Crown Prince Frederik and Mary Donaldson, Current Events 1: September 2002 - May 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like that dress that Mary wore when she met Victoria. But perhaps it should have been more formal, I don't know. However, she looks rather skinny. I hope she isn't losing too much weight. She can be a buff bride but add some more muscle tone!

It's nice to see her smile naturally and she always look nice when she smiles

But I must say, I'm not a big fan of hunting for fun--it just seems cruel to me.

In the second picture down from the hunting pics, who is the woman Henrik is holding onto? At first I thought it was Mary, but on closer inspection, it is obviously not her.

And I agree sunlesstanning - Mary does seem much nicer and prettier when she smiles naturally, rather than the forced looking smile she had on her face the day of the engagement. (Although I imagine I would fake a smile, too, after several hours of posing for photographers!)

Mary looks as though she's enjoying herself more (the natural smile) and she looks quite nice! The tweeds and off-white pashimina/wrap are a good look for her.

mmmm ... I wonder if Mary got inducted into all the finer points of hunting ?
- beating the line (I did that once in Germany) to get the deer to run.
- helping Fred by holding his shooting piece.
- confirming the points on the antlers that Fred counted off on.
- supervising the cleaning (gutting and so on).
- a victory schapps :)

inny  Posted: Nov 19th, 2003 - 9:56 pm

What do they hunt?

Geez, why do people do that?
Deer is what they hunt. Naturally because there are no predators around, it helps to cull the herd to rid it of the weak or the soon to weakened. Boars are also hunted.

And in all likelihood you eat meat ..... so ?

It is still very popular to hunt deer and boar in Europe. For instance it is very popular to hunt boar on St. Hubertus Day in Poland. It's cultural and a way of getting friends together.

Originally posted by beebee@Nov 19th, 2003 - 9:52 pm
Boy...

I wish I had men in red uniforms to carry MY umbrella when it rains. :rolleyes:
Wouldn't it be nice?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Billie-jo,
Sorry i did not see this post earlier.You can get Point De Vue in australia at Angus and Robertson bookshops and certain newsagents in sydney for $8.75. Thanks Jani

The royals seems happy. It's nice that Mary is joining the activities of her future family. It's like they are close. Mary also looks stunning on those pictures.

How come Joachim and Alexandra were not present during the hunting? Were they very busy?? :(

beebee  Posted: Nov 19th, 2003 - 10:52 pm

I wish I had men in red uniforms to carry MY umbrella when it rains.
Aint that something !

... I noticed the one lad also had some medals on his chest ... does that mean holding an umbrella is his reward for having been in a dangerous place (Afghanistan) ?

paulette  Posted: Nov 22nd, 2003 - 4:05 am

How come Joachim and Alexandra were not present during the hunting? Were they very busy??
Maybe they didn't want to interfer with Fred and Mary ?

Last edited by a moderator:
:ermm: :important: These are early days - but you will have to get used to the idea - that there will be many, many royal events to come - where Prince Joachim and his wife Princess Alexandra will not be invited - whereas Crown Prince Frederik and the future Crown Princess Mary will attend.

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 22nd, 2003 - 1:41 pm
paulette   Posted: Nov 22nd, 2003 - 4:05 am

How come Joachim and Alexandra were not present during the hunting? Were they very busy??
Maybe they didn't want to interfer with Fred and Mary ?
or they just wanted to spend time at home with the kids... they have a family Frederik and MAry don´t

Perhaps hunting is a bit too brutal for the two young princes, perhaps that's why Joachim and Alex didn't go. Yerk... killing.... yes I think they are too young.

Kronprins Frederik og Mary til Grønland

Kronprins Frederik og Mary Donaldsons første officielle rejse går til Grønland. Sammen med dronning Margrethe og prins Henrik rejser det nygifte kronprinsepar i juni til Nuuk for at være med, når grønlænderne fejrer Hjemmestyrets 25 års jubilæum.

Hofchef Per Thornit siger til Ritzau, at hoffet sammen med Hjemmestyret i øjeblikket er i gang med at udarbejde et program for besøget. Foreløbig ligger det kun fast, at den kongelige familie skal være til stede ved jubilæumsfesten i Nuuk den 21. juni. Efter festlighederne skal kronprinsen og Mary sandsynligvis rejse rundt.

I Grønland glæder Landstingets formand, Jonathan Motzfeldt, sig over, at kronprinsen har valgt, at grønlænderne skal være de første, der får officielt besøg.

- Det er fantastisk glædeligt, at det er Grønland, kronprinsen og Mary Donaldson besøger først. Vi vil modtage dem på den bedst tænkelige måde. Majestæten og prins Henrik kender vi jo og har et godt forhold til. Det har vi også til kronprins Frederik og nu glæder vi os til at hilse på den nye kronprinsesse, siger Jonathan Motzfeldt til Ritzau.

www.jp.dk

Originally posted by royal_sophietje@Dec 10th, 2003 - 8:47 pm
They are going to Greenland??
The celebration mentioned in the article above is planned for 21.june 2004

The first job as a travelling royal for Crown Princess Mary.

Greenland? I feel sorry for Mary on that. After Greenland, it's on to Hobart! Now that's a long flight!

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 10th, 2003 - 9:24 pm
Greenland? I feel sorry for Mary on that. After Greenland, it's on to Hobart! Now that's a long flight!
Pleas give the girl a BREAK.
Yes they are going to Greenland an yes they way to Austraila are not to long BUT
give her a break she must haf som time to be a real dane and to lean to talk the languitch. ( i´m sorry bu my english are not so great,but i do my best)

I am all confused .... this Greenland trip and the Hobart trip ... is that before or after attendance at Felipe's wedding?

Originally posted by King Christian@Dec 11th, 2003 - 6:24 pm
I am all confused .... this Greenland trip and the Hobart trip ... is that before or after attendance at Felipe's wedding?
Dear King Christian.
I don´t think that Mary or Frederik are going to be atending the wedding of CW Felipe becaus it´s just 10 days sincs ther one wedding.
And the reason for not atending the wedding are that they are on ther honnymoon.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;) ;) ;) :heart: :heart: :flower: :flower:

They could take part of their honeymoon in Spain, couldn't they? And can't you do any "honeymoon" things just about anywhere? Spain would be beautiful to honeymoon in.

Originally posted by Dennism@Dec 11th, 2003 - 3:24 am
Greenland? I feel sorry for Mary on that. After Greenland, it's on to Hobart!
Where did you get that info ??

According to this news - Mary will go to Tasmania - sometime before her wedding.

Her sister Patricia plans her wedding january 2004 on Tasmania ...

TV Programme about Mary Donaldson gets green light - 12. december 2003

http://www.dr.dk/nyheder/fremmedsprog/Engl...rticleID=137634

BTW the Greenland celebration is planned for 21.june 2004.

Lady Jean, Mary attended the Nutcracker ballet 11.december - if that was the photo you referred to.

oh god.. can't believe that there will be a t.v programme about her... i don't think this is common in introducing a soon-to-be member of the royal family to the public. mm.. there seem to be some publicity stunt to increase her popularity but i think this is going to the extreme.. following her to tasmania and showing what she does for her daily routine in her princess training ?? this doesn't appeal to me at all.

Originally posted by andiemac@Dec 13th, 2003 - 3:27 pm
oh god..............  mm.. there seem to be some publicity stunt to increase her popularity but i think this is going to the extreme.. ......................this doesn't appeal to me at all.
Oh God. You are assuming a lot about the purpose of such a documentary. I would find it worthwhile as a documentary -- it might even improve the perception of the Danish royal family. It is highly likely that the real truth about the DRF's value to the general public is reflected in the comments about Mary, and maybe some of them are waking up to this probability.

Alexandra had something similar when she became engaged to Joachim. It seems normal to me. Even if Alexandra hadn't had one done of her, Mary, being the future crown princess, should have one even more because she is going to be the future queen. This has nothing to do with boosting her popularity. It's just something that the TV stations know the public will want, as well as, being something historically useful.

Originally posted by andiemac@Dec 13th, 2003 - 6:27 pm
oh god.. can't believe that there will be a t.v programme about her... i don't think this is common in introducing a soon-to-be member of the royal family to the public. mm.. there seem to be some publicity stunt to increase her popularity but i think this is going to the extreme.. following her to tasmania and showing what she does for her daily routine in her princess training ?? this doesn't appeal to me at all.
In Denmark it isn't taht unusual to do documentarys such as thid one. The royal family has allowed this type of documentary before when plannig big occations. I am sure it will be a very official documentary, we are not suposed to see Mary in private stiuations.

I think it's a nice way off showing the public what kind of work needs to done when preparing for a big royal wedding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom