Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: Sept 2012 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dress is excellent indeed, though I don't get the black waist section; it's strange. Oh well.

He looks so proud of her.

Mary receives the charity award for "her large social work and successful projects for socially vulnerable groups in the Mary Foundation, including her 'Stop violence against women' project." Described more detailed several times before in the threads here.

of course;):flowers:

A well deserved award imo.

some screen caps from tumblr

I see Mary is using an electronic translator (frederik is not) i guess for the german parts. does frederik speak german?
http://38.media.tumblr.com/8d80cb0e45f80b578848fcb2f879447a/tumblr_nezv1n0JLt1r2sn0vo3_500.png
http://38.media.tumblr.com/38f60549ab4100823bfb4f21075c1d11/tumblr_nezv1n0JLt1r2sn0vo1_500.png

on stage
http://38.media.tumblr.com/ea5095a7f1193b5fcfd605fb170ea800/tumblr_nf004xYECn1r2sn0vo8_500.png
http://33.media.tumblr.com/e92c51fea2f4e96a2d0cbe6a092e8d33/tumblr_nf004xYECn1r2sn0vo10_500.png

Some more pictures. I cant say this enough, Frederik looks so proud
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Mary+Arrivals+Bambi+Awards+fU7I-0sR86Ox.jpg
at the podium
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Mary+Bambi+Awards+Show+uZZQkE_rgU2x.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow !! A great look. And her best accessory is Fred. This how Princesses should look. I just love her look here. The Jesper Hovring gown is a real winner. I am so pleased for her to have this award as she has worked hard on behalf of the disadvantaged. And if anyone disagrees about her work they only have to trawl and READ ALL the previous threads for the last 10 years about how her work has evolved. If we leave everything to politicians to highlight then not much would get done would it!!

A dignified speech she gave there, eh?

She nailed that speech. And ued the time on the subject. She didn't look in her paper once single time. Her involvement in these projects is from the heart.

I'm a proud Dane here.

Last edited:

A very dignified speech, you could see that she spoke from the heart and knows a lot about the subject:flowers:

p.s. the Gemans always have to dub everything I had to strain my ears big time to hear her!*grumble grumble*:whistling:

I noticed that the announcer/writers played the fairytale card something fierce:/

Does Fred speak English, German, French, and Greenlandic? Any other languages?

:previous: He's actually not fluent in Kalaallisut (but one can't blame him for that, it's excruciatingly difficult to learn). He, like most other Danes, understand Swedish and Norwegian and can probably speak a little as well.

They both looked ravishing tonight. Frederik looked so proud of Mary – and rightfully so :wub:

Thanks Zelia for your answer. You all must be very tired in Denmark this late at night.

Mary looked stunning! That is such a beautiful dress.
It's so nice to see Frederik also attending this event.

Yes, yes, she looks lovely :) Fred is EXTREMELY handsome ;)
Most important of all is the recognition Mary has received for her hard work over the years as a fine ambassador, raising 4 children and wife. She is remarkable and is not just defined by her style choices but her commitment to important causes. Well done!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Daily Mail has an article. Didn't notice Mary was close to tripping though: Princess Mary nearly takes a tumble at Berlin's Bambi Awards | Daily Mail Online

Don't think Frederik needed "taming" rather someone to be there for, and he found one.

Despite having to compete with the ongoing coverage of Kim Kardashian's very generous behind the news about Mary have now reached DK as well: Så har man stil: Mary snubler til prisoverrækkelse - og bliver kaldt 'elegant' - Royale | www.bt.dk

The main focus being that Mary tripped, while recieving an award for something whatever... Sometimes you dispair.

There is a gallery too: Se alle billederne: Mary modtager stor pris i Tyskland | www.bt.dk

It's great that Mary is being recognized for her charity work. I had never heard of the Bambi award until now, but apparently it's quite prestigious. No wonder Frederik looks so proud!

They both look good (wonderful dress, very classy) and I'm glad she recovered from her near fall. But I do wonder about the very high heels that are in fashion now. They can't be good for the feet. We'll see what sort of shoes they'll be wearing in 10 years.

:previous: Thanks, Roskilde. :flowers:

Since they were walking to the right, it's clear that Frederik wanted the photographers to notice his wife, rather than just gesturing to move on.
Nice touch, eh?

Last edited:
i'm sorry but all i can see in this video of the arrival is mary following the cameras with her eyes. even in 0.45 as the chair for the night talks to her and welcomes her and frederik, she seems to be more interested in the people taking pictures of her and in posing for the pictures.
i find it rather inacceptable. i know i will now have the mary lovers jumping to my neck, but it's just so evident and disturbing. this is supposed to be about charity and accomplishments, not about personal alabation.

Kronprinsparret til Bambi Awards - YouTube

:previous: No you won't. :)

It's a question of interpretation I'd say. What I see and not least hear, is the photographers screaming for Mary's attention. - Frederik, not wearing a dress, doesn't get that much attention from the press...
So she's naturally looking at the cameras.

:previous: No you won't. :)

It's a question of interpretation I'd say. What I see and not least hear, is the photographers screaming for Mary's attention. - Frederik, not wearing a dress, doesn't get that much attention from the press...
Fred in a dress? :p CP Mary looked lovely last night and I'm glad she wore the magnificent earrings.

IMO the most "posing" that I saw from last night's footage came from those four Irishmen. Does anyone know who they are and why they were there?:D

Daily Mail has an article. Didn't notice Mary was close to tripping though: Princess Mary nearly takes a tumble at Berlin's Bambi Awards | Daily Mail Online

Don't think Frederik needed "taming" rather someone to be there for, and he found one.

Despite having to compete with the ongoing coverage of Kim Kardashian's very generous behind the news about Mary have now reached DK as well: Så har man stil: Mary snubler til prisoverrækkelse - og bliver kaldt 'elegant' - Royale | www.bt.dk

The main focus being that Mary tripped, while recieving an award for something whatever... Sometimes you dispair.

There is a gallery too: Se alle billederne: Mary modtager stor pris i Tyskland | www.bt.dk

Muhler!!! We need a "SLIP Inn" reference for the caption. :lol:

I read somewhere in German, that they posed very briefly to the press compared to most of the others on the red carpet. I think there was about 200 photographers +tv.

:previous: And, judging from the Bunte video, Mary didn't even give a brief interview afterwards like the other recipients did. Hardly a sign of attention-seeking behaviour.

Mary reacted like any other normal person would when being on a red carpet with a large number of photographers shouting out your name. It's natural to follow the cameras with your eyes – that is what the photographers want, it's what the red carpet is for (it must've be quite an upsetting feeling for the photographers if they'd come home with a handful pictures of the attendees looking everywhere else than at then cameras). And she did it gracefully, in my humble opinion. Obviously the attention is on her rather than on Frederik because she is the recipient of the BAMBI and I think it was noticeable how proud Frederik was at her.

i'm sorry but all i can see in this video of the arrival is mary following the cameras with her eyes. even in 0.45 as the chair for the night talks to her and welcomes her and frederik, she seems to be more interested in the people taking pictures of her and in posing for the pictures.
i find it rather inacceptable. i know i will now have the mary lovers jumping to my neck, but it's just so evident and disturbing. this is supposed to be about charity and accomplishments, not about personal alabation.

(...)

No jumping:flowers: but I'm not seeing what you're seeing. I hear her name being screamed around .45 and a look in the photogs direction but that's it.

Maybe if she had bent her head and looked at the ground ,she might have got it right for some ? It is a great honour for her,why should she not be pleased and proud,her husband was.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Well, it was a special and proud night for Mary and award ceremonies are very celebratory events - even charity ones. Now when i say it was a proud night for Mary, she may have felt a little pride for herself in what she has achieved, but judging by her beautiful speech, I should imagine her pride is in the charity and all those helped by it.

People often interpret things in different ways. It would be a different matter had Mary shoved Frederik out of the way and posed on her own in front of the cameras and made ridiculous poses whilst shouting "yes, I deserve this, look at me!!"

:previous: And, judging from the Bunte video, Mary didn't even give a brief interview afterwards like the other recipients did. Hardly a sign of attention-seeking behaviour.

Mary reacted like any other normal person would when being on a red carpet with a large number of photographers shouting out your name. It's natural to follow the cameras with your eyes – that is what the photographers want, it's what the red carpet is for (it must've be quite an upsetting feeling for the photographers if they'd come home with a handful pictures of the attendees looking everywhere else than at then cameras). And she did it gracefully, in my humble opinion. Obviously the attention is on her rather than on Frederik because she is the recipient of the BAMBI and I think it was noticeable how proud Frederik was at her.

Agree completely.
She walk the red carpet and with people shouting your name she was bond to look up.
what i really loved was how completely proud Frederik looked. I dont think there was a man happier.
and wow can he wear a tux or what? ;)

and since this is supposed to be about charity and accomplishments, I Loved that Mary's entire speech was on the issues at hand; violence and women rights. reading her speech and hearing her, she placed all the attention on the causes and not herself.

"I accept it in recognition of; all the champions of a world free of violence against women and girls and all those women, men, boys and girls who have broken the silence and cycle of violence.
And I accept this BAMBI Award as a ‘torch of hope’ for every woman and girl living in violence or the fear of violence.":flowers:

bravo Mary and bravo to Frederik for being a supportive and proud husband

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom