Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julia
Ack! Enough already! Mary was on the cover of Vogue. She did a photo shoot. The end. The photos were attractive and I hope it helps tourism in Denmark and Down Under.

However, hopefully, this will not become a 'regular job' for her or any other crown princess...that would be totally distasteful.

:D You've had enough with this topic also? If I recall, Princess Diana had a photoshoot for vogue also and it wasn't criticized. I think it is time we find something else to talk about. How about her shoes? ***laughing***

Seriously, the poor woman just had surgery and is getting use to her new role. Let's give her time to learn the ropes. I am sure she will adopt worthy causes. Let's stop comparing her to other royals and appreciate her for the person she is.

Hear hear Ennyllorac

This isn't about the Vogue shot (God forbid...), this is just one little comment on Marys work with charities. I rather like the fact that Mary does not - as someone recommened - "jump into it". I think it's very important that Mary chooses charities, that suit her, because she and the organizations have to work very close together for many, many yeas. So imo it's god that she takes her time to decide which ones to take up, propably with help from her husband and mother in law.

While I thought she said some mildly pretentious things in the Vogue interview (she's a thinker, she doesn't do things unless she knows how they fit the big picture, but then she also just takes things as they come . . . ), I did like her explanation as to how she is deciding about her charity work. she explained the need for the roles to give her room to grow as she developes experience and expertise, and so to take on too many too quickly would ultimately make her ineffective. She also noted that once she takes them on she can't change her mind so it's a big decision.

I admired the thought processes clearly going on. An easy bid for popularity would have been to quickly take on a round of charity work.

I've bought Billedbladet's royal gold-number. It's practicly a resumé of what has happended to the Danish royal house this year ( so there is a lot about CP Mary and CP Frederik), including several whole-page-pictures (huh?) :)

this isn´t really news but I couldn´t find a tv thread so I´ll post it here :)

Does anyone know if Danish TV (or some other country for that matter) will show the documentary about Mary made by JJ film, that aired a few days before the wedding in may 2004 again soon?

Unfortunately I didn´t tape the programme and I would really like to have it on tape.... so I hope there will be a re-run :)

I'm sure someone here will be able to help you.....

But if not, then perhaps you can ask the people over at the CP Mary MB (not advertising or anything *wink*, but they are really excellent over there when it comes to info about CP Fred and CPss Mary).

Well Yennie.....they usually re-show programmes like that on bigger occasions - for exaple they showed a lot about Joachim & alexandra's wedding around Frederik & Marys, and around the baptisms of their sons too!!!
So if there'll be an occasion with Mary, they might do! Otherwise, they show them when they have a big room in their programme, like in holidays and so!

If they do, we'll try to post it here :) Then you can all be ready!

ok...lets hope so! Thanks for the answers :)

Found some pics of Mary's gown and other wedding related stuff from the exhibition at Amalienborg Palace.
I absolutely loved the heels she wore for the wedding...
People were allowed to touch a piece of the cloth used for the wedding dress and get a feel for it.

Attachments

• 6wa01kzv_guest.jpg
    6wa01kzv_guest.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 2,206
  • 6vw01kfx_guest.jpg
    6vw01kfx_guest.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2,118
  • 6vw01kfp_guest.jpg
    6vw01kfp_guest.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 2,088
  • 6wa01kzx_guest.jpg
    6wa01kzx_guest.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 2,041
  • 6wa01kzw_guest.jpg
    6wa01kzw_guest.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 2,399
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 2,330
  • 6vw01kg1_guest.jpg
    6vw01kg1_guest.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 564
I agree with you Pdas, those shoes are fantastic. I went to see the gown. It is amazing, even more beatiful than on tv. And the fabric is so nice to touch!

Thanks for posting the pics. I love the shoes! Most brides wear plain shoes because they don't feel that anyone is going to see them, but those are fantastic.

Isabel said:
Thanks for posting the pics. I love the shoes! Most brides wear plain shoes because they don't feel that anyone is going to see them, but those are fantastic.

I agree! The shoes really caught my eyes, too. I didn't care much for Mary's dress but two aspects of her wedding day outfit that I did enjoy tremendously: her wonderful, historica veil and those phenomenal shoes -- love the ribbons! :)

November 15, 2004: Princess Mary, a guest at the opening of the international week of the upbringing in Copenhagen.

I love everything about the dress, except the stripes on the skirt. Overall, I think she is looking very sweet....

Attachments

• ch126196_guest.jpg
    ch126196_guest.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 593
  • showLayoutImage.jpg
    showLayoutImage.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 1,168
  • ch126195_guest.jpg
    ch126195_guest.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 536
  • ch126194_guest.jpg
    ch126194_guest.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 649
  • ch126193_guest.jpg
    ch126193_guest.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 629
  • ch126192_guest.jpg
    ch126192_guest.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 760
  • ch126191_guest.jpg
    ch126191_guest.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 361
Thanks for the pics people ^__^ i don't really like what Mary wore though at the opening of the international week of the upbringing in Copenhagen...i don't really like the pattern on the material...

pdas1201 said:
omg they're gorgeous...WHoa they're really tall for wedding heels! i admire her for wearing them if i were in her position then i would have been tumbling down the aisle because i can't walk in heels!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
November 15, 2004 - Scanpix Picture Series of Mary at International Week of the Upbringing from www.tv2.dk

Attachments

• Scanpix Mary08.jpg
    Scanpix Mary08.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 490
  • Scanpix Mary07.jpg
    Scanpix Mary07.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 510
  • Scanpix Mary06.jpg
    Scanpix Mary06.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 881
  • Scanpix Mary05.jpg
    Scanpix Mary05.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 412
  • Scanpix Mary04.jpg
    Scanpix Mary04.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 437
  • Scanpix Mary03.jpg
    Scanpix Mary03.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 381
  • Scanpix Mary02.jpg
    Scanpix Mary02.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 1,215
  • Scanpix Mary01.jpg
    Scanpix Mary01.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 455
pdas1201 said:
Found some pics of Mary's gown and other wedding related stuff from the exhibition at Amalienborg Palace.
People were allowed to touch a piece of the cloth used for the wedding dress and get a feel for it.
What is the 5 pic?

micas said:
What is the 5 pic?
Do you mean the pic where people were allowed to touch the material of Mary's gown??
I have it attached below and hope that answers your question...:)

Attachments

• 6wa01kzq_guest.jpg
    6wa01kzq_guest.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 306
  • 6vw01kg1_guest.jpg
    6vw01kg1_guest.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 288
Mandy said:
November 15, 2004 - Scanpix Picture Series of Mary at International Week of the Upbringing from www.tv2.dk
Great photos, Mandy. Mary's hair looks very soft and pretty in these photos; also darker...perhaps she's decided to go back to her natural dark shade.

I didn't realize she has a long face. Kind of like the female version of John Kerry.

micas said:
Oh!!! Sorry, I misunderstood you. :)

Pic #5 is the handkerchief that Mary carried, the handkerchief was made of lace. The pattern is a well known Tonder pattern (Tonder is a small town in southwest Jutland where the finest lace is made) called the "The great heart of Denmark."
Astrid Hansen, the maker, began her work on the day the engagement was announced. She worked 6 hours a day as the plan was to complete the work by Easter.

The other item, I believe is her bridal purse made of the same material (white duchess satin) as her dress.

Last edited:
Julia said:
Great photos, Mandy. Mary's hair looks very soft and pretty in these photos; also darker...perhaps she's decided to go back to her natural dark shade.
Thanks Julia. I thought that Mary looked very feminine in the pictures.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay! The Mary-haters from Royal Blue forum have found their way to TRF... :D

I really can't understand how you can find a problem in how somebody puts her feet while standing! Could it be that to some people Mary can't do anything good and right? She can't speak danish, therefore she is stupid. (But if she had been able to speak danish perfectly she would have been considered a golddigger for trying to hard) She wears designer outfits, therefore she is a fashion model and not a royal. (But if she had worn cheaper clothes she would have been known as the H&M princess like MM) She met her man at a pub, therefore she is a golddigger. (But if she had met him at a serious event she would probably had been known as a golddigger anyway). And the silliest thing so far is that she is almost a farmer just because she is from Tasmania and therefore she can't behave.

I mean, the pictures these people spread of Mary is not consequent. First, she is this very shrude golddigger who had planned to be a princess and was willing to do whatever to reach her goal. Very clever. Then all of a sudden, she becomes this hillbilly from Tasmania who is almost an illiterate and unable to learn danish.

Well, I think it's silly. F & M have been together for 3 years (or more?) and if she was a golddigger I think that he would have noticed. I think all the royals are very good at spotting people who are only in it for the fame. And if she is stupid. Well, I don't think that F is the sharpest knife in the box so to speak, so maybe they are perfect for eachother. And really, you don't have to be smart to be a royal. Take a look at our Swedish king for example. He is a good king, but his IQ is low.

Just my 2 cents, that became a bit more than 2 cents... :D

I fullheartedly agree and anyway, it is not up to us to judge any of these behind-the-scene-stories...

mary is doing a superb job and takes certain actions to make herself comfortable, this includes being rather fashion conscious and keeping stricktly to certain experssions etc.

only one thing, i have to admit, suprises me: the posing. no other crown princess is as ardent to pose properly, its a little silly, but i guess it will be gone in max 2 years time.
:)

oh my gosh..those pictures...Im a real fan of mary, but still: that is really emberrasing!!! I woould have died if I knew there were pictures like that of me on the web!!
God: Can the mary- haters please SHUT UP???? If you hate her so much: why spend time in a mary-forum???? everybody, have their rights say their opininon; someone hates her, someone loves her, and that will be her life till she dies!! end of discussion!!
Dont you see what kind of life she has agreed to??? yes, she will have fancy clothes, expensive travels, she will meet famous people, and have a lot of money!! but there is 1000 other things that she has to do. She has to deal with the facts that everybody has an opinion on you, the critism from people, the expentations.. there is a hidden pressure that always will be over her...no matter what she does/say/wear that will never be good enough for someone...think of all the rumors, , the attention she has on her pregnancy, eating disorders...Everybody have an opinion about her looks!!
I dont know about you: but I wouldnt had her life!! (eben though frederik us haaaandsome....)

Ava Elizabeth said:
oh my gosh..those pictures...Im a real fan of mary, but still: that is really emberrasing!!! I woould have died if I knew there were pictures like that of me on the web!!
God: Can the mary- haters please SHUT UP???? If you hate her so much: why spend time in a mary-forum???? everybody, have their rights say their opininon; someone hates her, someone loves her, and that will be her life till she dies!! end of discussion!!
Dont you see what kind of life she has agreed to??? yes, she will have fancy clothes, expensive travels, she will meet famous people, and have a lot of money!! but there is 1000 other things that she has to do. She has to deal with the facts that everybody has an opinion on you, the critism from people, the expentations.. there is a hidden pressure that always will be over her...no matter what she does/say/wear that will never be good enough for someone...think of all the rumors, , the attention she has on her pregnancy, eating disorders...Everybody have an opinion about her looks!!
I dont know about you: but I wouldnt had her life!! (eben though frederik us haaaandsome....)
You go, AvaElizabeth....:) I absolutely agree with you, infact I was thinking the very same things on my drive to school..

Ava Elizabeth said:
...no matter what she does/say/wear that will never be good enough for someone...
I don't envy her either, It's a tough job - but she's doing great so far AND: she seems to be the best thing that ever happened to CP Frederik!

Cissan said:
Yay! The Mary-haters from Royal Blue forum have found their way to TRF... :D

she can't behave.

I mean, the pictures these people spread of Mary is not consequent. First, she is this very shrude golddigger who had planned to be a princess and was willing to do whatever to reach her goal. Very clever. Then all of a sudden, she becomes this hillbilly from Tasmania who is almost an illiterate and unable to learn danish.

<snip>

Just my 2 cents, that became a bit more than 2 cents... :D

:) And watching the trials by fire that these new princesses are put through by the press and the people... I think if she were a golddigger, she would have easier-to-live-with targets in wealthy businessmen. She's not just marrying a man, or money, she's marrying a duty and committment for life. I find it hard to believe that golddigging is the only thing that spurs someone to sign their lives away like that. Love? Yep, that might be worth the dual lifetime committment, but money and power can be lost (look at the Greek "royals".)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom