Crown Princess Mary, Current Events Part 14: May 2018 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to this news outlet Frederik is in Switzerland over the weekend to deal with preparations for the family stay next month.

"Today, history is written in the Danish royal house.Crown Princess Mary is making her debut as the head of state - a role she will have from today until December 8.

Crown Princess Mary takes over because Crown Prince Frederik has traveled to Switzerland to prepare for the family's planned stay in the country, where the children from the new year will be going to school for a few months."

*https://www.a4nu.dk/artikel/mary-debuterer-i-vigtig-rolle-prins-henrik-fik-den-aldrig
And it seems nothing extraordinary happened. She had no activities and nothing at all was reported.

Frederik was regent from the 2nd to the 5th and on the 9th; so the queen was apparently gone for a week; probably to do her traditional Christmas shopping in London? She seemed to have combined it with the 60th anniversary of the "The Anglo-Danish Society's Scholarship Programme" - as that activity was held in London (as well).

She had no activities and nothing at all was reported.

Quoting Muhler, December 6. and 7.:

"It is Mary who today (and she has) will get the daily briefing by QMII's cabinet-secretary.

Today Mary has signed two laws, making them valid.
Signed six regulations.
And approved the appointment of a head of a ministerial department. (A new Sir Humprey.)

She appointed one head of a department (ministry).
And honorably discharged two judges, who are bound for retirement.

And since she is head of state, it is Mary the officer of the watch has reported to when taking over the watch.
Traditionally the Rigsforstander will dine with the Officer of the watch, her adjutant and her LiW.
The officer of the watch will report to her about incidents, if any, that may have taken place.
And the colour of the Guards Regiment will be placed in M&F's mansion at Amalienborg."

(Sorry, problems with multi-quoting)

Last edited:
Thanks Nordic and Muhler.
So no public events but lots to do, well done Mary

The Crown Prince family may be on a longer private Christmas trip somewhere or in Switzerland to prepare for the family’s stay in the new year? ?

Neither Crown Prince Frederik or Crown Princess Mary have had any official events since the 9. December. Their dog Grace is taken care of by their friend Liselotte since the 10. december (Liselotte took always care of Ziggy if Frederik and Mary were travelling abroad, as she now takes care of Grace if Frederik and Mary are abroad. She called Ziggy, and now Grace her ‘holiday child’)
They can all be at home and have unofficial event we just don’t see, or the Crown Prince family may (as I think) have gone on a private Christmas holiday somewhere (maybe Tasmania) or Switzerland for prepare to their coming 12 weeks stay. Guess we will never know, and that’s how it should be ?

Attachments

• 44439B3C-B1EE-40C3-AD35-2717F03A1E7D.jpg
    44439B3C-B1EE-40C3-AD35-2717F03A1E7D.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 68
The Crown Prince family may be on a longer private Christmas trip somewhere or in Switzerland to prepare for the family’s stay in the new year? ?

Neither Crown Prince Frederik or Crown Princess Mary have had any official events since the 9. December. Their dog Grace is taken care of by their friend Liselotte since the 10. december (Liselotte took always care of Ziggy if Frederik and Mary were travelling abroad, as she now takes care of Grace if Frederik and Mary are abroad. She called Ziggy, and now Grace her ‘holiday child’)
They can all be at home and have unofficial event we just don’t see, or the Crown Prince family may (as I think) have gone on a private Christmas holiday somewhere (maybe Tasmania) or Switzerland for prepare to their coming 12 weeks stay. Guess we will never know, and that’s how it should be [emoji2]
Crown Princess Mary paid an informal visit to a meeting place for youths with cancer at Rigshospitalet (National hospital) last night so at least she's at home in Copenhagen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6QR38bgbID/?igshid=zgl0rhib5qpi

Thanks, then they are back home again. Christmas Eve is also just around the corner.

Crown Princess Mary paid an informal visit to a meeting place for youths with cancer at Rigshospitalet (National hospital) last night so at least she's at home in Copenhagen.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B6QR38bgbID/?igshid=zgl0rhib5qpi

What a sweet visit, I believe she has gone in the past around this time.
a great group photo
http://content.invisioncic.com/r38859/monthly_2019_12/image.png.891f7efa020e5543fd37ea2dd342e834.png

thank you for the info Roskilde, it's nice to see Grace has friends;)

H.K.H. Kronprinsessen sender hilsen til Australiens premierminister | Kongehuset

Mary has officially expressed her sympathy in regards to the fires in Australia, directed to the Australian PM: H.K.H. Kronprinsessen sender hilsen til Australiens premierminister | Kongehuset
In English.

That is most unusual! Unheard in fact.
Normally that would be the Danish government sending such a note to the Australian PM.
And QMII sending a note to the Australian head of state, QEII.

Most interesting! It only emphasize the position Mary has within the DRF, and politically too.
And on a personal level I think it's a very decent touch that she is allowed to bend the protocol - Australia is after where she came from.
It is a little risky though, because now she may be expected to comment each time there is a major event or calamity in Australia.

Last edited:
A very nice gesture. Although I understand that this is a gesture usually conveyed by a high government or by the Queen, it’s also totally appropriate that Mary sent this given the fact that Australia is the land of her birth. To say nothing at all would have been more unusual.

Last edited:
That was a very lovely message. I also agree that it would've been more unusual for Mary not to comment on the devastation in Australia and I think it's very suiting that it is she who extends the family's sympathy since it concerns her home country. The fact that it's being done like this rather than her "just" commenting on it at tomorrow's photo opportunity also makes me think that QMII fully supports it.

That is most unusual! Unheard in fact.
Normally that would be the Danish government sending such a note to the Australian PM.
And QMII sending a note to the Australian head of state, QEII.

Most interesting! It only emphasize the position Mary has within the DRF, and politically too.
And on a personal level I think it's a very decent touch that she is allowed to bend the protocol - Australia is after where she came from.
It is a little risky though, because now she may be expected to comment each time there is a major event or calamity in Australia.

Disagree. It doesn't set a precedence for Mary to do something similar every time anything major happens in Australia because it isn't this extreme every time something major happens.

That was a very lovely message. I also agree that it would've been more unusual for Mary not to comment on the devastation in Australia and I think it's very suiting that it is she who extends the family's sympathy since it concerns her home country. The fact that it's being done like this rather than her "just" commenting on it at tomorrow's photo opportunity also makes me think that QMII fully supports it.

Disagree. It doesn't set a precedence for Mary to do something similar every time anything major happens in Australia because it isn't this extreme every time something major happens.

There is no question about that.
There is no way Mary would have issued an official message like that without full backing of Frederik, QMII and the government.

There is no question about that.
There is no way Mary would have issued an official message like that without full backing of Frederik, QMII and the government.

I think I phrased that a bit convoluted. It wasn't my suggestion that QMII supports that a statement was put out – as you say that's pretty much a no-brainer (even though Mary going rogue sure would be interesting) – but that QMII supports that it was Mary – and not herself – who put out the statement seeing as it's Mary's home country.

I think I phrased that a bit convoluted. It wasn't my suggestion that QMII supports that a statement was put out – as you say that's pretty much a no-brainer (even though Mary going rogue sure would be interesting) – but that QMII supports that it was Mary – and not herself – who put out the statement seeing as it's Mary's home country.

Exactly a decent touch.
Perhaps it was phrased by Mary?
(An "I'll leave that to you, Mary" from QMII presumably.)

Also interestingly, she use the phrase "my husband and I", so she is officially speaking on behalf of at least M&F. It's a nice touch of Frederik to dispense with the protocol and allow Mary to be the conveyor of this message of sympathy to Australia.
Not least since Frederik, being very fond of Australia, no doubt share her sentiments wholeheartedly.

ADDED: I see from the comments that Mary's hairdresser are among those who have liked this message.

Last edited:
Perhaps it was phrased by Mary?

Also interestingly, she use the phrase "my husband and I", so she is officially speaking on behalf of at least M&F. It's a nice touch of Frederik to dispense with the protocol and allow Mary to be the conveyor of this message of sympathy to Australia..

Is there a thing called semi-official/semi-private message in these circles? ;) with
QM being responsible and sending the "official" messages of condolence etc

Hence the use of the words:

"Kronprinsessen har sendt en personlig hilsen"
"The Crown Princess has sent a personal greeting" (My translation)

Does sound like something Mary would write (with possible input by Frederik) and ok:d by him and QM and possible other parties.

Last edited:
Is there a thing called semi-official/semi-private message in these circles? ;)

"Kronprinsessen har sendt en personlig hilsen"
"The Crown Princess has sent a personal greeting" (My translation)

Does sound like something Mary would write (with possible input by Frederik) and ok:d by him and QM and possible other parties.

Not when issued through the DRF press office. That makes it official. All flags flying and full fanfare.

An unofficial or semi-official personal message would be Mary expressing her sympathy to a journalist. Like she did during a previous visit to Australia.

And this being a "personal greeting" is only natural and proper. She is after all "only" Crown Princess. She is not speaking on behalf of the DRF - that's for QMII to do. Or for Denmark, that's for QMII or the PM to do.
She is speaking (or to be very strict protocol-wise) is being allowed to speak for herself and her husband.

Mary born in Australia, so this must touch he in a very personal level, not to mention the worry for he family living there. I think it is great she did that, though for me the letter looks very much elaborated and extremely formal English, but that is just me. Kuddos for her to write it. Wonder if in her position can send some kind of help
?

What a wonderful gesture, and no doubt with full support from Frederik and the Queen.
Extra lovely that it came from her, since Australia is her country of birth.

It was great to see that Mary wrote the letter to the Australian PM (hopefully it'll wake him up because he doesn't seem to be taking much action so far!). Given the fact that Australia is her homeland, it must be even more heartbreaking for her to see the country destroyed.

The bushfires are unprecedented. The destruction to the environment, communities and the country as a whole is beyond what we knew. CP Mary grew up in Australia, and would have remembered Ash Wednesday - our now second worse bushfire catastrophe.

I am so pleased she wrote a letter, which wasn't "boiler-plate", or a template-version we would usually get, i.e. from senior royals in the BRF. It was personal. I can believe that QMII and CP Frederik, together with the Government of Denmark would agree someone who is Australian born and raised was in the best position to comment. It also shows the deep connection and relationship Denmark, as a whole, has developed with Australia since 2003, when the then Mary Donaldson became engaged to CP Frederik.

It's distressing enough for people outside of Australia/who aren't Australian to see. I can't imagine the horror of knowing that's your country practically burning to the ground. Hopefully, Mary's family is safe, wherever they happen to be living right now. I don't doubt if they had to evacuate, Mary and Frederik would open their home to them, no questions asked.

:previous:
Indeed. I think it's safe to say that Australia and the Australians has a very positive reputation in DK, also before Mary.
Not least I think, because we share a similar laid back attitude and a similar form of humor with a constant use of irony and self-disparaging.

In that context some 200 DK firefighters are willing to go to Australia to relieve the no doubt exhausted firefighters there. But they need funding getting there.
It's a nice offer, but I'm not sure they will be of much use.
Even though many DK firefighters have experience in fighting forest fires in Sweden, it's was just as much their heavy equipment that was sought after. Logistically speaking it does present a few problems sending heavy vehicles and equipment to Australia fast enough.
But of course should Australia ask for personnel to relieve their own firefighters, there would be no political or public objections against sending entire columns (companies) from the Civil Defense.
The will to help is there, Australia just has to say what you need.

Last edited:
Today, Crown Princess Mary presents the Women's Board Award 2020.

Gallery 1:
https://app.tt.se/bild/q=crown princess mary 2020-01-31

Gallery 2:
https://app.tt.se/bild/q=kronprinsesse mary 31. januar 2020

I looked at the pictures of Frederik today and thought he looked so good, now I’m seeing the photos of Mary again today and think the same thing. She beams, and Frederik too. I think these weeks in the fresh air of the mountains and a less tight schulde (for the first time in 15 years) does them very good ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I looked at the pictures of Frederik today and thought he looked so good, now I’m seeing the photos of Mary again today and think the same thing. She beams, and Frederik too. I think these weeks in the fresh air of the mountains and a less tight schulde (for the first time in 15 years) does them very good ?

Agree 100%
Glad to see them back in Denmark but also it is nice that they have this time for their small adventure with the kids in Switzerland.

video
https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongeli...verrasket-med-soed-gave-til-hende-og-frederik

https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=43c906d23bd45b6821ac3e6123c160ef&oe=5E8F6330
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3280a826637068c2a0b1cf75a05ccb65&oe=5E91AA91
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=ef3bb147eea3179a7ee8ee675335ead0&oe=5EC15A42
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=60c5f8419f1b3af2ae0f3f207f9b91c0&oe=5EC810B8
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=bde336b35b917f784adf98b62c2c84bf&oe=5ED36784

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom