Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 10: September 2010 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:

The comments on the sports news are less than flattering....

http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/484810_438732619531841_2088513611_n.jpg

I understand that the guy in the background of this pic, removed his silvermedal almost right after recieving it. - That's not proper behavior.
The Danish team lost because the Spanish team was better, period! They've only got themselves to blame, so stop acting like a spoiled child.

Did you know that handball was invented by a Dane? :)
Not quite. A dane formalized by putting some rules into writing but the game has been played in very varied parts of the world prior to that. Even in the middle ages in France.

Did Mary fly straight to Barcelona from Davos or did she drop in at home first and then fly out. Anyone know?

Thank you to everyone who posted photos. Commiserations to those Danish supporters, congratulations to the Spanish.

You are right about proper behaviour when not winning anything. I am trying to instil this in my youngsters but when someone in a national team behaves inappropriately it lets that person down and makes parenting harder!!

Did Mary fly straight to Barcelona from Davos or did she drop in at home first and then fly out. Anyone know?
Mary was in Davos only until 24 January.
So I guess she flew in from Denmark on Sunday and back to Dk afterwards, as she has an event today.

Mary was in Davos only until 24 January.
So I guess she flew in from Denmark on Sunday and back to Dk afterwards, as she has an event today.

My guess too. I'm sure she has been at home with the children.

But what a busy Sunday, with flying trips back and forth within a few hours. I won't blame Mary if she looks a bit tired today ;) But I'm glad she traveled to Spain, so there at least was something good about watching the match yesterday :p

But big congratulations to Spain! :spainflag:

Last edited:
Thanks FasterB, I like the photo showing Crown Princess Mary as the only one singing, this of course would be when the Danish National Anthem was playing.

Can one of our Danish friends please help? The player that took his silver medal off (Muhler's post # 303) is he the same person that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella had the photo taken with at the Olympics, also the photo of Price Christian doing his Usain Bolt pose. It is just that I think I recognise the face. I have been trying to find the photos of C&I without luck.

Last edited:
Off topic, but isn´t a kiss on the hand the most perfect way of greeting between a gentleman and a lady? :wub:
I think I´m a hopeless old-fashioned romantic :D:cool:

It most certainly is. Prince Charles greets ladies in the same way; it just warms my heart to know chivalry isn't dead. :)

It most certainly is. Prince Charles greets ladies in the same way;
He does, and he does it Oh! so perfectly :in_love:
I think both Prince Felipe and King Juan Carlos always formally greet ladies like that-good family teaching ;)
End of the OT, I guess :D

Off topic, but isn´t a kiss on the hand the most perfect way of greeting between a gentleman and a lady? :wub:
Especially if the lady wears jeans. :lol:

marfre
Can one of our Danish friends please help? The player that took his silver medal off (Muhler's post # 303) is he the same person that Prince Christian and Princess Isabella had the photo taken with at the Olympics, also the photo of Price Christian doing his Usain Bolt pose. It is just that I think I recognise the face. I have been trying to find the photos of C&I without luck.
Yes, he is. And he also took off his silver medal in 2011.
But sorry, I can't help you with pics.

Yes, you are right. His name is Mikkel Hansen. Here are the pictures you were searching for :flowers:

Whether a greeting with a kiss on the hand is a good thing depends greatly on the dental hygiene of the man, I have to say.:whistling:

I have great respect for CP Mary's composure yesterday, I would not have been able to be so stoic after watching such a horrible, horrible match. For the first time in my life I actually walked away from the TV early in the second half of the final, I just couldn't bear to watch it any longer. I'd never imagined the team were capable of playing that badly.

But Mary was really good at giving all the players a smile and comforting pat on shoulder when she handed out the medals. And I have to say it wasn't an easy job. The IHF representative who was supposed to hand out the flowers kept switching between the flowers and the medals and taking several at once, so Mary sometimes had to double back to make sure she greeted all the Danish players. And for both bronze, silver and gold medals they hadn't made enough medals and flowers for everyone, so some of them didn't get any. I don't understand how that can happen at a World Championship, IHF were the only ones who messed up worse than the Danish team yesterday. :doh:
But like I said, Mary was good at making sure she greeted everyone and seemed to try and give them all some comforting words.

And from now on I'll try really hard to pretend that match never happened. :banned:
Hopefully they'll make up for it when the European Championships are held in Denmark next year.

Whether a greeting with a kiss on the hand is a good thing depends greatly on the dental hygiene of the man, I have to say.:whistling:

The gentleman's lips are not supposed to touch the lady's skin. It is just another form of air-kissing.

Last edited by a moderator:
You and me both :cool: :cool: I've already pressed Delete on my mental hard drive and only remembers the first 8 matches......;)

It sounds like a good idea. I will try to do the same :cool:
I dare not think about how my facial expression looked during the match :lol:

Here are more great pictures of Mary (and Spanish Felipe) from yesterday. Mary has such a stunning smile! :in_love:

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/66999_481042668619628_503387323_n.jpg
http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/602708_481042658619629_1528565247_n.jpg
http://sphotos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/66456_481042661952962_1806479468_n.jpg

http://sphotos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/408571_481039535286608_1853334212_n.jpg
http://sphotos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/73537_481039555286606_50654543_n.jpg

The gentleman's lips are not supposed to touch the lady's skin. It is just another form of air-kissing.

Exactly.

You can always tell a gentleman from a roughian pretending to be a gentleman.
The roughian's lips touch the hand of the lady, sometimes with a loud wet sound. - Which is why sensible ladies wear glowes, lest a boor should drool on their hands.

Yes, you are right. His name is Mikkel Hansen. Here are the pictures you were searching for :flowers:

Thanks fairy tale and ricarda for the confirmation , also thanks fairy tale for the link to the pictures, much appreciated. Nice to see the sweet photos of the children again.

Roskilde said:
But what a busy Sunday, with flying trips back and forth within a few hours. I won't blame Mary if she looks a bit tired today ;)

And especially because I have read on Facebook that some of the people who traveled on the same flight home as Crown Princess Mary says that there were 2 hour delay at the airport and turbulence all the way home to Denmark, phew! :wacko: :coffee: By the way, are there still no images from Mary's event yesterday?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mohammad Yunus gave a speech at this conference.

Summary of article in Biled Bladet #05, 2013.
Mary led med landsholdet - Mary suffered with the national team.
Written by Marianne Singer & Casper Nielsen.

Well, as you know Mary watched the handball match finals between Spain and Denmark and Denmark became second.

They have selected a couple of pics of Mary in the article that are probably more in line with the general mood among those Danes who watched the match...

Mary was recieved and treated with utmost curtesy by Crown Prince Felipe and sat next to him in the royal box at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.
Mary handed out the medals to the winners and offered some comforting words. (*)
The Danish trainer, Ulrik Wilbek, who is incidentally suffering from a stomach ulcer, said afterwards: "Mary said she thought silver was great and that she well understood that it was going uphill, when we came behind three nil to that opponent. Yes, Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything. (**) We are always pleased with the support she and Crown Princes Frederik give us, when they are present".

(*) The article doesn't mention whether it was planned that she should hand out medals. From what I understand the whole thing seemed a bit improvised. I have been told that a gentleman and Mary couldn't quite figure out who should hand out the medals and who should hand out flowers to the players.

(**) The press and the public haven't exactly been kind to the handball team. - I'd say, there is a considerable difference in loosing with three goals behind and loosing with... quite a few goals more...

BB is up.

Last edited:
I think it is always unfair when the media rip into a team for not winning. Regardless of the fact that coming second means they are the second best team in the world, which is a bloody good effort. It happens a lot in my country with some of our team sports. I think the media are most unfair at times.

I think it is always unfair when the media rip into a team for not winning. Regardless of the fact that coming second means they are the second best team in the world, which is a bloody good effort. It happens a lot in my country with some of our team sports. I think the media are most unfair at times.

I agree, I've never understood how both fans and the media become so unhinged when a team loses. Even when they lose as dramatically as the Danes did. Sometimes everyone does their best and a team brings everything it's got to the table and things still fall apart.
I'm glad to hear Mary was supportive, at least!

The Danish trainer, Ulrik Wilbek, who is incidentally suffering from a stomach ulcer, said afterwards: "Mary said she thought silver was great and that she well understood that it was going uphill, when we came behind three nil to that opponent. Yes, Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything. (**) We are always pleased with the support she and Crown Princes Frederik give us, when they are present".

thanks Muhler. :flowers:
It seems the coach and team are pleased with the royal support from both Mary and Frederik.
and remembering the pic from the olympics, Im sure Isabella and Christian will be huge fans as well:)

Summary of article in Biled Bladet #05, 2013.
Mary led med landsholdet - Mary suffered with the national team.
Written by Marianne Singer & Casper Nielsen.

Well, as you know Mary watched the handball match finals between Spain and Denmark and Denmark became second.

They have selected a couple of pics of Mary in the article that are probably more in line with the general mood among those Danes who watched the match...

Mary was recieved and treated with utmost curtesy by Crown Prince Felipe and sat next to him in the royal box at the Palau Sant Jordi in Barcelona.
Mary handed out the medals to the winners and offered some comforting words. (*)

(*) The article doesn't mention whether it was planned that she should hand out medals. From what I understand the whole thing seemed a bit improvised. I have been told that a gentleman and Mary couldn't quite figure out who should hand out the medals and who should hand out flowers to the players.

(**) The press and the public haven't exactly been kind to the handball team. - I'd say, there is a considerable difference in loosing with three goals behind and loosing with... quite a few goals more...

BB is up.

I love Ulrik Wilbek's words about Mary! Especially the part where Ulrik says that Mary was actually one of the only ones who understood anything :D Sweet sweet Mary,, she seems to be a very warm and sympathetic woman. I really like her.
And the Danish press has not been very sweet to Ulrik Wilbek and hey a second place is really great too!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom