Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
But I would not imagine that they have any control over her activities. She is now considered a private citizen as far as I am aware.

Apart form her children, which she would not be allowerd to take out of Denmark without permission, and never to live, I don't think that they can really tell her anything. Her allowance is hers, and i doubt that they can tell her what to do with that either. At least, that is what I think.

You may be absolutely correct, I do not know. I would suspect that if she ever did (which I highly doubt) anything that may embarass the royal family in any way, they would intervene. This is why I think the interview was cleared beforehand. Then again I may be totally wrong.
Does Martin still work as a photographer? Is Alexandra employed in any way?

Martin does still work as a photographer (which must be nice for him having such a high profile wife who can get him into other events!) And if I recall correctly, Alexandra is on the board of a pharmaceutical company now. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Martin does still work as a photographer (which must be nice for him having such a high profile wife who can get him into other events!) And if I recall correctly, Alexandra is on the board of a pharmaceutical company now. If I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Thank you Empress. She is also involved with a lot of patronages so they must be busy.

You're right, it's Ferring Pharmaceuticals (Ferring Pharmaceuticals Announces Board Changes)

I actually seem to remember a Her og Nu video with the Girls' Choir in Tivoli, where he started filming/photographing, I can't remember which, along with the others!

Last edited by a moderator:
Again, what was the point of the interview?

Hm... if there ever was a point:
preemptive damage control, most likely! A warning to the media that they don't paint a frosty relationship, which doesn't exist. In which case the interview could have been endorsed by Joachim!

Billed-Bladet - Marie får hjælp af Alexandra

This article is saying that Marie gets help off Alexandra; however, it then goes on to say that the advice she recieves actually comes from Alexandra's TV interview - for example, learn Danish quickly or do not get alarmed by the new and enjoy the present.

Wow, Alexandra has aged! Her new hairdo is not flattering either. I wonder if everything is all right with her, she looks like she's let herself go.

This article is saying that Marie gets help off Alexandra; however, it then goes on to say that the advice she recieves actually comes from Alexandra's TV interview - for example, learn Danish quickly or do not get alarmed by the new and enjoy the present.

So basically the article is saying that Marie gets help from Alexandra via TV interview?:ROFLMAO::whistling: Interesting....

This is a really strange statement by the magazine. I do not remember that Alexandra would have mentioned Marie's name in the interview. Billed-Bladet surpasses itself in story telling.

This is a really strange statement by the magazine. I do not remember that Alexandra would have mentioned Marie's name in the interview. Billed-Bladet surpasses itself in story telling.

Yes, this is the most outstanding non-story I have ever read :nonono:.

(I like the new smilie :nonono: on the list of smilies :flowers:. Allmost as much as I like the rather unuseful one of the dead horse :deadhorse: and the one of the aggressive Viking :viking:)

I've just foudn this article
Fyens Stiftstidende - NU - Ekstra
which mentions her, but the translator does not give a coherent translation that I can understand; could a Danish speaker tell us what it's saying please? Thanks!:flowers:

I've just foudn this article
Fyens Stiftstidende - NU - Ekstra
which mentions her, but the translator does not give a coherent translation that I can understand; could a Danish speaker tell us what it's saying please? Thanks!:flowers:

It's more about the café of the Tinderbox - an activity centre for children in Odense and of which Countess Alexandra is a patron - than the Countess herself. Rather trivial really, the present hosts are resigning and when the café reopens in January, Countess Alexandra will be among the
guests. Hope this will suffice, alex001 :flowers:

Viv

Yes, this is the most outstanding non-story I have ever read :nonono:.

(I like the new smilie :nonono: on the list of smilies :flowers:. Allmost as much as I like the rather unuseful one of the dead horse :deadhorse: and the one of the aggressive Viking :viking:)

Uh-oh, watch out folks! Lilla is at it with her club again! :D

Anyway, you made a good point about BB, Lilla. Their standard has deteriorated since they got Anette Krakau for editor-in-chief. There is an increasing amount of speculating and rumour mongering nowadays! The piece about Alexandra assisting Marie is misleading at best!

Hedvig, hunny you probably doesn't watch/read/ the same interview about which BB has wrote.:D
They will write everything just to sale the magazine.

Hedvig, hunny you probably doesn't watch/read/ the same interview about which BB has wrote.:D
They will write everything just to sale the magazine.

Did she do another interview as well; I seem to remember another where she was dressed in a silver-coloured top and was talking about being worried about the Princes? Then again, that may be entirely within my imagination:ermm:!

Uh-oh, watch out folks! Lilla is at it with her club again! :D

You are so right Viv.

So far, I in my life, I have found three very very good friends, whom I can alwayes trust and rely apon. Though - as much as I love this friend: :nonono: and this friend: :viking:my favorit friend is the dead horse :deadhorse:.

My dream-senario is for all of us to have a ride in this :coach: but with a parrot :parrot: as coachman. What a jolly good ride that could be.

Ahh Lilla how could you ever say the dead horse is not useful didnt I give you a great recipe for one that you find after BB and other media outlets have finished flogging it.:ROFLMAO: Seriously though I do think there would be some cooperation between the RF and Alexandra with regards to press statements interviews, if only in the interest of the boys.

Ahh Lilla how could you ever say the dead horse is not useful didnt I give you a great recipe for one that you find after BB and other media outlets have finished flogging it.:ROFLMAO:

You did Kbear :google:.

But I also wrote that the dead horse :deadhorse: is my favorit friend.

One does not eat ones favorit friends!!!

Anyway flogging a dead horse, IMO, is a vaste of time.

( I just found a new friend :flowers: on the smilie-list. His name is Beam-up:beamup:. But I don't think he is worth taking on a ride in the :coach:. He wouldn't be there very long..... would he? )

Seriously though I do think there would be some cooperation between the RF and Alexandra with regards to press statements interviews, if only in the interest of the boys.

And seriously, I agree.

Today the Countess & Prince Joachim handed out 592000 DKK from the Pricne Joachim & Princess Alexandra Fund to organisations such as the English Speaking Union of Denmark
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

However, I'm not sure if this is actually true as the article is date today, but in it it says Wedensday 12th December 2007, although it's probably just a typo.

Some information about the fund, quoted from the website
" The fund's capital consists of means, which are present firstly at the surplus which came in in connection with sales of wedding coin, produced on the occasion of the wedding on November 18th 1995, secondly in connection with the merger in 2004 with Prins Joachims and Prinsesse Alexandras Internationale Uddannelsesfond, who was established on the occasion of the wedding on November 18th 1995 with means given by the funds in the Bikuben-group and by Foreningen to Young One Handelsmænds Course etc.. The fund's goal is to support humanitarian and cultural goals in or outside Denmark. After the fund's practice there is yielded not any support for organizations' running operation and for social goals for individuals. In addition there is yielded not any support to projects with retrospective effect. Only applications, which are met, will receive written message about this.
They yield as principal rule not any support for projects, which are started before the holding of next[the+] committee meeting after the application deadline."

Today the Countess & Prince Joachim handed out 592000 DKK from the Pricne Joachim & Princess Alexandra Fund to organisations such as the English Speaking Union of Denmark

However, I'm not sure if this is actually true as the article is date today, but in it it says Wedensday 12th December 2007, although it's probably just a typo.

Another typo: Amalienborg writes that the grants were presented by HRH Prince Joachim and HH Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg.

I'll paste the statement from the DRF website before they see the gaffe and remove it :D! Today is a big day for staff Christmas parties throughout Denmark. Maybe that's a disturbing factor at the palace! :ROFLMAO:

For the benefit of Danish readers:

quote:
Amalienborg den 12. december 2008
Hans Kongelige Højhed Prins Joachim og Hendes Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra, grevinde af Frederiksborg, har onsdag den 12. december 2007 på Amalienborg overrakt legatbeviser til dette års legatmodtagere. Der blev uddelt for 529.000 kr. i alt.
unquote

Alex001, I've checked it and read that the pics were taken on October
14, 2008. Alexandra went to a Van Gogh exhibition at the Albertina
museum in Vienna, her children, husband, parents and parents-in-law
went with her. Here are some of the pics:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Very nice photos, Iceflower. I love her boots and coat in the third photo!

Anyway flogging a dead horse, IMO, is a vaste of time.

( I just found a new friend :flowers: on the smilie-list. His name is Beam-up:beamup:. But I don't think he is worth taking on a ride in the :coach:. He wouldn't be there very long..... would he? )

Yes Flogging dead horses is a waste of time but it seems to be a common pastime of different media outlets. (english saying for those not fluent) As a trekkie I am loving beam up to but back on topic dont Alex and family look great at the day out. The boys may be a bit young to appreciate it fully but it looks like they enjoyed it thanks for the pics:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Does anyone knows where I can find a video of Countress Alexandra speaks english?

I cannot find it on youtube.

Thank you

So basically the article is saying that Marie gets help from Alexandra via TV interview?:ROFLMAO::whistling: Interesting....

I don´t think Marie understands the interview because it was in Danish.
How can she "gets help" from that? I don´t even think she has watched it.
Since the DRF official announcement about her pregnancy and news conference said that questions should be asked in English or French, I think Marie´s Danish is not good enough to understand Alexandra´s interview.
Has Marie spoken Danish in public already? Good day or thank you etc don´t count.
I think it´s completely ok as long as she and Joachim communicates with each other well in French. But I can imagine that some Danes may feel uncomfortable having a Danish princess not speaking Danish. So I think Marie should learn Danish as quickly as she can.
Of course Alexandra has some advantages having a German speaking mother and she speaks German fluently. This could help her to learn Danish. Since Marie does not speak German, I can imagine that it takes longer for her to learn Danish.

Since the DRF official announcement about her pregnancy and news conference said that questions should be asked in English or French, I think Marie´s Danish is not good enough to understand Alexandra´s interview.
Has Marie spoken Danish in public already? Good day or thank you etc don´t count.
I think it´s completely ok as long as she and Joachim communicates with each other well in French. But I can imagine that some Danes may feel uncomfortable having a Danish princess not speaking Danish. So I think Marie should learn Danish as quickly as she can.
Of course Alexandra has some advantages having a German speaking mother and she speaks German fluently. This could help her to learn Danish. Since Marie does not speak German, I can imagine that it takes longer for her to learn Danish.

This is not Marie's thread, but I will mention that some people may have trouble speaking a language, but may still understand what is being said to them. I have trouble speaking German, but I understand 90% of what is said to me.

I know that she is still learning Danish and it doesn't sound like she has progressed very far. I was being sarcastic in my comments. The magazine claimed that Marie receives advice from Alexandra by watching this interview on TV. It is such a preposterous statement to make, IMO. It sounds like the magazine was just looking to sell a few more issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom