Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: April - November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genevieve you say it so well

Hi
Yes you really do.
I also think the high life for Marie Chantal alway was a normal life, after all her dad is a extremely rich, nothing like the background Mary came from. I also think Mary do know how to work hard because I think she did that to get Fred, her classes to better herself very soon after meeting him, wonder if MM ran of to do clesses straight after meeting Haakon??? I find Mary fake and irritating right now, and I think she need to get over herself. She need to spit out this bit of sour lemmon (her mouth is always pouty closed in a strange way) roll her sleeves up an DO something.

Last edited:
Alexandra is much intelligent and intellectual. Mary is not. IQ wise, Alex is much smather than Mary. You can just sense that. But Mary perhaps fits the royal household better because she is much similar to the royals in a sense that she is rather dull, IMO. No offense, just observation.

julial said:
Alexandra is much intelligent and intellectual. Mary is not. IQ wise, Alex is much smather than Mary. You can just sense that. But Mary perhaps fits the royal household better because she is much similar to the royals in a sense that she is rather dull, IMO. No offense, just observation.
How do you know that Alex has a higher IQ than Mary? I know quite a few people with hig IQ's that act a bit dimwitted.

I partly agree with you both: in one way, its important to remember, that alexandra has been a princess for 9 years, mary has been a CP for 6 months.. In the beginning Alexandra, did the same thing as mary. She was not very often out and represented the royal family, but did it for the most together with her husband, and opened "less" important things, like museums. But at the same time, Im thinking with myself; shouldnt mary start to DO something? Like work for red Cross, or UNICEF or for woman with breast cancer, instead of beeing photographed in VOGUE?? If she had been a Cp for many years, and had found her "way": what she wanted to do, and worked hard for organizations, and did humanitar things, I personally would have loved to see her so pretty and stylish in VOGUE! but right now she seems more like a fashion princess to me..
But I dont agree with you about the rhings you write about mary loving the honor and media attention and prestige: I think she finds that quite hard to manage..
But I read mary is working really hard to settle uo her MARYS FOND for sex-misbused children in the world! She says she wants to take her time to find out what she wants to do in her new role..well, that is great, but I am getting unpatient to wait!
I just hope that she soon will REALLY start working, cause Im sue she will be great at it!!
And again: its not fair to compare mary and alexandra, ok?

Genevieve said:
This is such a tired mantra: Just give Mary time.

In the same period of time, we have seen Letizia of Spain, who married only a week after Mary, trek to Rome, Mexico, Guatemala, Jordan, Hungary, the U.S. not to mention the countless duties she does in Spain. Whether she does these duties accompanied by her husband or not, she has still done more than Mary during the same amount of time.
This is also a very tiring mantra....Perhaps those individuals who are saying to give Mary time are those who are familiar with the fact that different houses do things differently. Maxima started off with far less engagements that Mary has done, Princess Alexandra also started off doing similiar engagements that Mary is more or less doing. Perhaps people are saying give her time because that is all that is needed. She has been a princess for only 6months quite different than 3years or 9.

Ava Elizabeth said:
I partly agree with you both: in one way, its important to remember, that alexandra has been a princess for 9 years, mary has been a CP for 6 months.. In the beginning Alexandra, did the same thing as mary. She was not very often out and represented the royal family, but did it for the most together with her husband, and opened "less" important things, like museums. But at the same time, Im thinking with myself; shouldnt mary start to DO something? Like work for red Cross, or UNICEF or for woman with breast cancer, instead of beeing photographed in VOGUE?? If she had been a Cp for many years, and had found her "way": what she wanted to do, and worked hard for organizations, and did humanitar things, I personally would have loved to see her so pretty and stylish in VOGUE! but right now she seems more like a fashion princess to me..
But I dont agree with you about the rhings you write about mary loving the honor and media attention and prestige: I think she finds that quite hard to manage..
But I read mary is working really hard to settle uo her MARYS FOND for sex-misbused children in the world! She says she wants to take her time to find out what she wants to do in her new role..well, that is great, but I am getting unpatient to wait!
I just hope that she soon will REALLY start working, cause Im sue she will be great at it!!
And again: its not fair to compare mary and alexandra, ok?
An issue that needs consideration is the fact that many of the charities that Mary might want to take up are already taken by other members of the RF. For example UNICEF is already taken by Princess Alexandra and both Prnce Joachim, and Crown Prince Frederik also work with similar charities.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alisa said:
An issue that needs consideration is the fact that many of the charities that Mary might want to take up are already taken by other members of the RF. For example UNICEF is already taken by Princess Alexandra and both Prnce Joachim, and Crown Prince Frederik also work with similar charities.
But there are countless charities that would be more than happy to have a royal patron, so why would Mary want to take over/over surp another member of the royal house's charities so she can take them on instead? Or why not have multiple royal patrons for some charities, for example, Alexandra and Mary could both work with UNICEF, whether it be the same aspect or different aspects of UNICEF.

I would think that the other members of the family couldn't have taken on all the charities that Queen Ingrid was a patron of, so why couldn't she take some of those on?

I just don't "buy" that all the charities in Denmark are taken up so Mary has no charity to work for or with. There's plenty she could do when it comes to charitable causes; it's not as if Mary wants to be the CEO of Microsoft and hence finds it difficult to get her foot in the door.

I didn't say that all the charities are taken up. You don't have to "buy" that because I didn't offer it to you.;) I specifically said that the charities that Mary might want to take up or might already be taken.

Of course there are plenty of charities out there that would love for Mary to be their patron. The court has already admitted that they have received a huge influx of offers and that Mary would be taking her time to go through them and make her decision.

Alisa said:
This is also a very tiring mantra....Perhaps those individuals who are saying to give Mary time are those who are familiar with the fact that different houses do things differently. Maxima started off with far less engagements that Mary has done, Princess Alexandra also started off doing similiar engagements that Mary is more or less doing. Perhaps people are saying give her time because that is all that is needed. She has been a princess for only 6months quite different than 3years or 9.
Alexandra aside, Letizia, Maxima and all other Crown Princesses aside, my point was that I am tired of hearing Mary talk about how hard working and devoted to Denmark she is and actually see some action from her. She says over and over again about how hard working she has always been and how hard working she will be in the future, but how about now? When can we expect to see this rigorous work ethic of Mary's? A year from now? Two years? Three years? Ten years?

So we are to believe Mary as hard working when she works barely one day a week and and the hardest she has ever worked was to spend nearly 2 weeks in Greenland -- after which she took some extended time for herself?

She talks about how much she loves Denmark and how proud she is to be representing Denmark now, but yet for this very public VOGUE photoshoot did she choose to wear a single Danish designer? Even if the VOGUE editors chose the outfits and brought the outfits to Denmark over, had Mary spoken up and said she'd like to wear at least one outfit by a Danish designer in one picture I don't think the VOGUE editors would've opposed this since they obviously tried to hard to get the interview in the first place I doubt they'd want to make her angry or upset by saying no to this request.

Ava Elizabeth said:
Alexandra and Mary are in different positions. Alexandra is/was married to the second in line to the throne, and was not the Crown Princess. The duties and obligations of Alexandra are no way on par with the duties and obligations of Mary. So even if Alexandra did less that Mary, you can't compare those things since they are different roles for each woman.

Mary, by virtue of her title and the obligations entailed with it should be doing more than Alexandra did at this stage of her marriage to Joachim.

And important or not, Mary should be doing something, anything. Whether one thinks opening museums or a new hospital wing is important or not, it is important to some people if not all, and while on a sliding scale of working for UNICEF or the Red Cross or whatever opening a museum may not be much, but it is something. Better to do something than nothing at all.

And it can't be a time issue for Mary; she finds the time (3 days I believe) to pose for VOGUE and conduct interviews, yet she can't spend 2 hours to search for charities she wants to be involved in and learn about them and get involved in their programs and initiatives?

I really think Mary talks a good game but has no actions to show for it.

Ava Elizabeth said:
Would someone who doesn't like the media attention inflicted upon her pose in a splashy photoshoot with designer clothes for such an internationally recognized magazine as VOGUE? Its only hard to manage because she wants to be photographed and to appear in so many magazines she hasn't got the time.

People who really despite the media attention brought on by their social status, choice of life or career don't voluntarily spend several days trying on designer clothes, getting made up and mugging for the camera. And it's not as if Mary is an entertainer and so needs to do such publicity to promote her films, shows or CDs.

Look at Victoria of Sweden's boyfriend Daniel Westling: He is someone who truly hates and loathes the media attention inflicted upon him. So much so that he enters his own gym via a seperate, more private entrance and when attending private parties with the CP, he enters the restaurant seperately rather than at Victoria's side.

If Mary truly hated the publicity she was getting, she would not be saying okay to a voluntary photo shoot and interview. Mary's actions and inactions speak louder than her words ever will.

Alisa said:
Of course there are plenty of charities out there that would love for Mary to be their patron. The court has already admitted that they have received a huge influx of offers and that Mary would be taking her time to go through them and make her decision.
So then what's the hold up with Mary becoming the patron of any or all of these charities? Obviously there is an interest in her so hop to it Mary.

Or is she mulling them all over, seeing which one she would be of most value to her ... in between fashion shoots. :rolleyes:

Genevieve said:
Alexandra aside, Letizia, Maxima and all other Crown Princesses aside, my point was that I am tired of hearing Mary talk about how hard working and devoted to Denmark she is and actually see some action from her. She says over and over again about how hard working she has always been and how hard working she will be in the future, but how about now? When can we expect to see this rigorous work ethic of Mary's? A year from now? Two years? Three years? Ten years?.
Mary has never said that she is hard working. She herself admitted to not doing much in the Vogue interview.She has however said that she would like to be a good and a worthy representative of Denmark.Obviously this takes some time. I don't understand why some people can't be patient enough the way they were patient with Alexandra, or even Princess Máxima.

Genevieve said:
So we are to believe Mary as hard working when she works barely one day a week and and the hardest she has ever worked was to spend nearly 2 weeks in Greenland -- after which she took some extended time for herself?
After the end of 2 week trip to Greenland she had two engagements and she took a week off to prepare for the start of their summer tour. What's wrong with that?

Genevieve said:
She talks about how much she loves Denmark and how proud she is to be representing Denmark now, but yet for this very public VOGUE photoshoot did she choose to wear a single Danish designer? Even if the VOGUE editors chose the outfits and brought the outfits to Denmark over, had Mary spoken up and said she'd like to wear at least one outfit by a Danish designer in one picture I don't think the VOGUE editors would've opposed this since they obviously tried to hard to get the interview in the first place I doubt they'd want to make her angry or upset by saying no to this request.
You are obviously uninformed. Mary wore clothing from Danish designer Malene Birger, she also wore jewelry from a Danish jeweler Georg Jensen.

Genevieve said:
Alexandra and Mary are in different positions. Alexandra is/was married to the second in line to the throne, and was not the Crown Princess. The duties and obligations of Alexandra are no way on par with the duties and obligations of Mary. So even if Alexandra did less that Mary, you can't compare those things since they are different roles for each woman.

Mary, by virtue of her title and the obligations entailed with it should be doing more than Alexandra did at this stage of her marriage to Joachim..
Their roles are pretty much the same.To go out there work and promote Denmark.
Genevieve said:
And important or not, Mary should be doing something, anything. Whether one thinks opening museums or a new hospital wing is important or not, it is important to some people if not all, and while on a sliding scale of working for UNICEF or the Red Cross or whatever opening a museum may not be much, but it is something. Better to do something than nothing at all.
I agree with you, but Mary has been out there working.

And it can't be a time issue for Mary; she finds the time (3 days I believe) to pose for VOGUE and conduct interviews, yet she can't spend 2 hours to search for charities she wants to be involved in and learn about them and get involved in their programs and initiatives?

I really think Mary talks a good game but has no actions to show for it.
If Mary truly hated the publicity she was getting, she would not be saying okay to a voluntary photo shoot and interview. Mary's actions and inactions speak louder than her words ever will.
She never said that she hated the publicity that she was getting but that it was a big adjustment. Many royals openly admit to not being fond of the public scruitiny that they receive by virtue of them being a public individua, yet many have had photo shoots.

Alisa said:
You are obviously uninformed. Mary wore clothing from Danish designer Malene Birger, she also wore jewelry from a Danish jeweler Georg Jensen.
How come none of those pictures have been published then? Even if they didn't make it to the magazine, I would think that with all this talk about Mary donning Prada, Hugo Boss and Louis Vuitton that at least one picture of Mary in a Danish designer would be released. I would think that the royal court would insist on this, even if they couldn't stipulate what was printed in VOGUE.

Alisa said:
Mary has never said that she is hard working. She herself admitted to not doing much in the Vogue interview.She has however said that she would like to be a good and a worthy representative of Denmark.Obviously this takes some time. I don't understand why some people can't be patient enough the way they were patient with Alexandra, or even Princess Máxima.
Isn't this a bit of a double standard? In some posts you say that we should accept that different royal houses do things differently yet you bring it up that since Maxima got some time to prove herself, why shouldn't Mary? But since you bring it up, Maxima did a mini tour of Holland in the run up to her wedding and in the time after her wedding. So even if this is not the Danish court's thing, we still don't see Mary working as hard.

And just because she didn't say it in the VOGUE interview, doesn't mean that Mary hasn't ever said she isn't hard working.

Alisa said:
After the end of 2 week trip to Greenland she had two engagements and she took a week off to prepare for the start of their summer tour. What's wrong with that?
There is nothing wrong with taking some time off but it seems that Mary takes too much time off.

Genevieve said:
So then what's the hold up with Mary becoming the patron of any or all of these charities? Obviously there is an interest in her so hop to it Mary.

Or is she mulling them all over, seeing which one she would be of most value to her ... in between fashion shoots. :rolleyes:
Do you know of more photo shoots? She has done only one that I am aware of. She wants to carefully choose the charities and committees that she will be associated with.

I think it was mentioned earlier that the Danish imports to Australia had risen eleven per cent, or something like that, in the last year. In a matter like that Mary's interview and photo-shoot, is actually promotion for Denmark, just as all other things she will do for the rest of her life, bad and good.

I don't think that Mary should necessarily just do interviews in Danish newspapers or magazines. After all, a large part of her work is promoting Denmark around the world. But, she should also take on some duties in Denmark. In the beginning she was hindered by the language barrier, which I think is the biggest part of the process of "giving her time." But maybe she has started sorting through the large bunch of applications and found some that appeal to her.

I have no idea what organizations would be preferable for a Crown Princess to have, when Ingrid came to Denmark she had the area around Gråsten, and made that her main work. Maybe Mary could take over the Ingrid foundation, and the work with the scholarships?

The inteview, and the pictures were also available in Billedbladet this weekend, for the enjoyment of the Danes.

Alisa said:
Their roles are pretty much the same.To go out there work and promote Denmark.
No. Their jobs are similiar but their roles are not.

Mary is the Crown Princess and will one day be the Queen.

Alexandra is a Princess of Denmark and will never be Queen.

While they are both expected to go out and work and promote Denmark, Mary's profile, by virtue that she is the future Queen of Denmark, will have a higher profile than her soon to be ex-sister-in-law.

And the fact that Frederik's appendage is higher than that of his brother Joachim's, and therefore Mary's in take of a percentage of Frederik's appendage is higher than anything Alexandra would ever take in from Joachim even if the percentage is the same, means that more is expected of both Frederk and Mary than ever of Joachim and Alexandra.

To say that Mary and Alexandra have the same role is misleading and inaccurate. That is like saying Margrethe and Benedikte have the same role.

Genevieve said:
How come none of those pictures have been published then? Even if they didn't make it to the magazine, I would think that with all this talk about Mary donning Prada, Hugo Boss and Louis Vuitton that at least one picture of Mary in a Danish designer would be released. I would think that the royal court would insist on this, even if they couldn't stipulate what was printed in VOGUE..
Ehh...The photos have been published. See the December 2004 issue of Australian vogue.

Genevieve said:
Isn't this a bit of a double standard? In some posts you say that we should accept that different royal houses do things differently yet you bring it up that since Maxima got some time to prove herself, why shouldn't Mary? But since you bring it up, Maxima did a mini tour of Holland in the run up to her wedding and in the time after her wedding. So even if this is not the Danish court's thing, we still don't see Mary working as hard.
No it's not a double standard. You can't compare Mary whose only been a Princess for some 6 months to Máxima who has been a princess for almost 3 years.
Genevieve said:
And just because she didn't say it in the VOGUE interview, doesn't mean that Mary hasn't ever said she isn't hard working.
Well then cite source that Mary said that she was hard working. You referred to the Vogue interview in your post so I assumed that was where you got such information.

Genevieve said:
No. Their jobs are similiar but their roles are not.

Mary is the Crown Princess and will one day be the Queen.

Alexandra is a Princess of Denmark and will never be Queen.

While they are both expected to go out and work and promote Denmark, Mary's profile, by virtue that she is the future Queen of Denmark, will have a higher profile than her soon to be ex-sister-in-law.

And the fact that Frederik's appendage is higher than that of his brother Joachim's, and therefore Mary's in take of a percentage of Frederik's appendage is higher than anything Alexandra would ever take in from Joachim even if the percentage is the same, means that more is expected of both Frederk and Mary than ever of Joachim and Alexandra.

To say that Mary and Alexandra have the same role is misleading and inaccurate. That is like saying Margrethe and Benedikte have the same role.
That's true. But why not extend the courtesy of being patient with Mary in the similar manner that many were patient with Alexandra for them to carry out their roles.

Alisa said:
No it's not a double standard. You can't compare Mary whose only been a Princess for some 6 months to Máxima who has been a princess for almost 3 years.
I compared Mary to Maxima during the first year of their official entrance into royal life: from the time of each of their engagements to the first several months of their married life as Crown Princess.

From the time of her engagement and well into the first half year of her marriage to Willem, Maxima did tour Holland. Even if in Denmark it is not the standard to tour the country, Mary still hasn't done as much as Maxima did during her first year and a half as officially, first Willem's fiancee then his new wife.

Alisa said:
Well then cite source that Mary said that she was hard working. You referred to the Vogue interview in your post so I assumed that was where you got such information.
You shouldn't assume that you know what I mean in my posts if you really don't. You should've asked me to clarify that point then.

Alisa said:
That's true. But why not extend the courtesy of being patient with Mary in the similar manner that many were patient with Alexandra for them to carry out their roles.
This is becoming a tiring discussion. My last point on this subject is that there are different expectations for Mary and Alexandra by virtue of their different titles.

A mere princess needn't be as hard working as the future queen.

In Sweden, Victoria's younger siblings need not work as hard as Victoria because it is she who will be the Queen of Sweden one day, and not them. Just as Benedikte and Anne Marie were never expected to work as hard as Margrethe.

It may not be fair, but it is how the world works.

Which brings me back to my original point from yesterday: How patient must we be with Mary anyway? During her engagement everyone said, let's wait until she's married then we'll see more of Mary out and about. Then she became married and everyone said, let her enjoy her honeymoon and rest up after the wedding. Then a month went on with Mary as a newlywed, then two, then three and then three more and only the occasional royal duty from Mary. Do we wait a year? Two years? Five years? Ten years?

Always these excuses and requests for patience for Mary. Why shouldn't we hold her accountable? She chose to take on this life with all its difficulties and public scrutiny so why can't we expect something back from her?

I feel that we will be waiting until eternity for Mary to finally do something. Not sure I have enough patience for that.

Genevieve said:
I compared Mary to Maxima during the first year of their official entrance into royal life: from the time of each of their engagements to the first several months of their married life as Crown Princess.

From the time of her engagement and well into the first half year of her marriage to Willem, Maxima did tour Holland. Even if in Denmark it is not the standard to tour the country, Mary still hasn't done as much as Maxima did during her first year and a half as officially, first Willem's fiancee then his new wife..
Maxima and Willem-Alexander toured Holland before they were married.The only touring the couple did after their wedding was their visit to the Dutch Antilles. Even so Mary has done far more than Máxima did in the first 6 months of her marriage. However this is were the different courts do things differently part comes in. Princess Máxima's lack of carrying out engagements was explicable as RVD officially announced the Maxima would not be carrying out many engagments because she will be acquainting herself with Dutch society.

Genevieve said:
You shouldn't assume that you know what I mean in my posts if you really don't. You should've asked me to clarify that point then.
When you refer to the Vogue interview in your posts then you should explain where else you are citing Mary's words if not from the Vogue magazine.

Genevieve said:
This is becoming a tiring discussion. My last point on this subject is that there are different expectations for Mary and Alexandra by virtue of their different titles.

A mere princess needn't be as hard working as the future queen.

In Sweden, Victoria's younger siblings need not work as hard as Victoria because it is she who will be the Queen of Sweden one day, and not them. Just as Benedikte and Anne Marie were never expected to work as hard as Margrethe.

It may not be fair, but it is how the world works.
That's a given. My point is this people waited and were patient for Princessesl like Alexandra, Maxima to become more familiar with their role and to work unbehalf of their respective commitees why not extend the same courtesy to Mary. It's not like she has been sitting down doing nothing. She has been out there working.

Genevieve said:
Which brings me back to my original point from yesterday: How patient must we be with Mary anyway? During her engagement everyone said, let's wait until she's married then we'll see more of Mary out and about. Then she became married and everyone said, let her enjoy her honeymoon and rest up after the wedding. Then a month went on with Mary as a newlywed, then two, then three and then three more and only the occasional royal duty from Mary. Do we wait a year? Two years? Five years? Ten years?

Always these excuses and requests for patience for Mary. Why shouldn't we hold her accountable? She chose to take on this life with all its difficulties and public scrutiny so why can't we expect something back from her?

I feel that we will be waiting until eternity for Mary to finally do something. Not sure I have enough patience for that.
The same time that you gave to Maxima or Alexandra. Mary has been married for 6 months and she carries out engagements give her a few months or a year before she decides what commitees or charities she wants to lend her name to.

Alisa said:
That's a given. My point is this people waited and were patient for Princessesl like Alexandra, Maxima to become more familiar with their role and to work unbehalf of their respective commitees why not extend the same courtesy to Mary. It's not like she has been sitting down doing nothing. She has been out there working.

The same time that you gave to Maxima or Alexandra. Mary has been married for 6 months and she carries out engagements give her a few months or a year before she decides what commitees or charities she wants to lend her name to.
My point exately Alisa :) :)

Would someone who doesn't like the media attention inflicted upon her pose in a splashy photoshoot with designer clothes for such an internationally recognized magazine as VOGUE? Its only hard to manage because she wants to be photographed and to appear in so many magazines she hasn't got the time.

People who really despite the media attention brought on by their social status, choice of life or career don't voluntarily spend several days trying on designer clothes, getting made up and mugging for the camera. And it's not as if Mary is an entertainer and so needs to do such publicity to promote her films, shows or CDs.

Look at Victoria of Sweden's boyfriend Daniel Westling: He is someone who truly hates and loathes the media attention inflicted upon him. So much so that he enters his own gym via a seperate, more private entrance and when attending private parties with the CP, he enters the restaurant seperately rather than at Victoria's side.

If Mary truly hated the publicity she was getting, she would not be saying okay to a voluntary photo shoot and interview. Mary's actions and inactions speak louder than her words ever will.GenevieveView Public ProfileSend a private message to GenevieveFind all posts by GenevieveAdd Genevieve to Your Buddy List
A person who loves publicity as much as you claim Mary loves the media would jump at every opportunity there is to stick their faces in the media. If Mary was what you claim she is, she would not be lazy (which by the way, you also claim she is) as she would be wanting to jump at every opportunity to flaunt herself to the public. She would be taking up any offers there were on the table just so that she can go out and carry off a charity that she doesn't even care about and be able to show herself off to the public.

People who love the media are fake people. They would do anything for the media to write good things about them. So how on earth could Mary be a camera lover and a lazy person who doesn't work?

The Vogue magazine was an opportunity to promote Denmark to the Australian public whilst the 'Mary fever' is still somewhat there. Sure, she did not use Danish designs, but Mary is the Crown Princess of Denmark. That in itself is a promotion of Denmark as a country as Mary is representing Denmark. Once people take an interest in Mary, they take an interest in Denmark. It is only logical. She probably loved doing the fashion shoot (what girl wouldn't love to look beautiful) but that doesn't make her a bad person, it makes her normal.

It is ridiculous to compare one princess to another, as they are all different people. They do things differently both because they are unique princesses and because they live in different countries and traditions. Mary is not a lazy person. She proves that in her studies. TO be able to get into Commerce/law in Australia, is not easy. And then to be offered so many jobs that she got to choose, the companies must have seen something in her to offer her all these jobs. She is a person who is willing to take risks and to step out of her comfort zone. She is definately not dumb.

She is taking her time now, and there is nothing wrong with that. It's not like you never see her in public, you just don't see her everyday. Take November for example, she recieves a gift on 2nd November, she attends the stamp forum on the 5th, then she's at Berlin on the 8th. She is definately not in the public as much as the other Cpss, but that does not make her lazy. God knows how much work she puts into behind the scenes, not us. I admire Mary for taking her time, for choosing patronages that are as she said 'solid for both her and Denmark'.
After the engagement, we waitied then she came out in a flurry couple of weeks before her wedding. She attended event after event a week before her wedding, so you saw a lot of her then. Then after the honeymoon, she came back, did a few solo things, went touring around Greenland, went on the boat trip, did a few more solo things, went to England, came back, got sick, and then we have now.

If you want to start comparing princesses though, let's take Letizia for example. She too has not taken on any patronages and charaties. Which just says even such a hard working person, is still working on finding patronages and charaties to support. Granted that she's doing work everyday, but the work she's doing is Felipe's work. Felipe would have gone to most of these engagements whether or not he was married to Letizia. I think if you want to blame someone on not doing enough work, it's Frederick (though I adore him so! :D). Felipe is a hardworking man, he takes Letizia around with him everywhere, Frederick is not as hardworking as Felipe, and he doesn't take Mary around with him everywhere. That's where the difference is. Neither of these princesses have chosen any specific patronages to support.

Now that I've decided to stop blabbering...I hope all that made sense...! :D

Ack! Enough already! Mary was on the cover of Vogue. She did a photo shoot. The end. The photos were attractive and I hope it helps tourism in Denmark and Down Under.

However, hopefully, this will not become a 'regular job' for her or any other crown princess...that would be totally distasteful.

Julia said:
Ack! Enough already! Mary was on the cover of Vogue. She did a photo shoot. The end. The photos were attractive and I hope it helps tourism in Denmark and Down Under.

However, hopefully, this will not become a 'regular job' for her or any other crown princess...that would be totally distasteful.

:D You've had enough with this topic also? If I recall, Princess Diana had a photoshoot for vogue also and it wasn't criticized. I think it is time we find something else to talk about. How about her shoes? ***laughing***

Seriously, the poor woman just had surgery and is getting use to her new role. Let's give her time to learn the ropes. I am sure she will adopt worthy causes. Let's stop comparing her to other royals and appreciate her for the person she is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom