Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you everyone for posting the photos. I absolutely love the purple dress she wore. It's very different to what most people wear and I think that's good; people aren't used to seeing the same, boring things. I agree, that hair clip was too much and had to go.

Danielle =)

Mary is very elegant and she is better and better every day, but i have to confess that she have very rare things!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure if this was posted here. This is from an Australian newspaper "The Age":

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/09/15/1095221666231.html?oneclick=true

Fairytale princess delights

Two British knights, a dame, a prince and a smattering of dignitaries were upstaged yesterday by a young woman from Tasmania making her first official overseas trip as a royal.
The former Mary Donaldson won guests and onlookers alike at the British Library's launch of the bicentenary celebrations for Hans Christian Andersen, Denmark's most famous writer.

Crown Princess Mary joined her husband, Crown Prince Frederik, actor Sir Roger Moore and journalist Sir David Frost at the library's London headquarters near Kings Cross station as her husband appointed eight British Hans Christian Andersen ambassadors for next year's celebration for the children's author.

She told The Age she was "having a lovely trip" and was in fine health and spirits.

The ambassadors include Moore, Frost, the writer Dame Antonia Byatt, model-actress Elizabeth Hurley and actor Sir Derek Jacobi.

Crown Prince Frederik gave an approving wink to Moore who read to the gathering from Andersen's The Princess on the Pea about a prince's struggle to find his match. Clearly Frederik's quest is over.

Attachments

• denmark_narrowweb__200x291.jpeg
    denmark_narrowweb__200x291.jpeg
    15.4 KB · Views: 335
Chatleen said:
I must confess, that I absolutely love the dress. Actually maybe not the dress itself, but the dress as in the way it really suits Mary.

I really like, that she take some risks in her fashion choices, instead of just playing it safe

:)
I totally agree. She is very daring, takes risks in her choices and they DO pay off. She's looking very modern and has a unique, individual sense of style.

I give Mary kudos for trying something unique, but Hugo Boss or not, I really found that dress quite awful. Not the cut, which was much more flattering then what she wore to that wedding, but the fabric. But that's just my opinion and it seems others were quite taken with the dress.

I am curious to see what style she finally settles on; she's experimenting with so many different styles now it's hard to predict. But I would imagine that just as most women in the public eye do, she will eventually find a style that she feels fits her personality.

And how could I forget, I loved seeing her sans hats the entire two days. She looked so much younger.

Last edited:
lucys said:
And how could I forget, I loved seeing her sans hats the entire two days. She looked so much younger.
I am not a fan of the hats either. Some are really nice though, but she does wear them a lot. Is this a Danish thing?

A bit more info on the itinerary for the London visit. This was written before the actual trip took place, but it gives a good break-down of their activities:

Source: Copenhagen Post http://www.cphpost.dk/get/81647.html
Frederik and Mary gear up for England trip
13-9-2004

Crown Prince Frederik and Princess Mary will embark on their first official visit to England on Tuesday and Wednesday
The Crown Prince couple will get a first-hand glimpse at London's latest cultural initiatives as they pay their first official visit to England on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Frederik and Mary are slated to visit the world-famous Royal Academy for the grand opening of the institution's major autumn exhibition, including masterpieces on loan from the Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek in Copenhagen.

Prior to the opening at the Royal Academy in Piccadilly, Frederik and Mary will venture south of the Thames to visit the Tate Modern on Bankside, to visit a new installation by Danish-Icelandic artist Olafur Eliasson, followed by a private tour of the museum.

The couple will proceed to the Central City to meet with renowned architect Lord Norman Foster, who will show them around the so-called Swiss Re Tower, a glass skyscraper known popularly in England as "the gherkin."

After a brief pause in the tight-packed programme, Frederik and Mary will be the guests of honour at the gala opening of the Royal Academy show, where they will be joined by Culture Minister Brian Mikkelsen and his wife Eliane Wexsøe, as well as the Duke of Gloucester and Danish-born Duchess of Gloucester.

A gala dinner will be held after the opening ceremony and tour of the museum, and the Crown Prince couple will be presented with an artwork by Scottish painter John Ballany, an acquaintance of Mary's father, John Donaldson.

On Wednesday morning, Frederik and Mary will visit the British National Library in King's Cross to witness the British launch of the H.C. Andersen Bicentennial year, and official investiture of seven H.C. Andersen ambassadors, including actors Sir Derek Jacobi and Elizabeth Hurley.

Before an official luncheon and departure for Denmark on Wednesday afternoon, the couple will be treated to a reading of H.C. Andersen's tale "The Princess and the Pea" by a well-known British actor, whose identity is being kept closely guarded until Wednesday.

Last edited by a moderator:
lucys said:
I am curious to see what style she finally settles on; she's experimenting with so many different styles now it's hard to predict. But I would imagine that just as most women in the public eye do, she will eventually find a style that she feels fits her personality.
Whatever style she settles on I hope it exciting and that it truly reflects her.

I also would hope that it is never boring or predictable. I enjoy being surprised by her outfits. It would be a shame if she falls into a rut by wearing styles that are safe, predictable, and boring.

I think that it is great that Mary takes risks with her selection of clothing but the purple, white, gray and whatever other color dress is too busy. Looks like an ugly table cloth. The cut of the dress is very flattering but the material leaves a lot to be desired! :eek:

Here's a few more from ISIFA. There are some paparazzi shots too.

Attachments

• is_10196307.jpg
    is_10196307.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 530
  • is_10196309.jpg
    is_10196309.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 934
  • is_10196312.jpg
    is_10196312.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 486
  • is_10330875.jpg
    is_10330875.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 607
  • is_10330894.jpg
    is_10330894.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 674
  • is_10330944.jpg
    is_10330944.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 416
  • is_10330950.jpg
    is_10330950.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 427
One thing is for certain. Mary has great taste in shoes!

ennyllorac said:
One thing is for certain. Mary has great taste in shoes!
I was just thinking the same thing. I love her shoes. They are never awful (well, I haven't seen any that I don't like) and they always go with what she wears really well.

Mary on her day off in London

Attachments

• marylondon.bmp
    138.8 KB · Views: 350
Some more pics of the couple.

And others

So,now are we sure exactly that Mary is pregnant?

Attachments

• 51307486.jpg
    51307486.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 399
  • 51307473.jpg
    51307473.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 383
  • 51307494.jpg
    51307494.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 393
  • 51308416.jpg
    51308416.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 277
LONDON - SEPTEMBER 14: (EMBARGOED FOR PUBLICATION IN UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS UNTIL 48 HOURS AFTER CREATE DATE AND TIME) Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary attend a private view and reception for a new show "Ancient Art To Post-Impressionism" at the Royal Academy of Arts on September 14, 2004 in London. (Photo by Dave Benett/Getty Images)

Attachments

• 123copy.jpg
    123copy.jpg
    195.5 KB · Views: 773
  • 4342copy.jpg
    4342copy.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 312
  • 51308415.jpg
    51308415.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 51308340.jpg
    51308340.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 275
  • 51308394.jpg
    51308394.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 600
  • 5344copy.jpg
    5344copy.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 622
  • 21123copy.jpg
    21123copy.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 1,422
  • 64564copy.jpg
    64564copy.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 1,061
HMQueenElizabethII said:
So,now are we sure exactly that Mary is pregnant?
You think so? I was thinking she looks skinnier then ever in these London photos.

ennyllorac said:
I think that it is great that Mary takes risks with her selection of clothing but the purple, white, gray and whatever other color dress is too busy. Looks like an ugly table cloth. The cut of the dress is very flattering but the material leaves a lot to be desired! :eek:
I hate to say it but the dress pattern does look like an ugly table cloth. The cut is very good but the pattern just kills it. Being a fashion risk taker is great but sometimes the end result to just :eek: .

I also agree that Mary has fantastic taste in shoes. I love her shoes...

From HELLO!

16 SEPTEMBER 2004

With her broad smile, killer-heel pumps and gleaming mane swept back by the breeze, Princess Mary of Denmark looked every inch the poised young royal as she stepped out for an exhibition opening in London this week.

Before tying the knot with Crown Prince Frederik earlier this year the former marketing executive undertook a series of courses to prepare for her new role. And there was no doubting her studies had paid off as she accompanied her husband to the opening of a new exhibition of works from Copenhagen’s Ny Carlsberg Glyptotek at the Royal Academy in London.

Wearing a brilliantly patterned silk sheath in purple and grey, the sylph-like princess – who also slimmed down in preparation for stepping into the limelight – cut a striking figure.

Before meeting her prince, and convinced that "life was passing her by", Mary signed up with a self-improvement school in her native Oz where she was taught poise, postural alignment and fluidity of movement. Her communication skills and self-esteem were also developed.

Teresa Page, who runs the Sydney academy, says she helped her new pupil to “embrace the limelight”, and adds: "She is an amazing transformation.”

Those catching a glimpse of the confidently elegant newlywed this week must surely agree.

Great article Julia! Isn't it amazing how many people like to take the credit for a rising star's talents or crown princess in this case?;)

Mandy said:
Great article Julia! Isn't it amazing how many people like to take the credit for a rising star's talents or crown princess in this case?;)
It really is amazing! ;)

I hate how superficial and dumb these Hello articles can be. The one above makes it sound like Mary didnt know how to behave properly before she took those deportment classes.

That's the ugliest dress I've ever seen...the flowers and the purple...ness don't go together, at least with that background.

The Infamous Purple Dress

I quite liked the dress as well. Kudos to the person who figured out it was a Hugo Boss Design. I found the dress on their website: www.hugoboss.com

The dress is under Boss Woman and then Black (in the english version)

i still kinda like it...i also think the swirly pattern dress would've looked nice if not alone then with the jacket.

tell me please

Do you know what parfume Mary wear???

The best

Mary is the most beautiful

Mary is the best dressed woman

Mary is the best princess

Mary is the most professional

Mary is the best in EVERY thing
:p

PS: I am not from Denmark though

hiya
She did them in Australia, sorry im new here and my posts end-up in funny places hope i soon get better, I wanted to say the classes you were asking about Mary did them in Australia.
I would like to know what Mary smell like?????????

Last edited:
Well, if it true that the trip to Japan is cancelled, then it could be true :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom