The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 02:01 PM
Courtier

Mary and Frederik dated two or three years before they got married. She moved to Denmark to get to know the country and Frederik better. They've already has lots of time to be together without others. I'm not surprised that she is having a baby at this time. Frederik and Mary seem to love children so it would seem logical for them to have them soon.

Letizia and Felipe dated a short time and then got engaged all in a few months. They are still having time to themselves that they didn't get before because their acquaintance wasn't long. They also strike me as wanting to wait to have children. I think they like children OK, but aren't necessarily overly fond of them. They will probably have more fun with their children when they are teenagers then when they are children.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:28 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
You are so rong when you say that CP Letizia is much prettier than CP Mary.
Have you seen how skinny Letizia is compare to CP Mary.
I donīt think that it is very healthy for a girl like CP Letizia to be so skinny, you can se alot of her rib in her body and i donīt like to se that. It looks to me that se migth be having a eating disorder and as we all know thos things are very dangerously you migth die of it.:( :( :( :(

Well, that's your opinion, for me Princess Letizia is very, very pretty.

Thanks Alexandria.

Old 05-05-2005, 02:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
Everybody is entitled to their opinons here. No opinon is "wrong" so long as the person believes in their opinons. Physical appearances are subjective, and while one member may think Letizia is prettier than Mary, others will not. There is no need to trample over the opinons of others just because you do not share those opinons.

Furthermore, the Spanish royal court has officially addressed the matter of Letizia's weight and have said that she is not anorexic. Any further discussions of Letizia being anorexic is pure speculation and gossip, and as such is not permitted as per our Forum Posting Rules & Guidelines: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=4920.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator
Well i am sorry Alexandria,but it just made me sad that a person said that CP Letizia was more prettier than CP Mary is...Becaus who can a person jugde another person when he or she has never seen her irl ?

Old 05-05-2005, 02:53 PM
aninhas

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.M. Margrethe
Well i am sorry Alexandria,but it just made me sad that a person said that CP Letizia was mor prettier than CP Mary is...Becaus who can a person jugde another person when he or she has never seen her irl ?

don't be agressive doll...

letizia is pregnant believe me i can see that in her eyes...
Old 05-05-2005, 03:29 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by aninhas
don't be agressive doll...
There is no need to tell anyone how to react in a given situation and you have no reason to call anyone "doll." That expression is very condescending.

Mandy
Old 05-06-2005, 06:10 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannelore
He's not related to the French royal family. He's an aristocrat: count Henri de Laborde de Monpezat.

When he married Margrethe he changed his French name (Henri) into Danish (Henrik), maybe that's why you assumed he was Danish.
Wow thanks for the explanation Hannelore! YEah i did think he was a native Danish because of the way he spelled his name :)
Old 05-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by samitude
Mary and Frederik dated two or three years before they got married. She moved to Denmark to get to know the country and Frederik better. They've already has lots of time to be together without others. I'm not surprised that she is having a baby at this time. Frederik and Mary seem to love children so it would seem logical for them to have them soon.

Letizia and Felipe dated a short time and then got engaged all in a few months. They are still having time to themselves that they didn't get before because their acquaintance wasn't long. They also strike me as wanting to wait to have children. I think they like children OK, but aren't necessarily overly fond of them. They will probably have more fun with their children when they are teenagers then when they are children.
Are you serious? Have you seen Felipe and Letizia near children? Have you seen their pictures from their trip to Brazil?

Be clear here that I'm not discussing Fred and Mary fondness for children, I see clearly that they're very fond of them. My point is, samitude, that I think you're opinion is a little far from the truth in regards of Felipe and Letizia.

Take a look around in their threads, especially the ones which portray them with their nieces and nephews, you'll see that they are as fond of children as Fred and Mary.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:07 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meredith
Are you serious? Have you seen Felipe and Letizia near children? Have you seen their pictures from their trip to Brazil?

Be clear here that I'm not discussing Fred and Mary fondness for children, I see clearly that they're very fond of them. My point is, samitude, that I think you're opinion is a little far from the truth in regards of Felipe and Letizia.

Take a look around in their threads, especially the ones which portray them with their nieces and nephews, you'll see that they are as fond of children as Fred and Mary.
I agree; I think that both couples are fond of children, and no couple less. How can one say that one couple likes children more and the other OK? That is like saying that one husband loves his wife more than the other.

Before Mary and Letizia, both Frederik and Felipe were wonderful and playful uncles. Frederik in numerous photoshoots as well as family gatherings was always playing with Nikolai who beamed in his uncle's company; just as both Cristina and Elena's children were fond of Felipe. During the Sydney Olympic games when Inaki was competing still, and Juanito was about a year old and Cristina was pregnant with Pablo, there were several pictures of Felipe playing with his nephew during the game. And just as Mary is very comfortable with the children of her sisters and brother, so is Letizia with her nieces. Back in the fall Felipe and Letizia both spent an afternoon with Cristina's sons at the park, as well as at Christmas time with Letizia's sisters a day at the circus (or something like that), and during the Easter holidays with not just their niece and nephews, but also with Rosario and Kyril of Bulgaria's three children.

I don't think it's fair to say that one couple likes or is better with young children better than the other or that the other will like their kids more when they are teenagers. It's another comparison between these two women as well as between these two couples that is unfair to both of them.
Old 05-10-2005, 08:41 PM
Courtier

I'm saying that this is how they strike me. They may like children very well. I don't know them at all. This is just my opinion by looking at photos and videos only; and I do realize that one certainly can't just go by a videos or photos of public appearances. Some people aren't baby/little children people. These people probably feel more comfortable with older children and teenagers. I personally like babies and children and would like 5 to 7 someday! :)

It's kind of like a woman who used to work at the library with my sister. She said she really didn't care for babies much, but she really enjoyed her girls more after they became teenagers. I certainly don't think this means she loved her husband less then someone who felt more comfortable with babies then teens.

Whew....does this make sense? I hope so.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:46 PM
Courtier

mary's old driver licence
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00_12_sb.jpg
Views:	582
Size:	28.1 KB
ID:	140751  
Old 05-11-2005, 05:37 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
mary's old driver licence
Wow...where did you get that? ^___^ hahaha....i remember those ancient laminated license i have all of my parents old ones like that hahaha
Old 05-11-2005, 08:09 AM
Courtier

It was part of an ebay auction of some things that supposedly belonged to Mary. They were being sold by a private investigator for a lot of money. The items however, have been removed from ebay and the proper authorities have been contacted (thanks to the Crown Princess Mary Message Board patrons!).

My guess is they were either stolen or in the trash and someone picked it out. It could also be a fake too.
Old 05-11-2005, 11:38 AM
Courtier

Talking Boy am I out of touch!!!

What a wonderful surprise to learn of the impending motherhood of both Mary and Letizia! They must have planned this together . Congratulations to both of the happy parents to be!!!!
Old 05-12-2005, 01:33 AM
Majesty

Location: East of the sun and west of the moon, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionista100
It was part of an ebay auction of some things that supposedly belonged to Mary. They were being sold by a private investigator for a lot of money. The items however, have been removed from ebay and the proper authorities have been contacted (thanks to the Crown Princess Mary Message Board patrons!).

My guess is they were either stolen or in the trash and someone picked it out. It could also be a fake too.
Bravo to them for contacting the proper authorities. Itīs the price of fame sometimes. Itīs just a game to some people. The fame game.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

May 12, 2005: Princess Mary awarded the Research Communications Prize to Bente Klarlund Pedersen.

The color of her jacket is marvelous, very refreshing. Just don't like the bow in the hair, somehow overpowering her look.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	804
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	141754   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	141755   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	1374
Size:	38.2 KB
ID:	141756   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	141757  

Name:	5.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	141758  
Old 05-12-2005, 02:03 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdas1201
The color of her jacket is marvelous, very refreshing. Just don't like the bow in the hair, somehow overpowering her look.
Seems like she's taken a page out of Mette-Marit's book on a liberal interprtation of hats?

Something about this outfit I just don't care for. I think the pieces are pretty on their own -- the jacket is a nice colour -- a really good colour on Mary, too. But with the skirt?
Old 05-12-2005, 02:10 PM
Aristocracy

This outfit is stunning on Mary. It's probably one of her best outfits to date. The colour is bright and refreshing, the skirt is feminine and pretty, the make up looks good. The bow on her hair makes it look interesting, it's a nice change from all the hats she's been wearing. It doesn't look that good when it's taken from the back, but it looks great from the side and from the front view.
Old 05-12-2005, 02:59 PM
Courtier

I normally love what Mary wears. The outfit looks good, but not great. I'm never a bit fan of those type of headpieces. No matter who wears them. They all look like dead birds stuck to someones head.

The jacket and skirt are not as fitted as we are used to seeing her in. Plus they have conflicting angles and line going every which way. But I do love the colors on her.

I think the headpiece would look good with a floor length cream wrap dress. Maybe for the opening of parliment or something.

The jacket I would have worn with a straight or a line skirt or pants. The skirt should be more of a fitted top. But since she is pregnant we might begin to see much looser clothes on her.

However, Mary still looks good.:)
Old 05-12-2005, 03:51 PM
Gentry

We're now seeing the start of Mary's pregnancy wardrobe! Knowing how much she recycles, we will be seeing this jacket again!!!! It's a beautiful colour and is very roomy...which means she can wear it when she's more advanced in her pregnancy! I don't think she will be wearing very many fitted clothes! I think she's choosing a wardrobe now for pregancy!:) :p
Old 05-12-2005, 03:52 PM
Heir Apparent

I completely agree with you!

I love the color scheme she's working they really suit her complexion quite nicely. The skirt is realy nice and like the diagnal lines it it. It just clashes with the jacket a bit too much. The jacket is great, I love the rich color and those big buttons and the lines in it. It a bit too loose on her though and it can be worn for a few more weeks into her pregnancy. May be we'll see it later..

As for the wanna-be-hat, I am usually not a fan of them, but I don't mind it so much as it looks more like a hair clip and it isn't as overbearing since it's placed like a hair clip and not perched on the side of her head.

Over all, she looks good with the colors, but I am not too fond of the way the outfit is combined.

*Good on her for making a speech!

Closed Thread

Tags
crown princess mary, mary, mary donaldson, patronages, princess mary patron of the danish cancer foundation, the danish cancer foundation