Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 7: January 2018 - August 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, DK won convincingly over Chile tonight and that led Frederik to visit the dressing room of the DK team, and apparently promising to come and watch them, if they play the finals.

On the occasion of the current World Cup in Men's Handball in Denmark and Germany and the upcoming World Cup in Women's Handball in Japan, the Japanese mascot Kumamon is visiting Europe and this afternoon visited Crown Prince Frederik at Amalienborg:

** Pic **

Frederik presents The Danish Industry Foundation Entrepreneur Award 2019 at the Danish Tech Challenge Award Show
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtLuI9LnZTC/?utm_source=ig_embed
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DyAmG_CWkAEA0-a.jpg

a few more pictures from today
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMPAG9npVc/
video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BtMX83CnZbA/

some of the companies were visited by the Crown Prince in December
https://miwire.net/da/Kronprinsen-b...fCaD2_JzrdMNEW4ekgCQOjIdOgdQkVD-QyZCcKqZkmp_s

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederik is going to participate in the cross country run world championships, which will take place in the forest near Marselisborg in Aarhus on 30th March.

https://www.bt.dk/sport/kronprins-frederik-stiller-op-ved-vm-i-cross

To be specific he will take part in the 4X2 km relay.

- The special thing about the championships this year is the first time ever where everyone can sign up. It's not only for professionals and people who have qualified for something.
There is a lot of enthusiasm for running here in DK, so thousands are expected to sign up for whatever distance suits them.
I think that's a great idea. It may annoy some of the professionals that there are so many "amateurs" but why should spectators only stand and look on?

Tomorrow, Crown Prince Frederik arrives at the World Championships in Cyclecross in Bogense on Sunday 3 February.

"- The Crown Prince's presence is not only a significant gain for the actual World Cup event. It is also a hallmark of North Funen as an enterprising, innovative and naturally attractive part of the kingdom, says Per Olesen, director of Nordfyns Erhverv og Turisme in a press release.
- In North Funen we welcome every single time we can welcome a member of the royal family and in this connection the joy is extraordinary, because the crown prince as an active sportsman about anyone will know professionally to assess what extraordinary effort is required to belong the world elite in such a physically and technically demanding sport as cycling cross, says Per Olesen."

https://www.tv2fyn.dk/artikel/kronprinsen-kommer-til-vm-i-cyklecross-i-bogense

Thanks Polyesco.

So Frederik has been doing cycle cross for a couple of years.

It's a sport that is growing here in DK. But it also a sport that is far from appreciated by everyone!

Denmark is a small country, so most of us have a forest or at least a stretch of woodland with comfortable walking-the-dog-distance. Many of these places are also used by people on bikes - some of them have specific tracks used by organized cross country bikers.
The problem is, as it is with almost everyone using the forests, that a few ruin the reputation of others.
Some cross country bikers move around in the forest as if they own the place, without regards to the fact that there are joggers, retirees, birdwatchers, riders, children, dog-owners and what not also in the forests - not to mention wildlife!
And when you have experienced being almost run over by a two-wheeled maniac, you tend to be pretty annoyed! :bang:
So some, unfortunately, have gone to criminal lengths to retaliate. Basically sabotaging the paths use by cross country cyclists in particular, in the hope they may crash. :ermm:

In short: Everybody else can't stand cross country cyclists!
That doesn't mean everybody else are free of blame. Let me mention: People who don't have their dog in a lead, or whose dog is not under control.
Or fanatic joggers running along, unstoppable, with madness in their eyes.
- So especially in the woods in and around the major cities you will find plenty of reasons to hate your fellow human beings. :D

:previous:

Crown Prince Frederik hopes the Tour will boost the Danish tourism industry:

"It touches my French roots, and I expect that the French people will begin to discover that there is something called Denmark, and say 'maybe we should go on vacation, if not before then in 2021 in connection with the Tour de France"

"It is very important that we also attract some southern Europeans to Northern Europe. Many French people, I know, say, "Well, that's cold and wet," and they are partly right in that, but we also have a lot more to offer, among other things in the gastronomy".

Nice that he mentioned his French roots and his light humour is great as always..

** dr.dk: Kronprinsen om Tour de France i Danmark: 'Det rører ved mine franske rødder' **

Last edited:
Tomorrow, HRH The Crown Prince participates in the official opening of Veteran Homes Odense
H.K.H. Kronprinsen deltager i den officielle åbning af Veteranhjem Odense | Kongehuset

"Crown Prince Frederik several times has shown interest in the construction of the veteran home.- A couple of times I have had the opportunity to talk to the Crown Prince about the veteran home and talk about the work we have done for four and a half years in obtaining funding, and what has otherwise been necessary to open. And there I have experienced a great interest both for the case in general and for the construction of the first newly built veteran home in Denmark."
https://www.fyens.dk/odense/Fornemt...indvielsen-af-nyt-veteranhjem/artikel/3324822

Thanks, Polyesco.

Such veterans homes are very much needed.

The official opening today, will be followed up by a more low-key opening Friday, where in particular those veterans who can't cope with all the attention, press and PET can attend.

These veterans homes are meant as a place to go, if you need to talk with someone who genuinely understand you. And who are willing to listen to you telling the same, often macabre story, again and again. Something your wife will naturally feel reluctant about listening to repeatedly.
If you just need to get away for a night or a week, because you have some bad days or things at home begin to stress you out. Here you don't have to explain, the others know why you are there.
Some sleep there from time to time, because there is comfort in having "other mates" around you, "securing the perimeter" so that you can sleep better.
Other's come when the nightmares are too much and you perhaps feel embarrassed having woken up you family again and again.
There are the PTSD sufferers (hard cases) who prefer to sleep here for longer periods, rather than being on their own.
And then there are the homeless veterans, some of whom sleep in homemade shelters in the woods for months, they can sleep here during the hardest time of the year, the winter. - No questions asked.

One thing that is common to all veterans is the feeling of camaraderie. You spend months with people you relied on and trusted unconditionally 24/7. People you knew would be there for you and who would look out for you. It's very difficult to let go of that sense of security and safety. And many miss that feeling and that's one reason why so many veterans join biker clubs.
Or rejoin again and again and again... - I noticed a "mission-bum" among the veterans who posed with Frederik. Some mission-bums sign up for five, six perhaps up to nine tours! But there is only so much the human mind can cope and there is usually a bill waiting at some point.

But first and foremost, here you can talk about feelings and experiences you simply cannot tell your wife, no matter how much you trust her and no matter how understanding she is. There are things she should not know and things you won't ask her to understand.
Things you would hesitate telling a psychologist about but which you can tell a fellow veteran.

The homes are paid for by the Ministry of Defense and they receive other donations as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Indeed, a wonderful coup for Denmark and the Crown Prince! I was pleased to listen to his speech, especially since his French is so very much clearer than his English. You can tell he is well used to using the language and his prononciation is native:flowers:

All tickets for Royal Run 2019 have almost been sold but there are still tickets to be had.
At present the number of people having signed up have exceeded last years 70.000.

In Aarhus, where the Muhler family is going to trot along, there are no places left.

In fact the only places left are for the one mile distance in Copenhagen.

To put it into perspective, 70.000 participants for the official runs constitute about 1.2 % of the population.

Frederik is going to participate in the cross country run world championships, which will take place in the forest near Marselisborg in Aarhus on 30th March.

https://www.bt.dk/sport/kronprins-frederik-stiller-op-ved-vm-i-cross

To be specific he will take part in the 4X2 km relay.

- The special thing about the championships this year is the first time ever where everyone can sign up. It's not only for professionals and people who have qualified for something.
There is a lot of enthusiasm for running here in DK, so thousands are expected to sign up for whatever distance suits them.
I think that's a great idea. It may annoy some of the professionals that there are so many "amateurs" but why should spectators only stand and look on?

Unfortunately, Frederik wont be able to run this Saturday as he has a slight injury in his knee.
https://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprins-...d_-qkXwdP6XcUsqhjVR3qLLcKs4c28SAsPdJHWDhxFA_M

"Crown Prince Frederiks knee is overloaded, and therefore he cannot participate in the race as first planned, but Denmark's coming king will nevertheless throw shine on the arrangement in some other way...the director of Danish Athletics is still enthusiastic about Crown Prince Frederick's participation.
»HRH The Crown Prince's role as the starting point for both the greatest talents in the world and for the Exercise Tribunal expresses in the best possible way the whole vision behind the World Cup in Denmark. The men's U20 class contains the absolute biggest runners-up the world has to offer; Practitioners like HRH Crown Prince will probably revisit in the coming years by virtue of their role as an IOC member. And later, he will send the fitness staffs with people of all ages, "says director of Danish Athletics, Jakob Larsen in a press release."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom