Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alex: Bekymret for Nikolais ”venner på Internettet” - MSN Starlounge

Alexandra says that she is worried about the dangers that exist concerning her children that didn't exist when she was young, such as meeting 'friends' online - and also admitted that 9 year-old Nikolai knows more about computers than she does - although she does have a website and sends emails.

The photos are form an engagement at the church in Christianshavn on Sunday, form which the charitable organisation Mermaid received funds.

She's also on the front cover of Her og Nu:
http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_5008.jpg

I think the story's just about her being more financially prudent than Joachim, who has just borrowed 7 million DKK, whilst her finances are fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is not Marie's thread, but I will mention that some people may have trouble speaking a language, but may still understand what is being said to them. I have trouble speaking German, but I understand 90% of what is said to me.

This is not a thread about language learning or related stuff.
But I am quite sure if Marie understood 90% of what Alexandra said in the interview, she would be able to make a short 3 minute speech.
Your case happens more often for people who have learned a language for a long time, but do not have chances to practice speaking.
I don´t think this is Marie´s case. She lives in Danmark, has a Danish husband, she has the best environment to learn Danish.
However, I doubt if Joachim speaks French with her all the time.

Does the Countess get reimbursed for her expenses when she travels for her charities? I would find it unfair if she continues with the obligations involved and having to personally absorb the costs of travelling etc.

Does the Countess get reimbursed for her expenses when she travels for her charities? I would find it unfair if she continues with the obligations involved and having to personally absorb the costs of travelling etc.
Being a Patron is a volunteer activity. I would be very surprised if anyone was reimbursed for expenses. One of the reason that royalty and other well to do persons are patrons is because they can afford to support the organizations.

I don't think so - I think she just pays out of her personal money, but I'm not sure...

I don't think so - I think she just pays out of her personal money, but I'm not sure...

When she was a member of the Royal Family it would be different. However if she is expected to continue the duties of an ex member but having to pay for the expenses herself, it would become quite expensive.

Countess Alexandra gets a sum of money from the Danish state every year, the law was passed back in 2004 or so and she will get this allocation for the rest of her life. I think it's close to 2 million DKK now and this is enough to keep her provided for and for her to be able to continue supporting her charities etc.

Countess Alexandra gets a sum of money from the Danish state every year, the law was passed back in 2004 or so and she will get this allocation for the rest of her life. I think it's close to 2 million DKK now and this is enough to keep her provided for and for her to be able to continue supporting her charities etc.

Thank you GrandDuchess. That sounds fair. I was just wondering since she seems quite busy with her charities.

alexandra looked so lovely in the concert! those shoes were lovely. it's nice to see her around. does she still have a close relationship with her ex in-laws?

Giov has posted over in the Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix thread the pictures of Alexandra with her children on their last day of school.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=869454&postcount=157

There are more photos and an article here about how Alexandra attended the school Christmas performance and that the Countess is going to be celebrating Christmas this year without her sons, as they will be with the rest of the Royal Family.

Is this the first Christmas that Alexandra has spent without her sons?

Is this the first Christmas that Alexandra has spent without her sons?

No, it's just the article making it sound like it is. They apparently alternate every year.

Billed-Bladet - Joachim fældede et juletræ til Alexandra
This article is about how Joachim has felled a 'big, beautiful Christmas tree" as a gift for Alexandra.

There are also more photos here of her reading stories to the children at the hospital here (basically the same as the ones we've already seen):
Fotogalleri: Midtjydske medier - Nyheder om Århus, Randers, Østjylland

No, it's just the article making it sound like it is. They apparently alternate every year.

I agree. My impression from this article is that she has never been without the boys at Christmas time. The article made it sound like this will be a traumatic thing for her.:nonono: Anything to create drama out of nothing seems to be the motto for the media when discussing Alexandra.

I agree. My impression from this article is that she has never been without the boys at Christmas time. The article made it sound like this will be a traumatic thing for her.:nonono: Anything to create drama out of nothing seems to be the motto for the media when discussing Alexandra.
Well, actually not only when discussing Alexandra, but generally when discussing celebrity.

Alexandra celebrated the 40th brithday of her designer friend Charlotte Sparre last night. (Joachim & Marie were also invited, but were busy and couldn't come)
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=42151 translated by GramTrans
Alexandra slog sig løs på dansegulvet

And, as usual, Alexandra apparently couldn't keep off the dancefloor - she seems to love dancing; every time there's an article about her attending a party, it mentions how she couldn't stop dancing!:lol:

TV 2 Vip - Har Alex hemmelige juleplaner?
There's an article here speculating on the Alexandra's Christmas plans - according to them, she could either:
1. Go to Vienna to be with her sisters and parents
2. Go to Valby to celebrate Christmas with Martin's parents, brothers and sisters and nieces and nephews.

However, when they asked her, she said nothing apart from "We hold our own Christmas."

Has there been any news regarding how she spent her Christmas?

I've done a search, but there's nothing out there that I can find sgl.

Thanks, Alex001. I have also tried searching, but was unsuccessful. Actually, she probably enjoyed having a private Christmas, away from the spotlight.

I don't know if rumors are allowed in here, since Im new to the boards. But, HerogNu says: Baby to come, Alexandra's happiness. :-D The royal horoscope.

HER&NU :: Forside To the left.

Alexandra's suprise for the boys: Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix will probably become bigbrothers TWICE next year. :-D

I really hope that she is pregnant. :-D, I might get the magazine, then I can tell you the whole "Story". :-D

I don't know if rumors are allowed in here, since Im new to the boards. But, HerogNu says: Baby to come, Alexandra's happiness. :-D The royal horoscope.

As you are refering to an article in Her & Nu I can't find anything wrong in posting a rumor like that - even if it is about a prediction in a horoscop.

Personally I don't find any values in horoscopes which is why I don't belive in the prediction.

Okay. )It's just weird to write English, when I know we both understand Danish. :-D

Hi Sarah Maria, and welcome!

You can always send a PM in Danish when you get the urge! :flowers:
Viv

SE og HØR - Grevinde Alexandra: Nytår med drengene

I'm not sure if I fully understand what the translator gave me, but my understanding is that this article is about:
- The Countess celebrated New Year with her children and Martin yb setting off fireworks (apparently with protective goggles on, which I've never seen anybody use with fireworks before :nonono: )
- She's made her New Year's resolution: to live healthily and get plenty of exercise
- As patron of the Danish Association of the Blind she attended the 200th birthday of Louis Braille, who invented Braille script. The event was a concert by two blind organists and trumpeteer. This is apparently the first in a long series of events across the country to mark this anniversary. There is a picture here from the Association's website.

There's also an announcement here (http://www.fyens.dk/article/1155729:Ekstra--Fokus-paa-Alexandra) that, on the 31st January, Alexandra will open the 'depth and activity exhibition' called 'Clumsy Hans' at the Tinderbox.

Thank you for the link, Alex001! I am glad to hear that she spent the New Year with her children. I couldn't help but laugh at the bit about the protective safety goggles. I have also never heard of anyone wearing goggles during fireworks, but perhaps the magazine was attempting to promote safety (lol).

I couldn't help but laugh at the bit about the protective safety goggles. I have also never heard of anyone wearing goggles during fireworks, but perhaps the magazine was attempting to promote safety (lol).
Are you serious that you have never heard of it? Every responsible parent in Denmark gives his or her child safety googles - or safty glasses on - before allowing them to watch fireworks. I have been using that for my own kids for at least 15 years - they are not allowed to go into the streets to watch the fireworks otherwise.
There used to be so many incidents of horrible eye damage each new year - often on kids and young people - and the use of eye safety glasses have reduced it significantly.

(apparently with protective goggles on, which I've never seen anybody use with fireworks before :nonono: )

That is very very common in Denmark. They are used to prevent damages to the eyes and it is a very good precaution. Before they got into common use, many children got eye-damages when setting of fireworks at newyears eve . Today that kind of damage only very seldom appears.

Are you serious that you have never heard of it? Every responsible parent in Denmark gives his or her child safety googles.
Lilla said:
That is very very common in Denmark.
Really? Wow, I never heard of this either. No one does that here. Cultural differences... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom