Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:According to Billed-Bladet they might have shared basketball stories;)

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2013/2/Kronprins%20Frederik%20mode%20rumansk%20basketball-helt.aspx

"In 1989, Ponta among profiles on Steuas team that won the internationally highly respected Romanian league. I wonder if the Prime Minister says the Crown Prince a few basketball anecdotes during the audience, and then it's possible that the crown prince returns a few highlights from his own active sporting life. Maybe with a few anecdotes from his career at Øregård High School basketball team from 1984-86."

Last edited:
Aha - basketball. I was just joking about the horsemeat anyway. Looks like Fred and Mary have some nice old tapestries hanging in the palace from this photo and others I've seen.

I wonder if the subject of horsemeat substitution came up, or if Diplomacy manners precluded that subject.

It's more likely the PM was served horsemeat.

The horsemeat scandal is hardly a problem here in DK, in fact butchers have experienced a considerable increased sale in horsemeat, with some butchers having sold out all they had.
Old recipies have surfaced, so horsemeat is back on the menu.
There is a good chance we have eaten horsemeat ourselves here at home, as at least one product we have bought occasionally have turned out to contain horsemeat. Nothing wrong with the taste, so we'd buy it again if and when the product returns.

Our media here say that the horsemeat story is a scandal in Europe at least in the UK. As a consumer I dislike misleading labeling. I like to know what I'm paying for. If I pay for steak for instance I expect to get beef steak not a substitute. I have never had horsemeat, I have always imagined it would be a strong taste. It would be interesting to know what the Romanian President was served though.

Crown Prince Frederik will once again participate in Vasaløbet, Sweden for
the Skikonkurrencen race, which has existed since 1922, is the world's oldest and longest cross-country skiing. on Sunday March 3rd

Frederik has been regent until tomorrow March 1st
On article on his participation this weekend, and how he did last year .

http://www.bt.dk/royale/kronprins-frederik-skal-loebe-90-km.-paa-ski-igen

Crown Prince Frederik will once again participate in Vasaløbet, Sweden for the Skikonkurrencen race, which has existed since 1922, is the world's oldest and longest cross-country skiing. on Sunday March 3rd

Frederik has been regent until tomorrow March 1st
On article on his participation this weekend, and how he did last year .

Kronprins Frederik skal løbe 90 km. på ski - igen! - Royale | www.bt.dk

Frederik participates in the competition right now and we can follow his status here :flowers:

Vasaloppet 2013

:previous:

And he has now reached the finish line. At a time of 6 hours and 37 minutes :)

Last edited by a moderator:
How awesome of Frederik! My respect for him only improves, and I wish more royals were as down to earth as him (and Mary)!

What's this new haircut of his? He looks like an Ari Behn lookalike these days.

Our Crown Prince is known as a very down-to-earth person and this morning he arrived unannounced and secretly to Solrød School where he for one hour functioned as a substitute teacher and took over the teaching of a class.
http://
and schoolchildren accidentally brought flags in school, and photographers accidentally walked past the school

and schoolchildren accidentally brought flags in school, and photographers accidentally walked past the school

Pictures were taken by school children, the article appeared after the event. The flags, well, can't explain them. :whistling: Good catch!

Wonder what he taught the children. Possibly told them about his travels and how great a country he found Chile.

More photos and article
Kronprinsen var vikar på skole - sn.dk - sn.dk - Lokal - Solrød

I think maybe the students were told that day, it cant be hard to make a Danish flag.
the photos dont look to be take by professionals but now an days everyone has a good camera with their cell phones : )

What's this new haircut of his? He looks like an Ari Behn lookalike these days.

I have always felt they look a bit similar. Like cousins.
Sadly Ari has gone downhill (looks wise)
and Frederik, like fine wine, keeps getting better ;):flowers:

a video of his arrival and depature

Kronprins Frederik på Uglegårdsskolen - YouTube

This is why i love Frederik, he's such a great guy, so grounded.
Also, he can come teach at my school (if he like films, that is).

Hardly a secret and un-announced arrival.

No, he didn't just show up, obviously. The article says, that the kids didn't know he was coming and the teachers found out only that morning, a couple of hours before he arrived. And it was not on his official calendar.
The school probably has a box of Danish flags in a closet somewhere....

Last edited:
Which royal today is capable of pulling off a totally secret and un-announced arrival? Not even CP Victoria;)
Security alone makes that impossible. This is probably as secret and un-announced as things may get royal-wise.

:previous:Thank you Iceflower:flowers:

Frederik looks good;)
the snow looks lovely
He is also regent today and tomorrow, March 23rd. (not sure where the queen went for the weekend)

:previous:thank you Iceflower:flowers:

Frederik looks good in the velvet suit ;)
and the building looks cool

Tomorrow, Crown Prince Frederik goes to IOC Trophy for Danish Orienteering Federation for the project "Find your way in Denmark".

more information
Overrækkelse af IOC Trophy - Kongehuset

"Find your way in Denmark" allows you to combine nature and exercise by more than 150 green sports facilities in Denmark. On "Find your way in Denmark" Day on 13th April is 43 similar events. The award ceremony, which is part of the event 'Find your way in the stag beetle', takes place in nature playground stag beetle, Jespervej 309, Hillerød, at. 13.00.

Last year, Christian and Isabella joined Frederik for this event. I hope we see them again tomorrow :) or maybe even with two toddlers ruining around :ROFLMAO:

i was thinking the same when i saw this event in the crown prince couple's calender.. i would totally love to see the cute vincent&josephine running around with their chubby legs tomorrow :) but i think they still are too small. but i hope too se christian&bella with daddy like last year, they are so active and spunky little ones :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom