Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fashionista100 said:
I am going to have to object to the fashion is superficial statement. Fashion and clothing are vitally important to human beings on a fundamental level such as protection for the body, and identification (think policeman or priest), and from a money/industry standpoint. But also from an intellectual and emotional viewpoint. Clothes can make us feel, they can also make us think about someone and pass judgement. They help us declare our identity and become part of social groups. Human beings are very visual creatures. If we were not we would all be wearing the same grey lifeless, shapeless suit made of the same material. All of us. All our homes, buildings etc would be the same. But they are not. We really don't need a nice home, nice furnishings, all we need is a box with a roof, and a sleeping bag. Why bother gardening unless to grow food exclusively? Flowers are pointless visuals? No they are not. They smell good, they are pretty and make us happy. The same can be said of fashion. Does man need art? music? Not really. We can survive without them. But the question is do we want to? Fashion can be put in the same catagory. I for one do not want to look like a drone or carbon copy. I love color, cut, fabric etc. :)

I agree! I love my clothes and I love feeling good and I love dressing up too!:)

Her promoting fashion industry helps create jobs so people can work and feed their families.

Nothing wrong with that to me.:p

Last edited:
EmmieLou said:
When did Mary wear that green coat?? It looks beautiful but I don;t think I have seen any other pictures of it.

EmmieLou, according to the Hello article, Mary wore the green coat and the outfit on the same day.

It says:

"The pretty Australian was sporting a trendy green velvet jacket with empire-line fastening and jeans when she made her entrance. She later swapped the garment for an oriental-style number with an eye-catching brooch as she and two companions arrived for local label Munthe Plus Simonsen's latest collection."

This all happened the day before she wore the light blue blouse outfit
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=180661

So I think she wore the green coat on August 11th.

As I was never to interested in Mary (her fashioncovers was one of the reasons) I did not know that she was involved in something other then fashion and the occasional flower/smile/shake hands/cut ribbons visits. But I am glad to hear that she is involved in Mental Health etc. As a poster discribs it as one of her key patronages I assume she is actively involved anyway.
However I would like to point out that there is a difference in being a patron and to be actively involved im some causes. Bing a patron sometimes merely requires one (or not even one) visit, while active involvement is something completely different.
Anyway, all the best to Mary and her causes.

More pictures from TV2 of Crown Princess Mary today, 16 August, as she went to Vejle to open The Fight Against Cancer's new advisory center.

Attachments

• 535304.jpeg
    535304.jpeg
    17.3 KB · Views: 1,016
  • 535305.jpeg
    535305.jpeg
    23.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 535306.jpeg
    535306.jpeg
    24.4 KB · Views: 372
  • 535307.jpeg
    535307.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 929
  • 535308.jpeg
    535308.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 435
  • 535309.jpeg
    535309.jpeg
    27.8 KB · Views: 590
  • 535303.jpeg
    535303.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 398
Is it me, or is there something mismatched about Mary's outfit?

Ennyllorac said:

I feel the same way. The whole ensemble seems to be hastefully put together. I like the jacket much better when she wore it the first time.

She looks nice and fresh though.

I love the way CPM radiates within this Picture! :) I said it before and I'll sa it again, she looks wonderful and preganancy definately suits her.:) Thumbs up CPM:)

pdas1201 said:
More pics taken at the Danish Refugee Help Fashion Show, "Fashion with a purpose" at the Royal Academy for Art Architect School at Holmen.

www.facetoface.de

pdas1201 said:
I feel the same way. The whole ensemble seems to be hastefully put together. I like the jacket much better when she wore it the first time.

I agree as well. She looks rather radiant, though.

Ennyllorac said:

I think it's the hat. It seems too casual to be worn with a jacket and skirt that is made of a more formal looking material, for lack of a better word.

GrandDuchess said:
More pictures from TV2 of Crown Princess Mary today, 16 August, as she went to Vejle to open The Fight Against Cancer's new advisory center.
Once, the blue jacket looks too big for her but now it seems to fit for pregnant Mary:)

She just did the same mistake or she thinks those mix&match of dress' cut line; materials difference and also combination of the colour is a harmonies one. After http://theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=176382 and then http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=181301

Just wonder, where is her fashion advisor, or it might their idea to mix the dress like that...I think she should find another fashion advisor :eek:. But if Mary likes it, it just fine for her:).

Last edited:
I think she is doing a wonderful job. Her dressing is never boring and she looked great and radiant. I like the fourth picture where she went to shake hands with the woman of 4 kids who is suffering from skin cancer.

Last edited:
The image that Mary is only interested in fashion was brought on by Mary herself. She started her royal life by modelling (not only appearing, but actually posing like professional models) too often on magazine covers. It left many with the impression she was fixated with fashion, and not interested in anything else.
If she had started off by being seen more often with other projects (mental health etc), she wouldn´t have invited this image. She made that choice (and the royal advisors perhaps failed to advise against it), and even appeared with Fred in some pics. This gives people who value charity work the impression that the crown princely couple are rather unserious; more into hip and fashionable things.

Jasl said:
If you look at what Mary wears, the majority of what she wears is not by international designers. Unless one can show that Mary does not wear Danish designs then I don't think one can continue arguing that Mary does not practise what she preaches.

I also strongly believe that being a protector of something does not mean that you are bound to enjoy things produced by them only. For example, would it be reasonable for Alex to only enjoy music produced by the DR Girls choir (not sure what it's called)? Of course not! But back to Mary - look at what she wears and you will see that a majority of it will be unrecognisable to us (for now) and you know why? Probably because we can't find it in the websites by international designers... they are probably by unknown Danish designers, which brings us full circle to Mary and her connection with CIFF: to help make Danish fashion known to the rest of the world.

that's a fallacy. your example can be compared in the same level if it involved wearing the same type of clothes all the time. that's obviously impossible. besides, the fact of listening to music needs to be much more varied or people may become crazy. letizia for example just used 2 or 3 clothes and accesories from international designers and she normally uses spanish ones, so that proves it's not impossible. however, the list with mary is much longer and what was even more was the fact that she posed for a danish magazine to promote danish fashion and had clothes from international designers on...

i really agree with what xandra and marengo said. it couldn't have been better said.

The amazing fact is that I have not seen anybody go to as many fashion shows as Mary who is not in the business. Buyers for department stores, magazine editors with a deadline for an article all have a job to do. They're in the business of translating the catwalk into something that people may want to buy. Even actors and actresses are looking for a new look to supplant the old one because they need to reinvent themselves all the time. They go a lot because they have a job to do. But Mary's frequent attendances are very unusual. Royals don't have to change their looks like actresses do or as frequently.

To be charitable, she may be teaching herself about high fashion; she didn't get much exposure to it before meeting the CP and looking nice is part of the job. I just think a good image consultant could do the job better.

am not fond of the green ensemble ...she has a bad habbit of putting things together that individually looks wonderful but together are mismatched...however she looks wonderful at 7months pregnant.

ysbel said:
The amazing fact is that I have not seen anybody go to as many fashion shows as Mary who is not in the business. Buyers for department stores, magazine editors with a deadline for an article all have a job to do. They're in the business of translating the catwalk into something that people may want to buy. Even actors and actresses are looking for a new look to supplant the old one because they need to reinvent themselves all the time. They go a lot because they have a job to do. But Mary's frequent attendances are very unusual. Royals don't have to change their looks like actresses do or as frequently.

Mary doesn't constantly attend fashion shows. For the past week or so we have seen her attend many, but that is because their is a Fashion Week or something along those lines going on now in Denmark now. We saw Mary do the same thing last year around this time. It was one of her first public engagements. Also since she is a patron of Danish fashion (not sure of the technical term of her patronage), Mary most likley should attend fashion shows when possible in Denmark, and most likely will.

Now I am not saying that Mary doesn't enjoy attending the shows. She probably does a great deal. Let's be honest. Mary does seem to be interested in clothing. I will also go as far to say as some that since Mary has become a Princess she has bought more than her share of clothing and had her share of photo shoots. Clearly taking fashion under her patronage was a no brainer for her.

Last edited by a moderator:
bigheadshirmp said:
http://www.thecouriermail.news.com....255E953,00.html

Half a million dollars for two danishes
Lachlan Heywood
18aug05

AUSTRALIA'S fascination with Princess Mary and her fairytale marriage to the future king of Denmark has come at a right royal cost to taxpayers.

Almost $500,000 has been forked out for the glamour couple since they tied the knot last year.

Good grief and they're not even «their» royals! Diplomacy can be expensive.

ysbel said:

To be charitable, she may be teaching herself about high fashion; she didn't get much exposure to it before meeting the CP and looking nice is part of the job. I just think a good image consultant could do the job better.

I am so sorry, but its just getting a tad bit repetitive. Mary attends these shows because she's the patron of CIFF. Do we really have to keep saying it? CIFF stands for (I think) Copenhagen Inernational Fashion Fair. CIFF holds an exhibition twice a year... I believe it's the largest fashion exhibition in the northern hemishpere (I forget or don't know if I remember that correctly or what)... Mary attends these fashion shows because its during the biannual exhibition.

It was mentioned that the attendance of those who go to these shows because "they have a job to do" is justified. Well then there you go! Mary is patron for CIFF..... she goes to the CIFF exhibitions because it is one of her duties as a Crown Princess.

Hopefully people will keep that in mind? Don't let the fact that it is glamorous and enviable stop you from realizing that (i) it is part of her job to attend CIFF events, and (ii) even though it is fashion, there are real people behind the scenes who Mary is helping (fashion designers, those in textiles, retail, the models etc... heck, even the tourism industry, which my research shows, is Denmark's fourth largest industry ;) .... hehe (though I could be relying on old documents! lol... I can never seem to get Denmark's fourth largest industry right:p )....

Last edited:
Xandra said:
The image that Mary is only interested in fashion was brought on by Mary herself. She started her royal life by modelling (not only appearing, but actually posing like professional models) too often on magazine covers. It left many with the impression she was fixated with fashion, and not interested in anything else.
If she had started off by being seen more often with other projects (mental health etc), she wouldn´t have invited this image. She made that choice (and the royal advisors perhaps failed to advise against it), and even appeared with Fred in some pics. This gives people who value charity work the impression that the crown princely couple are rather unserious; more into hip and fashionable things.
I agree that it was a bad decision to start with a magazine cover. I didn't like that at all.
And it created an image which is hard to get rid off.
Because some people seem to be unable to get over their first impressions
and don't take the trouble to inform themselves better.

Mary attended a lot of functions which had nothing to do with fashion.
She is patron of 18 organisations, only two of them are connected with fashion,
the main focus is put on social and health issues (e.g. The Heart Association, The BrainInjury Association, 2 Mental Health organizations, The Kidney Association, The Rare Disorders Association, WHO ...)
She had unofficial working meetings with all of them. For example a meeting with WHO on August, 8th.

As far as charity work is concerned she has actually done more than any of the other new crownprincesses has
in the first 15 months after her marriage.

On Tuesday she attended the opening of a new cancer councelling. The pics have been posted her.
I wonder why there haven't been just as many comments on that event as on the fashion event.
Perhaps some of the messageboard-posters are just too superficial?:)

i totally agree with you ricarda. Unfortunately there is no pleasing some people, it could be out of jelousy as well.

BWUHAHAHAHA i absolutely love this thread everyone is so opinionated and passionate ^___^...but oh dear what can you do you either like her or you don't...i think it's absolutely silly that people don't like her even though they don't even know her but eh - that's their problem

anyhow, i hated what she wore in her last public outing...the hat was ewww...but i guess being pregnant doesn't really give her many dressing options...hey skin is still flawless - wahhh i've seen pregnant woman who's skin kinda went strange... blotchy or somthing...

ingenue said:
glad to see u found my link helpful! so are the two CPs- mary and leti having boys> ? :)

ohmy im so not liking her outfit with the green jacket and peeping shirt from under it :(
yes, the link gave boys to both princess. Let's see.

ingenue i made the same simulation to Infanta Cristina and it made a boy!
Infanta Cristina (13/06/1965)
Irene concepted +- 09/09/2004

http://www.cphpost.dk/get/90055.html

A driving offence gets Crown Princess Mary's father in trouble with the law Crown Princess Mary's father, John D. Donaldson, came into a different kind of contact with the Danish police on Tuesday than he is used to, daily newspaper metroXpress reported.

On his way home from a reception at the University of Aarhus, the mathematics professor got stuck in a traffic jam caused by a 15,000-runner relay at Marselisborg.

Too impatient to wait for the runners to pass, Donaldson made a U-turn across an unbroken white line in the road in his royal blue Mitsubishi SUV.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=58368

Danish royal visit cost $350,000

18:28 AEST Thu Aug 18 2005
AAP
Crown Princess Mary's visit home to Australia in March cost taxpayers almost $350,000, new figures show.

The federal government paid more than $115,000 on travel for the former Tasmanian real estate agent and her husband, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark, during the 13-day trip in February and March this year.

Accommodation for the royal couple and their bodyguards - also provided by the Australian government - cost more than $62,000.

This morning Crown Princess Mary opened the "Garden Living Fair 2005” in the Frederiksborg Castle Gardens in Hillerød. Pictures from UK Press.

Attachments

• Mary_Garden_Fair_19-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_19-UKP.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 266
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_18-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_18-UKP.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_17-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_17-UKP.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 369
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_16-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_16-UKP.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 268
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_15-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_15-UKP.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 227
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_14-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_14-UKP.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 196
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_13-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_13-UKP.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 192
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_12-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_12-UKP.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 272
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_11-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_11-UKP.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 236
  • Mary_Garden_Fair_10-UKP.jpg
    Mary_Garden_Fair_10-UKP.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 311
she looks radiant, thanks for those great pics Grand Duchess!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom