Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 4: May 2013 - November 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #25, 2013.
Mine børn skal være aktive - My children must be active.
Written by Karina Didriksen.

Frederik started the School-Olympics at Østerbro Stadium in Copenhagen, where 2.000 fourth graders from all over DK competed.
Frederik said when he opened the whole show: "I can look forward to having a really fun time. You must cheer the runners and you must cultivate friendships with the pupils from the other schools. That's what the Olympics is all about - friendship and respect".

To our reporter Frederik said: "It's good to be active and it's proven physiological and socially that you benefit a lot from physical activity.
Obviously it's easier for my wife (formal word) and I because we are both active and spend a lot of time training and being outside.
We of course encourage our children to be active without pacing them, but on the other hand they often see Mary and I put on the running clothes and that we can tell stirs something in them, somehow. That'll pay off alright in a few years, so that they themselves feel like running along".

Frederik strolled around and looked at the various activities surrounded by a possey of fourth graders.

Both Christian and Bella seems already to be some active and energetic children with good control over their body movements. It does matter a lot what you see when you grow up. And I'm sure that little Vincent and Josephine will follow them in some years. They have the best teachers :D

I hope and believe that Isabella next year will run in the Free From Bullying run too. And in a few years perhaps the entire foursome.

Last edited:
And wrapping up Frederk opening the Sculpture by the Sea exhibition in Aarhus about a month ago: Halv million så på skulpturer ved havet - Kultur - Aarhus

It is estimated that about half a million visited the exhibition. As you can access the exhibition freely and from many directions, it can only be an estimate.
That is equivalent to the numbers visiting the other two exhibitions. - I.e about 10 % of the population of DK.

The sale is going pretty well too, so I guess the artists feel happy as well.

I think it will be safe to say that Sculpture by the Sea is here to stay. - Another successful Australian export. ;)

I read that TV2 reported that Frederik completed the race. 200 other Danes were participating in the race as well.

So cool! Love that he is so into sport. Good luck CP Frederik!

He is absolutely cool, our Crown Prince Frederik. Respect! :notworthy:
He loves to challenge himself.

Frederik completed the race at number 2182 in a time at 8 hours and 35 minutes.

You can see the results list here + see pictures and videos of each participant
SPORTCOMMUNICATION

Pictures of Frederik in action http://www.photobreton.com/c/227/p/2427c460dd36bf3272a48862f1245a27/.html

A pity that we haven't seen or heard more about this race...

Last edited:
Not sure where to put this but i found on the DRF website.

"HRH Crown Prince awarded Polka Verner Grant 2013 year Skanderborg Festival.

Crown Prince receives the Skanderborg Festival 2013 Polka Verner scholarship that will be presented by the trust two founders, Patricia Egelind and Kirsten Lehfeldt. It is the twelfth time that the scholarship will be awarded and the Crown Prince have pre wanted to pass on the cash portion of the grant in support of Danish music.

The two founders created the scholarship in 2002 as a tribute to Polka Verner, aka Finn Grunnet Sorensen, who among other things was the drummer of Erling Erlang & Trio. Since its inception, the scholarship grown large and rich in tradition.

The board of trustees motivation for the choice of crown prince receiving states among other things that the scholarship be awarded: "a modern man who, with his way of living his life and his involvement in the community, greatly helps to inspire others and spread joy and excitement around it. "

For more information on when the ceremony will take place, given the festival's official press conference on Wednesday 7 August at. 16:30 in Press Tent."

Tildeling af Polka Verner Legatet 2013 - Kongehuset

Thanks polyesco :flowers:

It's has just been announced that Frederik in a moment well go onstage in front of 55.000 people at the festival to receive his award. He will come onstage just before the artist Prince will play his concert ;)

B.T. http://www.bt.dk/musikfestivaler/kronprinsen-varmer-op-for-prince

MX http://www.mx.dk/underholdning/musik/story/28575337

Here's the first picture :flowers:
http://drupal-images.tv2.dk/sites/i...mg/2013/08/07/960x540/1398905-kronprinsen.jpg

It was a very happy Crown Prince Frederik, who recieved the prize and the many thousands of persons tribute.

Frederik said:
"Music means a lot to me and my wife, Mary. Music is something that binds people together. And we are very proud to receive this award. But I know you haven't come to hear a prince talk, but to hear a Prince sing" :p

Kronprinsen varmede op for Prince | GO'

B.T. (writes that Frederik was wearing casual sneakers)
http://www.bt.dk/musikfestivaler/kro...foert-sneakers

Jyllandsposten (with one more picture)
http://jyllands-posten.dk/kultur/mus...-under-boegen/

Politiken (writes that Frederik had difficulty to outshout the applause from the people)
http://politiken.dk/ibyen/nyheder/fo...lilla-hoejhed/

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:thank you roskilde

It nice to see that he was warmly recieved. and i like that he wore his mustard colored pants just for Muhler :D

Roskilde, thank you for posting. My son-in-law is a Sorensen descendent and I sent the links to them.

:previous:thank you roskilde

It nice to see that he was warmly recieved. and i like that he wore his mustard colored pants just for Muhler :D

Yeees, I see the papers mercifully omits mentioning the orange pants he was wearing.
And Frederik did indeed get a big applause. No doubt the crowd was amused that Frederik had entered the spirit of the festival and dressed up in a festive outfit.

Skanderborg Festival is indeed an experience. Apart from being located in one of the more scenic places in DK a very large segment of the crowd are mentally handicapped or have Down's Syndrome. And they are an enthusiastic and very active audience!
I know several who have been volunteers there and they tell that even if you pull toilet duty you can't help getting in a good mood.

Years ago I worked near a special school for such people and I often got off from work at the same time they got off from school and their workshops and commuted to the cluster of "nutter-communes" nearby. We drove in the same bus and listening to them and observing them convinced me to this day that people with Down's Syndrome etc. are more sane than we socalled normal.

BT has a few details more on Frederik and Prince: Pop-Prince til kronprins: Vil De spille bordtennis? - Musikfestivaler | www.bt.dk

The reporter didn't mention Frederik's orange pants, presumably she didn't believe her own eyes.

Frederik did meet with Prince behind stage before Frederik was presented with the award. Prince challenged Frederik to a table tennis match afterwards, but Frederik had to decline, he was going home.
However Frederik enjoyed a hour of the show sitting in a couch discreetly placed on stage.

Frederik also said to the audience when he had recieved the prize: "Come on, you are not here to hear a prince speek. Would you like to hear a prince sing"? And introduced Prince that way.

Thanks polyesco :flowers:

It's has just been announced that Frederik in a moment well go onstage in front of 55.000 people at the festival to receive his award. He will come onstage just before the artist Prince will play his concert ;)

B.T. Kronprinsen varmede op for Prince iført sneakers - Musikfestivaler | www.bt.dk

MX Kronprins Frederik varmer op for Prince - MX.dk

Here's the first picture :flowers:
http://drupal-images.tv2.dk/sites/i...mg/2013/08/07/960x540/1398905-kronprinsen.jpg

It was a very happy Crown Prince Frederik, who recieved the prize and the many thousands of persons tribute.

Frederik said:
"Music means a lot to me and my wife, Mary. Music is something that binds people together. And we are very proud to receive this award. But I know you haven't come to hear a prince talk, but to hear a Prince sing" :p

Kronprinsen varmede op for Prince | GO'

B.T. (writes that Frederik was wearing casual sneakers)
http://www.bt.dk/musikfestivaler/kro...foert-sneakers

Jyllandsposten (with one more picture)
http://jyllands-posten.dk/kultur/mus...-under-boegen/

Politiken (writes that Frederik had difficulty to outshout the applause from the people)
http://politiken.dk/ibyen/nyheder/fo...lilla-hoejhed/

more pictures in this (mixed) gallery Le prince Frederik de Danemark s'est vu remettre la bourse Polka Verner à Skanderborg, le 7 août 201...

A government reshuffle will take place today at 11.45.

Kronprins Frederik skal hilse på rokade-ministre - TV 2 Nyhederne

Since QMII is in France and Frederik is Regent it will be he, who will take care of the formalities.

Formally the PM will go to Frederik and request that Frederik on behalf of QMII, (the ministers are her most distinguished servants), approve the reshuffle. He will naturally do that and sign a document.

Some ministers will be kicked out or promoted/demoted to another ministry. They will meet Frederik in his residence at Amalienborg. Here he will thank them for their sevice. Chat briefly with them and offer them a cookie and a little refreshment.

At 12.30 the new ministers will be presented and Frederik will congratulate them, chat briefly. Offer them a bisquit and a light refreshment.
Then the PM will present the new ministers to the public outside Frederik VIII's mansion this time rather than the mansion where QMII is residing.
The handover in the ministries will take place during the afternoon.

Last edited:
Here is the document Frederik signed at the government reshuffle yesterday: http://stm.dk/multimedia/Kgl_resolution_af_090813.pdf

The document is in Kancellistil = chancellory style, meaning that it is written as one long sentence. I believe this style goes back to the early 1700's, so similar recommodations have looked like this ever since.

It starts out in the appropriate form:
As I have had the honor to put before Your Majesty, I find it best that certain changes take place in the composition of the cabinet, I shall therefore allow myself to recommend that it may please Your Majesty
to....

It then ists the names of the ministers who have been sacked, saying the the PM request that Your Majesty dismiss in honor so and so.

The list also name the ministers who will change posts and requests that so and so be relieved of the duty as Minster for whatever and instead appointed Minister for something else.

Apart from that the list stipulates a number of different responsibillities changing between the ministries and similar administrative details.

The document ends in the appropriate way:
In the expectation that this recommandation will find the approval of Your Majesty, I allow myself to present the necessary actions to be signed by Your Majesty.
Most respectfully
Signed by the PM.

Frederik has in his own hand written:

The recommandation is approved in the name of the Queen. (*)
Frederik, Crown Prince.

(*) All dealings by the civil service are done "in the name of the Queen", hence the expression.

Last edited:
DR1 informs us that Frederik will take part in Ironman Copenhagen on Sunday.
That means swimming 3.8 KM, cycle 180 km and complete a marathon at the end. Kronprins Frederik bliver ironman på søndag | Nyheder | DR

Frederik says: "It's impressive that Copenhagen is the only capital in the world that is hosting an ironman, and I look forward to a big and festive sports event on Sunday.
On a personal level I look forward to competing with the 2.600 other participants - that will be a very special challenge".

Muhler, thanks for posting this, I am unable to open the link for some reason - is there another format you might be able to post it?
Thanks
Jack

Sorry, I don't know how to convert .pdf files. Perhaps someone else can help?

Last edited:
Last edited:
That should delight some of you here. A sweating Frederik in tight sports outfits, because he will no doubt get plenty of press.

He will be wearing #45 and the ironman starts at 07.00 Sunday. And he will be in the first group starting. Verdens første royale jernmand: Kronprins Frederik til start i København - Øvrig sport | www.bt.dk

Our Marie's hairdresser, Dennis Knudsen, will also take part. Trods kæmpe-styrt: Dennis er klar til Ironman - Kendte | www.bt.dk
As you can tell he used his face as a cushion when he fell from his bike recently.

Last edited:
DR1 informs us that Frederik will take part in Ironman Copenhagen on Sunday.
That means swimming 3.8 KM, cycle 180 km and complete a marathon at the end. Kronprins Frederik bliver ironman på søndag | Nyheder | DR

Frederik says: "It's impressive that Copenhagen is the only capital in the world that is hosting an ironman, and I look forward to a big and festive sports event on Sunday.
On a personal level I look forward to competing with the 2.600 other participants - that will be a very special challenge".

You're the man, Frederik! :notworthy: I had not even survived the 3.8 km swimming in open water :blink: And if I against all aspirations survived, then the 180 kilometers cycling would without any doubt kill me .... AND then comes the 42,2 kilometers marathon :shock::w00t:

It will be interesting to follow him tomorrow. The Danish newspaper Politiken has an article in which they write you can follow all the participants (including Frederik) on an App during the entire route.

- You can download the App from the App Store or Android Market, look for "IRONMAN DK" and remember Frederik is number 45.

Kronprins Frederik bliver verdens første kongelige jernmand - Politiken.dk

Another article from BT, where you can read how hard it is to become an Ironman

Ekspert om Kronprinsens Ironman: Så hårdt bliver det for Frederik - Sport | www.bt.dk

Last edited:
and maybe crown princess mary will participate in the swimming race (christiansborg rundt) in copenhagens habour like last year? they are a sportive couple :) b.dk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom