Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Another article on their visit to Ocean Park, this time about how little Felix loves taking photos and is a 'sharp' photographer. Apparently, he took photos of his mother and Martin together from several different angles.
Billed-Bladet - Prins Felix er vaks med et kamera

*The photo gallery is the same as the previous BB gallery

Alexandra klar til erhvervslivet - Navne
Countess Alexandra has joined VL Group 42, which from what I see is an organisation for business networking. She says "To enter a VL group is for me a great way to say with firm voice that I am very interested in business. But some of the most important by VL-groups is that one network. It was one of my criteria for entering - to have a large network. Not only with the group members but also with other groups on the days when all the groups meet, and where there are hundreds of people."

Alexandra is there in her job as a director of Ferring Pharmaceuticals, and the article says that this shows how she's becoming more involved in her business life.

The photo is here: Grevinde Alexandra klar til erhvervslivet - abmdiverse

Last edited:
Good for her! I am glad to see that she is becoming more involved with business. Her life has changed, and she is no longer in the princess role. I wish her success in her networking and business endeavors. I wonder if she will keep all of her patronages?

Good for her! I am glad to see that she is becoming more involved with business. Her life has changed, and she is no longer in the princess role. I wish her success in her networking and business endeavors. I wonder if she will keep all of her patronages?

I think she will; although she has fourteen (I think) they don't take up as much of her time as they used to, so I'm sure she'll be able to do both her roles without any major changes. Alexandra said in her first interview with Costume magazine that "I’d rather be busy than having nothing to do. I get more energy the more work I do."

Alexandra klar til erhvervslivet - Navne
Countess Alexandra has joined VL Group 42, which from what I see is an organisation for business networking.

The VL Group 42 is the most prestigious business network in Denmark. The network has got 40 members all in all and meets 10 times a year. To become a member an invitation from a member is crucial and only the elite business people will be asked to join.

IMO she must have preformed very well as patron of Unicef and as a board member in the Swiss international pharmaceutical concern Ferring elsehow she wouldn't have been invited to the VL Group 42. Well done Alex!

The VL Group 42 is the most prestigious business network in Denmark. The network has got 40 members all in all and meets 10 times a year. To become a member an invitation from a member is crucial and only the elite business people will be asked to join.

IMO she must have preformed very well as patron of Unicef and as a board member in the Swiss international pharmaceutical concern Ferring elsehow she wouldn't have been invited to the VL Group 42. Well done Alex!

Thanks for the info Lilla - and congratulations to Alexandra! I have to admit I didn't realise how well she's doing - the only mention of her business career I've ever come across has been agendas with her giving talks at conferences.

Thanks for the info Lilla - and congratulations to Alexandra! I have to admit I didn't realise how well she's doing - the only mention of her business career I've ever come across has been agendas with her giving talks at conferences.

I think she has spend her time consolidating her position as a businesswoman, which doesn't attract attention in the tittle-tattle medias that usually report about the royals. I don't think her future activities in business will attract much attention either - partly because it isn't of interest for that kind of media and partly because her business-activities mainly goes on behind closed doors. In that perspective it is quit interesting and logical, that the article is brought in Berlingste Tidende - which is a serious and major Danish newspaper with focus on business.

Billed-Bladet - Alexandra hjælper syge veninder
Alexandra, who is on the board of the Race Against Breast Cancer Association, has attended the Research Day about this topic. She said that she is 'glad to participate in this work as it is important that something is done in this area. Too many women are affected by breast cancer."

She said that soem of her friends have breast cancer, and that she thinks that it is "important to be there for them and to help them out, by listening, visiting them, collecting their children. In their situation it's nice for them to know that they aren't alone. Physically you can see how awful it is, they lose their hair, vomit and are miserable."

Does Alexandra plan to participate in any of the Race for the Cure events? I believe that they typically happen in May or June throughout the world.

Billed-Bladet has an article that discusses Countess Alexandra's relationship with Joachim, Marie and the new baby.

Billed-Bladet - Alexandra vild med Joachim og Maries baby

She says that she has met the new prince, and that he is beautiful. She visited Joachim and Marie while they were still at Amalienborg. It does not say whether she will attend the christening or not.

I would be suprised if she attends the christening.

Josette

Well, given the way that they have managed their divorce and relationship since the divorce, it would not surprise me too terribly much.

We've all become so accustomed to divorce being acrimonious and mean, that it is hard to imagine a peaceful and friendly separation. If they are able to continue as they have begun, there is no reason why she should not share her "friends" joy in their new little one, who is afterall, a brother of her own sons.

http://herognu.com/mediafiles/1/images/herognuforside_2209.jpg
Contrary to what Alexandra herself has said, Her og Nu claim that she is very bitter and has difficulty seeing Princess Marie as a new mother because she herself has not had a new baby with Martin.

And someone's forgotten that she's not a Princess anymore :lol:
Alexandra: Ikke glemt på Schackenborg - Royalt - SE og HØR
Charlottle Solberg sent a letter of congratulations and a drawing into Princess Marie and Prince Joachim on account of the new baby prince and got a reply from Soeren Frederiksen, the land agent, to say

"Their Royal Highnesses Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra have asked me to thank you for your best regards and good wishes for the Prince family and the new-born Prince. A great thanks for Matilde for her best regards and beautiful drawing."

Last edited:
Pics 6.6.2009

Countess Alexandra attended the charity event "Kids For Kids" ,
Copenhagen, Denmark, June 6, 2009.
Her two children Prince Nikolai and Prince Felix and her husband
Martin Joergesen were also attending the event. Prince Nikolai
took a ride on the mechanical rodeo bull and the bull won in the
end as Prince Nikolai fell off of it.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Poor Nikolai! It looks like it was a really fun event. There is a blonde woman standing behind the Countess in one of the photos. Did she attend the event with the Alexandra?

Alexandra now has some Patronage threads. The links can be found in this post. Enjoy! :flowers:

I've just seen in this article about the Kids for Kids event that Martin Joergensen has joined the board of the Kids for Kids fund (If "Martin Jørgensen er netop kommet med i bestyrelsen for Kids for Kids-fonden" was translated correctly). It's good that he's getting involved in charity too, as well as just accompanying Alexandra as her husband.

Countess Alexandra was issued an invitation to appear on the show "Strictly Come Dancing", but turned it down.

Billed-Bladet - "Vild med dans” uden grevinde Alexandra

Apparently, Crown Princess Mary's father was also invited, but declined. Alexandra received her first invitation to participate two years ago, and has received several invitations since. She has continued to decline.

Apparently, Crown Princess Mary's father was also invited, but declined. Alexandra received her first invitation to participate two years ago, and has received several invitations since. She has continued to decline.

Well done by both of them. There is no need for nither to become comic figures in a Friday evening entertainment-show which features want-to- be celebrities.

I agree with you Lilla, even though I have never seen the show. There is just something low-brow about most reality shows, and I can't imagine why a royal would want to do something like this. It would seem like a cry for publicity (IMO).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom