Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 4: May - September 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what we can see, Mary seems to be having a great pregnancy. SHe looks radiant, glowing and happy. Long live Mary of Denmark :) I like the way she carries herself, so sophisticated and elegant, at the same time as being down to earth .

carlota said:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=184405

the problem is that she looked too laid down. the perfect posture to sit in a chair is straight and never "lay down" on it.
however, it may also have been a problem of the chair...

The design of the chair is not comfortable for sitting- too deep in, good for the back with the support behind but bad for the neck. I think I will get a stiff neck sitting one of those chairs.

Crown Princess Mary looks great! Radiant and healthy! And I think it's very admirable of her to be the hardest working person in the Danish Royal Family at the moment, despite being so far gone in her pregnancy! It's great to see that she's enjoying her pregnancy and not having many (as least not notable) of those little problems that can make it harder to work. Smashing Mary!

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1260&storyid=3665340

Princess Mary to visit Aussie campus

August 24, 2005

CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark will make one of her last official public appearances at an Australian university's campus in Denmark before the expected birth of her baby.

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story.jsp?sectionid=1266&storyid=3661507

The godparent race is on

August 24, 2005

LOOKING more like a Vogue model than a woman two months shy of giving birth, Princess Mary stepped out to wow adoring locals in Copenhagen this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who do you think that Marry and Frederick will pick as godparents ?

I think that Crownprince Felipe and Crownprincess Victoria will make a good chance

One of the members of the Greek Royal Family?

Also wasn't Fred Haakon best man? Maybe Haakon or Mette-Marit will be godparents. Any Dutch royalty?

maybe Joachim and Alexandra? If not, then i would think someone from the Greek royal family too.

GömdNatt said:
Busy Crown Princess?
Um, they talk about how busy the crown princess is. and the poll is asking if she is too busy, I think.
Thanks alot GömdNatt.......

Just wondered if it is a very serious pol or just like the one in hello magazine which everybody can vote as many as they want:D

it seems to be something like Hello Magazine. Not really serious in the sense that you can vote as much as you want (or so it would seem...;) )

I think that Joachim and Crown Prince Haakon stand a good chance of being asked to be godparents. As for godmothers, Crown Princess Victoria and maybe Princess Alexandra Wittgenstein Berleburg.

paloma said:
I think that Joachim and Crown Prince Haakon stand a good chance of being asked to be godparents. As for godmothers, Crown Princess Victoria and maybe Princess Alexandra Wittgenstein Berleburg.

Excellent choices! I agree with all of them. I also think Gustqav might be a good choice, and someone from Mary's side... perhaps one of her sisters? Or one of their friends.....

How many godparents can Mary's child have?

Crown Prince Fred and Crown Princess Mary already chose godparents for couple's first baby its not my idea! you would read in Hello articles you wouldnt believe it!

Prince Fred chose his best friend as godfather and Princess Mary chose friend from Australia as godmother and im not sure what another more for couple's first baby

Princess Mary in the Pink at fairytale launch
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/08/24/princessmary/

prmary-dop1a.jpg

prmary-dop2a.jpg

They have not made the choice of godparents known publicly, even if they have been chosen.
You can't go by Hello magazine. It is technically a gossip magazine. SORRY!:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Jasl said:
Sometimes with pictures, we don't know really when it was taken: if it was taken before or after a particular act etc.
Yes it could happen. Btw I found video clips about Mary in the museum, then we can see what has happened with Mary at the time.

Mary seems like to pull her skirt little bit to get a comfortable seat (some people also do that then nothing strange with it in my opinion). At the first time she did not pull it too much (she did seat in proper as also appeared in some photograph) but when somebody (photographer???) asked her to stay a while on the chair for some more photo shots (just my guess since I don’t understand Danish:)) she did their demand with back to the chair in quick then she (seems to) was not aware about the skirt (what an accident since she must know that this time she is there for photograph and video camera shot). That is what I understood from the clip.

http://www.infocast.dk/eb/launch.php?id=1529 click on hér then click
22.08.2005: - Mary besøger udstilling
Or you also can find it here…
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/ click Video fra Ritzau, or just click
Mary på Thorvaldsens museum

Last edited by a moderator:
What do you think of Mary so far?

I’ve just recently read previous threads that existed in 2002-2003 before Mary’s marriage to Frederik and it seems to me that a lot of people back then were very critical of her. I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and respect that. I guess what I’m trying to say is that for all those in the past (those who have criticize her pre marriage) to voice their opinion on her now and whether they still have negative opinion on her.

For me, it wasn't as if I didn't like Mary, but I was apprehensive about her. Looking at her pictures before she married Frederik and before she officially became his fiancee, she looked stern and severe to me. Now, she's more relaxed in her new role and motherhood-to-be really becomes her. Now, I didn't like Letizia when they announced her engagement with Felipe and I still don't like her. Something smelled fishy with the extremely quick courtship of Felipe and Letizia versus the long one of Frederik and Mary.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
For me, it wasn't as if I didn't like Mary, but I was apprehensive about her. Looking at her pictures before she married Frederik and before she officially became his fiancee, she looked stern and severe to me. Now, she's more relaxed in her new role and motherhood-to-be really becomes her. Now, I didn't like Letizia when they announced her engagement with Felipe and I still don't like her. Something smelled fishy with the extremely quick courtship of Felipe and Letizia versus the long one of Frederik and Mary.

agree with evrything u said...am given Mary few more years to improve. Am hoping she'll grow on me eventually...perhaps I judge her to quickly. As far as Letizia...she stilll appears to be distant to me. theres something not right about her but i cant put my finger on it.

I think some people were critical of her for other reasons than the way she looked. Many of which were not very nice and had no basis in fact about it. But hopefully we have all moved on. Mary is amazing and has handled her transition very well. She is by far my favorite Crown Princess. I think in the very beginning (and Mary has admitted this) she was extremely nervous. But she has adjusted. And now is very happy. Plus being followed by the paparazzi can be very daunting at first. As for Letizia, I don't follow her closely. But I have heard that the Spanish Royal Family is very rigid and protocol oriented. She may have had to surpress a part of her personality. I only hope if this is true that she does not end up like Masako. Who I still worry about.:confused:

Fashionista100 said:
As for Letizia, I don't follow her closely. But I have heard that the Spanish Royal Family is very rigid and protocol oriented.
yes I also heard about that. I also don't follow Letizia closely, but I read in royal Spanish thread that her Father in-law (who some refer him as "the big boss") is really strict with royal family member....

Mary, Maxima and Mathilde (may be Mette?) seem to have a different situation to Letizia' and Masako'. I have no doubt that Letizia and Masako are not able to represent fully of their talent and capability because of very strict royal protocol. Letizia and Masako have proofed that they are intelligent and independent ladies even before marrying their husband.

Last edited:
Comparing Letizia and Mary is just totally unfair. They are two entirely different women in two VERY different monarchies.
I think that Mary has been given much more freedom which has made it easier to transition into her role as Crown Princess of Denmark. However, with Letizia, I feel that her true personality has been stifled or pushed into the closet. I also do not think that there was anything fishy with regards to her quick engagement. Instead of letting the papparazzi savage her due to her previous divorce, they had to move quickly due to the conservative nature of the spanish monarchy. I don't think that this would have been an issue in the scandinavian countries.(MM is the perfect example)
Mary is doing well in her role and Frederik is obviously smitten with her, and that is what counts. Hopefully, they will make great parents.

I completely agree paloma, comparing two different princesses is just not unfair, it is also a waste of time, you could spend all day comparing things between people but what is the point at the end of the day?

Mary's busy schedule is just mind boggling. one can't help but notice that we aren't even seeing half as many photos of Letizia in action these days.

Letizia as well as the rest of the SRF are on vacation...whereas, Mary and the DRF were on vacation in July...when the vacation for the SRF is over, you will see a lot more of Letizia (with Felipe) working as hard as they had before! And I agree with past comments that Mary has had a lot more easier time adjusting to her role as Crown Princess of Denmark because the Danish monarcy is a lot more relaxed! She is doing a magnificent job! If I ever had to marry into a royal family, I would prefer Denmark's monarchy! They are a close family and the emphasis is placed on being a "family" more so than being "royal"!

The difference is that Letizia has not been turned loose on her own. We only see photos of her with Felipe. I personally think that she would be more than capable of appearing on her own.

Last edited:
Today Crown Princess Mary attended the special school, the Geelsgård school's, 50th jubilee celebrations. Pictures from Polfoto.

Attachments

• Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_1.jpg
    Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 270
  • Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_2.jpg
    Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_2.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 249
  • Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_3.jpg
    Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_3.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 2,176
  • Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_4.jpg
    Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_4.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 380
  • Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_5.jpg
    Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_5.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_6.jpg
    Geelsgårdskolan 50 år 26 aug 2005_6.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 213
although I am not fond of the vest, she looks beautiful and seems really happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom