Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Iam sorry, but who picked the hat?????????

Mary always uses the same colors and it is so boring.

She looks stylish and elegant with her choice of those outfits, but you also said right, nilah, that she always choose outfits that a little bit similar in the styles and the colours to each other on her visits recently, so if we look in generally,we can think that they are stylish and beautiful(truthly!!they are stylish) but if we always look at similar taste all the times, we will get boring.

Impending motherhood seems to agree with the Crown Princess!:) She looks more relaxed and at ease than on her weddin gday (and I thought she was ravishing then). Very lovely set of pictures.

Motherhood really suits her! Shelooks ome radiant everyday. May Allah bless CPF his wife CPM and their Baby!

rchainho said:
from face to face.

They did, great, do you know where in Africa?

Ava Elizabeth said:
No, they have'nt, but they did spend their honeymoon in Africa.
Ava.

I couldn't have said it better. Great emoticons by the way!:)
Linda Hsu said:
I agree with you completely.

Mary looks absolutely gorgeous. I really love the dress - very feminine, elegant and pretty.

Mary is a very beautiful and classy pregnant princess. Pregnancy does really agree with her.
emo

Exactly, Divine destiny has a way of getting things like that right he he. CPF and his Wife CPM are divinley suited for each other and are a truely blessed couple. Thumbs up to the Danish Royal Family!!! :O)

Linda Hsu said:
Yeah, I agree with you 100%, norwegianne !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mary looks so beautiful, and I really love what Mary wore : the whole combination and colour - very soft, very feminine and very classic. I love the hat and the empire waist look of the top - very Jane Austen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pregnancy does really agree with Mary and she is, indeed, one of the busiest pregnant princesses. What a great asset to the Danish Royal Family. I can see the reason why HM Queen Margrethe is so proud of her daughter-in-law.

Well done, Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
HMQueenElizabethII said:
She looks stylish and elegant with her choice of those outfits, but you also said right, nilah, that she always choose outfits that a little bit similar in the styles and the colours to each other on her visits recently, so if we look in generally,we can think that they are stylish and beautiful(truthly!!they are stylish) but if we always look at similar taste all the times, we will get boring.

She too often wears shades of brown.

Pic from Bt.dk

Mary with a "princess" teddy bear

Attachments

• 299364_large.jpg
    299364_large.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 338
That's really interesting that people commented that Mary's style is always similar and stuff because the one thing that I love about her wardrobe is how unpredictable it is! :)

Definately she sometimes sticks to the safer side of fashion, but then she would suprise you with an outfit I would have never thought she could pull off (Like that hugo boss dress she wore to London...) It's because of this eagerness to explore her fashion that she makes a fashion mistake every now and then, but I love her daring she is with her wardrobe!

Translation of parts of the article:

Mary now speaks near perfect Danish.

By KARIN SCHMIDT - http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=385138:fid=100300158/

Her hands shook. But the voice was confident and the Danish almost perfect when Mary yesterday gave her longest speech ever as Crown Princess.

It happened at Frederiksberg, where she was to proclaim the winner of the Children's competition "World's best letter" who has had three milion contestants from all over the world. "When I found out that I was to give a speech about writing letters, I thought <oh, no.> Then I had to practise how to say breve (letters) and skrive (write). I've got difficulties pronouncing those two words," said the Crown Princess.

pics from face to face.

the last ones...

Attachments

• 00741291.jpg
    00741291.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 268
  • 00741300.jpg
    00741300.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 206
  • 00741299.jpg
    00741299.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 214
  • 00741298.jpg
    00741298.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 249
  • 00741297.jpg
    00741297.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 874
  • 00741296.jpg
    00741296.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 273
  • 00741295.jpg
    00741295.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 209
  • 00741294.jpg
    00741294.jpg
    131.9 KB · Views: 241
  • 00741293.jpg
    00741293.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 244
  • 00741292.jpg
    00741292.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 255
  • 00741301.jpg
    00741301.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 00741302.jpg
    00741302.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 209
  • 00741303.jpg
    00741303.jpg
    149.6 KB · Views: 254
  • 00741304.jpg
    00741304.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mean to be critical since Mary's always worn really nice outfits and beautiful evening/gala dresses but isn't this outfit have just a little too much decollete (sp?) specially for a pregnant woman? I apologize if I'm out of line.... I mean it's not a bad outfit overall except for the cleavage.

more pics on this same event on image2use.

Attachments

• 0c475aaa-34ce-435a-8424-47e8f4d318af.jpg
    0c475aaa-34ce-435a-8424-47e8f4d318af.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 356
  • dc3c68fe-e10f-450a-a7e1-2fbc257d1808.jpg
    dc3c68fe-e10f-450a-a7e1-2fbc257d1808.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 401
  • e6d66f1e-c027-4730-8213-63397a584ad0.jpg
    e6d66f1e-c027-4730-8213-63397a584ad0.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 441
  • f2a736fb-1159-48b0-b7dd-4efdc36ffebf.jpg
    f2a736fb-1159-48b0-b7dd-4efdc36ffebf.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 2,377
Lisele said:
I don't mean to be critical since Mary's always worn really nice outfits and beautiful evening/gala dresses but isn't this outfit have just a little too much decollete (sp?) specially for a pregnant woman? I apologize if I'm out of line.... I mean it's not a bad outfit overall except for the cleavage.

:D Nah, you're not out of line; everyone's entitled to express their opinions, especially when they're as respectful as yours was.

However, I'd have to dissent. I don't think it's too low. I think the cut of the neckline makes it seem lower than it really is with the two-tone shirt.

Overall, she just looks so ethereal and content in her pregancy. It becomes her very much and I think she'll be a great mother.

she looks really nice in the above pictures very relaxed and happy,
Just wondering how is princess Mary coming along in learning her husband's language?

sm1939 said:
she looks really nice in the above pictures very relaxed and happy,
Just wondering how is princess Mary coming along in learning her husband's language?

According to www.bt.dk she is speaking Danish nearly prefect (which I interpret as fluently :) ). I really admire her (and Princess Alexandra) in learing Danish so quickly, since the Scandinavian languages can be hard to learn (and I guess Danish is the worst with their - in my ears as Norwegian - glottal way of speaking :D ).

http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=385138:fid=100300158/

lis said:
i do not like how she looks today, but i am wondering qhere es frederick? isn´t he the crown prince?

Kind of sad and disgraceful of the family isn't it when the most hard working member of the family is a woman who is 7-8 months pregnant.

Since they've been back from holidays Frederik's been seen 2-3 times, the Queen twice, Joachim once, his ex-wife 3-4 times and Henrik is off sailing. At least Benedikte can say that she is in official mourning for her mother in law. But it speaks badly that the Queen and the future King have made fewer appearances combined than the heavily pregnant member of the royal household, and that combined the two of them have made as many appearances as Her Highness the Countess of Frederiksborg, give or take one or two appearances.

I wonder if while Mary is resting after giving birth we can expect no appearances at all from this family since she seems to be carrying the family's workload.

i agree. seems difficult to understand what's going on in the family, leaving all the duties for a person who wasn't a member of the royal house since a year and a half ago.

rchainho said:
more pics on this same event on image2use.

Mary's speech from this event is now online: http://www.kronprinsparret.dk/3802774/Year/2005

CP Mary said:
H.K.H. Kronprinsessens Egne Oplevelser med at Skrive og Modtage Breve</B>

Offentliggjort lørdag d. 3. september 2005

Jeg er blevet bedt om at tale lidt om mit forhold til at skrive breve i forbindelse med denne dags præmie-overrækkelse til de to bedste brevskrivere i verden. Min første tanke var ' åh nej', nu er jeg nødt til at udtale ordene skrive og breve mange gange, og de to ord har jeg svært ved at udtale.

Nåh…Jeg vil helst tale lidt mere frit end blot at holde mig til emnet brevskrivning.

At lære at skrive og læse er vejen til viden og personlig udvikling og vækst. Man kan ikke sætte ord på, hvor vigtigt det er at kunne læse og skrive. Det er en gave, en gave af håb. En gave, vi alle sammen skulle have rettigheden til, men desværre er det ikke alle, som får chancen.

Det er flot, at over tre millioner unge fra 25,000 skoler over hele verden har deltaget i konkurrencen. Det viser en stærk forståelse af, hvor vigtigt det er at skrive, og at det også kan være sjovt.

Man kan sige så meget i et brev. Tænk et øjeblik på den viden, vi var gået glip af, hvis mennesker ikke havde sat blyant til papir. Hans Christian Andersen er et perfekt eksempel. Han skrev hele tiden, ikke kun eventyr men også breve, dagbøger og rejsebøger. Hvis ikke han havde været så frodig med sin skrivning, havde vi kun kendt meget lidt til hans person. Og tænk tilbage til den gang meget af verden var uopdaget. Uden det skrevne ord, hvordan kunne man så fortælle andre om, hvad man så eller om, hvad man oplevede på den anden siden af jorden. Det skrevne ord dokumenterer historien.

Hver dag får jeg mange breve fra mange forskellige lande og fra mennesker i alle aldre. Hvert eneste et er jeg meget glad for og ofte rørt over, hvad der står i dem. Folk skriver blandt andet om deres liv, deres personlige følelser og deres forhold til den kongelige familie. Brevene kommer ofte med søde tanker og varme ønsker, fotos og tegninger. Hvert brev giver mig et indtryk af den person, som har taget sig tid til at skrive til mig. Jeg ville gerne kunne svare personligt på hvert brev, men det er desværre ikke altid muligt.

Jeg elsker at skrive (men gør det ikke nok) og synes, det er en rigtig god måde at få de ting ud, som man tænker og føler. Det er mere personligt at skrive eller få et brev end at formidle med e-mail eller SMS. Der er noget specielt ved at holde et brev i hånden og at se sin kæres håndskrift og den måde, hvorpå skriften afspejler, hvad de tænker og føler. Min farmor og jeg skrev til hinanden ofte, og i dag kan jeg stadig tage et af hendes breve frem og føle, at hun er i nærheden, selvom hun døde for nogle år siden.

Jeg vil gerne ønske alle, der deltog i verdensmester-skabet i brevskrivning et stort tillykke. Jeg håber, at I alle sammen vil fortsætte med at skrive breve - hvem ved, måske bliver jeres breve en vigtig del af historien?

nilah said:
She too often wears shades of brown.

I am not one given to defening Mary but I will in this case. The impression that she too often wears brown is false. Mary wears lots of different colours and patterns. Maybe you've only seen one or two pictures of her when in both cases she was wearing brown. And given that she rarely repeats her clothing, it can't be that you just saw pictures of her at two different occasions wearing the same brown outfit.

If you look only at this thread she has worn blue, beige, peach, white, silver, gold. How can that be too many shades of brown? Or did the colour wheel make peach into a variation of brown now too?

mum to be Mary's reasons to smile
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/09/05/princessmary/

mary-dop1a.jpg

mary-dop2a.jpg

Genevieve said:
And given that she rarely repeats her clothing, it can't be that you just saw pictures of her at two different occasions wearing the same brown outfit.
She actually recycles the same pieces quite often, it's just that it always looks different the second time round. She's not one for recycling the same outfit from head to toe.. she always mixes and matches, which i how it should be...;)

Jasl said:
She actually recycles the same pieces quite often, it's just that it always looks different the second time round. She's not one for recycling the same outfit from head to toe.. she always mixes and matches, which i how it should be...;)

that's true, that's how it should be. she really doesn't look like repeating clothes, and that's perfect. maxima in that sense is one of those who does it the same way.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=190161 : is this the jacket she wore to rock and royal?

I agree that Mary does fashion right. Every woman knows that, even if you love clothes, it's best to buy a ton of things that can be mixed and matched so you can have only so many articles of clothing but get a billion different outfits from those basics. Besides, maternity fashion is REALLY like that because it's not like she needs 50 maternity outfits- pregnancy is only so long!

P.S. I also echo the sentiments that CP Frederik has gone missing. Where has that cutie pie gone?!:confused:

Point 1: Seeing as this is a thread dedicated to the Crown Princess, you're hardly going to find much news about the Crown Prince in here.

Point 2: Mary is a much more desirable photo-object for the press at the moment than her husband. He's not the one pregnant.

Point 3: Frederik has an official engagement today in Herning, opening a convention there. (from http://www.kongehuset.dk). If pictures come from that occasion, they might be posted in his thread, and not here.

i actually think she looks much better with her hair in a ponytail or with some kind of "pulled up" hairdo...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom