The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #301  
Old 08-26-2005, 12:29 PM
lis lis is offline
Nobility
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: , Venezuela
Posts: 311
i really don´t like what she´s wearing today...
__________________

  #302  
Old 08-26-2005, 02:37 PM
Anita's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rom, Italy
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thi
I’ve just recently read previous threads that existed in 2002-2003 before Mary’s marriage to Frederik and it seems to me that a lot of people back then were very critical of her. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and respect that. I guess what I’m trying to say is that for all those in the past (those who have criticize her pre marriage) to voice their opinion on her now and whether they still have negative opinion on her.
I did'nt like Mary as I first "saw" her and I still do not like her . To me, she seems fake and I think that all that she's doing is because she is an attention-seeker . I'm sorry to say this, and I know that she has a lot of "fans", but I'm not even sure that she truly loves her husband . I'm sorry if my opinion is shocking to some people :) . I din't like Letizia either at the biginning but I've changed completely my mind and she's now one of my favourite princesses . She looks kind and nice . But ...no comparison between the two ... :)
__________________

  #303  
Old 08-26-2005, 02:52 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
I did'nt like Mary as I first "saw" her and I still do not like her . To me, she seems fake and I think that all that she's doing is because she is an attention-seeker . I'm sorry to say this, and I know that she has a lot of "fans", but I'm not even sure that she truly loves her husband . I'm sorry if my opinion is shocking to some people :) . I din't like Letizia either at the biginning but I've changed completely my mind and she's now one of my favourite princesses . She looks kind and nice . But ...no comparison between the two ... :)
What makes you think that Mary only does her public appearances because she likes being photographed?

Why do you belive that she may not even love Fred? Do you think that continuing a relationship with Fred after they met in Australia and marrying him was only because Mary wanted to have the attention given to her that a Crown Princess would certainly receive?

I am just wondering how you have drawn your conclusions.
__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
  #304  
Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 PM
Anita's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Rom, Italy
Posts: 381
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel
What makes you think that Mary only does her public appearances because she likes being photographed?

Why do you belive that she may not even love Fred? Do you think that continuing a relationship with Fred after they met in Australia and marrying him was only because Mary wanted to have the attention given to her that a Crown Princess would certainly receive?

I am just wondering how you have drawn your conclusions.
When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions . And I readily admit that I can be wrong . But it's my impression about Mary and I can'y really say what's wrong with her to me . But just to give you an example : when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . But, please, don't tell me you never have impressions about people .:)
  #305  
Old 08-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions . And I readily admit that I can be wrong . But it's my impression about Mary and I can'y really say what's wrong with her to me . But just to give you an example : when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . But, please, don't tell me you never have impressions about people .:)
I didn't say that I didn't have impressions about people. I asked you a few simple questions on how you came to your conclusion. I didn't ridicule you for it, so please do not so to me for asking a few questions.

If you are going to make statements along those lines, then you should expect for someone if not several people to ask questions. It's bound to happen.

However, I do form impressions about people, but the ones that you have formed about Mary seem to be extremely personal and your judgement really appears conclusive. Usually, I can only make these types of inferences from impressions that are based on face to face meetings and actually being in that person's presence for some time. But, that's just me.
__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
  #306  
Old 08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
azile's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions ..... when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . .:)
Impressions are very difficult to make based on photographs alone. They are often difficult to make upon a direct meeting with someone, and I doubt you have ever seen Mary in person! Maybe Mary is the kind of woman who keeps her emotions more private, and there's nothing wrong with that. The media is certainly prying into every area of her life- I wouldn't blame her one bit if she wanted to keep the intimate relationship she has with her husband between just the two of them. If she really was an attention seeker, there would have been LOTS of leaks about their relationship to the media before there actually were. That obviously was not the case.

Myabe have another look at the photos in this forum for a second opinion.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=6951

I think there's quite a bit of affection between them.

Do you really think that Frederick, who could have married any woman in the world, would have chosen a woman who he was not 100% certain loved him very much as well?

Eliza
  #307  
Old 08-26-2005, 04:20 PM
rchainho's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: , Portugal
Posts: 2,683
http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/87302004.htm

Royal News Denmark's Princess Mary's baby bump

August 25, 2005, 1:21:13 Denmark's Princess Mary showed off her baby bump recently on a visit to a museum in Copenhagen.

The 33-year-old looked radiant and in good health as she arrived at Thorvalsden Museum in Copenhagen, with her bump clearly visible under her summer dress.
  #308  
Old 08-26-2005, 04:25 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tórshavn, Faroe Islands
Posts: 221
Frederik has gone through, what, eight girlfriends? So I'm fairly sure he knew A True Thing when he saw it.
  #309  
Old 08-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Thi Thi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 31
[QUOTE]"To me, she seems fake and I think that all that she's doing is because she is an attention-seeker " [QUOTE]

I'm just curious on why you think she is an attention-seeker or fake? Is it because she seems happy in her pictures? If she was an attention-seeker, wouldn't the Danes along with the Royal Family know. Since the Royal Family has been in the public eye for all their lives, wouldn't they know whether Mary is using them or not, whether Mary loves Fred or not and if she was using him for the attention? And if attention was her motive, I don't think the Queen would give her blessing. To say Mary is a fake, isnt in a sense you're dissing the Queen and Frederik's judgement. I hope I don't sound rude or mean but am just curious...
Have a nice day
  #310  
Old 08-26-2005, 04:48 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
Impressions are very difficult to make based on photographs alone. They are often difficult to make upon a direct meeting with someone, and I doubt you have ever seen Mary in person! Maybe Mary is the kind of woman who keeps her emotions more private, and there's nothing wrong with that. I think there's quite a bit of affection between them.

Do you really think that Frederick, who could have married any woman in the world, would have chosen a woman who he was not 100% certain loved him very much as well?

Eliza
How a person reads a picture is often based on her background and her culture. For a person from a «latin» background (latin here including people speaking French, Italian, Spanish, etc), Mary - who is not from a latin culture - may seem like a reserved and sometimes cold person, just because of the way she smiles or carry herself. If we compare smiling pictures of Mary, Stéphanie, Maxima, Letizia, etc... Mary would not be the only one giving us a «fresh» impression.

Now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred.
  #311  
Old 08-26-2005, 05:32 PM
Thi Thi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess BellyFlop
How a person reads a picture is often based on her background and her culture. For a person from a «latin» background (latin here including people speaking French, Italian, Spanish, etc), Mary - who is not from a latin culture - may seem like a reserved and sometimes cold person, just because of the way she smiles or carry herself. If we compare smiling pictures of Mary, Stéphanie, Maxima, Letizia, etc... Mary would not be the only one giving us a «fresh» impression.

Now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred.
What do u mean "now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred"?
  #312  
Old 08-26-2005, 07:41 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thi
What do u mean "now because we associate love with passion and heat, that might explain why some of us questioned her love for Fred"?
That sentence is directly related to the previous paragraph of my post in which I explained why Mary could sometimes look as a cold person to some of us:o . I am not the only one having this feeling. If you read Anita's post you will see that she has similar impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anita
When you think something, you do not necessarily have proofs for what you think . Sometimes it's just some impressions ..... when I see a photo from her looking at Fred, I don't see any love in her eyes . Friendship, tenderness maybe, but not love . But, I admit it, it's only an impression . .:)"
  #313  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:00 PM
Thi Thi is offline
Commoner
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Kitchener, Canada
Posts: 31
Princess Bellyflop, and others, do u guys draw conclusion/impression on Mary based on only photos?

just wondering :)
  #314  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:31 PM
Roxsteve's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Any City, United States
Posts: 665
While I don't agree with your comments, I believe we are all entitled to our own opinions. I think it is hard to judge from pictures, and I don't know how you would know if you have never met them, but, again, you are entitled to your opinions and that's why we have freedom of speech.
  #315  
Old 08-26-2005, 08:58 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: SYDNEY, Australia
Posts: 169
Thumbs up

I like Mary very much. Mary is a very confident and independent princess. She has a warm heart and outgoing personality. She is very sweet, caring, down to earth and compassionate. :p

In particular, I like the way how Mary interacts with people proactively. She does always smile, go and talk to people and shake their hands and greet them small, young or old. When Mary and Frederik visited Sydney this year, I went to see them at the Opera House. I was very impressed by Mary's warmth, friedliness and compassion. Mary took her time to meet and greet almost everyone there! She seemed very patient, caring, compassionate and considerate towards others. In fact. Mary's hand is very warm and soft!

Mary is a very good ambassador for Denmark and is doing a great job as a Crown Princess of Denmark. We are sooooo proud of Mary's hard work, good work and her dedication to her role.

Well done ! Mary !

Indeed, I am soooooo happy that Frederik has chosen Mary as his Crown Princess. They are sooooooooo affectionate and " in love " and have " unbelievable chemistry " between them. Frederik and Mary are a dream couple and a great team. They compliment each other very well.

May GOD bless Frederik and Mary and Denmark for ever and ever !!!!!! :p

Amen
  #316  
Old 08-26-2005, 10:22 PM
Isabel's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The, United States
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by azile1710
Impressions are very difficult to make based on photographs alone. They are often difficult to make upon a direct meeting with someone, and I doubt you have ever seen Mary in person! Maybe Mary is the kind of woman who keeps her emotions more private, and there's nothing wrong with that. The media is certainly prying into every area of her life- I wouldn't blame her one bit if she wanted to keep the intimate relationship she has with her husband between just the two of them. If she really was an attention seeker, there would have been LOTS of leaks about their relationship to the media before there actually were. That obviously was not the case.
Eliza
That is very true. For instance if we are going to keep using the Danish Royal Family as an example then who could have read from the photos of Joachim and Alex attending a wedding the weekend before their separation and plans for divorce were announced that they had already decided to end their marriage? Even at Fred and Mary's wedding the two appeared to be having a good time and we now know that the decision had been made as far back as then. It's not that they were faking or that they are even faking now. They appear to genuinely be friends who are fond of each other. Still we couldn't tell that the marriage would ever end based on the the numerous photographs of them together during this period. Just as we can't tell now how two people who still appear to get along so well had to end their marriage.

It is really hard to make these decisions and form impression based on photographs. With photographs things can really go both ways. People can be even happier than they appear because they are holding back from the public due to shyness or trying to maintain some privacy. People can also appear happy and be miserable, and they can literally be as they appear to be. But, unless you really know someone, it is really hard to tell. Sometimes you think you know someone and you don't know them at all.
__________________
"Always do what you are afraid to do."
- R.W. Emerson
  #317  
Old 08-26-2005, 10:33 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thi
Princess Bellyflop, and others, do u guys draw conclusion/impression on Mary based on only photos?

just wondering :)
NO, I won't speak for the others but I also read the text that often comes with the photos!
  #318  
Old 08-26-2005, 10:51 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,377
Impressions from photos can be accurate as long as you're talking about being reserved vs. being passionate. And yes, I agree, that Mary is more reserved than passionate.

Being reserved myself, I don't necessarily think reserved means not loving. I definitely don't think being reserved means being an attention-seeker. The two traits aren't usually found in the same person. Reserved people are uncomfortable with attention.

We tend to like or dislike others based on how we are. I personally never liked Diana because her showy emotions seemed fake and manipulative but then that's the natural reaction of a reserved person when confronted with an effusive personality. I'm sure a passionate person would have equally strong reactions against a more reserved person.
  #319  
Old 08-26-2005, 11:23 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Montreal, Canada
Posts: 776
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Impressions from photos can be accurate as long as you're talking about being reserved vs. being passionate. And yes, I agree, that Mary is more reserved than passionate.

We tend to like or dislike others based on how we are.
Exactly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I personally never liked Diana because her showy emotions seemed fake and manipulative but then that's the natural reaction of a reserved person when confronted with an effusive personality. I'm sure a passionate person would have equally strong reactions against a more reserved person.
I don't share your opinions on Diana and Mary but I respect them. It's probably the fault of my passionate little devil!
  #320  
Old 08-26-2005, 11:31 PM
Vicomtesse's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: , Canada
Posts: 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thi
Princess Bellyflop, and others, do u guys draw conclusion/impression on Mary based on only photos?

just wondering :)
If some others can say that they LIKE Mary based on their judgements of PHOTOS then why can others who do NOT LIKE Mary make the same judgement based on PHOTOS???
You can judge someone by photos if only you LIKE them? But it's not okay if you judge them but don't like them???
__________________

__________________
When a man gets up to speak, people listen, then look. When a woman gets up, people look; then, if they like what they see, they listen. ~Pauline Frederick
Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 5: May - December 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 433 12-19-2006 01:23 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May 2005 - May 2006 Mandy Current Events Archive 402 05-11-2006 03:18 PM
Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005 Mandy Current Events Archive 524 05-26-2005 05:24 PM
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: Oct. 2004 - May 2005 USCtrojan Current Events Archive 472 05-09-2005 11:34 AM




Popular Tags
america american archie mountbatten-windsor asian birth britain britannia british british royal family buckingham palace camilla camilla's family camilla parker-bowles camilla parker bowles china china chinese ming dynasty asia asian emperor royalty qing chinese colorblindness commonwealth countries coronation crown jewels customs dresses duchess of sussex duke of sussex edward vii elizabeth ii family tree fashion and style gemstones genetics george vi gradenigo harry and meghan henry viii highgrove house of windsor hypothetical monarchs japan japanese imperial family japan history kensington palace king edward vii king juan carlos liechtenstein lili mountbatten-windsor line of succession list of rulers medical meghan markle monarchist movements monarchists monarchy mongolia names nara period plantinum jubilee politics prince harry queen elizabeth ii queen victoria state visit st edward sussex suthida tradition unfinished portrait united states wales welsh


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises
×