Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 4: May 2013 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks a lot muhler for the great summary :) how lovely that so many of frederik&marys friend and kids were in their home to congratulation him when he, mary and the kids came back after his IRONMAN. it must had been wonderful for him.

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2013/PPE130818129.jpg
but when i look at the picture where they leave i can imagne frederik looked most forward to see a sofa :) :)

Crown Prince Frederik attends the America's Cup in San Francisco.
On August 21st , he was a guest onboard ORACLE TEAM USA’s AC72.

“There is a lot of focus from all of the crew – the AC72 demands attention as everything happens in a short time span and the stress level can be quite high,” said Crown Prince Frederik. “The experience of the crew is evident in how they work together
“I’m very thrilled to have been able to be here and to join the team onboard – I feel very lucky.”

pictures and article

News Story

Last edited:
Crown Prince Frederik attends the America's Cup in San Francisco.
On August 21st , he was a guest onboard ORACLE TEAM USA’s AC72.

“There is a lot of focus from all of the crew – the AC72 demands attention as everything happens in a short time span and the stress level can be quite high,” said Crown Prince Frederik. “The experience of the crew is evident in how they work together
“I’m very thrilled to have been able to be here and to join the team onboard – I feel very lucky.”

pictures and article

News Story

Thanks Polyesco! Is there a particular reason why Frederik is associated with the AC72?

By the way, I noticed that on the Hello! Magazine website there was no mention of Frederik's Ironman competition. I was surprised (and disappointed) but today there's a big deal about Princess Mary's "evacuation" from the refugee camp.

A part of the marathon route went along Toldbodgade (street) passing alongside the wall into M&F's garden. (The street between Amalienborg and the quay). As Frederik was to pass that stretch four times during the marathon, Mary stood there for a quite a long time that day along with her children and various friends. Josephine was seen sitting comfortably in mother's arms, and she must have recogniced dad because she is seen in the article presenting a huge smile. Vincent also went through the gate from the garden and on to street to have a look. Just some adults running, big deal! And went inside again.

Thank you Muhler so much for the summary! This is very sweet! I know understand the multiple pictures taken in the same spot but with different people/kids in different outfits!!! :flowers: I also checked the street with Google StreetView!

Last edited by a moderator:
great find:flowers:
He is looking good. ;)
there seems to be a microphone equipment in front, i wonder if there will be a short interview

Nice picture! Thanks Roskilde! (I don't see a microphone, just sunglasses and zippers but I hope you are right!)

Nice picture! Thanks Roskilde! (I don't see a microphone, just sunglasses and zippers but I hope you are right!)

I was refering to that grey fuzzy thing at the edge of the photo. I think its used during interviews due to the sound?:). i dont know, its just wishful thinking on my part ;)

I was refering to that grey fuzzy thing at the edge of the photo. I think its used during interviews due to the sound?:). i dont know, its just wishful thinking on my part ;)

OH YES!! The fuzzy microphone!! Yes, definitely looks like one!! You are right! In fact, my wishful thinking sees not only the fuzzy one but a regular one on its right! Definitely some sort of journalistic action going on... :wave:

OH YES!! The fuzzy microphone!! Yes, definitely looks like one!! You are right! In fact, my wishful thinking sees not only the fuzzy one but a regular one on its right! Definitely some sort of journalistic action going on... :wave:

It seems, according to this article that Frederik was interviewed by an Italian TV station.

Fem dage efter Ironman: Kronprinsen er til America's Cup - Danmark | www.bt.dk

Although i cant get the video link to work from the article page.

"This caught the Italian television station Gazzetta TV bådglade the Crown Prince to talk about boating.

- There are many who do not believe America's Cup is really sailing. I think it is a new form of navigation. One has to be in great physical form and be able to look ahead. You should be able to read what is going to happen ahead in the race, says Crown Prince."

Herlufsholm

You may remember that Frederik in the spring unofficially visited Solrød school where he in a couple of hours held a lecture for the students about sports and IOC. Apparently, he visited other schools as well - among them Herlufsholm.

CP Frederik told about the many positive aspects of sport: You will exercise, will be in a better mood, have more desire to tackle new tasks, will be better to think - and you will have many friends.

The students had a great desire to comment and they asked many questions. Although several students used the term "you" (informally) the modern royal representative just smiled - also when a student said "Your Royal Highness, what do you (informal) ...."

Finally, a student asked Frederik which Olympic Games he had liked best, Frederik replied "It must be the Olympic Games in Sidney, it was there I met my wife" - a response that clearly delighted the assembly.

Last edited:
Herlufsholm

You may remember that Frederik in the spring unofficially visited Solrød school where he in a couple of hours held a lecture for the students about sports and IOC. Apparently, he visited other schools as well - among them Herlufsholm.

CP Frederik told about the many positive aspects of sport: You will exercise, will be in a better mood, have more desire to tackle new tasks, will be better to think - and you will have many friends.

The students had a great desire to comment and they asked many questions. Although several students used the term "you" (informally) the modern royal representative just smiled - also when a student said "Your Royal Highness, what do you (informal) ...."

Finally, a student asked Frederik which Olympic Games he had liked best, Frederik replied "It must be the Olympic Games in Sidney, it was there I met my wife" - a response that clearly delighted the assembly.

What a lovely story. thank you for sharing :flowers:
It seems Frederik does do more unofficial events that dont usually get alot of press. Good for him

Herlufsholm

Good answer :) How sweet :wub::wub::wub::heart:I wonder what answer questioner expected ;)

It seems, according to this article that Frederik was interviewed by an Italian TV station.

Fem dage efter Ironman: Kronprinsen er til America's Cup - Danmark | www.bt.dk

Although i cant get the video link to work from the article page.

"This caught the Italian television station Gazzetta TV bådglade the Crown Prince to talk about boating.

- There are many who do not believe America's Cup is really sailing. I think it is a new form of navigation. One has to be in great physical form and be able to look ahead. You should be able to read what is going to happen ahead in the race, says Crown Prince."

Here is the interview. Frederik speaking in English
Frederik di Danimarca a bordo di Oracle - YouTube

:previous: He sure has. :)

He certainly found a new devoted fan in the boy who was interviewed, who repeatedly decribed Frederik as being very down to earth.

Here is the interview. Frederik speaking in English

Thanks Polyesco: you found it! Nice interview. I'm not sure I completely followed what Frederik was saying but it was a treat! :flowers:

He looks quite tired in the Nature Day video, but it was a lovely event. The man needs to rest for a week!

Last edited:
Frederik at the Danish Nature Conservation Association and Outdoor Recreation Council's campaign "Nature Day", he seems to be in his element in nature outside and with kids.

more pics on the DRF website
Åbning af ?Naturens Dag? - Kongehuset

Prince Henrik has commented on Frederik's ironman.

To BB's Annelise Weimann he says: "It was very well done. I'm so proud of him".

It's no secret that the Regent Couple, QMII in particular, are not very technology minded, but they were nevertheless able to follow Frederik that day from their chateau in France: "Thanks to the adjutant we could follow Frederik hour upon hour and we could all the time see what was written about him and how far he had come".

PH also lash out though: "In time one has come to the point where one needs permission from both PET and the police (*) for everything, that's life now. Everybody watches us from sattellites. But we were pleased to follow the achievement of the Crown Prince. Now he has become L'homme de Fer, as we say in French".

(*) PET is actually the police, but I think we know what he means. He may also in a way refer to the DRF internet connection being scrambled. That was mentioned in connection with M&F's home being renovated. And perhaps also the advise they do get from PET. - FET certainly used to have a pretty big monitoring station (SIGINT-station) on the island of Bornholm, keeping an eye on Russia and the Baltic.

The Regent Couple always dine with the LiW and adjutant on duty, also on holidays. As such they tend to develope something close to a friendship. (More on that in the Cayz thread later).

Crown Prince Frederik has opened the House of Green - an interactive showroom and visitors' centre by the Danish Industry Foundation - in Copenhagen today, September 5, 2013.

** b.dk gallery **

Prince Henrik has commented on Frederik's ironman.

It's no secret that the Regent Couple, QMII in particular, are not very technology minded, but they were nevertheless able to follow Frederik that day from their chateau in France: "Thanks to the adjutant we could follow Frederik hour upon hour and we could all the time see what was written about him and how far he had come".

It's sweet that he gave the adjutant credit for being the one responsible to keep track of Frederik! I can just picture them being updated on his race and marveling at the technology! They are a sweet couple. :)

:previous:thank you. He is looking good with the beard. ;)
Another picture and more information
https://www.stateofgreen.com/en/New...ed-by-H-R-H--Crown-Prince-Frederik-of-Denmark

He does but, again, someone should let the man sleep more! He looks awfully tired to me! :sleep:

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #37, 2013.
Børnenes ven - Friend of the children.
Written by our reporter in the wild, Marianne Singer.

Recently it was Nature's Day here in DK, so school children were mobilized and marched off into the woods to get to know the nature and appreciate some fresh air. And on that occasion Frederik showed up as a guest teacher for a class of 4th graders from the town of Vordingborg. They were put through a wood-parkour challenge. (*)
That included swinging across a stream using a hanging rope and to drag yourself up a slope, also using a rope.
That can be quite a challenge for laptop-children, especially when the ground is damp and muddy and the place is full of trees and stuff...
But the children braved the challenges spurded on by the presence of Frederik, who calmly encouraged and praised the children.
As the last man Frederik lept across the stream and then on to the slope.
Having send the children up the soggy slope, Frederik untroubled made his way up too, using one hand. - So he was a pretty cool Crown Prince in the eyes of the children.

Frederik told about this forest-parkour, which is new to him: "...it's both fun to be with the children and to be out in the woods. You only have to ask what they see and what they experience, then you get a new version from every single child.
I use the forest a lot (**) both with and without children. It's fun to take your children along. They discover new things and a new world each time they are out.
A world which we adults are used to and don't reflect on a lot.
...and when we lived at Fredensborg (as children) there was access to an ocean of forests and lakes in Northern Zealand".

(*) For those who are not familiar with parkour: The aim it to get from A to B in as straight a line as possible, overcoming any obstacles on the way and to do it as fast as possible. - So if there is a building between you and point B, you climb over it.

(**) Some 25-30 % of DK is now woodland. In the middle 1600's it was down to around 4 % due to forrestation. Within the past generation the area covered in woodland here in DK has been doubled.
So we have trees all over the place and you can hardly turn around without bumping into one. - A fact that surprise a number of foreignes who perhaps have imagined DK to be if not semi-arctic then at least somewhat barren.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom