Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These days I have been in some old threats regarding Mary life before Frederick and just after her marriage! It's amaizing to see how mucht see has changed!

I really just hope Mary comes back from leave ASAP so we can talk about other stuff I miss the lack of news about her. Is there anything in the Danish press besides nanny talk ? Can any Danish members be helpful/

bertie5252003 said:
I really just hope Mary comes back from leave ASAP so we can talk about other stuff I miss the lack of news about her. Is there anything in the Danish press besides nanny talk ? Can any Danish members be helpful/

Yes I agree, but at the meantime we can talk about her speeches, how does she look over look her orginizations etc:flowers:

As for nannies, I think its someones choice whether to have one or not.

Well, not an official engagement, but Mary has been out and about with her nieces and nephews to a soccer/football game.

Danish Royal Watchers has the news, although you will have to scroll to the second story.

Great article! It must have been really embarrassing for Frederik and Mary. They had been really looking forward to showing their relatives a great Danish passion- I wouldn't be surprised if the children are big soccer/football fans themselves, as it is the most popular sport in the world- and a great personal passion of especially Frederik's, when this drunken man came onto the field and ruined the game! I hear that it was a very good, exciting game too. By the looks of his face in the pics, Frederik was not very happy about it!

It also looked like fun when they cooked out. I'm sure Christian enjoyed having his cousins visit, and they were probably overjoyed to see Lillepigen as well.

the pictures of the match look lovely and mary looks happy to be with her family again since such a long time. when was the last time mary met her nephew and nieces before travelling to australia at the end of last year?

Here's an article from BT about an article in the Australian version of Reader's Digest "Who do you trust?" which states that Mary came in 11th place and ahead of HM Queen Elizabeth II. :eek:

Here is the enlarged picture of the Reader's Digest magazine.

Could one of the Danish posters please help with a summary translation of the article? I would be very greatful. :flowers:

Say whaa?:eek:

Though my Danish is below average at best, :D , part of the article notes (and questions) why would she be better trusted than QEII. Because, according to the article, QEII is a "political body" and somewhat removed from reality (that is my guesstamation because there is a word that I cannot understand.)

Mary, on the other hand according to the article, is doing a good job as Crown Princess, but more importantly "...she has not forgotten Australia." She is also a "...contemporary..." (I think they mean modern) Crown Princess who is "...peaceful and unsnobby..."

There is more, but I think a Dane should translate the article, using their own words, so we can understand it better.

I got that Readers Digest , as my family is subscribed to Readers Digest. I read it and it only talks about Mary in one sentece or something as far as I can remember, nothing noteworthy. As for the Danish article, i dont know what it says.:)

Last edited:
Here's an article from BT about an article in the Australian version of Reader's Digest "Who do you trust?" which states that Mary came in 11th place and ahead of HM Queen Elizabeth II. :eek:

Hmm, intresting but not what i would expect. I guess people who voted, voted for Mary because she's younger & has a greater % of watchers & in some way there is a difference between QE and Mary in the way of Mary was born, raised in Austraila and moved to another country & is a princess but QE is a different story. I also think, its quite unfair to put the two in the same category.
But thanks for sharing

I have found in the past that polls such as the one you refer to often come out with some very strange results. But personally, I'm not complaining about this one ;-)
I'd be inclined to agree with dazzling that the poll is a reflection of Mary's age and the increased profile she's "enjoyed" lately - she's "fresh" and modern, wheres as the Queen has been in the spotlight longer than I can remember...

Australians nowadays don't connect as much with the British royals, unlike the older generation who did. The result isnt because of Mary's "popularity of late"... IMO Mary was chosen over QEII because she's was once one of "us": she knows and lived the Australian lifestyle, know what it's like to live and work in Melbourne, Sydney, has enjoyed the same beaches and sights as most of us etc, whereas the Queen has never done most of the things Australians do.

Does that make sense? Perhaps one has to be Australian to understand, not sure.

Or perhaps the whole Diana thing has affected how trustworthy people view the Queen?

Last edited:
perhaps its the same principal that Princess Grace always showed up in polls or best list in US magazines. she was one of "us" and therefore was "our" princess too. so it makes sense to me Jasl :)

Australians nowadays don't connect as much with the British royals, unlike the older generation who did. The result isnt because of Mary's "popularity of late"... IMO Mary was chosen over QEII because she's was once one of "us": she knows and lived the Australian lifestyle, know what it's like to live and work in Melbourne, Sydney, has enjoyed the same beaches and sights as most of us etc, whereas the Queen has never done most of the things Australians do.

Does that make sense? Perhaps one has to be Australian to understand, not sure.

Or perhaps the whole Diana thing has affected how trustworthy people view the Queen?

Yes, I agree with you Jasl, I lived in Australia for some years not too long ago and it's not too similar here either.
My apologies if I'm not communicating too well, I dont seem to be able to express exactly what I mean. it's finals time at uni if that helps explain it!

regards,
Marmi

Does anyone knows if Princess Mary uses the brand Ole Henriksen as her cosmetic brand? I heard about it in a spanish magazine but I don't know if this is true. Thanks in advance

Does anyone knows if Princess Mary uses the brand Ole Henriksen as her cosmetic brand? I heard about it in a spanish magazine but I don't know if this is true. Thanks in advance

yes, she does. i believe it's not the only she uses, but it's certainly the one she uses for creams and mosturizers. she must also use others for make up, as i doubt ole henriksen has a make up line. i think he is more known for his skincare products. there's more information of mary's brands in her thread at the royal house of fashion subforum.

I know this question is a little (or alot) off topic, but when is Mary expected to resume her activites?

Posts about the Crown Princely Couple and the children's vacation to Croatia can be found in "Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary current events Part 8" thread. Please posts article links, picture links, and comments in that thread.

Happy posting! :flowers:

Danish Forum Moderators

Larzen said:
Here are is a clip from Billedbladet the christening issue, the pictures shows Mette sitting in the church and Mie Damgaard Christenesen (assistant nanny or whatever her title is) on the way to the chancellery house
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/9797/untitledtruecolor01zz4.jpg
The link little_star posted shows a picture of Mie (at least they say it's Mie) and she looks quite different to me than the woman who is in that car on the way to the chancellery house (baptism) and supposed to be Mie.
Sorry to bring up the nanny, nanny assistant and extra nanny assistant issue, again, but I think I have to correct myself (and the oh so trust worthy Billedbladet;)) BB say that this (the link in my quote) is Christians nanny-assistant Mie arriving at the Chancellery house in the evening of Christians christening, but IMO it is Sverre Magnus nanny, because the woman is wearing that uniforms which the Norwegian nannies use when travelling. Also the maxi cosy handel looks like the one Haakon and Mette-Marit used for both their children (not the de-luxe leather version Christian was seen in forinstance in Norway) And there were picture of Haakon and Mette-Marit arriving for the party, clearly without Sverre Magnus in their car, and since he was just 6-7 weeks or so then Im pretty sure he was at that party since he would need to be nursed quite often.

Marius and Ingrids nanny from 2001-2005, Maria, wearing that uniform
http://img162.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=22995_sp36f0b4_122_1099lo.jpg
http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=22994_ingrid_122_537lo.jpg
http://img173.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=23006_ingrid_2_122_196lo.jpg

Ingrid and Sverres nanny from 2006 until now with the same clothes
http://img163.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=23007_vhri_122_1000lo.jpg
and they also has a very young brown haired girl since end of 2005-early 2006 which could be the woman in the car which BB identiefied as Mie, here from Sverres christening (in a national costume this time)
http://img175.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=23020_mmmd_122_169lo.jpg
http://img43.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=23013_spaa39de_122_1099lo.jpg
I feel like a nanny Sherlock holmes now:lol:

royals.web-log.nl
has new photos of mary at fashion week
i might like the dress, i can't tell because of the horrid belt. another new style i won't be embracing.

Although I'm not a fan of the print on the dress or the belt, I like that she paired that pink with the camel shoes. Even when she makes a fashion misstep, it's not a complete fumble.

And Mary's feet are not perfect! She has corns of one of her feet (or marks from her shoes rubbing against her toes). Makes her seem more real. ;)

Last edited:
She looks good, lovely dress and earrings, but god that belt is ugly ! It's Prada, but really ugly, I know it's all very very trendy what she's wearing, but couldn't she just have left the belt at home ?

Very elegant shoes, like them, but proably wouln't wear them myself. They look expensive, surely Prada.

Mary looks so cute in this photo:
http://i14.tinypic.com/4qxoo3o.jpg

I applaud her for wearing something a little on the daring side, it's young and fashionable. But it's not very princess-like. I wish we had even better pics to look at, the web-log pics looked a little funky on my computer.

I'm curious to see what Mary does with her hair in the coming months, will she keep this length around her shoulders or let it grow long again. We'll see!

Oh she has worn much better outfits than this one.

She looks good, lovely dress and earrings, but god that belt is ugly ! It's Prada, but really ugly, I know it's all very very trendy what she's wearing, but couldn't she just have left the belt at home ?
Its not PRADA, its Baum und Pferdgarten, the designer whos show she was watching
PHOTO 03 — Baum und pferdgarten

Edit: I see you were reffering to the belt, I read it as you were reffering to the dress/shirt/sack, sorry:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom