Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 6: May - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
UserDane said:

Rachel! For that you should go wash your mouth with soap!:lol: We're almost talking national pride here! It's in the very heart of Copenhagen - take a look :flowers: http://www.tivoli.dk/ (you can choose English at the top bar) (I was there with two of my children last Sunday - they had a Halloween theme for the first time)

UserDane, please accept my most humble apologies...I'm the first to admit that I'm horrible at geography! :sad:
Well, now that you've helped me along in that direction, I'm going to check out the pic's for this event (and check out your new Colin avatar!!). :flowers:

RachelD said:
Let's hope we get some really nice pictures.
Tivoli...that's in Denmark? I always thought that was in Italy...I guess I'm wrong...? ;)

You are right - Tivoli in Copenhagen is named after the Tivoli Garden in Italy. In the beginning of the 19-century where the amusement park in Copenhagen was founded, the beautifull renaissance park Tivoli in Italy was a popular tourist place for danes travelling to southern Europe...

Sophus said:
You are right - Tivoli in Copenhagen is named after the Tivoli Garden in Italy. In the beginning of the 19-century where the amusement park in Copenhagen was founded, the beautifull renaissance park Tivoli in Italy was a popular tourist place for danes travelling to southern Europe...

Well, I thought that sounded familiar....

Oh, thank you UserDane!
I feel better now that I've indulged in a little Colin-watching. Hee-hee!:wub:

Anyone going to post pictures of the event?

dazzling said:
Princess Mary visits the opening of Kopenhagen Fur fashion house, Copenhagen, Denmark - 17 Oct 2006
source - Photo By Francis Dean / Rex Features, isfia.com

My goodness, she looks pale! I hope she is well.

I think it's a combination of the make up and the flashes from the cameras. It makes anybody look pale.

BurberryBrit said:
My goodness, she looks pale! I hope she is well.

Also don't forget that when your already of a light complexion, wearing dark colors makes you look even more pale. She's wearing a dark top :flowers:

Thanks for the pictures. Mary looks beautiful. I love her hair like that- how it's down at the back and she has lovely skin .:)

Does Princess Mary any act today?

Paty said:
Does Princess Mary any act today?

According to their calendar she should attend the opening of a nursing conference on 'Collaborative Research Models: Improving Patient Outcomes' at the Marriot Hotel in Copenhagen this morning. Haven't seen any pictures from that.

Tomorrow night she's scheduled to attend a gala as patron for Danish Refugee Council at Danish Radio's concert hall on occasion of the 50th anniversary for the revolution and freedom fight in Hungary in 1956

ldt20 said:
I think it's a combination of the make up and the flashes from the cameras. It makes anybody look pale.
No it's not the flash; compared to everyone else, she looks pale.

Last edited:
She's got that "extra" glow becuase she's expecting and because she's enjoying herself...:flowers:

I love this gown, so elegant and regal. She looks amazing.

I think Mary looks very elegant and natural in those pics.
Thanks for share it!

She looks great in those black pants. But I want to see more photos!

thanksss for the pictures !!!!
Mary looks very elegant.

Profimedia

She looks fantastic !!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
great news that she is expecting. It kind of showed on her face recently, she seemed tired.

Pictures of her recent event she was looking good. Thought if she didnt wear the coat it wouldve been nicer. Like her necklace

Will she have less events to attend or will her agenda stay the same?

Next time we will see her on October 30:
she will be present at the presentation of the Christmas Seal 2006 in Tivoli at 12.55. Her Royal Highness attends the event in the role of patron of the Danish Christmas Seal.

Last edited:
I agree that she is radient because she is expecting (congratulations.) Can anyone tell me when the announcement was made that she and her Husband are expecting their second child? Thanks in advance.:flowers:

Hi Roshanah,

The announcement was made yesterday morning. Good news to wake up to, right?

:)

GlitteringTiaras said:
Hi Roshanah,

The announcement was made yesterday morning. Good news to wake up to, right?

:)

Totally agree. was waiting for the announcment for some weeks now:flowers:

Well, it is fun to read people comment about Mary.

When people see her often on new outfits, they will say she spend to much money on clothing. On the other hand, when they see her wearing her clothes more than one, then they criticize her that she to often recycle her clothes. Can she ever do anything right?

I dont see wearing an evening gown only once before in a matter of two years as a recycling dissapointment.

I think its great how the Danish royal ladies acknowledge an outfits life is worth the money spent.

Can she ever do anything right?

The answer would seem to be no, kimlan.lol. :flowers:

Last edited:
I was only just thinking earlier today that I have NEVER seen Princess Mary with red shoes...I thought it was because red is a bit too showy and exhibitionist for a princess just finding her feet (excuse the pun)...So she is safer sticking to the black, white, beige, conservative tones for her shoes...And then I check the forums and there she is proving me wrong, wearing red shoes...Well, I don't know about you guys, but that says to me that this girl is here to stay!!! (Whether we like it or not)

Xeara said:
I was only just thinking earlier today that I have NEVER seen Princess Mary with red shoes...I thought it was because red is a bit too showy and exhibitionist for a princess just finding her feet (excuse the pun)...So she is safer sticking to the black, white, beige, conservative tones for her shoes...And then I check the forums and there she is proving me wrong, wearing red shoes...Well, I don't know about you guys, but that says to me that this girl is here to stay!!! (Whether we like it or not)

Red shoes are more daring than the usual black, beige, white, and dark blue. However, many princesses have worn red shoes such as Mathilde and Victoria. I didn't like the red shoes Mary wore with this dress. The dress itself is a gorgeous, bold print so sleek heels would have matched better.

Henri M. said:
It is a pity that the Danish royal ladies do recycle their dresses so often. You can recycle a gown but do some modifications, another stole, another jewels, etc. so it can look totally different. I find it somewhat disappointing that the Danish royal ladies do recycle so often, even without making changes at all, but okay, that is my personal opinion, of course. I noticed the same at the latest Norwegian banquet as well.
:flowers:

Well, I don't know about Alexandra and Margrethe because I am not so fond of their fashion style
and therefore do not remember when they wore what and whether they did modifications or not.

But I have only once seen Mary recycling a dress without making changes,
and that was the dress and hat she wore at the first day in Bornholm and before her wedding.
I think she is pretty good at recycling and making a dress look different through modifications.
Others could learn from her.

And in general I think it's good that royals like everyone else wear their dresses several times and not only once.

Btw, this last outfit of Mary is beautiful and I think the red shoes are perfect.
Two other ladies have worn this dress already with dark shoes and I thought they looked nice
but with those shoes the dress and Mary look simply gorgeous.WOW

Last edited:
Xeara said:

Red shoes:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=103997&d=1110198616
originally posted by Josefine
no original source

Henri M. said:
You can recycle a gown but do some modifications, another stole, another jewels, etc. so it can look totally different.
:flowers:

ROTFL!

The danish crown princess did wear a different set of jewels and an other hairstyle, so whats the reason to nag?

Last edited:
It seems: No matter what Mary does, she always makes anything wrong >>
She appears in many new dresses: The people complain about the fact that she wastes too much money.
She wears her old dresses: The people complain about her wearing old and recycled dresses...:wacko:
Poor her... :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom