Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: November 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
JessRulz said:
There was a piece about Mary's visit to the kindergarden on the Channel 9 news in Australia. Watching Mary play with the children, and read them the sun-smart book was fantastic, she looked as though she was having a great time. She even looked great in the daggy bucket cap that all the kids were wearing! :lol: However I can't say that Channel 9 did a great job at reporting the event, the footage and the commentary of the footage was great, but the introduction was bad. "In a rare public appearance..." was the second sentence! :ermm: The press really need to research things..
Oh, I saw that as well. Mum was yelling for me to come over to the tele ;), and I was hesistant for a second, glad I went to see what the fuss was about. A couple of Danes came to Australia [in the past] and "stole a couple of ideas" on being sun smart [if this happened before it was public knowledge that Fred. had an aussie girlfriend, boy weren't they surprised when they found out that they went to the homeland of their future queen]. Mary was interacting with the kids in danish, which was good way to end [put a minor pause] to her public appearances for a while.

Last edited:
Quote: "Mary's Danish is pretty good although I do hear a slight English accent, but as time goes by it will fade."

Personally, I hope Mary's Australian accent never fades. I think it would be a real shame if she began to sound as though she had never been Australian.

We Australians live in a nation full of accents; its a legacy of the wonderful multicultural identity of our country. One's "original" accent should never be something to hide.

Mary certainly got on well with the little ones and looked kinda cute in the hat. I love the 'Turn down the Sun' motto, it is as catching as our own, 'Slip, Slop, Slap'.
I just had a look at the calender of events to the end of March and it seems that Mary doesn't have any more events. :sad: I hope we will see her now and then before the baby is born in May.

Last edited by a moderator:
KelliB said:
Quote: "Mary's Danish is pretty good although I do hear a slight English accent, but as time goes by it will fade."

Personally, I hope Mary's Australian accent never fades. I think it would be a real shame if she began to sound as though she had never been Australian.

We Australians live in a nation full of accents; its a legacy of the wonderful multicultural identity of our country. One's "original" accent should never be something to hide.

I was the person who said "... as time goes by it will fade", KelliB.

The truth is, Kelli, her English accent will fade as Mary's Danish progresses. Her pronunciation, tone, and Danish lilt will come through the more she practices.

That doesn't mean when she speaks English her Aussie accent cannot be heard, only when she speaks Danish that it will be no more. Nonetheless, even now when she speaks English Mary has a slight Danish accent as her father confirmed two years ago in the Danish documentary, Mary Elizabeth Donaldson.

Jess, thanks for posting the ninesman video, we appreciate it very much!:flowers:

I dont think anyone hopes mary's aussie accent disappears..Iam pretty sure the person was referring to her strong english accent when she speaks danish. It is rather thick....But she has improved so much. I didnt hear a single linguistic mistake while she was speaking..very lovely and impressive:flowers:
But what a good event.
Although, as I understood from the News, this is Mary's last event until B-Day (baby-day) She's going on maternity leave...She has really clocked in the hours prior to this, she deserves the rest...Now, if only Fred would pick up the slack.
:flowers:

You're right, Ctejnoe, this was Mary's last official engagement according to the Current Danish Royal Calender. Her activities have been pretty hectic so she does deserve a break for awhile, but I did notice on March 27 there is a reception for the Ambassadors at Christian IX’s Palace, Amalienborg, and I'm wondering if Mary will show up. It doesn't specifically say which member of the DRF will attend, but it would be nice to see her there.

Frederik, on the other hand, has an engagement on March 29. The details can be seen in the Current Danish Royal Calender (see the link above.) Prince Joachim has been busy as well. His next event will be on March 24.

:flowers:

On her last engagment (unfortunately!) Mary finally dressed how I wanted her to throughout the whole pregnancy...A tight fitting stretchy top under a quirky jacket that fastens (or ties in this case) in the empire waist position...those are the jackets that most suit Mary and being pregnant in general...

And I have a funny feeling that the outfit was pre planned and colour co-ordinated to go with those little sunhats that she handed out and wore herself...Of course it was, I hear you all say ;)

Finally Mary is dressing more Mary. The last two outfits at the Danish royal watchers board have both been great and stylish. It's just like it was with Christian, I still can't believe she's as far along as she is. Her stomach just looks kind of small to me for as far into the pregnancy as she is. But it's just about body size and I think height as well. It seems that women that are taller don't seem to show as much as shorter women. By the way how tall is Mary? She doesn't strike me as super tall or anything but she does seem to be somewhat tall from pics I've seen. I'm guessing 5'7" or 5'8", somewhere in that range maybe 5'9".

crisscross1 said:
I missed the clip on nine, thanks for posting it JessRulz.
Mary certainly got on well with the little ones and looked kinda cute in the hat. I love the 'Turn down the Sun' motto, it is as catching as our own, 'Slip, Slop, Slap'.
I just had a look at the calender of events to the end of March and it seems that Mary doesn't have any more events. :sad: I hope we will see her now and then before the baby is born in May.

only a few links...

A book about the sol

En bog om solen - Kræftens Bekæmpelsehttp://www.cancer.dk/skrunedforsolen/presserum/Aabning.htmhttp://www.cancer.dk/skrunedforsolen/Solstuen/En+bog+om+solen.htm

pictures:

Åbning af kampagnen - Kræftens Bekæmpelsehttp://www.cancer.dk/skrunedforsolen/presserum/Aabning.htm

some pictures and videos

http://www.bt.dk/article/20070320/ROYALT/70320033/0/A

wonderful videos!

Kræftens Bekæmpelse

Kræftens Bekæmpelsehttp://www.cancer.dk/skrunedforsolen/Solstuen/Mary.htm

Wonderful Binz, thank you for links.

What did you think of Mary's interaction with the children and her message during the event?

GlitteringTiaras said:
Wonderful Binz, thank you for links.

What did you think of Mary's interaction with the children and her message during the event?

Well.....

my opinion?

The event is a very valuable one and Mary has done a lot for this case. She has started already with a visit to a cancer research institution during her first visit to Australia as crown princess. This event shows a woman who is very well able to connect with children and get their attentions even a lot cameras are there to destroy the attention of the kids. If you want to know something about a person "ask" animals and children! The answer should be clear. In my opinion Mary isn't perfect, though show me a perfect person and I show you a perfect hypocrite.

Last edited:
Her hair doesn't look good in those videos!Short hair is more difficult to have it right!

GlitteringTiaras said:
I was the person who said "... as time goes by it will fade", KelliB.

Sorry! No offence intended by not acknowledging your name. Part 12 had just closed and I couldn't work out how to quote from a closed thread.

And to clarify... I actually did mean to say that it would be a shame to hear Mary's Australian (English) accent disappear entirely from her Danish. I think it sounds nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Crown Princess Mary visits a kindergarten in Gentofte, Copenhagen, Denmark - 20 Mar 2007 - PICTURE GALLERY
Pictures of Mary putting the hat on are really cute, it seems the children all had a great day that day with Mary

She looks great! I love the skirt and shoes, and the jacket/coat has a nice pattern to it.

CP Mary really looks fantastic!!!! She's really blooming and I simply love the outfit! I'm totally green with envy at how wonderful and slim she looks at the end stage of her pregnancy!!!! Thank you all for the pictures!

Wishing her a safe and smooth delivery and a healthy baby...boy...girl????!!! can't wait to find out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom