t know what his farter is going to do whit the titel when he becom King of Denmark..so the question is out ther and the answer is blowing in the wind :rolleyes:

June 10:
11am
The Prince Consort will participate, as patron of Zoo in Copenhagen, in the inauguration of the new Elefanthus.

Since this was an event that included 2 members of the family, ive posted it in this thread.

Picture from BT and BT part 2 Henrik looks outof place in a white/ish suit & Christian looks very cute. It was nice of P.Henrik to take Christian to this event.
Madeleine G has a few lovely pictures as well

It is nice seeing Grandpa spending time with Christian like he has always done with the other two boys. It probably makes Christian feel like a big boy. Does Christian have a nickname or do they call him Christian?

That toy-elephant was surely a hit, Christian really seemed to like it! He must be a very patient little boy, these events can be tiresome for a little one. He's only two-and-a-half years old and so mature! Such a sweetheart...

This is Christian's first official duty, isn't it? Everything else is just family events (weddings, christenings, etc) and photoshoots, but this is the first time that the future king has actually gone to an event like this, isn't it?

And Christian is so adorable! He looks a little bit like his mom, but I can see a lot of Felix in him too! I think he resembles Mary, but also I think he's a lot like Prince Joachim (with the bright blonde hair as a little boy), while Isabella is all Frederik.

Last edited:
My goodness he looks just like Prince Henrik. He is such an adorable little boy. How wonderful that Mary and Fredrick let him spend such quality time with his grandparents.

Oh, Christian is so adorable! :wub::wub: How grandfatherly of Henrik to take Christian with him for this event - I love the one of the pair looking through the glass wall. And the one of Christian clapping. And the one of him scrunching up his face....:D

This family exudes such warmth and spontaneity. What a family to be a part of, I reckon...:flowers:...I endeavour to sight that they have well and truly established a balance between royal and familial life and an assimilation of the two comes with great ease.

Christian is certainly his mothers son. The resemblance is very strong indeed!

Last edited:
Have you seen the new elephant house which prince Christian helped his grandpa open yesterday? Zoo architecture | Culture | guardian.co.uk - by Foster and Partners. The Indian elephants at the Copenhagen Zoo are said to enjoy their new house immensely; it is more than five times the size of the former old elephant house. I'm really looking forward to see it.

Wonderful avatar, UserDane...:flowers:

I quite like the glass dome. Is there any greenery inside the enclosure at all?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom