Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary's 'pob' is popular

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5294/0537300100kv1.jpg

PUTTING the hair into the heir to the throne, Aussie royal Crown Princess Mary stepped out in style in Copenhagen yesterday, unveiling a new chop at a children's charity event in Copenhagen.

The shoulder-length 'pob' – a longer version of the popular 'bob' – has taken years off the young mum, who also revealed her growing baby bump in a chic pink sheath dress.

Full article can be found here:
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/stor...5006002,00.html
From the Daily Mail

I was going to mention Victoria Beckham, but I thought better of it...But now that the article mentions it and concurs with my opinion...maybe the bob is hot and trendy and faddish at the moment, which tends to be how Mary operates...a fashion follower NOT a fashion leader!!!

Xeara said:
I was going to mention Victoria Beckham, but I thought better of it...But now that the article mentions it and concurs with my opinion...maybe the bob is hot and trendy and faddish at the moment, which tends to be how Mary operates...a fashion follower NOT a fashion leader!!!

I'll agree that Mary is trendy with her style but just because Mary got a haircut does not mean she is a slave to "trend setters" like Victoria Beckham. As a mother of a growing toddler with another baby on the way, it is perfectly understandable that she would want shorter locks that would be less of a fuss . Now none of us really know the reasons why Mary cut her hair and it could very well be because she saw Mrs. Beckham's hair in a magazine and thought "wow, I should do that" but I highly doubt it.

Princess Mary's new bob hairdo made it into today's Herald Sun (Victorian newspaper).
Taken from today's paper with Roger Federer on the front cover...
Bob's your princess
It wasn't Princess Mary's baby bump people were peering at in the mueseum of Copenhagen on Friday.
The Danish Crown Princess was sporting a new hairdo - a bob style.
Described by Danish royal watchers as a 1960's style, the new look was unveiled by the princess at a Children's Aid Foundatio event.
Certainly a little harder than the princess's former look, the new do has had royal watchers comparing her with other celebrities - including Joanne Lees and Victoria Beckham - and trying to decide whether it has a future. Some were desparing the princess would no longer be able to wear her hair up or wear tiaras.

Last edited:
She looks lovely with the new haircut...happy to see once again she is not scared to experiment with something new.

Stellad

For me Mary looks like Aleksandra with the new haircut...

selminha said:
Mary looks absolutely radiant and elegant.

Yes, IMHO she does. But she looks less romantic in a Fairy princess-way and more chic/glamourous. I'm not sure I like that change. It reminds me of the likes of Posh Beckham and I'm not comfortable with the image thus projected.

I think Mary looks faboulous today, and I'm starting to like her hair even more :flowers:

I really don't like very mucht the outfit, this time her Caroline, her Lady in Waiting, is really better than Mary, in my opinon!

Mary looks beautiful! It still seems to be quite warm in Denmark. :rolleyes:

biboquinhas said:
I really don't like very mucht the outfit, this time her Caroline, her Lady in Waiting, is really better than Mary, in my opinon!

total agree with you !!
dont think that type of style jacket does her any favour's !!
colour is good on her but eveything else just doesnt work for me !
but she is looking really well !

I think that Mary looks pregnant. With Christian she didn't even show, only in her stomach. This time she is showing on her face. I wonder if that means she is carrying a girl this time? I thought that I had read that somewhere that when a woman has a wider face during pregnancy it is a girl. That jacket does nothing for her. Too boxy.

She looks exactly when she was in Cristian Pregnancy, her belly shape is small, so, I think it would be another boy.

When Mary was pregnant with Christian she was the same size, at six months, as she is with this pregnancy. From what I remember, Mary's belly wasn't really big until her eighth month.

Pictures from TopFoto:

The Danish Crown Princess Mary visits a childrens' caring home near Copenhagen, in connection with her job as patron of organization " Childrens' Helping Day".

Mary
Mary 2
Mary 3
Mary 4

sm1939 said:
total agree with you !!
dont think that type of style jacket does her any favour's !!
colour is good on her but eveything else just doesnt work for me !
but she is looking really well !

I am always amazed that if us "commoners" can figure out what looks best on her, what is her stylist doing for her !! The jacket should be with a dress.

charlottestreasures said:
I am always amazed that if us "commoners" can figure out what looks best on her, what is her stylist doing for her !! The jacket should be with a dress.

Perhaps her stylist was off sick today?? :ermm:

charlottestreasures said:
The jacket should be with a dress.

I was just thinking the same thing after looking at the pics. Maybe the jacket would look better with a dress. Certainly not as good of a look from Mary today. But haven't we all had a few fashion misses from time to time. ;)

I really liked her hair for this appearance. I think it looks classy. But I can hardly wait to see what she does with it for a gala!

Sidenote: I love the coat her lady in waiting was wearing. Beautiful!! Reminds me of a coat that Maxima wore earlier this month.

Last edited:
This jacket is similar to the one she wore just before her wedding - May, 5 2004 - the military parade in Mary's honour, in Copenhagen harbour...It was a different fabric and double breasted...but it was similar in the fact that it was a short, boxy jacket...and she wore it then with a skirt...When I saw it (the jacket she wore a few days ago) this is what I immediately thought of...

Can anyone find that outfit I am talking about...I am looking at a picture of it in a magazine, but I wouldn't know how to go about getting it online...help please?

As for her motivations for wearing it...I am always thinking of these...She is pregnant, she wants to be comfortable, maybe pants are both comfortable and slimming, and who knows what her plans were AFTER this event...So maybe she put on the black pants and black cotton stretch shirt with the idea that she would put that jacket on top for the event, take it of when she got home and put a coat/shirt dress (whatever) over the top to take Christian for a walk in the park or a sparkly tunic top for a special private lunch with Frederik? Just very versatile, easy, comfy, practical...

Actually, Mary is wearing what's in style: cropped jackets layered over pants. I think it looks fine. Maybe it's too "socialite" for her but I think she pulls it off.

Xeara said:
This jacket is similar to the one she wore just before her wedding - May, 5 2004 - the military parade in Mary's honour, in Copenhagen harbour...It was a different fabric and double breasted...but it was similar in the fact that it was a short, boxy jacket...and she wore it then with a skirt...When I saw it (the jacket she wore a few days ago) this is what I immediately thought of...

Can anyone find that outfit I am talking about...I am looking at a picture of it in a magazine, but I wouldn't know how to go about getting it online...help please?

I think you mean this jacket Xeara:
http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/6429/marymilitaryparadeem6.jpghttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/38/pdi200405065589114.jpg/

I love what Mary is wearing! She looks very comfortable and happy.

(from the Danish Defence Force website)

Last edited:
Xeara, the jacket from the Danish Defence Force parade, a couple of days before her wedding, looks nothing like the one she wore to the Children's Aid. The DDF jacket had long sleeves with distinct cuffs, and overall the jacket was a boxy, straight fit.

The bell sleeve cropped A-lined shaped jacket with rounded exaggerated collar, worn at today's event, is very Burberry London, Stella McCartney, and Phillip Lim:

[URL="http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/15794"]Burberry London[/URL]

[URL="http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/20066"]Stella McCartney[/URL]

[URL="http://www.net-a-porter.com/product/16148"]Phillip Lim[/URL]

I see the look she was going for, but I don't believe it worked for her. Instead of wearing the tight black shirt, Mary should have opted for a loose fitting silk blouse instead with the tight black mens pant.

GlitteringTiaras said:
When Mary was pregnant with Christian she was the same size, at six months, as she is with this pregnancy. From what I remember, Mary's belly wasn't really big until her eighth month.

I think her wardrobe people do a very good job. She is pregnant and does have a belly. THe clothing she is wearing breaks up the line. If she didn't have the jacket on, which is rather loose at the top, you would see how her stomach is (don't get me wrong, I am not saying she is huge, by any stretch of the imagination). Before they announced her pregnacy, you could guess by the fact she started wearing those hip hugging belts - breaks up that line and the incessant putting the boquet in front of her stomach. Anyway, her clothing is chosen very carefully to disguise her growing stomach and make it appear to be much smaller than she is.

Before they announced her pregnacy, you could guess by the fact she started wearing those hip hugging belts - breaks up that line and the incessant putting the boquet in front of her stomach. Anyway, her clothing is chosen very carefully to disguise her growing stomach and make it appear to be much smaller than she is.

Good observation and welcome to the board, our_girl_Friday.

:flowers:

The way cropped jacket and pants is a very fashionable ensemble actually...and it's also practical. I think its fabulous....:flowers:

our_girl_Friday said:
I think her wardrobe people do a very good job. She is pregnant and does have a belly. THe clothing she is wearing breaks up the line. If she didn't have the jacket on, which is rather loose at the top, you would see how her stomach is (don't get me wrong, I am not saying she is huge, by any stretch of the imagination). Before they announced her pregnacy, you could guess by the fact she started wearing those hip hugging belts - breaks up that line and the incessant putting the boquet in front of her stomach. Anyway, her clothing is chosen very carefully to disguise her growing stomach and make it appear to be much smaller than she is.

thats true. ive realized that when she wears tight cloths its dark colors such as black but when shes in light colors its always loose things such as dresses with long coats over them.

new haircut really suits her !!! she needed a change which could be noticed but which was not drastic. she looks sleekier

Mary seems an older woman:ohmy: .......
I really don´t like this new haircut:wacko:
Perhaps she wanted to seem stylish but I believe that she has been mistaken...

Well, I also think Mary looks a bit olde now: but in a POSITIVE way.
I don't know, but she looks .. mellower.. in a way it shows the development she has gone through. IMO her new hairdo suits her alot.

Lauritas138 said:
Perhaps she wanted to seem stylish but I believe that she has been mistaken...
Maybe..but I can't imagine. ... Mary hasn't been criticized for her style (or whatever) in the last time.. :rolleyes:

Maybe she just wanted to look a bit more "serious" after all those "shopping" scandals. ;)

Anyway, it's nice to see her out and working... (maybe Frederi could support his wife a bit more :glare: ;) )

Last edited:
I think her new hairstyle is sensational! :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom