Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 8: Nov. 2008-Sep. 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't know that she jogged everyday. So that's how she keeps her beautiful figure! I think it is funny that the bodyguard can't jog with her.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pics 6.12.2008

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary arrived on the red
carpet Saturday Dec. 6, 2008 before the European Film Award
ceremony in Copenhagen, Denmark.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Wow! They look very glam! Were they just attending, or were they here to present an award?

They were just attending.

that dress she used when she was pregnant with Isabella.. ?

machine translation:

Queen Margrethe: Mary was not good enough

Margrethe tried as a matchmaker - after Mary had moved to Denmark, claiming noble German author of new book The Queen was not certain that Mary was the best of Frederick. It writes BT dag.Derfor Margrethe repeatedly tried to get her son to meet princess-themes, as with their blue blood would be more suitable wives than a 'bourgeois', Australian girl from Tasmania. It claims the German nobleman and journalist Alexander von Schönburg, who has written the book 'All this you did not know about kings, but you wanted to know ', writes BT According to him the queen was so keen that Frederik would marry a woman with blue blood on the arteries and Diadem in jewelry skrinet that one summer she decided to take matters into their own hands.

In the summer of 2003, the Queen Margrethe II of Denmark a last desperate attempt to get his son Frederick to grasp the interest of a stand-approved 'bride. Without telling him about his intentions, she invited more beautiful, young, unmarried princesses to Fredensborg Castle. Most of them came from Germany, writes Alexander von Schönburg, as the book stresses that kronprinsen certainly was not love to see her mother in the role of matchmaker.

At that time he was and Mary already solid par. When friends kept birthday, christenings or wedding, Mary stood as a matter of course also on the invitation, and although she was also well underway to prepare for his new life in Denmark. In a half years she had lived in an apartment at Langelinie, she went to the Danish and she had also met his future father-in-law.

But this summer, she was of good reasons not invited to the Fredensborg Castle, and it was a little dour crown prince, who met the princesses. - Kronprinsen through skuede his mother's level of resignation with the visits, spoke clearly reluctantly with the young ladies and withdrew as soon as possible under one pretext or another, writes von Schönburg, published in the book in Germany in October. Although he is a part of the nobles Thurner und Taxis family, which means he is far closer to the royal protagonists than most other writers.

SE og HØR - Dronning Margrethe: Mary var ikke fin nok

machine translation:

Kronprinsessan Mary inte fin nog! - Svensk Damtidning

Mary is not good enough for Frederik! Yes, so did Queen Margrethe who did everything to Elder son would find itself a European prinsessa.Avslöjandet come as a wet Crown Princess Mary who has done everything possible to both husband and the parents swear to be happy. - Mary is not good enough! Queen Margrethe was a coup to get his son to choose a more suitable wife. It reveals now noble man and journalist Alexander von Schönburg in the book 'Everything you did not know if the royals, but you would like to know. ' - The summer of 2003, Queen Margrethe a last desperate attempt to get his son Frederik to take an interest in a more capable professional woman. But to talk about their plans, she invited several beautiful, young unmarried princesses to the Peace Palace. Most came from Germany, writes von Schönborg.Kronprinsen stood by his transparent valFrederik his mother's plan, but obediently went to the reception and cold talked with the fine expect

machine translation:

Queen Margrethe: Mary was not good enough

Margrethe tried as a matchmaker - after Mary had moved to Denmark, claiming noble German author of new book The Queen was not certain that Mary was the best of Frederick. It writes BT dag.Derfor Margrethe repeatedly tried to get her son to meet princess-themes, as with their blue blood would be more suitable wives than a 'bourgeois', Australian girl from Tasmania. It claims the German nobleman and journalist Alexander von Schönburg, who has written the book 'All this you did not know about kings, but you wanted to know ', writes BT According to him the queen was so keen that Frederik would marry a woman with blue blood on the arteries and Diadem in jewelry skrinet that one summer she decided to take matters into their own hands.

In the summer of 2003, the Queen Margrethe II of Denmark a last desperate attempt to get his son Frederick to grasp the interest of a stand-approved 'bride. Without telling him about his intentions, she invited more beautiful, young, unmarried princesses to Fredensborg Castle. Most of them came from Germany, writes Alexander von Schönburg, as the book stresses that kronprinsen certainly was not love to see her mother in the role of matchmaker.

At that time he was and Mary already solid par. When friends kept birthday, christenings or wedding, Mary stood as a matter of course also on the invitation, and although she was also well underway to prepare for his new life in Denmark. In a half years she had lived in an apartment at Langelinie, she went to the Danish and she had also met his future father-in-law.

But this summer, she was of good reasons not invited to the Fredensborg Castle, and it was a little dour crown prince, who met the princesses. - Kronprinsen through skuede his mother's level of resignation with the visits, spoke clearly reluctantly with the young ladies and withdrew as soon as possible under one pretext or another, writes von Schönburg, published in the book in Germany in October. Although he is a part of the nobles Thurner und Taxis family, which means he is far closer to the royal protagonists than most other writers.

SE og HØR - Dronning Margrethe: Mary var ikke fin nok

I don't believe one word of this!

everything is possible, why not? as a mother probably she wanted her son married a bue blood wife! that the love of her son for mary made him strong enought to stand up for her is another story, but good for mary she proove her wrong, she is probably the best for fred!

Well, I think that the queen must to assume that Mary is her son´s wife, and IMO she must to accept her just for that.

Margrethe herself and most other Queens (eg Sofia of Spain) went through the same thing to get a suitable husband (in Sofia's case it even worked). I recall that Margrethe once stated that she hated this procedure and I pretty much doubt the story - Margrethe must still believe in Santa Claus if she truly believed her son could still fall in love with a royal bride at that stage. I believe she was happy with Mary from the beginning - a fresh girl from abroad and scandal-free (no underwear model, no singer), where is the problem?

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this article at all. Joachim did not marry a royal, and I don't recall ever hearing about this causing any strain in the family. There were other Scandinavian royals who married commoners before Frederik, so Frederik and Mary's relationship was not something that had never been seen before. It sounds like this author is using drama to try to sell more books.

Do you know where the author got his information? Was he close to the Danish royal family?

Wha an odd title for a book. About as capturing as the name of that movie, what was it called...'Snakes on a plane'?...:lol:

That happened when Fred and Mary were dating and before their wedding. So what's big deal? Every mother has some concern for their children's spouse. The author just wants to make money

Do you know where the author got his information? Was he close to the Danish royal family?

Probably he got it from his nieces, Maria Theresia and Elisabeth von Thurn & Taxis. They also had been invited to a hunt with Danish Royals earlier (2002)
If the story is now true or not, is an other question. As much as I recall it, he got the year wrong and wrote 2004, which is actually impossible (I hope...a mommy searching a wife for her son a couple of months after the wedding would be quite rare ;) )
So a few things are unclear and can be questioned here.

But the reaction of the press person (Lene Balleby) at the court isn´t wise either
Jeg har forhørt mig blandt kollegerne i huset og ingen mener dette er korrekt. Den påståede begivenhed er heller ikke registreret i kalenderoversigter fra året, så jeg er bange for at jeg ikke kan bekræfte, hvad von Schönburg mener, har fundet sted,« skriver Lene Balleby i en e-mail

I´ve asked colleagues in the house and no one else is believing, it is correct. The alleged incident isn´t noted in the calendar overview of the year, so I fear I can´t confirm, what Schönburg is believing to have taken place

If it had taken place, it probably was a private thing and wouldn´t be in the official calendar. If now e.g. some princesses would show pics of this funky meeting to the press, she would seem like an idiot.
It would have been better to have had a talk to the queen (After all the nonsense I´ve read over the years, I tend to believe European Royals never meet their press persons)...and/or to comment things with "no comment"

If the story is now true or not, is an other question. As much as I recall it, he got the year wrong and wrote 2004, which is actually impossible (I hope...a mommy searching a wife for her son a couple of months after the wedding would be quite rare ;) )

Yes :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

But the reaction of the press person (Lene Balleby) at the court isn´t wise either

No, not wise at all...................but stupid :lol::lol:

I don't know much about the world of PR, but I am shocked at the statement made by Lene Balleby. It just sounds so ignorant and strange. I would look in to hiring new PR people, if I was the DRF.

Sorry, but who is Anne? Is she a friend of CP Mary? I can't open the link. I get a message saying that the site is down.

:previous:
Anne is a young lady with a heart disease that Mary met at the grant presentation on the weekend.

Thank you, JessRulz. I think this is sweet that they have struck up a friendship since the grant presentation. I'm sure that Annie was delighted to receive a hug from Mary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom