Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: March 2008 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I liked the it the first time as well, loved the jacket and awesome Prada boots she wore with it.

Yes! :D:D:D The peacock skirt! Fantastic that she's worn it again, but I agree with marmi: it looked better the first time she wore it (to CIFF in Feb '06). Nonetheless, Mary still looks very happy indeed :)

I love that peacock skirt. This is the first time I have seen it, and it is fabulous!

Actually I saw Mary on Sloane St at 6pm. I hadn't realised she was in London. She must have decided to do some shopping after visiting the fair. She was still in the same clothes.

She's lost some weight, she looks very thin in those GettyIMages pictures.

Very beautiful still.
How much thinner can she get?

She looks more fit. Like a friend of mine who has been doing Pilates.

Actually I saw Mary on Sloane St at 6pm. I hadn't realised she was in London. She must have decided to do some shopping after visiting the fair. She was still in the same clothes.
The Danish Embassy is on Sloane Street.
Regarding her schedule for this 2 days work visit I doubt she has much time left to do some shopping.
She attended Summer Fair yesterday and in the evening there was a cocktail party (obviously no photos yet).
Moreover, according to the offical calendar she is supposed to be guest of honour at the architecture exhibition "sust-Dane-able" which is on display at the Danish Embassy (so perhaps that was yesterday), to open an art exhibition at The Royal Academy of Arts and to visit The British Film Institute.

Danish princess visits Summer Fair

It was the biggest moment in my life, after saying yes to my husband of course. She is so kind and very grounded. She really understood what we were doing and she even did some research about us.”

The supplier's logo, a portrait of the last crown princess of Vietnam became a talking point as the princess commented on how beautiful she was and said that her father in law was especially fond of Vietnam as he had lived there as a child.

Egholm said: “It’s an honour. She’s so nice and sweet and sympathetic and it’s fantastic that she took this trip here to visit us. It’s amazing really.

http://www.springfair.com/page.cfm/action=Archive/ArchiveID=3/EntryID=822

She sounds fluent ( I did not understand a word) in Danish and I was surprised to see that she was accompanied only by another lady. Hopefully her bodyguards were close at hand or that lady is a trained bodyguard herself.

Actually I noticed the apparent lack too, but I'm assuming that they were just blending into the background

Well basically it's about Danish achitects and how they think the buildings in the future will look like. Mary says that it's been interestings to see what they've made.

As for fluency, she's got her moments:D The last part she said I couldn't really understand.

Last edited by a moderator:
She sounds fluent ( I did not understand a word) in Danish and I was surprised to see that she was accompanied only by another lady. Hopefully her bodyguards were close at hand or that lady is a trained bodyguard herself.

She was accompanied by a born princess, the lovely Princess Benedikte, wasn't she?

Mary looks fantastic. I like all her outfits from London.
Thanks for the pictures.

Love the gray dress. My only change suggestion: long earrings. Also wouldn't have minded seeing a spot of color amidst all the gray (dress, shoes, bracelet, purse).

Well, i am not sure if this is necessary

You don't have to worry: Mary will most probably not be recognized by people outside Denmark. There might be a chance that some people in Australia recognize her but most pepole in this universe do not have a clue who she is. Ask anybody who is not a member of this board.;)

She was accompanied by a born princess, the lovely Princess Benedikte, wasn't she?
I was referring to the photos on the street in London showing Princess Mary with the lady in an orange top jacket do not include a born princess from what I saw. Perhaps the photos during the ceremony show Princess Benedikte.
I have to go back and check the photos from the ceremony.

You don't have to worry: Mary will most probably not be recognized by people outside Denmark. There might be a chance that some people in Australia recognize her but most pepole in this universe do not have a clue who she is. Ask anybody who is not a member of this board.;)
I do not know but for a CP to walk about in London with no bodyguard is kind of risky. Especially of there is a photographer who recognises or follows her and snaps photos. I find it dangerous.

Santacruz, You are absolutely correct. Not only aren't the CPs recognized most people don't care about them! Resulting from a bet, an ex-co-worker and myself conducted a small survey during Feburary 2008 in New Jersey, New York and Illinois. We showed photos of Royals to over 100 people working in government and private offices (of whom we knew). Documented all in detail. Very few knew Mary, Maxima or Letizia when they were not with their husbands. Mathilde of Belgium and Mete-M of Norway were not recognized at all and most didn't even know their husbands.

Everyone knew some of the British Royals and P Grace of Monacos children. The shock to me was that over 70% knew Victoria of Sweden. Why I just don't understand!

Dutch Prince W-A came in at 50% recongization but Maxima just 15% when not with him. Felipe was 45% whereas Letizia only 17% alone. Mary & Fred only 10% when together. Prince Charles was 98% along with his son William, but not so much Harry.

Anyway, I lost the bet big time as I was sure that people would know "heads" of other countries!

Now the comments on the appearance and overall demeanor of the young Royals was quite a shock to me, but you will have to do your own personal survey for that!

Santacruz, You are absolutely correct. Not only aren't the CPs recognized most people don't care about them! Resulting from a bet, an ex-co-worker and myself conducted a small survey during Feburary 2008 in New Jersey, New York and Illinois. We showed photos of Royals to over 100 people working in government and private offices (of whom we knew). Documented all in detail. Very few knew Mary, Maxima or Letizia when they were not with their husbands. Mathilde of Belgium and Mete-M of Norway were not recognized at all and most didn't even know their husbands.

Everyone knew some of the British Royals and P Grace of Monacos children. The shock to me was that over 70% knew Victoria of Sweden. Why I just don't understand!

Dutch Prince W-A came in at 50% recongization but Maxima just 15% when not with him. Felipe was 45% whereas Letizia only 17% alone. Mary & Fred only 10% when together. Prince Charles was 98% along with his son William, but not so much Harry.

Anyway, I lost the bet big time as I was sure that people would know "heads" of other countries!

Now the comments on the appearance and overall demeanor of the young Royals was quite a shock to me, but you will have to do your own personal survey for that!

Do these people in your study have any connection to Sweden. There are millions of people with Swedish background in the US - San Francisco bay area over 250,000 alone. Swedes are generally very informed about Sweden including the royal family. Even americans with swedish blood 2-3 generations back are generally interested. Besides Victoria have made many trips to US for Swedish events.

I'm not at all surprised. These countries are mostly small and there is no reason why people from another continent should be familiar with their leaders. I couldn't name a lot of South American politicians, I'm sure!

Can we please get back on topic; HRH Crown Princess Mary of Denmark Current Events
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom