Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news!!!!!! I can't wait for this event!!!!!!!!Hope Letizia and Felipe will be there too!!

Mary has never met Queen Elizabeth?

It is unlikely since there was no State Visit in recent years between Britain & Denmark and Queen Elizabeth II does not attend foreign royal gatherings but is represented by other family members.

TRH the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark will attend the Prince of Wales' 60th birthday celebrations at Buckingham Palace

:)

how exciting! i hope this will be a big royal event from representation from many houses. i imagine that if the princes of denmark got an invitation, other houses got similar ones.

I hope this birthday event is a grand affair! So that the ladies can wear their tiaras and beautiful dresses and we can get LOTS and LOTS of pictures!!

It is unlikely since there was no State Visit in recent years between Britain & Denmark and Queen Elizabeth II does not attend foreign royal gatherings but is represented by other family members.

Thank you, Duke of Marmalade. I assumed that Queen Elizabeth attended their wedding, but when I look back at the photos and videos, I do not see her.

Can we plese not flood this thread with discussion about P.Charles 60th birthday and who will & not attened and what Mary is going to wear, this is a current events thread. A thread will be created in the British forum where you can discuss the event.

Thank you :)

Mary has never met Queen Elizabeth?

She hasn't, at least officially! The thing is that we don't know if she has been introduced to the Queen and/or the Prince of Wales privately in the UK, but I seriously doubt it!

The POW did not attend their wedding in 2004 and chose to go to Mount Athos instead (if I remember correctly). The Danes were a bit miffed about this since he could attend the weddings of the other European crown princes. In Copenhagen the BRF was represented by the Earl and Countess of Wessex.

I don't know what's going on behind the palace doors; nothing indicates that there are strong bonds between the Danish and the British RFs these days. IMO this is just one of formal, obligatory invitations, or whatever the correct English idiom is :)!

Thanks for the explanation efraimsdotter! i guess i slhd have been more open-minded :flowers:

Hi,
I'm not Danish, but as a Swede living a few kilometres away from Denmark I think I can give you an answer. A band like that would normally have some swearwords in their lyrics, and if they are invited to play before royals they would not be expected to change their lyrics. I can't imagine anyone was shocked by this.

On the other hand, it would probably not have been appreciated if the singer had used swearwords when speaking directly to the royals. I know there were some discussions in the Danish media about the girl who got the culture prize this evening. She didn't use the correct royal titles in her speech, but simply said "Frederick and Mary". That was not really appropriate, although Frederik and Mary didn't show any reaction.

I love the photos of Frederik kissing Mary! Very sweet. Thanks for the links, Paty! They both look fantastic.

it's good to see her again! she looks a bit tired! certainly because of her military training of last week!

A TV clip from Jyllands Posten JPtv - JP tv. CP Mary receives the award.
thanks for this video! Crown prince Frederik seems to be very proud of his wife!!!

Could someone translate what she says in her speech please?

thanks for this video! Crown prince Frederik seems to be very proud of his wife!!!

Could someone translate what she says in her speech please?
Mary says, the award has come as a surprise to her. She feels very honoured having in mind all the others who have received it previously. The award is a great privilege and responsibility at the same time. She is happy that her work has been appreciated.

As this thread has reached 10 pages, it is now time to start a new thread. The new thread can be found here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom