Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: March 2007 - March 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"how you look good" i dont find this a good thing to debate on imo especially not in this thread,besides what does this have to do with Mary's current events?

besides looking good doesnt come with having people running around for you, there are a few events where Mary hasnt looked good imo not only that but a few royals (not going to start comparing) have everything and still look badly put together from hair to outfits to shoes. People who work for you (servents, nannies etc)dont make you look good, you make yourself look good, some are naturally elegent and some arent.

Last edited:
Regina said:
Trust me, I've met so many who have servants and still look a mess all the time.
Maybe Princess Mary doesn't cook (or maybe she does) but I think she spend a lot of her time caring care of her son and daughter.

For the cameras maybe? But you are right, she might be a very hands-on mom. It is nice to have a lot of extra help, however. She can't look like a mess, she is a princess.

When is Mary going to resume her official duties? After Lillepigen's christening, or before then?

Is this the place to note that Mary wore a beautiful watch when the family portrait was taken with the new princess? Is anyone keeping track of her jewelry? I like to think the watch was a "new mommy" gift.

You mean the gold Cartier Tank Francaise (price:#15,000)?

I noticed it too, although I'm not a fan of gold or Cartier, the style of the watch is classic and simple. (I'm a Breitling devotee. Love their designs and it's reliable).

Currier said:
Is this the place to note that Mary wore a beautiful watch when the family portrait was taken with the new princess? Is anyone keeping track of her jewelry? I like to think the watch was a "new mommy" gift.

I dont think it was new, if i recall ive seen it before & yes it is a beautiful watch:)

GT, I think cartier is very classic, there gold is beautiful, the Breitling is more modern twist to it also lots of details in them, theyre unique pieces.

acdc1 said:
When is Mary going to resume her official duties? After Lillepigen's christening, or before then?

Nothing has been announced except the chistening on July 1, 2007. I think her maternity leave is for up to 3 months, but i guess she could attend a event/function with the family or frederik if she wanted.

Last edited by a moderator:
I loved the watch your talking about !
She was so many über gorgeous pieces, I'm green with envy .. :rolleyes:

biboquinhas said:
http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41D73F4HATL._SS500_.jpg here is the watch!Very simple but refine taste!! PRICE AMAZON: $2,995.00

Princess Mary's watch is in 18K yellow gold. At Amazon, it's over $10,000.
Amazon.com: Cartier Tank Francaise Women Watch W50002N2: Sports & Outdoors: Cartier

I have seen the same watch at auction houses (Sotheby's and Christie's) and the starting bid is usually in the $4000 range. This range is from catalogues I purchased from Sotheby's and Christie's in 2006.

This Cartier Tank Francaise watch is just like what Diana, Princess of Wales received from her father.

-Ayvee

This is not an event, but rather some interesting news. According to DRWs, Mary has received her own Coat of Arms (which is new) along with her father, John Donaldson.

The interesting piece now hangs in the chapel at Frederiksborg Palace.

To read the article and to see the Coat of Arms, please click [URL="http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/"]here[/URL]

:flowers:

GlitteringTiaras said:
This is not an event, but rather some interesting news. According to DRWs, Mary has received her own Coat of Arms (which is new) along with her father, John Donaldson.

:flowers:

very intresting ! thanks for sharing. Its good to know about these things. Dont always happen do they :) Just wondering, why would her father get one?:ermm:

dazzling said:
very intresting ! thanks for sharing. Its good to know about these things. Dont always happen do they :) Just wondering, why would her father get one?:ermm:

In the article it says that all holders of Danish Royal Orders have to have their own coat of arms, and Mary´s father holds the Order of the Dannebrog, hence he needs one too!

eireann said:
In the article it says that all holders of Danish Royal Orders have to have their own coat of arms, and Mary´s father holds the Order of the Dannebrog, hence he needs one too!

DRW has a picture of the coats of arms!

Little_star said:
Looking good is easy when you have 27 servants who count among their duties, cooking, cleaning and looking after your children
I don't think Mary's elegance and healthy good looks are entirely down to money and social position.
Sure, she has a lot of time and help to groom herself but so does Hollywood celebrities, an awful lot of whom look like dreadful messes.
My point is that she is granted a lot of privileges but it is entirely up to her to use them wisely and with taste. For that, I think, she should be given credit.

I really agree that Mary should be acknowledged for her personal growth into a role that I would think a huge challenge. As for looking good I guess it would be easier but keeping a good balance within one's self would be even more of a demanding. I miss seeing her in this forum anyway.

Interesting to see Mary's first lady-in-waiting at the ballet. To my eye, it appeared she was wearing a decoration? or an insignia?. Could it be the award the queen gave her as her term of service ended?

I think it's great that Mary is still giving Christian lots of time and affection, even though there's a new baby in the house to share her attention. :flowers:

She looks healthy and happy, and her chubby, blonde-haired boy is looking very dapper himself!:)

I think prince Christian will be as tall as his uncle when he grows up. Currently, his height is at his mom's waistline and he is only 19 months young. Love to see he has a good time.

kimlan said:
I think prince Christian will be as tall as his uncle when he grows up. Currently, his height is at his mom's waistline and he is only 19 months young. Love to see he has a good time.

I noticed that too! He seems to have gotten really tall out of nowhere! And not yet 2!

Christian looks cuter every day...It's nice to see them having a good time!!! Where is his dad???? Mary looks gorgeous and confortable in her mother's role

Does anyone know if it is possible to watch pics from today? Read on the tv that they boarded on Dannebrog today and there´s actually a desription that says that Lilleprinsessen was well tugged in the rain and was accompanied by her parents (BTW: Happy 39th Birthday, Frederik :)) and her big brother

As a note: The ship, Dannebrog has also got it´s birthday today as Frederik. It turns 75 years and was celebrated with 27 shot of something I don´t exactly know what is

GrandDuchessOlga said:
Does anyone know if it is possible to watch pics from today? Read on the tv that they boarded on Dannebrog today and there´s actually a desription that says that Lilleprinsessen was well tugged in the rain and was accompanied by her parents (BTW: Happy 39th Birthday, Frederik :)) and her big brother

As a note: The ship, Dannebrog has also got it´s birthday today as Frederik. It turns 75 years and was celebrated with 27 shot of something I don´t exactly know what is

Please see below link regarding lots of beautiful photos of 75th Anniversary of Royal Yacht Dannebrog on 26 May 2007 :

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/danish-royal-family-current-events-part-4-a-12764.html

Thank you Linda... hadn´t realized this thread ;) They were really beautiful. Just a shame we didn´t get to see Lilleprinsessen :(

Lovely picture of Princess mary and her cute little son who looks a lot like is grandad!

Mary looks great. She seems to be getting back to her pre-pregnancy weight really fast. She still has that glow about her.

She looks great for just having a baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom