Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: April - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"With all due respect to all opinions and all posters--isn't this chin thing getting a bit silly" - Lucys, I agree

I see another poster started a poll about her Chin :shock:

I find myself saying "hear hear" a lot :lol: :lol: ... but if a chin poll needs to be created, it really ought to be in the "Survey Says" board. ;)

Originally posted by kate14@Jul 23rd, 2004 - 9:26 am
"With all due respect to all opinions and all posters--isn't this chin thing getting a bit silly" - Lucys, I agree

I see another poster started a poll about her Chin :shock:
That is the most ridiculous poll -- and there are a lot of ridiculous polls around here. But now we are going to judge how high Mary holds her chin??? :wacko:

I am definitely not Mary's biggest fan, nor am I her biggest hater, but isn't a poll about how high Mary holds her chin nit picking at the woman a bit too much and going excessively overboard?

Next we should start a poll on how high in the air Queen Elizabeth II holds her pinkie finger when drinking her tea.

I just looked at the Null Votes and I'm disappointed that some people have actually voted. :angry: And here I was going to suggest a boycott for the sheer ridiculousness of the poll. :doh:

I have to agree with Genevieve. Although I believe that people should discuss whatever they like, no matter how ridiculous, this particular poll is really just silly, IMO. I just don't see where it was necessary to go as far to create a poll about this subject. Wasn't the discussion (which has clearly gone off course) enough?

I mean really... A poll to vote on whether or not Mary holds her chin to high? This is just too ridiculous. :blink:

Cover Title: MARY’S HEARTBREAK - Jealous rival creates royal rift

IMO it is because of the ridiculous ongoing comparisons between Mary and Alexandra that is the reason for this negative article which appeared in the current Australian Women's Weekly.

In this article, the constant comparison and denigration of Mary has been reported on. Howver instead of mindlessly accepting the Mary criticisms, the posts have been used to paint Alexandra as a jealous rival!

People have begged and begged for this constant comparisons to end, but others feel justified in making them. Well now this is the consequence.... the public forums are a public domain and the magazine can "report" on what happens in those forums. So they have, but instead of merely reporting, those negative posts have been used to cast a slur on Alexandra instead - painting her as a jealous rival!

Article Title: Mary's jealous rival
By: Jacqui Lang
Australian Women's Day 2 Aug 2004

The Aussie princess has won Denmark's heart, but can she heal a growing rift with her beautiful sister-in-law?"

Crown Princess Mary and her beautiful new sister-in-law, Princess Alexandra, have been unwittingly thrust into a bizarre popularity contest by their Danish subjects. And alarmingly for palace spin-doctors, some Danes are openly questioning the level of friendship between the two princesses.

Hong Kong-born Princess Alexandra, 40, was Denmark's darling for almost a decade, ever since she became the wife of Crown Prince Frederik's younger brother, Prince Joachim, in 1995. According to a Danish royal commentator: "Until now, she's enjoyed the status of being Denmark's favourite royal - apart from, perhaps, the Queen. But now it is Mary who is getting the attention, the cheers, the compliments. What a rival!"

The two princesses have avoided making a comment about each other in public. During her recent interviews Princess Alexandra gave for her 40th birthday, Danish reporters were careful not to ask any questions about her new sister in law, Mary. Many royal watchers speculate that's because the subject is sensitive for Alexandra, now she has been forced to take second place.

[Insert here anti-Mary posts from The Princess Alexandra MB]..... Despite this show of online support, Alexandra has lost much of the attentions she used to receive. "Mary's entrance to the scene must be something of an anticlimax for Alexandra.....

http://womansday.ninemsn.com.au/inthemag/default.aspx

[/b]
I don't know if people will stop with all these excessive comparisons. I wish the article was never written. I also hope that this constant comparisons and Mary attacks would end. I believe it is the constant comparisons that have made this happen. Unfortunately, I think some people still think they're making good arguments by doing it.

Can you stop already??? If you don't care about how you sound making those comments, then think about how your comments reflect on Alexandra!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The article is simply pathetic...and based off absolutely nothing. It is a few gossipy magazines that are trying to grab readers by creating a imaginary rift between..

It's funny that these are all Aussie magazines...I don't think a Danish magazine would ever dare to connoct such a story.

Yes I agree! But the ammunition used in this petty article were the endless comparisons made between Mary and Alexandra. The Danish media aren't saying anything like this! The whole article is based on the online commentaries, which makes you think that if those mindless online commentaries weren't made in the first place, the journalist wouldn't even get the idea of writing this petty article.

Originally posted by Jasl@Jul 26th, 2004 - 10:28 pm
Yes I agree! But the ammunition used in this petty article were the endless comparisons made between Mary and Alexandra. The Danish media aren't saying anything like this! The whole article is based on the online commentaries, which makes you think that if those mindless online commentaries weren't made in the first place, the journalist wouldn't even get the idea of writing this petty article.
Jasl, is it a guess, that the article is based on online-remarks, or does is say so. I'm afraid, I'm not able to read it from your scans - will it be possible for you to make the text-parts bigger?

And yes, as I already said in the news-thread, this is crap! But it is surely cheaper for a magazine to make up stories like that than for instance to send a journalist to the ongoing cruise in Denmark....

Aussie magazines don't know much about royalty other than perhaps, the British royals. Other European royalty are just so new to them. Now, they've got an Aussie princess and they're trying to make her into their new Princess Diana, or perhaps, Australia's Princess Diana. They simply don't know anything about Alexandra and how good she has been on the royal duties. All they know is standing on Mary's side. This is so unfair. Alexandra is unbeatable.

I wouldn't worry about it no one, takes this magazine seriously anyway its basically tabloid trash

Originally posted by Poppy@Jul 27th, 2004 - 10:22 am
Aussie magazines don't know much about royalty other than perhaps, the British royals. Other European royalty are just so new to them. Now, they've got an Aussie princess and they're trying to make her into their new Princess Diana, or perhaps, Australia's Princess Diana. They simply don't know anything about Alexandra and how good she has been on the royal duties. All they know is standing on Mary's side. This is so unfair. Alexandra is unbeatable.
It's not a question of anyone beating anyone else. And if we play into the hands of the tabloids by taking one side against another, well then we're not as wise as our parents raised us to be.

Mary & Alex are both lovely & hard working women. They are different people from different backgrounds & should be judged on their performance & not be compared to eachother.

I hear all these roumors about them not liking eachother & people make references to how no one sees them hanging out or talking to one another but that seems silly to me. They live far apart & are always very busy with duties. Besides they may just not have much in common but that doesn't mean they dislike eachother.

A good example is Mette-marit & Martha Louise. No one has seen them chatting it up or hanging out yet there are no roumors about them not liking eachother, why? probably because Martha Louise is a "born" Princess & therefore people don't expect a rivalry. But whenever Mary & Alex are brought up, people think there automatically has to be some kind of competition between the commoners turned royals. Not only do i think that's sad & destructive to the royals but it also reflects badly on us "the public" for acting in such a (dare i say it?) LOW CLASS manner. You see class is not about titles or money it's about how one behaves!

I think we're all pretty classy people here, we should take caution in the things we say.

Originally posted by saxon@Jul 27th, 2004 - 6:08 pm
I wouldn't worry about it no one, takes this magazine seriously anyway its basically tabloid trash
EXACTLY.

this magazine is just rubbish.

it's still so annoying to read/see rubbish being peddaled for a buck though isn't it? :angry:

I've read the article and I have to say that I am alarmed that a journalist (even one working for such a gossip/lifestyle type mag) would rely on online chatter as a staring point to publish something like this. It's not even "sources close to" or a "royal source" or "royal spokesperson" speaking in Denmark, it's individuals online like you and me from who knows what country, who are the basis for a story. This is big actually, because if magazines are beginning to get their so-called scoops from the internet where everything is uncensored and truth is scarce then we are heading for disaster. If they want stories on Mary they should have a reporter in Denmark actually following her and see what the situation there is like. This is totally unprofessional and the first time that I have seen a journalist using comments and opinions that are totally subjective and unproven to publish a story.

Originally posted by barbara_41172@Jul 28th, 2004 - 12:27 am
I've read the article and I have to say that I am alarmed that a journalist (even one working for such a gossip/lifestyle type mag) would rely on online chatter as a staring point to publish something like this. It's not even "sources close to" or a "royal source" or "royal spokesperson" speaking in Denmark, it's individuals online like you and me from who knows what country, who are the basis for a story. This is big actually, because if magazines are beginning to get their so-called scoops from the internet where everything is uncensored and truth is scarce then we are heading for disaster. If they want stories on Mary they should have a reporter in Denmark actually following her and see what the situation there is like. This is totally unprofessional and the first time that I have seen a journalist using comments and opinions that are totally subjective and unproven to publish a story.
Welcome to my world. "Journalists" have been doing this kind of thing for a long time & not just in relation to roylas & celeberties. Sometimes they can cause major problems for people involved. It is the reason people hire pulicists & advisors. It's mainly to protect themselves not always to promote.

It's a sad world I tell you.

Mary looks great! The summer holiday has done her good. She looks very beautiful and relaxed

T4p the pics karolina :flower:

her outfit today was nice. i used to like mary's style before the wedding but she have been dressing these days a bit 'oldie', like a person of more age...

Originally posted by carlota@Aug 5th, 2004 - 3:07 pm
her outfit today was nice. i used to like mary's style before the wedding but she have been dressing these days a bit 'oldie', like a person of more age...
I think she looks fantastic!!!

Mary look wonderful :flower: :flower: :flower:

Thanks for the pics :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

She looks totally gorgeous in that last set of photos! I like the top she's wearing, too-a very flattering neckline and color for her. Beautiful. :flower: :heart:

http://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=166919

Prinsessans nya kläder
KÖPENHAMN. Kronprinsessan Mary har valt nästa års sommargarderob.
– Det kommer att bli mycket dansk design i garderoben framöver, avslöjade Mary när Kvällsposten följde med henne på den danska modemässan på Bella Center i Köpenhamn i går.

Mary har redan visat att hennes stil alltmer drar mot dansk design.
I går fick hon chansen att träffa flera tongivande designers.
När Bisons försäljningschef visade en uppsättning anpassad till Mary fick hon emellertid syn på något annat.
– Jag skulle hemskt gärna vilja ha din rosablommiga kavaj, sa hon till Charlotte Holm.

Trådsmal som modellerna
Vi kan nog räkna med att Mary dyker upp på någon rockkonsert med Frederik framöver i den här lite hippieinspirerade, trekvartslånga kavajen.
Mary som klippt håret sen bröllopet och numera ar lika trådsmal som modellerna på catwalken, har ett genuint modeintresse.
– Hon är den bästa ambassadör för danskt mode och design vi kan få för att nå ut i världen, säger Holm.
När Mary tittade in i montrarna hos en del utvalda företag påpekade hon hela tiden att hon gillade färgerna.
Hos Bitte Kai Rand valde hon omedelbart ut en kavaj till nästa sommar. Gråbeige men som i botten flöt ut i purpurrött.
– Klassisk men ändå med en knorr, sa Mary när Bitte Kai visade henne kavajen med kjol alternativt byxor.
– Hon är så rar och ödmjuk, vi har haft tur som fått en så modeintresserad kronprinsessa.

Inget för sängkammaren
Mary gör också ett besök hos vännen Henriette Zobel – högt på den danska skvallerpressens tio-i-topp-lista – som nu lanserar sitt eget märke Pureheart.
Vid catwalken får hon se ett mer hippt och trendigt mode. Extremt korta kjolar och hot pants. Mycket ben, guldfärgade stövlar, rosa träskostövlar med vida skaft och en turkos poncho som snarare såg ut som en negligé. Knappast vad man kan tänka sig i den kungliga sängkammaren framöver.
Nyfiket kollade Mary också den sedvanliga baddräkts- och underkläds-showen. Men någon beställning var nog knappast aktuellt. Det nog lite för mycket för en prinsessa när de lättklädda modellerna slingrade sig längs en stripstång.

picture

its so funny to see: mary is growing out her pony, tha same happened to maxima after she became CP. seems to be no-no

She looks amazing! I love the blouse! She looks, chic, elegant and interesting - she looks happy and relaxed. Good for her!

I love Mary's hair at this particular event...it almost looks as though she cut it into a layered style, while keeping some length to it...at any rate she looks radiant!

This is a totally stupid question/observation, but I am honestly curious. I noticed that Mary always crosses her legs (like in the IBL image from the fashion show). I thought Royal protocal was that ladies do not ever cross their legs, rather they sort of hold the knees together and maybe tilt them to the side. Is it different in Denmark?

It's not really that it's different in Denmark, but more Princesses are crossing their legs now. I guess that particular aspect of lady's etiquette is no longer being stressed in royal circles or the Princesses are starting a revolution. ;)

I have noticed several Princesses cross their legs over the past several years such as Madeleine of Sweden, Marie Chantal of Greece, Mary's sister-in-law, Alexandra, and Martha Louise of Norwary to name a few.

Thanks for the response Gigi. I hadn't noticed the others, but that doesn't really mean anything. That's pretty funny if crossing ones legs is now a revolution--maybe we haven't come that far after all...

Actually, I haven seen Mary do Both (cross her legs and hold the knees together tilted at the side) Like Gigi, I have noticed/witnessed Several Princesses sitting the same way.

i remember there was a picture of lady diana crossing her leg when she wasn't married yet. she was pictured with the queen and charles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom