Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the CrownPrincess had enjoyed her trip to London...but I've always been opposite to showing Royals (or any other famous people), shopping for Christmas. I think these days has other meanning than just to go buy until your bags could not carry a single little thing more...

I hope that Prince Chritian and Princess Isabella will have lots of nice gifts from Santa, but I'm against consumism. And I think that in a world where poverty and even misery is NOT solved, it's not nice to see Royals going and coming with bags plenty of things.

Vanesa.:neutral:
Actually I didn't see Mary with bags plenty of thinks!! I only saw that she went to London to visit some friends!!

tomorrow, January 10 (I edit my message to correct this), Crown Princess Mary has a meeting with all her Patronages at Amalienborg!Last year Mary wore a very nice green dress. lets wait for the pictures from thsi year.

Last edited:
tomorrow, January 10 (I edit my message to correct this), Crown Princess Mary has a meeting with all her Patronages at Amalienborg!Last year Mary wore a very nice green dress. lets wait for the pictures from thsi year.

Actually, biboquinhas, Mary wore the green dress in 2006 (or maybe it was 2005). She wore a Chinese inspired jacket and beige skirt last year. I do not believe we have pictures from that.

Actually, biboquinhas, Mary wore the green dress in 2006 (or maybe it was 2005). She wore a Chinese inspired jacket and beige skirt last year. I do not believe we have pictures from that.

We actually did get two very small images from last year's reception, you can see them here. Photos are never released by the Palace, we generally have to wait until one of Mary's patronages publish them on their website (the above images come from a pdf from the Danish Heart Foundation)

What exactly does the Mary Foundation do? Is it just charity in general or does it have a specific purpose?
I wish I had my own foundation!:ROFLMAO:

i thought there was a thread about the foundation but i can't find it :( sorry
if i remember correctly it's a charity organized after their wedding. mary has a hand in deciding who gets the grants. its been used for the "under represented" ie: immigrants, children who are underpriviledged, non-danish speaking people, outreach for those who are overlooked and could become outcast on the fringe of society. i believe it is different than the CPC joint foundation. please correct me if i am wrong or getting things mixed up ;)

Yes, this is Mary's own foundation. It is still in the process of being created and finalized. They have a board of directors and a mission, now they are just getting all the bits done. It's to help people on the fringe of society feel more inclusive. I believe this will be done through grants to other charity organzations. But that has not been publically defined yet.

Copenhagen Princess Mary at a reception for her patronages in Chr. VIII Palae at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency

i think mary looked very good in this womans's suit.
Everyone know where i found more picture from this event?

i like the suit, it looks like the jacket of christans baptism outfit. love the slim skirt (i didn't like the flowered? one she wore before). wow i'm not sure i could walk into a room full of strangers to talk to and not be freakin out, that 3rd photo perspective stunned me . thanks for the links

Looking very nice. And recycling her beautiful clothes again. She wore the jacket of this suit to Prince Christian's baptism with a patterned skirt. The matching skirt looks very nice! Looks like she is wearing those beige/natural pumps that she wears quite a lot as well.

Pretty good in my opinion.

Danish is not an easy language to learn, and some unfairly criticize Mary regarding her skills. They expect her to speak perfect Danish, without an accent; unfortunately, this is impossible to say the least. There are many expats living in Denmark for years who still haven't completely mastered the language. For example, the Prince Consort. Furthermore, Mary has never spoken another foreign language fluently prior to learning Danish.

On the other hand, others will point to Countess Alexandra noting that she speaks perfect Danish (from the get-go), some say better than native Danes, but I would attribute that to her natural skill/talent for picking up languages fairly easy. She seems to have an "ear" for it, while others do not. Currently, Marie Cavallier is learning Danish. Sources say she is having trouble/struggling with the language (and this is a woman who already speaks German, English, and Italian.)

Are there videos of her speaking Danish?

I absolutely believe Danish is hard to speak without an accent.

Isn't Alexandra the daughter of a Dane?

Even queen Ingrid had a slight accent after having lived a live-time in Denmark - and she was brought up speaking a 'brother' tongue.

As to Alexandra's grasp of the Danish language many has pointed out that the fact that her mum was German speaking and she knew that language might have made it a bit easier for her to learn the Danish language tone.

The other day i watched a very interesting (at least I found it interesting) video clip which Thomas has posted at GREMB - Glittering Royal Events Message Board: A very good one hour long program/video for everyone to see here: The Danish Royal Yacht Dannebrog. It is about the history of the Dannebrog - the royal Danish yacht (not in English and unfortunately no English subtitles). There are some short clips with Mary and Frederik and and you can hear Mary making small-talk with baby Christian. Sure, she has an accent - but I still think she is doing good :)

Copenhagen Princess Mary at a reception for her patronages in Chr. VIII Palae at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen.

PPE Agency

I love Mary's jacket; always have. It's one of my favorites to see her wear. I know she wore it as Christian's christening, has she worn it at any other times?

I love Mary's jacket; always have. It's one of my favorites to see her wear. I know she wore it as Christian's christening, has she worn it at any other times?

This is the second time the jacket has made an appearance. The skirt worn at the christening did get worn a 2nd time during a visit/meeting to one of her patronages.

-Ayvee

The blue jacket looks very nice with the matching skirt! The whole outfit makes her look very professional, but the white piping adds a special touch to it. :)

Even queen Ingrid had a slight accent after having lived a live-time in Denmark - and she was brought up speaking a 'brother' tongue.

As to Alexandra's grasp of the Danish language many has pointed out that the fact that her mum was German speaking and she knew that language might have made it a bit easier for her to learn the Danish language tone.

The other day i watched a very interesting (at least I found it interesting) video clip which Thomas has posted at GREMB - Glittering Royal Events Message Board: A very good one hour long program/video for everyone to see here: The Danish Royal Yacht Dannebrog. It is about the history of the Dannebrog - the royal Danish yacht (not in English and unfortunately no English subtitles). There are some short clips with Mary and Frederik and and you can hear Mary making small-talk with baby Christian. Sure, she has an accent - but I still think she is doing good :)

That's a good video.

You can also hear May practicing Danish with her private tutor. This is from the documentary Mary Elizabeth Donaldson which aired several days prior to her wedding to Frederik. You can see, as well as hear, how frustrated she gets when trying to express herself in Danish. It's not easy... believe me I know.:D

ETA:
[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGkTE7Nzq4s&feature=related]This [/URL] is the correct clip where you band hear her speak Danish with her tutor starting at 5:45. Sorry about that.

YouTube - Mary Donaldson part 7

Last edited:

PPE Agency

I love Mary's suit! I've never seen her wear it as a suit (only the jacket to Prince Christian's christening). I also love that she wears neutral shoes. They seem to go with everything.

I always thought there was a matching skirt.

A wonderful choice :flowers:

That's a good video.

You can also hear May practicing Danish with her private tutor. This is from the documentary Mary Elizabeth Donaldson which aired several days prior to her wedding to Frederik. You can see, as well as hear, how frustrated she gets when trying to express herself in Danish. It's not easy... believe me I know.:D

I believe you ;)
Think of all the other languages that will open up for you - Swedish and Norwegian, and to some extent Dutch as well (if you know Danish you can actually recognize a lot of Dutch words as well).

Thank you for the clip - it was nice seeing this again. And I like watching John Donaldsen - he has such a quiet comforting charm about him :D

Last edited by a moderator:

PPE Agency

Around how many people where at this reception? seems quite abit. Its nice she holds a reception for them. Love her suit, great she has worn it as a full suit this time, also like her hair. Pitty not many pictures released of this event yet:neutral:

It must be hard to Mary to speak to so mucht people at the same time! They seam to be all looking at her...Gosh it must be really hard for her, but she seams to enjoy and to know how to do her job very well! Her suit is really lovely and it suits really well the ocassion.

I love this suit, I wish she would have worn these two pieces together as a suit to Christian's christening.

Lovely pictures on the Dutch page.
I love her hair do.

I just love this suit Mary looks really lovely.I too think her hair is terrific up in that stylish bun. Love the brooch.

she does indeed look extremely elegant and gives such a clean image. not sure if i prefer her hair like this though, but i do like a lot more this skirt than the one she wore at the christening with that same jacket. this combo looks so much nicer and cleaner! very marlene birger... can someone confirm?

i'll have to put my two cents of critique, though. mary drinking what seems to be an alcoholic drink is a complete no-no from a protocol point of view. even if it isn't, it's extremely unwise to show herself holding a cocktail glass that looks like alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom