Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be as a private citizen she attended. But she is also patron of the fashion fair too. So while it may not be on the official calendar, she is still supporting Danish industry.

Mary is still on Maternity leave therefore the fashion show event/s were not on her calendar nor did she open it. So she attended the show/s as a normal person or with an invitation. Please Correct me if im wrong :flowers:

http://i17.tinypic.com/508i1zq.jpg
the first pic in iceflowers post 113 (ty btw) the woman in the purple standing on the left side of the photo looks JUST like mary in silhouette (same body, posture, hair, face) weirded me out for a minute, or is just me?

I think Mary has great legs a to die for body but I don't think the outfit is a good idea for the future Queen of ant country to be wearing to anywhere but the beach. Private or public engagement it makes no difference to me I am surprised but a bad call is not just the domain of we the ordinary folk. imo.

Hmm... I would like to see that...

When you use a short skirt, the only way you can manage to stay "decent" is sitting the way "old protocol" teaches a lady to sit down (with your legs down, with joint knees).

But if she crossed her legs (as she usually does), than it would be impossible to stay "modest" :ohmy:

Legs crossed at the ankle means your legs are down and your knees are together. I don't have a visual but they call it the royal family pose for a reason. Your legs are crossed at the ankle, NOT at the knee with one leg over the other. That is probably how she sat.

I moved several posts about Mary's attire to "Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 2" thread where you can continue the fashion discussion as we would like to reclaim this thread for Mary's current events.

Thanks,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

regardless the outfit, i think Mary was confident in stepping into public in that also she looked very happy, energitic & enjoying the show/s that day. I think it is the only few events she can attened without being a CP & followed by camera's during the whole event

Article Hello

Princess Mary of Denmark not too grand to empty the bins

She's one of the most elegant royals in Europe, but no one could accuse Denmark's Princess Mary of airs and graces. The popular future queen proved she's still as down-to-earth as when she was plain Mary Donaldson, a Sydney marketing executive, by popping out to put out the rubbish.....

Photo ;)

thnaks paty for the links! i love the picture with marry and ziggy she seems to be a regular housewive, and she also looks very fit

Um...I thought Mary was a real estate agent or a lawyer? I didnt know she was a marketing executive?

Mary was neither a real estate agent nor a lawyer, come to think of it she wasn't even a marketing executive.

She was an account manager/executive. Despite her numerous jobs, her position did not differ.

She has a degree in commerce and law. She is not a lawyer. She worked for a real estate firm but was not an agent. All of her posts have been in marketing/advertising.

Article Hello

She's one of the most elegant royals in Europe, but no one could accuse Denmark's Princess Mary of airs and graces. The popular future queen proved she's still as down-to-earth as when she was plain Mary Donaldson, a Sydney marketing executive, by popping out to put out the rubbish.....

Photo ;)

WOW.......SO COOL! Good on you Crown Princess Mary! She looks great even putting out the rubbish! :wub:

She has beautiful legs! :wub:

Last edited:
Article Hello

Photo ;)

I think that makes here even more loveable. She's still just Mary.:flowers:

From the photos it looks like she was taking things to and from the car. There was not a trash bin sight. I suppose Hello! saw her with a garbage bag and automatically assumed she was taking out the trash.

Whether or not she was taking out the trash, she was carrying a garbage bag. So she was taking something to and from some place, and not letting maids do it for her. Good for her! This just proves that she is still a human.

I can't believe that Mary can't even take her trash out without a photographer there. I would have problems living that way.

Whether or not she was taking out the trash, she was carrying a garbage bag. So she was taking something to and from some place, and not letting maids do it for her. Good for her! This just proves that she is still a human.

I once did a radio report on Liechtenstein Castle in Southern Germany. I was looking for the steward of the castle and asked a little, old cleaning woman who was wearing working clothes including asmock and a head scarf and carrying a garbage bag where to find him. She asked very nicely why I was looking for him and then told me where to find the man.

When I mentioned that the old woman had told me where to look for him, he laughed and told me that this had been HRH The Dowager Duchess of Urach....

Just wanted to add that this dowager duchess was born a princess of Thurn und Taxis, a daughter of princess Elisabeth of Luxemburg...

Last edited:
Lichtenstein

maybe Mary was really taking the garbage bags to the car. Just to avoid having reporters snooping their nose in the princely garbage bins...

Article Hello

Photo ;)

Funny!
The same clothes have I worn in 1996 during a holiday in Skandinavia.
And I also carried out the rubbish... ;)

I can't believe that Mary can't even take her trash out without a photographer there. I would have problems living that way.

Sorry... May I ask you something? If I read your comment than I read between the lines, that you think, that Crownprincess Mary ordered the photographers to show that she is more normal, than everybody think. Do you mean this? :eek:

I don't think so. I think, that there are everywhere and always photographers and they wait and wait and wait... and now - for the first time - they got what they want. A funny picture of Crownprincess Mary.

Maybe that is the reason why she wears sunglasses. She knows, that photograhers expect her every time...

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a weird take on Christo's girl's post Royal Darkness. You seem to have read a lot into two sentences. I don't believe that Christo's girl was saying that at all. I read the post to mean that Mary doesn't have enough privacy, there are always photographers around spying on the royal couple. But you do bring up a point. This couple does seem to be seen in the press in "normal" activities more so than any other royal couple. Not sure I believe that they would plan it that way it just seems that the media, F & M, and their residence are a little different than other royals.

I'm not so fast to leap in the air and do flips in celebration of Mary being seen doing something normal. As it seems she is taking things to her car and going back and forth. You can't have maids or people always do things for you because they might not know what exactly you want done. Like that saying "if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself". Besides I would assume that Mary wants some privacy even from maids/palace workers. She doesn't have to tell them exactly what she is doing every second. I know there is a thread that discusses something about how much the royals really do for themselves. I posted once in that thread that we would probably be surprised at just how much they do for themselves this seems to be another example of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
okay she was photographed taking a rubish bag out, who knows if it was actually rubbish in that bag. could've been anything in there not necessarly rubbish/waste in the bag.

whatever was in there, i dont think really matters, so what if she takes the trash/ bags out. Sometimes its just nice to chill out & do things yourself rather than someone doing it for you

It's no wonder the photographer got that "private" picture of CPMary. Their residence is totally inappropriate for their status. I was amazed, when I visited the grounds, at the ease with which I was allowed to wonder about and film. Compared to what other crownprince couples are living in, not to mention Countess Alexandra, I think their house with its concrete approach (and farm-like wooden railings) and view of the back end of the barracks is no prize.

Hi there everyone. As always, I am happy to see that we all have differing opinions. It always makes for interesting conversation. Let's just please try to remember that everyone is entitled to their opinions, whether or not they mesh with our own.

And... I think that we have perhaps discussed the bin bag, car stuff or whatever it is to a natural conclusion. Let's leave that one alone.

And... let's all remember that these are merely photos and we should take into account that we are seeing but a second in time, and not the seconds that come before or after, so we can not make any final conclusion.

It's a good thing to let our imaginations run free. Just let everyone elses run free too, and respect each other.

It's no wonder the photographer got that "private" picture of CPMary. Their residence is totally inappropriate for their status. I was amazed, when I visited the grounds, at the ease with which I was allowed to wonder about and film. Compared to what other crownprince couples are living in, not to mention Countess Alexandra, I think their house with its concrete approach (and farm-like wooden railings) and view of the back end of the barracks is no prize.
I certainly disagree with you there Currier; I find Kancellihuset a very charming - and not least homely place. Sure it was not originally built as a dwelling for royal but I perfectly understand why the late queen Ingrid decided to live there for so many years. She did not find it inappropriate. For a young family it is ideally suited with the large surrounding park and lake.

Concrete approach? I don't recall concrete? Do you main the ordinary narrow asphalt road in the area.
The wooden railing just add to the charm of the house - and it is not exacly farm-like in DK I think.

I only know Kancellihuset by pics. But from what I see I think it's a very nice place to live. Aren't there plans that the crown princely family will move to Amalienborg Palace as soon as the renovations are done? When will this be?

Aren't there plans that the crown princely family will move to Amalienborg Palace as soon as the renovations are done? When will this be?
Yes, as far as I know plans are that the restauration of Frederik VIII's palace at Amalienborg (where king Frederik IX and queen Ingrid lived) will be finished by 2009. There is major renovation going on (was last done in 1935-36 when Frederik and Ingrid moved in), refurbishing of the offical rooms with art from contemporary Danish artists, renovation of the garden etc.

That is a weird take on Christo's girl's post Royal Darkness. You seem to have read a lot into two sentences. I don't believe that Christo's girl was saying that at all. I read the post to mean that Mary doesn't have enough privacy, there are always photographers around spying on the royal couple. [...]

So this was a misunderstanding. I am sorry. But I read so much about celebs doing this, so I read it into the two sentences.

I agree, it looks like she was just carrying something from the car , which was parked right outside her door...not understanding how that makes her any more human! but she certainly looks fantastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom