Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events 2: October 2007 - September 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crown Prince Frederik held a speech at the launch of a health project "Smart
Living? Teenage Diabetes Awareness through Sport and Healthy Nutrition"
on June 15, 2010 in Daveyton township, east of Johannesburg.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** belga **

Judging by the pics in the Zimbio gallery, you'd think Denmark was winning :)

And may I just say that I got a hoot out of the Zimbio gallery 2, where Frederik was mistaken for German soccer alumni Lothar Matthäus???

While Crown Princess Mary and Prince Christian already arrived in
Stockholm today, Crown Prince Frederik still has a working-day today,
June 17. He attended the Forest and Nature Agency inauguration of
exercise facilities at the St. Dyrehave park in Hillerød. Here he tried
out one of his favourite disciplines, mountain biking:

Article with pics from billed-bladet:

** Rigsforstand på mountainbike: Se hvad Frederik laver **

("Regent of mountain biking: See what Frederik does")

Crown Prince Frederik attended a second event yesterday,
he opened the exhibition "Sharjah - Art from the Emirates"
at the Nationalmuseet Copenhagen, June 17, 2010:

** Pic ** ppe gallery **

Prince Frederik & Prince Joachim's last event has been moved to
The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 6
thread

BilledBladet has some really cute pictures of Frederik being hugged by a boy with Down's Syndrome - Billed-Bladet - Her fÃ¥r kronprins Frederik et uventet kram. The event was the opening of an exercise facility by the Danish Forest and Nature Agency. Apparently, the boy got so excited about seeing Frederik he just had to hug him repeatedly :wub: (click 'Næste' to see all the pics).

Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark (C) attends a commercial activity at a villa property in Shanghai, China, 28 June 2010.
Crown Prince Frederik will make his official appearance at a ceremony to celebrate Denmark National Day at the Shanghai World Expo on 29 June 2010.

ANP Gallery

Lovely photos, thanks for the link UserDane. This is one of the reasons I like Frederik, you can see he has a warm heart.

The photo's are so gorgeous. The young chap is really getting his money's worth :flowers: Green with envy :ermm:

Prior to the journey Crown Prince Frederik has given an interview
to a journalist from Xinhua News Agency in Copenhagen, June
24, 2010. Denmark and China should increasingly engage in more
cultural exchanges, Frederik said during that interview.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

** Article: Danish crown prince hopes for more cultural exchanges with China **

And another event he attended today:

Crown Prince Frederik shows a group of Chinese boys how to play
handball during a coaching clinic in Shanghai on June 28, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

It is wonderful that he is the next royal to go visit the EXPO.
He looks very handsome as always, but he needs a haircut.

What a nice surprise, Crown Prince Frederik has been in Wimbledon today!

** Pic **

My my my, sat in front of Terry Wogan and Cilla Black and what looks like Colin Firth.
I know he attended a tournament ages ago with Mary before his marriage I think, they were sharing an orange ice lolly if I can remember.

Wonderful to see him there, I doubt the people sat behind him no who he is.

My my my, sat in front of Terry Wogan and Cilla Black and what looks like Colin Firth.
I know he attended a tournament ages ago with Mary before his marriage I think, they were sharing an orange ice lolly if I can remember.

Wonderful to see him there, I doubt the people sat behind him no who he is.

You're thinking of the Australian Open in 2004 which Frederik and Mary attended together and there was pictures of them with icypoles. I'm not sure if they've attended Wimbledon together, they were in London one year around June-July but I can't remember exactly when.

Nice to see Frederik at the event though, it's a shame Caroline Wozniacki went out in the fourth round.

Summary of note in Billed Bladet #26, 2010.
I må nyde Harvard - Enjoy Harvard.
Written by Anna Johannesen.

For the seventeenth time Frederkik handed out grants at Amaliernborg from the Crown Prince Frederik Fund. Enabeling Louise Hjuler Mikkelsen and Steffen Møller to study for a year at Harvard. Both study political science at Copenhagen University.
- As subject Frederik is familiar with as he studied political science at Aarhus University.

Crown Prince Frederik has stayed in London for another day,
he also attended men's semi-final match at Wimbledon on
July 2nd, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Crown Prince Frederik has stayed in London for another day,
he also attended men's semi-final match at Wimbledon on
July 2nd, 2010:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Fred seems to be enjoying his time at the games. I wonder if he will stay for the finals.
Wouldve been nice to see Mary with him.

Good to know Frederik hasn't shaved his beard since he is gotten back to work. It doesn't look bad for a change.
Thanks for the pictures. Great seeing Fred at a tennis match, he seems to enjoy them.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/Artic...sketsjeren.aspx

Billed Bladet is quoting Frederik from saying (apparantly on a TV segment) about Christian: "My oldest, he likes to smash/hit and he is very eager I can tell, but I haven't formalized/formulated (initiated) any form of training for him yet - in any way or enrolled him into any club or training schedule - that must come within the next year or so".

Isabella is also encouraged to try tennis.

- Quotes by Frederik are often a challenge to translate and this is no exception. :p

Frederik is following Caroline Wozniacki and has done so for the past few years. Critics have claimed that her opponents in this tournament are below her standard, making this more a show for her. I don't know. Never understood tennis, I don't even get the rules. Badminton on the other and, now that's a sport. :cool:

But then Caroline isn't that bad to look at....

Thank you Muhler.
Great to know that maybe one day and very soon Christian & maybe Isabella will play/take up tennis lessons. Probably instead if riding Like Princess B's daughter we get a royal tennis player.
The link provided by Muhler has a photo gallery, looks like a few parents took their children, I know they look older than Christian but it would've been nice for him to attend if he does like the sport.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom