Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 3: September 2010 - May 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited by a moderator:
Frederik is in Ukrain watching Denmark-Portugal in the Euro championship. Just saw him on tv next to Platini. He's so sexy.
Mary is not there

following the game online at the office:whistling:
they showed Frederik after the danish goal.
he is wearing purple/reddish pants ;)

Crown Prince Frederik presented the scholarship from the Crown Prince Frederik Fund at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen, June 14, 2012.
pictures: PPE Agency

Crown Prince Frederik and Danish Prime Minister Helle Thorning-Schmidt attended the Baltic Development Forum's
14th summit on June 18, 2012 in Copenhagen.

** Pic ** tv2.dk gallery **

Last edited:
And for all Frederik fans a few more nice shots from the School Olympics :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

:flowers:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2012.
Kongen af Østerbro Stadion - The king of Østerbro Stadium.
Written by our sports reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

Frederik was like a fish in the water when he, along with 1.000 other, watched the Danish school olympics at Østerbro Satdium in Copenhagen.
200 schoolchildren from 4-6 grades competed in various disciplines and Frederik was very much involved.

When Frederik arrived the spectators all rose up and roared out a cheer for the Crown Prince, leading Frederik to visibly blush.

He fired the starter pistol for the 60 meter sprint for girls then strolled around on the stadium usually surrounded by a crowd of schoolchildren.
A girl exclaimed: "He's just as good looking as Brad Pitt".
It so happened that Frederik as very familiar with taking part in sports on Østerbro Stadium from his own time in school, so this was a walk down memory lane:
"It's fantastic to be here with all those children who are on the track and on the grand stands. And it's a somewhat different reception I got today, than the one I got back when I with my school had the classes in gymnastics moved to here on this stadium. Back when I was active on this stadium my best discipline was incidentally long jump, as far as I recall. Today it's a much grander stadium than when I did athletics here myself. It's a nice frame for a nice event. The physical frame here at Østerbro Stadium means at lot to the children and it gives them a little extra motivation.
I hope my own children one day will take part in the school olympics. I will certainly encourage Christian's school in taking part.
Christian would take part in and be good at something that involves running and throwing and Princess Isabella she would definitely run".

When Frederik arrived the spectators all rose up and roared out a cheer for the Crown Prince, leading Frederik to visibly blush.

He fired the starter pistol for the 60 meter sprint for girls then strolled around on the stadium usually surrounded by a crowd of schoolchildren.

What a great reception for Frederik.
And i agree with the little girl ;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2012.
Kongen af Østerbro Stadion - The king of Østerbro Stadium.
Written by our sports reporter Ulrik Ulriksen.

Frederik was like a fish in the water when he, along with 1.000 other, watched the Danish school olympics at Østerbro Satdium in Copenhagen.
200 schoolchildren from 4-6 grades competed in various disciplines and Frederik was very much involved.

It so happened that Frederik as very familiar with taking part in sports on Østerbro Stadium from his own time in school, so this was a walk down memory lane:
"It's fantastic to be here with all those children who are on the track and on the grand stands. And it's a somewhat different reception I got today, than the one I got back when I with my school had the classes in gymnastics moved to here on this stadium. Back when I was active on this stadium my best discipline was incidentally long jump, as far as I recall. Today it's a much grander stadium than when I did athletics here myself. It's a nice frame for a nice event. The physical frame here at Østerbro Stadium means at lot to the children and it gives them a little extra motivation.
I hope my own children one day will take part in the school olympics. I will certainly encourage Christian's school in taking part.
Christian would take part in and be good at something that involves running and throwing and Princess Isabella she would definitely run".

Thank you for the summary, Muhler. It is appreciated.

Frederik's involvement in promoting sports is great to see, especially today, when so many kids are more inclined to play video games or watch television. I liked reading him reminiscing about his own experience at school olympics when he was younger, and that he wanted to see his own kids take part in something like this when they were older. I agree with him; his two elder children would definitely enjoy something that involved a lot of activity, like running or maybe jumping too.

Prior to the Summer Olympics in London, Crown Prince Frederik was invited to be the guest editor at Wednesday's Olympic special edition of Danish MetroXpress. Three pics of the editorial conference today, June 26, were publised on the official website:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** kongehuset.dk: Kronprinsen er gæsteredaktør på MetroXpress **

what a neat idea. Im sure as a member of the IOC and a sports lover in general, Frederik must have enjoyed himself.

I like picture #2 :flowers:

Translation of an article in Ekstra Bladet.
Jeg er ikke frisk nok til at blive royal reporter - I'm not fresh enough to become a royal reporter.
Written by Jan Körner. (*)
Ekstra Bladet - - Jeg er ikke frisk nok til at blive royal reporter

I've really known it for a long time, and now I have the word of the future king of the country for it:
The job as editor in chief is a walk in the park compared to mine, which is about sniffing out news about celebrities and royals.

Because eventhough Frede (**) yesterday was temporary editor in chief on the free paper MetroExpress, and as such saw himself capable of fulfilling that role, it was a different matter, when I gave him an offer.

- "Would you (formal you) like to try my job for a day, so that you can see how it is to be on the other side"?
- "Yes, that could be interesting, but I think it requires a good deal of sleep and friskyness", was the reply from Frede.

And in that way he signalled that he isn't that rested and fresh, but fresh enough to be editor in chief. (***)
The Crown Prince also cemented the truth that editors in chief stroll in late in the forenoon and leave after a couple of hours.
The successor to the throne of the country arrived at the editors office of the free paper in the north western part of Copenhagen (****) at 10.25 and he left the establishment as soon as 11.54. That is a little less than an hours and a half of effort.

- "Are you impressed, Poul Madsen"? (*****)
- "It sure is a long nice working day for the Crown Prince. But it wouldn't be possible for the rest of us to make a paper edition in an hour and a half", is the opinion of the editor in chief of Ekstra Bladet.
I however lean more towards Frede's interpretation that is is harder to be a royal reporter than an editor in chief. And as such (I) have a proposition to the Crown Prince.
- "Would you like to be the successor of Poul Madsen"?
- "Ha, ha, ha. That is not something I will be invited to do, unfortunately".

Frederik thought it was exiting to be a part in putting a paper together.
- "I learned a lot of how you edit but also the entire forplay (******) of it all, gathering informations and come up with inputs", says Frede, who was allowed to proritize the frontpage that is on the streets today (Tuesday).

- "Yes, I've been a part of that, but wait and see. I'm just as excited as you (formal you) are".
With Frederik's refreshing view of my hard effort, I had however been more excited had he taken over the job of Poul Madsen.

(Normally I rarely bother to read let alone translate articles from Ekstra Bladet, as they are unreliable and twisted, not least in regards to the DRF. This article however has got some humour and it's very mild on Frederik this time).

(*) Who is usually not only very critical of the DRF but more often than not way over the top. To a degree that even the readers of Ekstra Bladet dismiss his articles.

(**) Frede is a nickname some, not least Ekstra Bladet, use about Frederik. It's short for Frederik.
Personally I don't like it. Frede is as far as I know not what he is called among friends, so I find it a bit disrespectful to use it.
Pingo however was a nickname he got from those who meant something to him and I dare say also a name he wore with pride.

(***) As you can tell the word "frisk" can mean fresh as well as frisky.

(****) I think this is a little stab in the back of Metro Express, which is a serious competitor to the tabloids.
Ekstra Bladet is located in the publishing house of Politiken at the square of the townhall in Copenhagen, a very grand address. North western Copenhagen is... less grand.

(*****) Poul Madsen is the editor in chief of Ekstra Bladet. He is also an outspoken republican and a fierce critic of the DRF.
As the present editor of Ekstra Bladet he has some big shoes to fill - and he don't...

(******) You don't have to tell me....

As a part of being editor-in-chief for a day for MetroExpress, Frederik wrote the editorial and I agree wholeheartedly with him!
Kronprinsen revser reality-tv - Royale | www.bt.dk

He takes a swing at reality-TV.

"When you glance quickly over the TV schedule during a good Daninh TV-week, you come across more and more reality-programmes.
The target group is the young, the narrative/plot simple: It's about being famous. Not so much for what you are skilled at or what you have worked hard and dedicated at for several years to achieve. More for the quirky, the simple (F. is using the word: Enfoldig = a polite word for simple) and at time the absurd or simply just to be famous for being famous".

Frederik acknowledge the entertainment value but he also questions the dreams of the young.
"Even though it can be quite entertaining, it also makes many parents and responsible adults raise their eyebrows in concern over the direction on the inner compass of the young. (Amen to that!!). Is that really what the young wish to reflect themselves with!

He is on the other hand delighted that athletics - followed by business men and artists - er the ones the young look up to.
"That is for me also and indication that the young well know that the way to a rich life/rewarding life is not necessarily paved with reality shows and happiness that only last a short time".

- I don't mind reality shows where you follow someone, who is doing something meaningful and has a genuine story to tell. It is for me always a pleasure to watch someone who is good at what they do.
But when the persons become the story and what they do is secondary (if they do anything at all), then I lose interest.
Discovery Channel is a good example of that. I don't know about the regional versions, but here in Scandinavia is has evolved or rather degraded from an informative channel, wher you could be reasonably sure to learn something to a number of mind numbing reality shows.

----------------------

Now, Danish members in particular will enjoy this.
There has of course been a reaction to this and the papers know perfectly well who to ask for an opinion. The current reality-icon here in DK.
An über-gay named Gustav Salinas.
I have - regrettably:)whistling:) - not followed his antics on TV. I'm dead serious now: I honestly don't know if the man is braindead or just a good actor! My fifteen year old son says he IS braindead, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, Jim Lyngwild, who is a succesful designer and extremely pro-DRF, went completely ballistic on national TV recently over this Gustav. Accusing him for, well, being braindead, presumably he also felt offended as a gay.
Whatever, you should read the following quotes to yourselves in the most exaggerated and silly gay-voice possible. That will enhance what he has to say.

Gustav svarer igen: Hvad er Kronprinsen selv kendt for? - Kendte | www.bt.dk

Q: Reality-Tv is about being famous. Not for what you are skilled at or have worked hard to achieve, but just for being famous. Do you agree?
Gustav: "No! I've made reality-TV since 2008 and fought really hard for being able to life off that, like I do today. In contrast to the Crown Prince I'm after all not born with a silverspoon in my mouth and a million on the credit card, so yes, I work hard too. The Crown Prince is just known for being rich and for being Crown Prince. People can laugh of me, but I've been four years on TV - not everyone are so fortunate".

Q: In contrast to a sportsstar, you don't have a profession, you live off. What is your talent?
G: "My talent is to have a charisma that gets through on TV. I live of selling my personality. By entertaining. You are not necessarily bloody smart or more talented because you can kick a ball. There isn't much Einstein about that".

Q: You are know for the quirky, the absurd and the simple (enfoldig), is the opinion of the Crown Prince. Are you simple (enfoldig), you think?
G: "Ehh, simple (enfoldig)... I don't think I know the meaning?
Q: Ubegavet (= polite for unintelligent), ignorant, naive...
G:
"But my job is to make people laugh, when they come home Monday evening after a stressful day. As such I must not be stupid. I just have to be myself and have a ball on TV".

Q: Do you even know how to work hard to achieve a goal?
G: "I have lots of goals about ambitions (*) and I work hard based on that every day. Right now I'm for example shooting a new reality-programme. Sometime in the future I'd like to open a gay-disco".

(*) Yes, that is a correct translation.

- I'm still in serious doubt as to whether he is braindead or very bright indeed!

A clip of Gustav, you don't have to understand Danish, just listen and watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJLQ24H0BcY

Last edited:
Managed to get a hold of today's MetroExpress and it was really good, I liked this edition very much and it's nice to see that Frederik has been truly involved with it himself.

A clip of Frederik visiting a club of archers in the town of Randers - before - he went to the Olympics. Billed-Bladet - Dannebrog på plads i London

The archers commend him, he knows what he is doing, although this type of bow is not one he has used before.

- Frederik is certified to hunt with bow and arrow.

Frederik is today to visit the University Hospital in Odense to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the hospital.

However, the day has already been marred with a very unfortunate incident last night.
In connection with the celebration of Eid, the end of Ramadan, a young man was shot and stabbed and he was brought into the hospitals ER.
A little later, while the man was in the operating theatre a gang of 40-70 immigrant youths arrived at the hospital and demanded to be handed over the wounded, also immigrant, man. Frightning staff and patients. They also caused some damaged before police officers drew their pirtols and calmed don the situation.

This morning the hospital has been busy clearing up after the incident and Frederik's visit will go ahead as planned.

ADDED:

A TV2 gallery of Frederik visiting the hospital: http://galleri.tv2.dk/Nyhederne/53628280/0/

And from BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/se-billederne-her-besoeger-kronprins-frederik-voldsramt-skadestue

Last edited:

Crown Prince Frederik has attended the opening of the Danish Pavilion at the 13th Venice Biennale in Venice, Italy, on August 28, 2012. The theme of the world's largest architecture festival is "Common Ground" and the Danish Pavilion features a collaboration between Greenlandic and Danish architects called "Possible Greenland".

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here's a nice large gallery from bt.dk:

** bt.dk: Se billederne: Kronprins Frederik aabnede dansk udstilling i Venedig **

Last edited:

Crown Prince Frederik has attended the opening of the Danish Pavilion at the 13th Venice Biennale in Venice, Italy, on August 28, 2012. The theme of the world's largest architecture festival is "Common Ground" and the Danish Pavilion features a collaboration between Greenlandic and Danish architects called "Possible Greenland".

** bt.dk: Se billederne: Kronprins Frederik aabnede dansk udstilling i Venedig **

the pictures with the water in the background are great.

here is another gallery
PPE Agency

Prince Frederik & Sth Korean President Visit Greenland; September 9th-10th, 2012

HRH Crown Prince accompanies President of the Republic of Korea visits to Greenland on 9-10th September 2012​

Translated press release

You may ask yourselves why the Korean President is visiting Greenland of all places.
As so often before, this is about money.

China has de facto monopoly on mining particular kinds of rare soil that are used as a key part in electronics, windmills and electric cars. It so happens these minerals also exist in Greenland.
EU (with Denmark) has signed an agreement ensuring that the mining of these minerals does not end up under the control of China, that should help lowering the prices on the world market.
China has indeed shown interest!
From an economic point of view that could mean money to Greenland. The surplus Greenland generates will be deducted from the money send from DK to Greenland.
When and if the surplus exceeds the amount Greenland recieve from DK, then there will be a new negotiation in regards as to how to split the money. With a population of 60.000, of which up to a fifth are Danes, the Greenlanders themselves are not enough with know how, talent and education to control what is going on. They simply risk being sidelined.

From a protocol view: Normally the Korean head of state would drop by to say hello to the Danish head of state, i.e. Queen Margrethe. But Greenland is autonomous (*) and this is a visit to Greenland. Greenlands head of state is also QMII, but she is far away, so she has sent a representative, Frederik.
Who is very popular in Greenland, and therefore a welcome representative from them as well, but he has also developed a personal friendship with the Korean President, so.....

(*) Foreign policy and security, i.e. police and military is under the control of DK.

Last edited:
:previous: He sure is. :eek: Thanks Polyesco.

Presumably to:
A) Scare off polar bears.
B) To better be seen should he somehow get lost on the ice.
or C) Because these pants have pockets large enough for Frederik to wear mittens while keeping his hands in his pockets.

I really, really have to struggle hard not to add a remark about the exact reason why Frederik is seen here with his hands in his pockets. :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom