Crown Princess Mary Picture Thread 1: October 2004 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way HRH carries herself with pride and accomplishment in her photos ... her whole body and disposition convey her stature and highlight her best qualities. The only problem I can forsee is that she is so magnificent that she runs the risk of outshining Frederik who oftentimes seems boyish next to her (i.e. this could backfire as it did with Diana)

Laviollette said:
2006; Mary of Denmark attending Danish Heart Association event (2),
scholarhip award event (3), 60th birthday celebration for the King
of Sweden (4)

face to face, tv2.dk, polfoto, getty images

She looks so beautiful in these pictures. What an incredible woman! Thank you so much for these pics...:)

Last edited by a moderator:
PreDoc said:
I love the way HRH carries herself with pride and accomplishment in her photos ... her whole body and disposition convey her stature and highlight her best qualities. The only problem I can forsee is that she is so magnificent that she runs the risk of outshining Frederik who oftentimes seems boyish next to her (i.e. this could backfire as it did with Diana)

Hm, I don't think this will be a problem as long as he loves her. Thus he probably prefers to see new pics of his beloved wife in the paper than pics of himself. OTOH I like that the newspapers seem to prefer pics of both of them when they are on a joint engagement, so no need to worry. One problem with Diana was that the press printed pics of her alone and stories about her alone even when there were joint engagements. Don't think this will happen in Denmark.

Socalgirl,
Thanks for all of the pics! I especially like the one of Mary's side profile or when the camera doesn't capture her head on. She's simply wonderful.;)

Is Mary dyeing her hair? I see a lot of auburn highlights in some of the photos I had not seen a long time ago...

Not a criticism, just a question! :)

Maybe they are from being out too much in the sun?

Wow! In the second to last picture, Mary looks sooo tan!

My hair is like Mary's and in the light, like outside, it looks like there are low lights of red and auburn, so I bet it's just the natural low lights in her hair.

Mathilde1286 said:
I don't know if this link has been posted yet, but it has a bevy of pictures of Mary, Fred and Christian...lots of GREAT pictures...big and bright pics where you can actually see the details.
http://www.marydonaldson.web-log.nl/

:flowers: Wow, what a fantastic site, there are so many beautiful pictures to look at, Thanks for sharing Mathilde1286:clap:

More lovely pictures:

(Credit: View Images)

I must say though that the green hat she wore during her engagement is the WORST hat she's ever worn! She looks like the Mad Hatter!

What did mary look like before meeting fred?

Does anyone have any old pics of mary, before meeting Frederick? Would like to see them - if any!

I saw a picture of Mary as a student once! she wore a blue dress on this picture. Does anyone have it? ;)

She always looked beautiful, but I think she looks much more friendly now :rolleyes:.
She's smiling more often now...
and it seems she lost some weight. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Her_Majesty, I know what photo you are talking about. I've seen it too. I will try and find it for you.

I was wondering if anyone had the picture of Mary dressed in a white "Jackie O"-style dress that the press raved about. I remember it being in Hello sometime this year.

Politikgirl, you can find a bevy of info in this thread starting in post #126 (page 7) onward. Hope that helps. :)

She is beatiful wearing this blue dress. However, I think that the colour that fits her the more is red. Red is nice for people who has dark hair, and blue is perfect for blonde ones! :)

Vanesa.

yes i like her in dramatic colours also. red, deep blues, purple, green. pastels and neutrals imo humble opinion kinda wash her out. she can look good in a paper sack but darker color compliments her eyes and skin tone.

I think Mary looks beautiful in all sorts of colours, but the more dramatic colours make her look more eye-catching and somewhat more edgy, while the lighter colours make her look very classy.

Wow, she looks really differant in the picture posted by Mathilde1286!

Australian said:
...she's lookin' really good.

Yeah I loved her outfit that evening. Dress, make-up, tiara... simply perfect :flowers:

I would like to ask if someone has good pictures of Mary's portrait- where she wore ruby tiara. I've been searching on the forums but I couln't find it :sad:
Can someone help me?

tonight is a gala in Denmark... "CP Mary is wearing a new purple/wine-red long gown with long sleeves and a medium-long train (reminds me Princess Alexandra's dress from last year's Court), her hair is let down" (text from CPmaryboard)

Are there any pictures of Mary as a baby or child?

It would be interesting to compare her to the new princess and Christian and to see family resemblances like we can see with Frederik and the children.

I'm not very good at posting pics, but I loved the pics of Mary and Fred receiving the large vase for their garden as a wedding gift. It was in the fall and Mary was wearing a green jacket with tan pants. It looked really good on her.

royal lover said:
I think CP Mary is Gorgeous.

I think a lot of people would agree with you! :flowers:

By the way, is it okay to make a picture request? I'm not sure what the policy is on this sort of thing.

If it is ok, does anyone know where I can see or have a copy of a photo taken of Mary before her wedding when she was intensely learning Danish. I think she is wearing a black & white top. Her hair is pulled back from her face. She is sitting at a table with a pile of language books infront of her. She has one arm draped over the books and her head resting on her arm. She looks worn out by the intense language lessons but very excited about her impending wedding.

I think it might have been a professional photo as it is very good quality.

If anyone can help me I'd really appreciate it. I only saw it once very briefly and I was really taken with the lovely expression on her face.

Thank you in anticipation
trinn :wub:

The photo you are talking about is from the documentary that aired a week before her wedding. The name fo the program was Mary Elizabeth Donaldson. If I remember correctly, she was wearing a pale green fitted T-shirt with her hair in a ponytail.

:flowers:

Thank you Kerry :wub: and GlitteringTiaras :wub:for helping me out.

It's rather funny, the actual photo is not really what I described at all! There are books, her hair is pulled back from her face but that's about it!! *larfs*

I'm so grateful you two were able to recognise it from the malarkey I described!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom