Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 2: October 2007 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
It talks about the bicycling marathon Frederik participated in last weekend. There is more info on the previous page :)

Last edited:
Was he there to give out awards, or did he receive one? The reason I ask is that he looked like he was receiving an award in one of the photos.

Was he there to give out awards, or did he receive one? The reason I ask is that he looked like he was receiving an award in one of the photos.
No, he didn't receive any. In that photo the director of the Arctic Institute just hands him the prize to present it to the winner.

Thank you, Hedvig! It was difficult to discern from the photo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am very impressed with Frederik. This sounds like an especially dangerous area that he visited. It is great to see that he truely cares about the Danish troops.

really dangerous, you could see he had a vest to protect him! I wonder if this is his idea? i admire him for this

I am very impressed with Frederik. This sounds like an especially dangerous area that he visited. It is great to see that he truely cares about the Danish troops.

It is the Helmand province - one of the Taliban strongholds and a place where e.g. Great Britain and Denmark have lost (too) many soldiers.

It is the Helmand province - one of the Taliban strongholds and a place where e.g. Great Britain and Denmark have lost (too) many soldiers.

Exactly but even though it's a dangerous place to go no need to praise Frederik for his bravery. It's simply his duty to do so, to show that he cares about soldiers risking their lives for their country. Other heirs went before him (eg Felipe) and Prince Harry even served as a soldier in Helmand province before being exposed by the media.

I'm sure that being next in line to the Danish throne, he would be in no danger. It's good to see him in his camouflage uniform, yum :whistling:

Exactly but even though it's a dangerous place to go no need to praise Frederik for his bravery. It's simply his duty to do so, to show that he cares about soldiers risking their lives for their country. Other heirs went before him (eg Felipe) and Prince Harry even served as a soldier in Helmand province before being exposed by the media.
Actually, I wasn't praising him, just offering some geographical information with an added personal view.

Was Felip in the Helmand province as well?

Actually, I wasn't praising him, just offering some geographical information with an added personal view.

Was Felip in the Helmand province as well?

My comment wasn't directed at you, Userdane :flowers:

I think Felipe went to Herat province where the majority of the Spanish troops are based.

A few pics from IBL
Prince Frederik with Søren Gade, Danish minister for defence, visits the Danish soldiers in Afghanistan, December 3 2008.
IBL
IBL
IBL

And today two more Danish soldiers were killed in the Helmand province. My thoughts goes to their families and friends in Denmark and their comrades in Afghanistan.

The two soldiers came from the unit CP Frederik and the Danish Defense Minister visited.

Out of respect for the two Danish soldiers, who was killed yesterday - CP Frederik has canceled The Royal Hunt, that should have been held today.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just removed several posts of a cat fight nature. Let's keep the claws retracted so we can all enjoy this discussion.

Thanks for your cooperation! :flowers:

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Will CP Frederik be attending the funeral of the Danish soldiers?

:previous: Fred has already demonstrated how important he feels the loss of those soldiers is. I hope that both he and Crown Princess Mary will attend such an important event. I know it is a little weird to use the word "event" but in a way is what it is, as it will enable the country to pay their respects for those who died for in service of their country. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom