Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Mary is so gorgeous. She seems like a really sweet, warm person, which is definitely the qualities a Princess needs. Her smile is radiant and youthful.

Crown Princess Mary opened th "Anti Sun" Campaign by the
Cancer Foundation against skin cancer on Tues. May 11.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures, Mary looks extra wonderful at her patronage events.

Excerpts from article in BT.
Jeg er bleg det meste af året - I'm pale most of the year.
Written by Karina Svensgaard.

- Jeg er bleg det meste af året - Kendte - BT.dk

Mary had this to say to the reporters present:

M: "Beautiful to have a tan? That depends on how you get it. Of course it's nice to have/get a hue but if the price is going through a severe illness and in the end lose your life (because of that) then it isn't beautiful".

Mary was asked when she last had a sunburn.

M: "Phew... That's a long time ago. I must have been 16-17 years old".
She also said: "I'm pale most of the year. I get a little color during the summer, but it's with respect for the sun".

She was wearing sunlotion factor 20, while she there at the event.

Thanks Muhler.
I like that Mary brings awareness to issues such as this.
It amazes me that with the dangers involved that some young people stiil go out every weekend and get sunburnt.

Thanks Muhler.
I like that Mary brings awareness to issues such as this.
It amazes me that with the dangers involved that some young people stiil go out every weekend and get sunburnt.

It's certainly needed, because Denmark has a high rate of cancer cases stemming from suntanning.

We natives tend to be somewhat pale from nature and we are certainly not designed to be roasted for hours, day after day during each summer.

The concept of using hats and light clothing to shield children (and also elderly) from the sun here in DK, has indeed been very much inspired by Australia and Mary.

When I was a child, we just ran around and got sunburned. That was part of life every year.

Yay!!! more Mary pics! She really has a beautiful skin. I like her blue jacket, the colour is terrific on her.

I think she looks amazing in this black dress. I wonder what it would look like with the moonstone tiara :p

Who are the chaps in the picture?

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #20, 2010.

Mary fik en særlig pris - Mary got a special award.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Mary attended Danish Fashion Awards in Glyptoteket in Copenhagen.
Here loads of prizes are handed out to people within the fashion industry. (*)

Mary table partner was Minister for Economics and Business. Brian Mikkelsen. (**) And after having enjoyed a mouthwatering dinner it was time for handing out the prizes.

The Danish brand of the year was Wood Wood, (I have no idea who or what that is).

The Danish Designer of the year was Bruuns Bazaar.

The teen, Amanda Nørgaard was the Danish Model of the year.

In short, prizes were handed out for more or less everything imaginable... :D

Towards the end Mary was asked to come on stage and here she was presented with the Respect of the Year Award, for her commitment to Danish fashion.

After all that everybody mingled for some time until the whole thing ended around 23.00. By then Mary went back home but those who wanted could party on elsewhere.

Among those present were also Mary stylist, Anja Alajdi and her hairdresser, Søren Hedegaard.

Mary's dress was from Marlene Birger.

(*) If I remember correctly, the fashion industry is the fourth largest Danish export sector. It certainly generates a lot of money!

(**) Well, well. Lucky her! :p

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #20, 2010.

Sådan fejrede Mary Mors Dag - This is how Mary celebrated Mother's Day.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

Save a life on Mother's Day was the encouragement from Maternity Worldwide, for which Mary is patron.

As such Mary was the guest of honor at Copenhagen University.
Here she was informed that each year more than 500.000 women die in connection with pregnancy or while giving birth, most in the third world.
Two doctors from Ethiopia and Tanzania (*) talked about the problems and so did Minister for Development/Foreign Aide, Søren Pind.

When the speeches had been delivered, Mary asked: "Isn't the problem with mortality among mothers also basically about the rights of women, that there is equal access to the healthcare system for women as well. Isn't that the biggest challenge we are facing in order to achieve the UN Milleniumplan"?
The minster, Søren Pind, replied: "Yes". (I like him). :lol:

And that was the start of a debate.

Afterwards Mary metd with the two African doctors. Dr. Godfrey Mbaruku had brough a neatly wrapped present for Mary. Mary struggled a bit with the wrapping: "They sure got some strong tape in Tanzania".
It was finally opened and it was a picture in the form of a scroll, depicting two African women, one carrying a child, the other a water jar. Mary was visibly pleased: "A thousand, thousand thanks".

Mary confided to our reporter: "To me this has been just the right way to celebrate Mother's Day, because it is so important to put focus on all the mothers in the world, who do not live in the same fortunate circumstances as we do in Denmark. The mortality among mothers is one of the most overlooked/ignored disasters in the world".

How had Mothers Day been for her privately? "Oh, very quiet and calm".

Mary confided to our reporter: "To me this has been just the right way to celebrate Mother's Day, because it is so important to put focus on all the mothers in the world, who do not live in the same fortunate circumstances as we do in Denmark. The mortality among mothers is one of the most overlooked/ignored disasters in the world".

How had Mothers Day been for her privately? "Oh, very quiet and calm".

Thanks for the translation. Wow. I love Mary's thoughts on what mothers day should be about. It's good to see that the focus is not on her, but on so many out there dying away with nothing. One would think mothers day for a princess would be a big shindig. She's very caring, this is what I like to hear:flowers:.

Thanks for the translation. Wow. I love Mary's thoughts on what mothers day should be about. It's good to see that the focus is not on her, but on so many out there dying away with nothing. One would think mothers day for a princess would be a big shindig. She's very caring, this is what I like to hear:flowers:.

Agreed CrownPrincess5.:flowers:

Thx for sharing this Muhler. :flowers: It was a very nice article.
Her comment about the wrapping tape was funny.

Yay!!! more Mary pics! She really has a beautiful skin. I like her blue jacket, the colour is terrific on her.

It's called makeup and access to the best dermatologist, medspas, aestheticians, nutritionist and no worries about where the next meal or mortgage payment or rent will come from.

It's called makeup and access to the best dermatologist, medspas, aestheticians, nutritionist and no worries about where the next meal or mortgage payment or rent will come from.

Hahaha. So true:lol:. There's so many things one can do these days to look a certain way.

You are not wrong, but here we go again! If there is not a beautiful base to work on, then all of the dermatologists in the world can't do anything for you. Mary is certainly not the richest woman on earth. Still there are lots a way wealthier than she is who don't have her skin; just look at the other crown princesses if not to tell. Mary for sure was a bit plumpier when she didn't meet Frederik yet, and her style improved so much ever since. But she has always had some good figures, she has always had a lovely face, and she has always had a very beautiful skin, just to sum up she has always had been a beautiful woman.

That puts her with every other Crown Princess on these boards then:flowers:

Discussion on an article about Mary and the Union asking for help has been moved to the
General news about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 6
thread

September 03 - Crown Princess Mary attends the InterCity Meeting "End Polio Now" conference at the Copenhagen Rotary Club.

Gallery from Belga

She looks radiant....and gorgeously slim considering she's having twins! I want her secret, lol.

Beautiful pictures. :flowers:

She looks radiant....and gorgeously slim considering she's having twins! I want her secret, lol.

Beautiful pictures. :flowers:

I agree that she is lovely but if she is having twins in January, I worry that she is too slim. Twins tend to come early and can be small enough. I trust she is not having excessive morning sickness which would thwart weight gain.

I wouldn't worry too much. She'll probably pop out in October or so and be super cute and preggers. :)

Maybe the due date is in February but they announced January because it´s usually the case that twins are about four weeks premature. This is one reason why I wonder whether she isn´t showing more bump so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom