Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although it doesn't give me the date, princessalexandradk.info says that in April (after the Parkinson event, as the news is in chrononlogical order), she went to Statens Museum for Kunst, whatever that is, to see a children's project. She looks great
Just before that, she went to Young Enterprises to give them 10,000 Danish Kroner for their project, according to princessalexandradk.info. I can't read Danish, but here's the link they refer you to (with a photo) - Og Danmarks bedste unge iværksættervirksomhed er…
I'm not sure if this has been discussed in the "It's a Princess for Denmark thread, but Alexandra issued a statement at the birth of MAry & Frederick's daughter to say "I am very happy for them and happy to know that everything went well, and they got a princess. It is so nice. Felix and Nikolai think it is fun that they have a little cousin. They talked all week-end about how they look forward to see the baby (translation from princess alexandradk.info, as is the news)
Just before the Tivoli event, she gave away (I'm not sure if this has been posted) 1,3 million Danish Kroner for research to the Danish Blind Society (princessalexandradk.info, May 2nd). Sorry I didn't spot these when I posted my other news from princessalexandradk.info, but I didn't scroll down.
I also believe that this photo from the Parkinson's Day event has not been posted. It shows her full outfit:
http://www.princessalexandradk.info/3kjole.jpg
EDIT: That's not her from Parkinson's day - I'm not sure when it is, but it appears in that section? Can anyobdy help?

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
For those interested - the book is written by Bo Østlund and published on Mellemgaard. It is in Danish. 96 pages -

According to the gossip section of TV2 online - TV 2 Vip - Var hun utro i årevis? - Bo Østlund asks whether Alexandra was unfaithful for years. The article claims that Alexandra and Martin were kissing as far back as 2003 during a UNICEF travel and that their romance took off as far back as 1999 when the then 21 old Martin assisted in his father's firm which produced a portrait docu about prince Joachim.
The article also claims that Joachim knew about his wife's relationship with Martin for years.

UserDane said:
According to the gossip section of TV2 online - TV 2 Vip - Var hun utro i årevis? - Bo Østlund asks whether Alexandra was unfaithful for years. The article claims that Alexandra and Martin were kissing as far back as 2003 during a UNICEF travel and that their romance took off as far back as 1999 when the then 21 old Martin assisted in his father's firm which produced a portrait docu about prince Joachim.
The article also claims that Joachim knew about his wife's relationship with Martin for years.

Who is the information source?

The behaviour of the media is interesting. Before, they praised Alexandra and there were only very few negative reports. Now, there are more and more negative reports.

Maybe this has something to do with the fact that she is no more a member of the royal family and Joachim has found a new partner.

If this gossip is true, I have to say that Joachim is really an extraordinary man who can endure Alexandra´s affair for years and even had two children with her. He and Martin even visited a pub together before Martin´s wedding with Alexandra. And since he knew that for years, he even allowed Martin´s father and Martin continue to work with the DRF and film the documentary of Alexandra´s 40th birthday.

I also feel strange that if Alexandra has betrayed Joachim, why did he allow his two boys living with their mother and her lover? If the gossip were true and I were Joachim, I would be very angry with Martin and Alexandra.

Last edited:
The article quoted a new book by Bo Østlund - a book which was discussed in the posts before mine - which was why I posted the link to the TV2 article.

intresting. Maybe Joachim & Alexandra thought they could work things out and it did seem they did since they stayed together for such a long time after the affair and had two lovely sons

This sounds like a Charles/Diana scandal in the making, even though I think it's completely far from it. I guess next, we'll start hearing that Felix is actually Martin's biological son.

It doesn't make sense since they all seem to get along so well. Would Joachim really want his children around the man who was having an affair with his wife? Would Queen Margrethe have allowed her to keep her title after the divorce if this was how it went down? It's juicy gossip, but I'm not sure I believe it.

I didn't know why they divorced, but Alexandra and Martin had an affair? Wow, I had no clue of that.

I heard that Joachim and Marie came over to the house for lunch or something. It's good that they are at least somewhat cordial.

BurberryBrit said:
It doesn't make sense since they all seem to get along so well. Would Joachim really want his children around the man who was having an affair with his wife? Would Queen Margrethe have allowed her to keep her title after the divorce if this was how it went down? It's juicy gossip, but I'm not sure I believe it.

That's the point.
Really hard to believe this gossip because they haven't shown any dislikes against each other.
If they are only pretending, through all these years, there must be some moments when they unconsciously showed their true emotions and being captured by the photographers around them.

Is Martin titled as a count, since he is married to a countess? Or since she is not a member of the royal family, he does not carry the title? Sorry for my ignorance.:flowers:

acdc1 said:
Is Martin titled as a count, since he is married to a countess? Or since she is not a member of the royal family, he does not carry the title? Sorry for my ignorance.:flowers:

He doesnt carry any title.

morhange said:
This sounds like a Charles/Diana scandal in the making, even though I think it's completely far from it. I guess next, we'll start hearing that Felix is actually Martin's biological son.

That would be very interesting if people start speculating who is the biological father of Felix.
I remember that a royal watcher has written an article which mentioned that Felix looks MORE like Joachim because Felix is blond and has blue eyes.

Heike said:
That would be very interesting if people start speculating who is the biological father of Felix.
I remember that a royal watcher has written an article which mentioned that Felix looks MORE like Joachim because Felix is blond and has blue eyes.
I can't believe for a moment that the elder son is not Joachim's. When this child was conceived, Frederick was far from getting married leave alone fathering a child, so the unborn child was after all third in line and the first child of the next generation. I simply can't believe Alexandra was going to be unfaithful knowing this child could one day be the next monarch from Europe's oldest Royal family. Just imagine! Not exactly the same situation but still a "spare" situation for the throne of Denmark with Alexandra's second child. Some things simply are not done (that's why I believe Harry of Wales is Charles' son). If someone believes for a moment there is even a hint of a possibility that Alexandra could have done that with or without Joachim's knowledge, really is trying to badly damage the reputation of both of them. IMHO.

Jo of Palatine said:
If someone believes for a moment there is even a hint of a possibility that Alexandra could have done that with or without Joachim's knowledge, really is trying to badly damage the reputation of both of them. IMHO.
I think the poster only meant this ironically. The topic here is more this new book about Alexandra - which I had only heard of in this thread before it was mentioned yesterday in the gossip at TV2. I have no idea whether the parentage of any of her children will be discussed in the book but like you I cannot imagine any princess jeopardizing her own position and that of her child by casting doubts about the true father - not in this age of DNA tests.

UserDane said:
I think the poster only meant this ironically.

You're right, of course, I didn't meant the original poster but journalists of gossip mags etc. who might start discussing that idea. :flowers:

Jo of Palatine said:
I can't believe for a moment that the elder son is not Joachim's. When this child was conceived, Frederick was far from getting married leave alone fathering a child, so the unborn child was after all third in line and the first child of the next generation. I simply can't believe Alexandra was going to be unfaithful knowing this child could one day be the next monarch from Europe's oldest Royal family. Just imagine! Not exactly the same situation but still a "spare" situation for the throne of Denmark with Alexandra's second child. Some things simply are not done (that's why I believe Harry of Wales is Charles' son). If someone believes for a moment there is even a hint of a possibility that Alexandra could have done that with or without Joachim's knowledge, really is trying to badly damage the reputation of both of them. IMHO.

I recall reading somewhere that both children were conceived by IVF. In this case it's for sure they are both Joachims. Not sure though if it's true.

I think its entirely possible Alexandra and Martin had a close relationship towards the last year of her marriage to Joachim. I think even a close non-sexual relationship could spell the end of a marriage if Alex was closer emotionally to Martin than to Joachim at that time. Joachim may have been drifting emotionally away from Alexandra at that time too which may be a reason why he didn't seem jealous.

I think Heike is right about more negative stories about Alexandra coming out now. Alexandra has always maintained dignity and decorum before this so I rather think the reason these stories are coming out are a sort of mea culpa from the press for jumping onto the bandwagon and blaming Joachim when the breakdown of the marriage first appeared.

Joachim was particularly criticized by the press for all sorts of wrongs - real and imagined when the separation with Alexandra was announced. Now if it comes out that Alexandra had a relationship during the last part of her marriage - even non-sexual - with the man she would later marry, the press could well be thinking they accused the wrong person at first.

It doesn't make their new stories about Alexandra's affair (?) any more palatable than their previous stories about Joachim, but who seriously thought at the time that the press had it in for Joachim and was making stories up when these stories about Joachim's partying and seeing other women surfaced?

ysbel said:
I think its entirely possible Alexandra and Martin had a close relationship towards the last year of her marriage to Joachim. I think even a close non-sexual relationship could spell the end of a marriage if Alex was closer emotionally to Martin than to Joachim at that time. Joachim may have been drifting emotionally away from Alexandra at that time too which may be a reason why he didn't seem jealous.

I think Heike is right about more negative stories about Alexandra coming out now. Alexandra has always maintained dignity and decorum before this so I rather think the reason these stories are coming out are a sort of mea culpa from the press for jumping onto the bandwagon and blaming Joachim when the breakdown of the marriage first appeared.

Joachim was particularly criticized by the press for all sorts of wrongs - real and imagined when the separation with Alexandra was announced. Now if it comes out that Alexandra had a relationship during the last part of her marriage - even non-sexual - with the man she would later marry, the press could well be thinking they accused the wrong person at first.

It doesn't make their new stories about Alexandra's affair (?) any more palatable than their previous stories about Joachim, but who seriously thought at the time that the press had it in for Joachim and was making stories up when these stories about Joachim's partying and seeing other women surfaced?

You are so rigth in what you say ysbel about Alexandra and Joachim

Alexandra has such a beautiful figure...
I am envious of her.

If she decided to remarry because she found herself pregnant, let´s count the time for wedding preparation together, hmm, she must be at least 5 or 6 months pregnant if the rumour is true.
But I don´t see any suspicious belly in these pictures.

It seems that the pregnancy rumour has cooled down.

Last edited:
Thanks Avalon, she looks good - is she ever accompanied, rather thatn just driven, by Martin at these events?

Alexandra looks very elegant, as always!:)

I don´t Think Alexandra is elegant. I believe that one of the most elegant was Princess Diana. Maybe Princess Caroline of Monaco.

Martha said:
I don´t Think Alexandra is elegant. I believe that one of the most elegant was Princess Diana. Maybe Princess Caroline of Monaco.

For me, Queen Silvia of Sweden is the most elegant royal. She has such an elegant radiation.

Alexandra is not as naturally elegant as Queen Silvia, but she also has her own special and attractive radiation. She is very sure, very confident, and very strong.

Heike said:
Alexandra has such a beautiful figure...
I am envious of her.

If she decided to remarry because she found herself pregnant, let´s count the time for wedding preparation together, hmm, she must be at least 5 or 6 months pregnant if the rumour is true.
But I don´t see any spicious belly in these pictures.

It seems that the pregnancy rumour has cooled down.
Se & Hør had a front page with a picture of her "bigger" belly this week. Seriously, anybody can look pregnant in an empire-cut top. ;)

Alexandra looks so much more relaxed again and it's nice to see her smiling. I remember looking at pictures of her after her divorce and she often appeared so sad.

Princess or countess - it doesn't matter for me! She looks great in every circumstance !

She looks really nice! Though, I think she could have done without the thick dark stockings.

I think she looks good apart from the black stockings. Hope she does not start what Letizia just seems to have finished with.

I like the bustier but I don't like that the imprint of her bikini top can be seen on her chest :ermm: - that does a bit of harm to this classy outfit IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom