Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: May - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sirmax said:
I know that my question doesn't make sense with what is being discussed but I would like to know what was the title of the song that His Royal Highness Crown Prince Frederik and Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Mary's bridal waltz at the wedding dinner at Fredensborg. Thanks

GADE - A Folk Tale

Information in italics is from Ingrid at the CPMEMB:
The music used for the first waltz was actually THE wedding waltz in Denmark. I am quite sure that almost every couple in Denmark who choose to have a wedding waltz dance to this particular music. It as taken from a ballet called A Folk Tale. The following text is taken from the web site of The Royal Theatre:

Quote:
"Bournonville’s A Folk Tale is an enchanting comedy of mistaken identity. While Miss Birthe pesters her servants at the manor farm, the patient and lovely Hilda lives with the trolls in their mount, enduring their monstrosities. Deep down, they both nurture dreams of a different life. Fortunately, their true identities are finally revealed and they find their rightful homes and all ends well to the tune of N.W. Gade’s delightful wedding waltz.

Choreographer: August Bournonville
Music: N.W. Gade and J.P.E. Hartmann
Set and costume designer: Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II"

Also, check out this link for music on the wedding and waltz:
http://www.universalmusic.com.au/ArtistDisplay.aspx?ArtistId=300634&AlbumId=221060&Category=tracklist

Hope this helps.

-Ayvee

I haven't visited for a little while as have been away and so much has happened!! I adore the emerald green dress, very chic and almost oriental. The beige blouse is a bit washy and the outfit at the flower show, YUK!! Too mumsy. But the dark dress is stunning! I love the flow of the dress and her hair looks lovely. Mary is wonderful and I adore her. It is great to see her back at "work". Have missed all the fashion and inspiration while the family has been on holiday.

The dark dress is a lovely dress but doesn't anyone else see it as a cocktail gown- not very appropriate for a daytime conference but great for an evening informal event. Don't any posters see that sort of dress at such events themselves? The shoes did not match up either but her hair was lovely and much better than the raggedy limp look she has been displaying recently. The necklace very nice but when will she ever be able to match up everything- it always seems to come in bits and pieces.

I agree that the necklace and the shoes don't really go with the outfit. Perhaps she was going for the whole contrast thing but it didn't exactly work out. I don't think the dress looks out of place but the whole look would be better with navy blue heels and a gold chain necklace.

soCal girl said:
I agree that the necklace and the shoes don't really go with the outfit. Perhaps she was going for the whole contrast thing but it didn't exactly work out. I don't think the dress looks out of place but the whole look would be better with navy blue heels and a gold chain necklace.
coCal, you are taking my words from my lips! :ROFLMAO: I think the same.Simply NOT that necklace and NOT those shoes. I don´t like the whole shoes. Something musch more classic and elegant and darker would be much more matching. Plus that necklace looks like collier. I think she should wear something small and simple.
She wanted combinate extravagant things and she forgot on our eagle eyes :lol: :ROFLMAO: :lol:

juliana said:
The dark dress is a lovely dress but doesn't anyone else see it as a cocktail gown- not very appropriate for a daytime conference but great for an evening informal event. Don't any posters see that sort of dress at such events themselves? The shoes did not match up either but her hair was lovely and much better than the raggedy limp look she has been displaying recently. The necklace very nice but when will she ever be able to match up everything- it always seems to come in bits and pieces.

Somehow I get the impression you're describing a Barbie doll you're displeased with... At least for me the princess looked good, the other people at the meeting obviously enjoyed her being there.

And I agree with Princess Mary when she stated in her pre-wedding interviews: "if the monarchy one day disappers - I speak now about monarchy as a concept - it's caused by several factors: The developement of society and if an eventually - motivated - lack of respect for the royal family has come to existance. If the people don't see that they make a difference. If the people can't see the value of monarchy, it just underlines the fact, that the role of royals in the monarchy is extremely important." (from the book: Kronprinsesse Mary
by Anne Wolden-Ræthinge.)

So not to discuss the dress here does not necessarily mean other posters have never seen the like in their real life but maybe for them other aspects in the princess's public appearance are much more important. ;)

Jo of Palatine said:
Somehow I get the impression you're describing a Barbie doll you're displeased with... At least for me the princess looked good, the other people at the meeting obviously enjoyed her being there.
So not to discuss the dress here does not necessarily mean other posters have never seen the like in their real life but maybe for them other aspects in the princess's public appearance are much more important. ;)
"Barbie doll"- where is that from?:lol: "Not to discuss the dress here"- who said that? And I am not sure what the book quote is with reference to either.
Another entertaining response -thank you very much.:)

biboquinhas said:
well she can be pregnant!All her dresses can make us assume that!Lets wait and see, I think is too early but...

Her face looks a bit rounder to me. Maybe? :flowers:

Vollsmose visit from Fyens.dk, gallery - Mary i Billeder

http://www.fyens.dk/article/683848

Photos from Polfoto.dk:

vol1fv4.jpg
vol2hp9.jpg
vol3wi7.jpg
vol4fw5.jpg

vol5cp4.jpg

Last edited:
She actually is going to have lunch in a local house!Tha's very good for her popularity!

What a wonderful day for the Crown Princess :flowers: I'm guessing this is an experience Mary will enjoy very much and thats great.

Mary is already very popular in this predominately migrant based community and I can only assume that by her visit, that the affection many hold for her will continue to grow.

Its paramount that, as their Crown Princess and a migrant herself, that Mary experience all areas of the social demographic and by undertaking this visit, it illustrates to me that this is a lady who genuinely cares and can relate too, and with, the community over a broad spectrum.

CP Mary is doing a excellent job. It is good for her to meet with people of all horizons.

Are there more nwe photos?I'am anxious to see the skirt she is wearing!

biboquinhas said:
Are there more nwe photos?I'am anxious to see the skirt she is wearing!

You can see the skirt in the above photos :flowers:

Its a matching outfit (skirt and jacket)

Really beautiful!I love the way Mary dresses for all ocasions!She is reall y my favourite royal, she knows how to dress very well!

When it´s this???... She´s beautifull always.... I think so... she was alone???

What a great video clip. The kids seemed so excited to see a princess! She seems to have such a natural charm that children warm to. V sweet.:flowers:

I think is must be difficult to do her job, well I mean not to forget anything, she enjoy and it seams that she wants always to shake hands with the public and it seams that she never forgets that!She really enjoy been with children

Thanks for the pictures. She looks amazing as usual. CP Mary really does a wonderful job when she goes to places like these and it really looks like she enjoys doing it and not just out of duty.:clap:

Judging from the pictures, Mary seems to be a warm and lovely person.

Smilla said:
Judging from the pictures, Mary seems to be a warm and lovely person.

Yes she does, doesn't she? I wonder what it would be like to meet her? Or any of the other CP's...:rolleyes:

Thanks for pics! Mary looks very beautiful (as always :rolleyes: ) I love her outfit. But maybe she should try another hairdo :lol: She has always something new in warderobe, so why dont with hair (which are great too :lol: ) ? :ROFLMAO:

Beautifull pictures these where I can see my favorite royal princess interacting with people, children or adults....always with a smile in her face!!! She´s a very concerned and warm person!!!! I love her!!

She looks pretty radiant and fresh...her hair is gorgeous :flowers:

Selected pictures from Rex Features:

I think Mary looked amazing today. :flowers:
I also really like her shoes! :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I LOVE this crown princess!!!! She's super swell!! :D She has an obvious authentic appreciation of all kids!

Lady Bluffton said:
She is so unbelievably thin.

Really? I wouldn't have thought.

Mary has a gorgeous figure and what a waist!!! I know a few ladies who would die for a waist like that.lol.

I'm not sure how tall Mary is so I cant give an accurate estimation on her size or weight, but I'm around 5'7 and looking at her pictures I would guess that she would be around the same height, possibly a little taller (?).

I weigh around 52-55 kilos and I am perfectly healthy. I do regular exercise and have a toned physique.

So, I dont think Mary is unhealthily thin, just a reflection of her diet and regular exercise and she looks wonderful, IMO :flowers:

soCal girl said:
Selected pictures from Rex Features:

I think Mary looked amazing today. :flowers:
I also really like her shoes! :lol:

Thanks you for these lovely pictures. CPs Mary looked rounder especially her face. And I agree she looked amazing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I really dislike to see Mary Lady in waiting always behind her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom