Danish Royal Family, Current Events 2: March 2008 - April 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He became an honorary graduate of the Aarhus University.

I don't know if anybody knows the answer to this question, but do any of the Danish royals hunt? and if so, who?

I know the men-Prince Henrik, CP Frederik, and Prince Joachim do.
I have never seen Queen Margrethe or CP Mary hunt, however they do attend hunting parties.

Today the Regent Cuople will host a concert at Fredensborg Palace at 7:00pm for participants in the Olympic Games 2008. The Crown Prince Couple, HRH Princess Benedikte and HH Princess Nathalie also take part in the event.

Add: Pohotos
ImageShack - Hosting :: preview11610179wm9122afdk2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preview11610190wm8eac86jf6.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preview11610184wm8ff0d6rd2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preview11609717wm903ae0sa2.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preview11610191wm9099a2qv3.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: preview11610186wm90df2apc0.jpg
Photos by Arges Kim / Polfoto

Article and Pictures (scroll down)

Joachim B. Olsen: Jeg er klar til at danse med dronningen

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the photos, Paty! It looked like a very elegant event.

How refreshing a glass of iced water can be...;)...either that or a very large gin and tonic...:D

Well it is elegant to have a glass of something in the hand. When is a glass a wine we can really drink it with some pleasure but a glass of water:rolleyes: or you have trusth or it just for the elegance of having a glass in your hands:ermm: I think Princess Mary should have recycle some he rolder and beautiful suits insted of buying a new one. she should recycle more:whistling:

I think Princess Mary should have recycle some he rolder and beautiful suits insted of buying a new one. she should recycle more:whistling:

She does recycle - and is good at varying her outfits IMO. We have seen lots of recycled outfits lately.

She does recycle - and is good at varying her outfits IMO. We have seen lots of recycled outfits lately.

I don't think that, in the contrary...in the evening department she could recycle more mucth mroe than she does :ermm:

thanks for those videos and article! Could someone translate this article please??
The main point in the article is the observation that Mary abstained from alcohol, although she usually is as fond of wine as the rest of royal family. Well, some pregnancy hints again.

I think Princess Mary should have recycle some he rolder and beautiful suits insted of buying a new one. she should recycle more:whistling:

I've searched through all outfit in 2008:
For 106 engagements (official and private outings) she has worn 44 new/never before seen outfits (I've counted them as new when most of the parts were new (shoes are not counted)) and 62 recycled outfits (partially from the last years, partially from earlier in 2008, that means than outfits are counted twice or more)

If anyone is interested I can do a similar evaluation for one of the other crownprincesses, too :flowers:

I think Princess Mary should have recycle some he rolder and beautiful suits insted of buying a new one. she should recycle more

Because it hasn't been worn before doesn't mean it's a new purchase. Your assuming it is...

For 106 engagements (official and private outings) she has worn 44 new/never before seen outfits (I've counted them as new when most of the parts were new (shoes are not counted)) and 62 recycled outfits (partially from the last years, partially from earlier in 2008, that means than outfits are counted twice or more)

If anyone is interested I can do a similar evaluation for one of the other crownprincesses, too :flowers:

Wow that must have been an astonishing amount of work! :ohmy:

Thanks so much I find that very interesting. If you do count for other princesses, would you be able to PM me the results please? Thanks :flowers:

This picture is absolutely wonderful. Shows what a loving family they are IMO

Last edited:
The main point in the article is the observation that Mary abstained from alcohol, although she usually is as fond of wine as the rest of royal family. Well, some pregnancy hints again.
thanks for the translation!!! Hope we'll have a good news really soon:wub:;)

This picture is absolutely wonderful. Shows what a loving family they are IMO

Queen Margarethe really seems like a warm and caring person. I am always impressed with her in photos like this one.

Queen Margarethe really seems like a warm and caring person. I am always impressed with her in photos like this one.

Its not really a side of her that we get to see often, IMO

thanks for the translation!!! Hope we'll have a good news really soon:wub:;)

Or perhaps she didn't want alcohol or had an aspirin before the engagement or a million reasons besides pregnancy:ermm:

Or perhaps she didn't want alcohol or had an aspirin before the engagement or a million reasons besides pregnancy:ermm:

Yeah of course but I have the right to hope for a good news and dream a little bit;)

Can you do this for Queen Rania of Jordan? I suspect the no-repeat number would be much higher for her.

Has Prince Henrik always walked with a cane, or has he had a recent injury? This is the first time that I have ever noticed him using a cane.

No, he hasn't used a cane until fairly recently! I've lost track of his various ailments; he had a shoulder operation some months ago, and the healing process is slower than expected!

Thank you, Viv! I was very surprised to see this. I hope that his health improves quickly!

Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princess Marie, Prince Joachim
and Prince Felix and Prince Nikolai at the annual Royal Christmas
Ballet on December 14, 2008

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

The ballet "The Little Snowgirl" was based on a Russian folktale and was choreographed by Queen Margrethe who has been responsible for the choreography, costumes and advertising of the annual royal ballets for the past 28 years. Princess Marie said that she is feeling great in her pregnancy. Prince Joachim revealed that Nikolai had a red mark under his eye resulting from a quarrel with his brother.
(Source BrunoPress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom