Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 2: May - October 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that Mary wore this hat again because she could; she had it lying around, so she tried to mix and match it with what she had. I don't think this hat was bought separately from the Langelinie outfit (for the military march thing). It matches that outift perfectly but is very hard to match with other clothes.

But that's Mary, it seems; prepared to mix and match pieces as opposed to wearing the same outfit from head to toe like some do (which is an utter waste of clothes IMO coz there's so many possibilities! utter and complete waste....)

But if I had to pick my most favourite, it would have to be the Odense hat! I'm looking forward to seeing this hat again! Just absolutely wonderful... for some reason it reminds me of chocolate swirls in vanilla ice-creams!

217060-caa55a6eb77f817018818aa6a245f291.jpeg

Last edited:
About hats in general: A lot of the royal ladies mix their outfits with hats on official visits and stuff like that, I rarely find any of the hats particularly nice, but couldn't it be, that it's simply part of protocol to wear hats?

I didn't like Marys hat, but I loved the rest of her outfit - I usesually do.

Thank you for the pictures, Leon.
Mary seems to loosen up more and more...she looks relaxed and happy.
I can´t decide if I like the outfit (the colours go with her natural look/coloring) or if I should ask, if she has chosen to wear her bathrobe for today ;)

I agree with you about her looking relaxed and happy. I personally like the outfit. The print looks nice, paired with the solid beige color. I also love this hat, which she has worn before on the Greenland visit. :)

I personally rather fancy the jacket myself. The print and colours are bold and bright -- reminds me of fall -- and for all the complaints I've read about Mary wearing beige, this is certainly the best of both worlds right? As Alisa said, some beige in the jacket but also some bold colours to perk it up.

She does look relaxed, but that outfit is, well, not my favorite shall we say.

Leon, thanks for the pictures!
We saw a clip from it on the News, it looked like she had a great time and enjoyed it!!!
But not our favorite outfit either.....though we like the dress she's wearing underneath the jacket :)

Like always a perfect hat but the rest of the outif i need to thing, look the rest maibe........................... Thanks for the pics Leon you are a swet .

i agree, micas. i liked the hat, but that coat was awful...

I don't really care for the coat, but the hat is nice. Actually the coat does remind me of something Princess Maxima of the Netherlands might wear.

Actually, I like the whole ensemble. The jacket with the plain white dress has a nice contrast and is quite colorful without going overboard. The hat was a very nice touch too.

do you think so? i thought she dressed better after the wedding....

Mary definitely has a unique style compared to other Royals a mix of the modern and the traditional ^__^ and so far she hasn't had some really large fashion blunders ^__^

Frederik And Mary News Photos: September 2004 - October 2004

Polfoto 11-09-2004 Sikkerheden var på plads ved Husby kirke på Vestfyn, lørdag, da lensgreve Bendt Wedell og Pernille Poulsen blev viet. Årsagen var naturligvis kronprnsparrets deltagelse i brylluppet.

Attachments

• CH093508.jpg
    CH093508.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 4,704
  • CH101935.jpg
    CH101935.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,355
  • CH101936.jpg
    CH101936.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 1,691
  • CH101974.jpg
    CH101974.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 2,281
  • CH101975.jpg
    CH101975.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 3,029
  • wedding.jpg
    wedding.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 2,493
Thank you for the pics, Alexandria
In the very first moment I´ve thought that there is a little "knoll" on Mary´s belly...so as if she would have carried a little prince(ss) with her to this wedding ;) But on the second look it looks flat as usual.
Great dress...very feminine

Alexandria said:
Polfoto 11-09-2004 Sikkerheden var på plads ved Husby kirke på Vestfyn, lørdag, da lensgreve Bendt Wedell og Pernille Poulsen blev viet. Årsagen var naturligvis kronprnsparrets deltagelse i brylluppet.
\

Whose wedding? The bride looks very unhappy

yeadonite said:
\

Whose wedding? The bride looks very unhappy
Bendt Wedell and Pernille Poulsen's wedding.

I don't know who they are though. Friends of Frederik and Mary's? A member of the goverment or someone of importance in Denmark?

According to "Stig" on the SRMB Bendt is the biggest private land owner in Denmark (he owns 2 castles named Frijsenborg and Wedellsborg). Two of Bendt´s great-grandfathers were ministers for foreign affairs and his paternal grandmother was the highest ranked laidy-in-waiting at the danish court.
Bendt and his family are very close to the RF. He sometimes goes hunting with Frederik and Joachim...and his mother is close to Queen Margrethe.

And yes, the bride looks unhappy.

Nice pictures Alexandria and Jasl. I thought Mary looked pregnant at first too Lena. She still looks lovely.:)

The bride's dress, or at least the top part of it, sort of reminds me of the top of Mary's wedding dress. Perhaps she was inspired by Mary's dress?

Thanks for the info on who the bridal couple are Lena.

Alexandria said:
The bride's dress, or at least the top part of it, sort of reminds me of the top of Mary's wedding dress.
Yeah I thought that too! The flowers kinda look the same as well - sans the eucalyptus. Maybe a lot of Danish brides are walking down the aisles in this kind of dress.

Notice Mary's earrings too - reminds me very much of the earrings from Queen Ingrid's ruby parure :)

wasnt this girl still blond at the wedding of mary and frederik? i think there is a pictures on the scandinavian royal message board.

??

Courtesy of the Glittering Royal Events MB, close ups of Frederik and Mary attending the wedding:

249339-5801f7ad1d50eb5aee45e5ea1be0efc8.jpeg

249337-1c8612566b696451eecb6e3e0bbf80b6.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom