Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alexandria said:
Courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, close ups of Frederik and Mary attending the wedding:
Great pictures! Thanks. They look very happy.

Thank you Mandy!

Three more, courtesy of Polfoto. Mary looks particularly good in the one where she is by herself.

Attachments

• wedding-2.jpg
    wedding-2.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 433
  • wedding-3.jpg
    wedding-3.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 320
  • wedding-1.jpg
    wedding-1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,089
I will say it again, Crown Prince Frederik looks extremely Handsome (IMO one of his Best Photos) and Crown Princess Mary look georgous. I really like her dress!

Thanks Alexandria:)

Baby rumours gaining momentum (can anyone tell me how to post thumbnails?). Here's this week's cover of Woolworth's Fresh magazine:

gr_cover040920_large.jpg

Excerpt provided by the people from Fresh magazine (go to their website and buy the magazine if you want to see the article, or to CP Mary MB for other people's comments on this article :)).

Mary's pregnant!

Princess Mary is ready to give the Danish palace what it really wants – an heir to the throne
It’s the news we’ve been waiting for – Danish royal family insiders say Princess Mary is pregnant.

Fresh can reveal that Mary and her husband Prince Frederik have cancelled a planned state visit to Japan in November, sparking fevered speculation in Copenhagen.

Courtiers tried to play down the significance of the couple withdrawing from the visit with Queen Margrethe and her husband Prince Henrik. An official spokeswoman said: “They were never going to Japan. It will just be the Queen and Prince Henrik.”

But earlier in the year Lord Chamberlain to Prince Frederik, Per Thornit, who has been grooming Mary, said they would be on the tour.

Last edited:
Of course these are subject to change;)
From the CPME MB:

On Saturday October 9th- The Crown Princess will launch the opening of a new highway in North-South Jylland.

On Monday November 15th-The Crown Princess will present at the Danish Center for International Cooperation and Mobility in Education and Training.

According to the official website :

Crown Prince Frederik will be regent from Sunday September 26th to Sunday October 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jasl said:
...Courtiers tried to play down the significance of the couple withdrawing from the visit with Queen Margrethe and her husband Prince Henrik. An official spokeswoman said: “They were never going to Japan. It will just be the Queen and Prince Henrik.”...
We atually think that's right - we don't remember it being said that they were!!!

And we think it's kinda funny 'cause there isn't really rumours in the Danish magazines - but there is in magazines from foreign countries :D

DKgirls said:
We atually think that's right - we don't remember it being said that they were!!!

And we think it's kinda funny 'cause there isn't really rumours in the Danish magazines - but there is in magazines from foreign countries :D
I think, the Danish magazines have learned their lesson - as I remember it, Princess Alexandra was pregnant every week from the wedding day until she actually officially announced her first pregnancy :p It was just like in the dating days of Mary and Frederik - one media launched the "news" on an upcoming engagement, and then everyone else jumped into the hyper-media-thing ;) :D

Chatleen said:
I think, the Danish magazines have learned their lesson - as I remember it, Princess Alexandra was pregnant every week from the wedding day until she actually officially announced her first pregnancy :p It was just like in the dating days of Mary and Frederik - one media launched the "news" on an upcoming engagement, and then everyone else jumped into the hyper-media-thing ;) :D
Yeah - and don't get us wrong, it's great that they don't have all the rumours anymore :)

And btw, we really like Mary's dress!!!! It's so elegant, but also modern and so!

i heard the rumours too that Mary is Pregnant, well if she is Good Luck to them both if not , we will find out sooner or later

If she is, they're probably waiting until the end of the first trimester to announce it. These things are tricky with the highest incidences of miscarriages occurring at that time.

Today new pictures op Polfoto.dk !!!!!

The pictures...IMO Mary´s dress is unusual (for a princess), but I love it.

Attachments

• mary1.jpg
    mary1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 324
  • Mary2.jpg
    Mary2.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 332
  • mary3.jpg
    mary3.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 362
Lena said:
The pictures...IMO Mary´s dress is unusual (for a princess), but I love it.
It is unusual Lena but it suits her.

Last edited:
Wow, Mary and Frederik looks great - we don't like the pattern on her dress, but the dress itself is nice and it suits her!!!

Very unique dress....interesting design and colours. Not my cup of tea but interesting all the same.

Is it just me or does Mary's stylist seem a little too taken with the 60s?

Thanks for posting the pics, Lena!

Last edited:
I must confess, that I absolutely love the dress. Actually maybe not the dress itself, but the dress as in the way it really suits Mary.

I really like, that she take some risks in her fashion choices, instead of just playing it safe

:)

Last edited:
I really love the colour of the dress!! Not a big fan of the hairclip and the grey thing around her waist, so I modified the pic (couldn't help myelf!)

Attachments

• ModAP509004_guest.JPG
    ModAP509004_guest.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 257
Last edited:
The pattern is a bit too bold and busy for my taste, but the retro-inspired print with the hair that is done as a bouffant do might be done (minus the pouffiness) reminds me of the 60s.

You know the old saying when it comes to accesorizing "first thing that catches your eye needs to go"? That's what Mary should have done with the hair barette.

Yes,very unique dress:) It does suit her well. I certainly could not pull it off.
Love the Shoes!

i also think the dress' design in quite nice (however, not the best one) but the pattern is just awful.
i loved the earrings.

I think she looks lovely! I like the dress, I couldn't wear it but it suits her and I even like the barette!!

Julia said:
You know the old saying when it comes to accesorizing "first thing that catches your eye needs to go"? That's what Mary should have done with the hair barette.
I have to agree. I have serious issues it! But... if she wants to wear it, then she should. Whatever makes her happy :)

Danish Royals Attend Hans Christian Andersen 2005 Launch LONDON - SEPTEMBER 15: Crown Prince and the Crown Princess of Denmark attend the Hans Christian Andersen 2005 worldwide celebration of the work and life of the famous Danish storyteller and poet, at the British Library on September 15, 2004 in London. This is the Danish royal couple's first official foreign visit since their marriage in October 2003

They got married in October???? What the HECK was I watching this May then???

Attachments

• 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 443
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 353
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 536
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 481
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 410
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 447
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 1,130
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 465
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 439
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 557
Mary looks very nice in this outfit and her hair is perfect. She should do this kind of hairstyle more often. Really beautiful!

I have to admit I absolutly love Marys style. I think until now she has choosen very well. There's not one single outfit I wouldn't wear. Fantastic taste!!! ;)

Yes..I do like her hairstyle this time...She looks more modern..Before, with previous hairstyles, she always reminds me of my grand mother's time..

I'm looking for a picture of them two standing infront of, I think it's Fredensborg castle. Can anybody help me?? Mary is wearing a Cap and scarf... Love this picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom