Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 3: Oct. 2004 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dennism said:

Omtrentligt oversat:)

Deeply moved Mary: "My Life´s greatest agony"

Crown Princess Mary knows all about the suffering that a heart disease can bring. Her own mother died after a heart operation.

"Thanks for translating the article and so late at night for you too, Dennis"

Yes, a belated thanks for translating the article and so late at night for you too, Dennis :D It is much appreciated

Tinika said:
Mary looked wonderful in New York but now it's back to a bit of the frumpier style...she doesn't look too put-together at the film premiere.

Well I suppose I'm biased, but I see nothing frumpy about Mary's outfit. Shoes: simple but elegant; the black top: well its black, not too clingy but not too loose either... And skirt? Oooohhh to die for!!! :D :D Just gorgeous.... I want one please!

I have to agree though that there might have been some confusion about the dress code. Apparently the director was chastising everyone about not wearing a tie but then Fred comes along and he too didn't wear a tie!

Anyhooo.... oh yes, Mary = lovely. Mary never wears frumpy clothes, didn't you know ;)

Last edited:
I suppose it's the brown stockings that bother me.

Yeah, brunettes probably shouldn't wear basically all brown from head to toe. There's gotta be some style in there and some interesting use of color.

Thanks for all the pics. mary look wonderful except the collants...probably skin cloour stay better. She always wear opaks and dark, i belive make her look older and hevy.

I can't help it... I don't like her hair ... I wish she hadn't had layers cut in, she looks so much smoother with one length. (Do like the colour though! :D )

Princess Mary is someone with natural elegance who could make any outift look attaractive and elegant but the brown opaque stockings...
P.S. Love the heels!

Thanks for sharing this info and pictures with us GrandDuchess.

I just heard that Fredrick and MAry are buying a house in Tasmania!!

Lol, no I don't think they've bought a house or anything, but they said in the interview that they'd like to own a house in Tasmania and that its one of their "dreams" (awwww... they have all that money and they still dream of owning a house in Tassie)...

Last edited:
POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN HOME
#1 Real estate pic of a $1.08 million Queen Anne Federation mansion in Trevallyn near Launceston which might meet the royal wish list when Crown Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik look for their own piece of Tasmania during a visit next month. The royal couple today confirmed rumours they are considering the state of Tasmania for a "home away from home".

#2-4 Real estate handout of $1.85 million Musselroe House on Tasmania's north-east coast that estate agents think might meet the royal wish list.

Attachments

• POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN H.jpg
    POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN H.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 276
  • POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN_2.jpg
    POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN_2.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 246
  • POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN_3.jpg
    POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN_3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 259
  • POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN_4.jpg
    POTENTIAL ROYAL TASMANIAN_4.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 260
Mary longs for Tasmania

By The Copenhagen Post

Denmark´s Crown Princess Mary tells Australian media that she wants to buy a house on Tasmania´s coast and that her children will have a special bond to Australia.

Crown Princess Mary may have become a Danish citizen after she married Crown Prince Frederik, but her old homeland is still close to her heart. She told Australian media that she wanted to buy a house in Tasmania and hoped that her future children felt a strong bond to Australia.

"It would be wonderful to own a little piece of Tasmania," Mary told News Ltd. in an interview paving the way for the couple´s official visit to Australia later this month. "Perhaps something up the coast. I think it's something we dream of doing."

Media savvy Frederik said it was good to have a dream and that they would consider the option in years to come.

Mary admitted to missing Australia, particularly her family and friends.

"I miss the beauty of Australia and its funny personalities," she said. "If there was a nine-hour flight that would make it so much easier because, as it is, if you decide to go to Australia, you have to consider a minimum time being two weeks."

The couple said that when they started a family they would take their children frequently to Australia to experience their mother´s homeland.

"Well, the majority of my life has been as an Australian, so I think obviously those influences will be taught to our children," Mary said. "I think actually the Danes and Australians have very similar values, so I don't think we have many conflicts there in bringing up our children, or that they will have inconsistent value sets. I think naturally they will be partly Australian -- maybe I can't say that!"

The couple dodged any question about their plans to start a family.

"I think it'll happen when it's meant to happen," Mary said.

But the couple said they were looking forward to family life. Mary said children had provided some of her most touching moments as a princess, and recalled that two little girls had visited her in her office at Microsoft´s Danish subsidiary Navision, where she worked before her marriage.

"And the next day their father came into my office and he said I'm really sorry. He didn't know that his daughters had come to see me, he explained. But his youngest daughter was quite disappointed because there was no big dress, no tiara, you know. This image of me sitting beside my desk in this huge dress and tiara, that's what she'd expected to see. It's such a sweet image," Mary said.

Fred and Mary

Attachments

• 0,1658,417868,00.jpg
    0,1658,417868,00.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 407
  • m510.jpg
    m510.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 355
Visit to Thailand

The couple will attend a memorial with the Danish Prime Minister and relatives of the Danish tsunami victims in Khao Lak in Thailand on April 16th.

So they will make an Offical Visit to Thailand this April?

So this year Fred and Mary may miss the birthday celebration of Queen Margrethe? 16th April is Queen Margrethe's birthdaay.It's her 65th birthday this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
No thanks to Charles & Camilla's wedding!

Danish tabloid Billed Bladet writes that Fredrik and Mary have turned down an invitation to attend the wedding of the Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles in April. The invitation arrived while the couple was in Australia, and the answer has now been sent to England.

- The Crown Prince is in Greenland on the day of the wedding, and therefore both he and the Crown Princess have said no to the invitation, explains Lis M. Fredriksen, Director of Information at the Royal Court.

Sending any other representatives for the Danish Royal Family will not even be discussed, the invitation was personal, so no other members can be considered for it.

GrandDuchess said:
- The Crown Prince is in Greenland on the day of the wedding, and therefore both he and the Crown Princess have said no to the invitation, explains Lis M. Fredriksen, Director of Information at the Royal Court.

Sending any other representatives for the Danish Royal Family will not even be discussed, the invitation was personal, so no other members can be considered for it.

I'm surprised that the invitation was considered "personal" and that no one else from the Danish royal family will attend (such as Princecss Beneditke).

Mary wouldn't have a "personal" relationship yet with Charles and I don't think she's ever (formally at least) met Camilla. The relationship would therefor be between Charles and Frederik and other than being considered "peers" in their roles, I didn't think Charles and Frederik were actually friends?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don´t know, what I should think, when hearing this. I can only hope they (Frederik or even Charles own father) take their duties really seriously and that´s why they don´t come to the wedding. If it´s like this, maybe the engagement time was too short. When it would have been the regular 6-8 months, things could have been planned differently. Then again, when they don´t want to come, a long engagement period would have made the whole disaster (lack of guests...some...e.g Haakon and MM come...others not) even worse.

I understand the decision from Mary of not attending to the wedding. If we read her interview she made before her wedding, where she stressed that a marriage is something very serious and should last a lifetime (this didn't happen with Charles and Diana), we will understand why doens't she want to go to that wedding.

Regina said:
I understand the decision from Mary of not attending to the wedding. If we read her interview she made before her wedding, where she stressed that a marriage is something very serious and should last a lifetime (this didn't happen with Charles and Diana), we will understand why doens't she want to go to that wedding.

I appreciate that Mary takes marriage seriously but does that mean that she won't ever "associate" with anyone who is divorced? That would mean that she couldn't associate with her own brother-in-law Prince Joachim who will soon be divorced. And if she's performing a royal duty, will she not sit next to or shake hands with someone who is divorced?

And while Charles and Diana's marriage did not work out, as Camilla and Andrew Parker-Bowle's marriage, but we're talking about two different people being married: Charles and Camilla.

I think Mary taking marriage seriously and as a lifetime commitment is important but separate from the fact of why she will not attend Charles and Camilla's April 8 nuptials. She doesn't know Charles or Camilla and if Frederik, her only connection to Charles and Camilla is not there, then it would be not only rather lonely but also awkward for Mary to attend by herself. That fact is fine and sufficient reason not to attend; it shouldn't be mixed up and misconstrued with Mary's sentiments about marriage.

Alexandria said:
I'm surprised that the invitation was considered "personal" and that no one else from the Danish royal family will attend (such as Princecss Beneditke).

Mary wouldn't have a "personal" relationship yet with Charles and I don't think she's ever (formally at least) met Camilla. The relationship would therefor be between Charles and Frederik and other than being considered "peers" in their roles, I didn't think Charles and Frederik were actually friends?

Was Charles even at Mary and Fredrik's wedding? I remember the Wessexes but not Prince Charles.

Ennyllorac said:
Was Charles even at Mary and Fredrik's wedding? I remember the Wessexes but not Prince Charles.

A good point -- and I think you're right. Charles was not at Frederik and Mary's wedding though he did attend Felipe and Letizia's wedding the week after.

... So then Mary has never met Charles either then, and not just Camilla. If I were Mary then I wouldn't want to go to the wedding alone either -- who wants to go to a wedding when you know neither the bride nor the groom?

So only Norwegian Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit,Queen Beatrix,WA,Princess Maxima,Grand Duke Henri attend the Wedding.Maybe Fred and Mary have their own reason not to attend the Wedding.

Alexandria said:
... So then Mary has never met Charles either then, and not just Camilla. If I were Mary then I wouldn't want to go to the wedding alone either -- who wants to go to a wedding when you know neither the bride nor the groom?

And not many of the guests either?

Except for the days around the wedding, Mary hasn't really been to many of the Royal events where she would meet the "Royal Family". There haven't been many of those kind of events lately really.

You are speculating too much, people:) F & M not attending the wedding, doesn't have to be because they don't approve of it or Mary disaproving of divorces. You are laying too much into it:)

The one and only reason fot F & M not to attend the wedding, is that Frederik going on an sledge-expedition in Greenland. He is taking part in 1 or 2 weeks of the expedition. This sledge-expedition has been planned for months and is a reconsruction of an expedition done by a Dane Mylius-Erichsen in 1906-7. The Danish television DRTV is documenting the sledge-expedition, so we will see it in the future.
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=328994:fid=100021710/

The invitation probably was "personal" as in it maybe said "Dear Fred & Mary, we(C & C:) would be delighted to see..." and not "Dear Royal family of Denmark, we would be delighted if you could send someone...":)

BTW in the interview(Ninka) before the wedding, she was not talking about divorces in generel, but about her(& F's) comming marrige and that it would out of question/difficult for them to divorce because of thier position.

GrandDuchess said:
Danish tabloid Billed Bladet writes that Fredrik and Mary have turned down an invitation to attend the wedding of the Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles in April. The invitation arrived while the couple was in Australia, and the answer has now been sent to England.

I do understand why CP Frederik and Mary are not attending the wedding of Camilla and Charles. Usually, royals don't just cancel their scheduled appointment for the sake of another invitation which came later than the earlier scheduled one. I think his visit to Greenland has already been scheduled earlier than the wedding of Camilla and Charles. So, he has to go to Greenland.

And for CP Mary's side, I think she is already scheduled to do something by the time Camilla and Charles will get married. And I think she would prefer MAYBE to go to the wedding if her husband would come. Especially that she does not know yet personally or have met Charles and Camilla. Maybe she would have agreed to attend it if another member of the DRF was also invited. But maybe they also turned it down for very important reasons.

I think they are still sending their best wishes! =)

SCHEDULE OF ACTIVITIES (March 2005)

3/23/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsen er til stede ved åbning af VM i bueskydning, som afholdes i Gigantium, Olympiaparken, Aalborg, kl. 18.30.

3/30/05 - Som protektor for EM i bordtennis aflægger H.K.H. Kronprinsen besøg ved finalen i herrernes holdturnering, der afvikles i Atletion i Århus, kl. 19.00.

3/31/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsen til stede ved åbningsceremoni for Round Table møde i København mellem europæiske ombudsmænd, kl. 10.20.

3/31/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i overrækkelsen af MIA-prisen (Mangfoldighed i Arbejdslivet)2005 i Industriens Hus, "Glaspyramiden", København, kl. 15.50.

3/31/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i den hollandske ambassadørs gallamiddag på Kronborg Slot i anledning af 400 års diplomatiske forbindelser mellem Danmark og Holland, kl. 19.00.

Translation of the calendar for March:

paulette said:
3/23/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsen er til stede ved åbning af VM i bueskydning, som afholdes i Gigantium, Olympiaparken, Aalborg, kl. 18.30.
The Crown Prince will attend the opening of the World Championships in archery in Aalborg
paulette said:
3/30/05 - Som protektor for EM i bordtennis aflægger H.K.H. Kronprinsen besøg ved finalen i herrernes holdturnering, der afvikles i Atletion i Århus, kl. 19.00.
The Crown Prince will attend the final match in the European Championships in table tennis in Århus
paulette said:
3/31/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsen til stede ved åbningsceremoni for Round Table møde i København mellem europæiske ombudsmænd, kl. 10.20.
The Crown Prince will attend the opening ceremony for the Round Table meeting of all of the EU's ombudsman in Copenhagen
paulette said:
3/31/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i overrækkelsen af MIA-prisen (Mangfoldighed i Arbejdslivet)2005 i Industriens Hus, "Glaspyramiden", København, kl. 15.50.
The Crown Princess will attend the awarding of the Mia Prize (Diversity in the Working Life) in Copenhagen
paulette said:
3/31/05 - H.K.H. Kronprinsessen deltager i den hollandske ambassadørs gallamiddag på Kronborg Slot i anledning af 400 års diplomatiske forbindelser mellem Danmark og Holland, kl. 19.00.
The Crown Princess will attend the Dutch Ambassador's gala dinner at the Kronborg Castle, celebrating the 400th jubilee of diplomatic relations between Denmark and The Netherlands

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom