Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: November 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cissan said:
Yay! The Mary-haters from Royal Blue forum have found their way to TRF... :D

She can't speak danish, therefore she is stupid. (But if she had been able to speak danish perfectly she would have been considered a golddigger for trying to hard) She wears designer outfits, therefore she is a fashion model and not a royal. (But if she had worn cheaper clothes she would have been known as the H&M princess like MM) She met her man at a pub, therefore she is a golddigger. (But if she had met him at a serious event she would probably had been known as a golddigger anyway). And the silliest thing so far is that she is almost a farmer just because she is from Tasmania and therefore she can't behave.
Thanks for your 2 cents :D caz thats all it was worth.... all royals wear designer outfits... they have pressure to look that way... Tasmania isnt a bad place... she isnt almost a farmer... she lived a normal australia life... just because u meet someone in a pub doesnt make someone a gold digger... obviously you are a gold digger whos jealous to speculate so much :D

TASMINIANS ARENT HILLBILLY'S GO AWAY!!!!!

Princess Mary and Prince Fredrick are coming to Australia for an official and personal visit in March 2004. They will go to Sydney, Canberra and Hobart:
Princess Mary is coming home
By Miranda Korzy
November 18, 2004

CROWN Princess Mary of Denmark and her husband Crown Prince Frederik will make their first official visit to Australia next March to celebrate the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen.

0,3600,397093,00.jpg
Back where it all began ... the crown prince and princess can expect a warm welcome in March.
The princess, 32, was born in Tasmania and graduated in law and commerce before working in advertising and real estate in Sydney, where she met Prince Frederik in a pub during the 2000 Olympic Games.

Danish Consul-General in Sydney Jorgen Mollegaard Kristensen today confirmed the royal couple would arrive in Australia in early March.

"Yes, they are coming," Mr Mollegaard Kristensen said.

"It's a combination of a private and official visit."

Their program was still being finalised but they were expected to visit Sydney and Canberra for official functions, with Hobart on their personal itinerary.

He said the royal couple would appoint four Australians to be Hans Christian Andersen ambassadors at a Sydney Opera House ceremony during the visit.

"There will be a lot of activities to promote the Danish author and his books," he said.

Australian Olympic champion runner Cathy Freeman had already been appointed an ambassador for the author when she visited Denmark earlier this year, he said.

Hans Christian Anderson was born on April 2, 1805, in the town of Odense.

He wrote 168 fairy tales, along with novels, poetry and plays before this death in 1875.

Among his best known works are The Emperor's New Clothes, The Little Mermaid and The Ugly Duckling.

Mr Mollegaard Kristensen said a statue of Hans Christian Andersen would be erected in Wynyard Park, in Sydney's centre, to mark the birthday celebrations.

The royal couple would also be guests of honour at the Victor Chang Royal Ball in Sydney on March 4.

The ball was a fundraiser for the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute (VCCRI) and would celebrate the 10th anniversary of its incorporation as an independent research facility, VCCRI chairman and former NSW Premier Neville Wran said. "Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, whose mother passed away in 1997 following a heart operation, is no stranger to the impact of heart disease, a disease that kills five times as many women as breast cancer," the VCCRI said.

AAP

Whatever are the negative comments that other people say to CP Mary, all I can say that she deserves a congratulations because whatever things have she accomplished, she did her best on all of it.

And when it comes to her task as CP of Denmark, she is really a good representative of the country and besides she does all of her tasks with sincerity and determination.

bad_barbarella said:
Thanks for your 2 cents :D caz thats all it was worth.... all royals wear designer outfits... they have pressure to look that way... Tasmania isnt a bad place... she isnt almost a farmer... she lived a normal australia life... just because u meet someone in a pub doesnt make someone a gold digger... obviously you are a gold digger whos jealous to speculate so much :D

TASMINIANS ARENT HILLBILLY'S GO AWAY!!!!!
I think you misunderstood me. I don't think all those things about Mary. I think she's doing a great job. What I meant was that some people will hate her no matter what she does.

oh ok hehe im so sorry i just get upset when anyone puts anyone down..... hehehe :) thats good to hear....

Ava Elizabeth said:
oh my gosh..those pictures...Im a real fan of mary, but still: that is really emberrasing!!! I woould have died if I knew there were pictures like that of me on the web!!
God: Can the mary- haters please SHUT UP???? If you hate her so much: why spend time in a mary-forum???? everybody, have their rights say their opininon; someone hates her, someone loves her, and that will be her life till she dies!! end of discussion!!
Aren't you a little bit contradictory? See the thing is if you don't like somebody, you are liable to say something negative, and vise versa. So everyone should have a say in it, why is this board any different unless the mission of this board is to trash some or to praise high heaven to some. I'm amazed people take such things so seriously that they are likely to get high blood pressure by arguing.

Ava Elizabeth... are you Mary's mother???...
Nobody hate Mary... where did you read that?
"Can the mary- haters please SHUT UP????" This quote from you demonstrate that you are the one who don't respect the others.
This forum (my favorit one!!! :) ) exists for we give our opinion about royal people, we don't have to like every royals the same way . Nobody hear in offending Mary, or her parents, or her family, and nobody hear is offending you, so please don't ask us to shut up because we won't do that.

Thank you and regards. :)

Ok: I admit that I got a little bit angry about that! I didnt mean to offend anyone, Im just tired of people calling mary a golddigger, and always focusing on what she does wrong!!
I will try to controll my temper, after this! =)

Today the couple received a delegation from the Danish Chamber of Commerce who presented the couple with their wedding gift. No pictures as yet.

josefine: what dioes her calandert look llike any duties on her own??
So far she will do 3 official engagements on her own in december. They will be two on December 6th and one on December 11th. Im sure there will be more.
Take a look at the Crownprince- couples official website:

http://www.hkhkronprinsen.dk/
Cheers Ava.

royal_sophietje said:
Any news about the couple??
November 29, 2004: The couple along with the Queen and Prince Joachim will attend a concert at the Falkoner Center.

There have been so many events this week - and it doesn't help when they do two or more events in one day.

On 25th Nov, the CPss visited/ opened (?) a nursing home, then went with Frederik to Seest to view the devastation there (fireworks disaster). They also atended the Globalization lecture - I think Mary's father was part of it, and I think Mary's one of the ambassadors or something of this gloabilzation campaign too.

MaryGlobalisation.jpg

nnnnn.jpg

(Oooo, the only female in this group! yeah, you GO GIRL!!! )

Thanks to Jema from the CPMaryMB for these screen caps!!

Glob2.jpg

Mary and Frederik attending the Globalisation Lecture. I sooo want a suit like hers!!

Apparently also, the concert the royal family attended last night was aslo part of the globalisation thing.

Lots more info and pics at the other board dedicated to Mary, but just wanted to post it here just to let everyone know as well :)

Last edited:
Thursday 25.november at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess opens a new nursing home (I think) in Kolding. (another solo event for the Crown Princess)

COLOUR10076273.jpg
COLOUR10076272.jpg
COLOUR10076274.jpg

Thanks to Larzen for the colourpress pics!

Picture

Thanks to mayflower and TV2 for the pics...

Heaps more pics at colourpress and polfoto....

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasl said:
Thursday 25.november at 2pm HRH The Crown Princess opens a new nursing home (I think) in Kolding. (another solo event for the Crown Princess)

Thanks to Larzen for the colourpress pics!

Thanks to mayflower and TV2 for the pics...

Heaps more pics at colourpress and polfoto....
Check the thread "Frederik and Mary News and Photos 9" for more pics...
Here is the link..

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4029&page=1&pp=20

Last edited:
Some more pics from the concert at Falkoner Center, attendees, Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Queen Margrethe and Prince Joachim

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 1,929
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,876
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 557
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 264
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 736
Last edited:
pdas1201 said:
Check the thread "Frederik and Mary News and Photos 9" for more pics...
Here is the link..

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4029&page=1&pp=20
Thanks for that - I put them here as well because the opening of the nursing home was a solo event for the CPss but it wasn't really covered in this thread(maybe I should delete the pic of Fred & Mary attending the Globalization lecture coz that wasn't a solo event? *confused*)

Jasl said:
Thanks for that - I put them here as well because the opening of the nursing home was a solo event for the CPss but it wasn't really covered in this thread(maybe I should delete the pic of Fred & Mary attending the Globalization lecture coz that wasn't a solo event? *confused*)
Don't worry too much about repeating your posts, especially with pics, Jasl. I know it is confusing, as to where should one really post the pics. I wouldn't really stress it though. Remember, everyone appreciates you posts and pics and wouldn't mind looking at the pics a few more times (at least I can say for myself):)

I loved the skirt and lacy blouse she wore to the Falkoner concert. But what's with the sweater? It detracts from the pretty top and skirt. Nice shoes too.

Article from www.hellomagazine.com

30 NOVEMBER 2004

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark was looking radiant as she attended a concert by the world renowned Vienna Philharmonic Orchestra in Copenhagen on Monday. Arriving on the arm of her handsome husband, Crown Prince Frederik, the 32-year-old royal was elegant in a flowing black skirt, and bore a posy of colourful blooms.

While Mary has clearly settled down in her new homeland, where she is immensely popular, she must be looking forward to spending time back in her native Australia again. The couple are scheduled to make their first official visit Down Under in March.

The trip is to be a combination of private and official appointments. It will kick off with a time spent with Mary's family in Tasmania, before focusing on the celebration of the 200th birthday of Danish storyteller Hans Christian Andersen.

The Oz agenda will include the appointment of four Australian Hans Christian Andersen ambassadors. Mary and Frederik will also be guests of honour at a fundraising event in aid of research into heart disease. "Her Royal Highness, Crown Princess Mary of Denmark, whose mother passed away in 1997 following a heart operation, is no stranger to the impact of heart disease," said a spokesperson for the charity organising the event.

Caption to attached image: The 32-year-old royal accompanied her husband crown Prince Frederik for an evening of classical music. Photo: © AFP

Attachments

• maryfrederik-dop1a.jpg
    maryfrederik-dop1a.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 429
Goodness, look at her little forearm! She's so tiny! How tall is she? She can't weigh more than a buck-o-five, as we say in the Midwest US. ;-)

From COLOURPRESS

Crown Princess Mary is the victim of misuse of her name and her title, as the danish magazine 'Costume' has placed an image of the Crown Princess in an ad for the danish fur-boutique Brdr. Alex Petersen. The internet-ads have been deleted but the magazine with the ad is still available on the market. The Danish Royal Court's spokeswoman Lisbeth M. Frederiksen said: 'We would definitely have said No, if we had been asked for permission to use an image of the Crown Princess in an ad!... We hope that this case will make other companies restrain from similar misuse in the future.'

Attachments

• COLOUR10077961.jpg
    COLOUR10077961.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 852
  • COLOUR10077962.jpg
    COLOUR10077962.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 799
  • COLOUR10077964.jpg
    COLOUR10077964.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 790
  • COLOUR10077968.jpg
    COLOUR10077968.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 811
  • COLOUR10077969.jpg
    COLOUR10077969.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 779
=( Here comes another dilemma.

Well, CP Mary has to know that it is the price of fame. I hope something quick would be done about it. That is so absurd that people has to use other person's image just to sell a product without the owner's permission.

Does the Danish royal family have a history of suing the media for misrepresenting its members? Because clearly they (specifically Mary) would have a good case. Her image on the trip to Greenland was clearly misused and exploited with a capital 'E' in order to further enhance the profits of a private company. Mary doesn't benefit from this in any way.

And I would not say that this is part of the price of fame. A long-lens camera taking pics of Mary and Frederik while on vacation is sadly a price of fame; that is par for the course for famous people (even if it is not right). But Mary's image being used as if to say that she endorsed this company is false advertising and a misrepresentation of Mary. Even if she bought the item worn in the image from the company it does not give them the right to use that image without her permission.

Princess Mary heading home
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]
December 5, 2004
[/font]
[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif]
SHE married into one of Europe's wealthiest royal families and has toured the world on the arm of her prince - but returning to Australia for the first time has Princess Mary of Denmark nervous.

The royal couple's official visit to Sydney next March will publicly mark the transformation of Mary Donaldson, former real estate agent to Mary, the Crown Princess of Denmark.

"She is very, very excited about coming back, but quite nervous about it as well," Mary's best friend and bridesmaid Amber Petty told The Sunday Telegraph.

"The last time she was here she was just Mary Donaldson, and now ... she's definitely looking forward to it but it's quite nerve-wracking for her."

It is understood the royal couple will fly into Sydney separately, with Mary's family joining her on arrival.

During their six day visit to Sydney there will be opportunity for the public to see the Prince and Princess but according to HRH itinerary co-ordinator, Danish consulate general Jorgen Mollegaard-Kristensen, a royal parade is yet to bescheduled.

He said while security is an issue, it would not be "excessive".

Mary and Frederik's official tour will begin with the Australian Red Cross 90th anniversary gala ball on March 2.

Confirmed guests at the function, to be held at the Westin Hotel under the theme "One Enchanted Evening", are former Australian Prime Ministers Gough Whitlam and Malcolm Fraser and NSW Premier Bob Carr.

"It will be great to have the Prince and Princess back in Sydney, and they will always be welcome to the Olympic City, the place where they met and fell in love," Mr Carr said. The evening will have a strong significance for Prince Frederik, whose family has been closely involved with the Danish Red Cross for more than 50 years.

"The Crown Prince is a patron of the Red Cross in Denmark, and he is looking forward to continuing the work his father started many years ago," Mr Mollegaard-Kristensen said.

The likes of Alex Lloyd and Bernard Fanning - the lead singer of Mary's favourite band Powderfinger - will entertain the 600 guests at the ball. The royal visit will have a heavy charity focus, with the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute and the Mental Health Foundation also hosting events.

[/font]

Attachments

• 257728_large.jpg
    257728_large.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 1,550
pdas1201 said:
Princess Mary heading home[font=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,Sans-Serif] ... for the first time has [her] nervous. [/font]
I almost misread this to understand that its over. Phew !

hrhcp said:
I almost misread this to understand that its over. Phew !
Hrhcp, they only just got married!! Even if it gets over, God forbid. I am sure it wouldn't be in a year or less.

After all, they got married in a lavish ceremony with hundreds of people as witnesses. They should at least stay married for another ten years at a minimum.

Isnt it early to be over? I read a few months ago that they were planning a trip to Australia and it was prosponded till 2005. Even if she does go back alone(that she wont), she might be going on a private visit.

I feel so sorry for marry... u think about how she feels... i wouldnt want everyone to know everything... even if i met a special guy i wouldnt want everyone to know where on when i met him... i would want to run away... she has held it together and been strong... i just dont know how she copes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom