Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Palace has announced today that Princess Isabella will start school in August. She'll start with the so called 0th class of Tranegaards School in Gentofte. Prince Christian is currently in the first class of that same school.

** kongehuset.dk: H.K.H. Prinsesse Isabellas skolestart ** translation **

Thanks Iceflower :flowers:

I hope they will hold a photo session like when Christian started in school.

BT:
http://www.bt.dk/royale/nu-starter-isabella-i-folkeskolen

Billedbladet:
Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Isabella i skole med prins Christian

TV2:
TV 2 GO' | Dag - Her begynder Isabella i 0. klasse

Last edited:
I do too. But I also don't at the same time.

The discussion about the latest Australian tabloid speculations concerning another twin pregnancy have been deleted as off-topic and insubstantial. As always we won't continue such baseless speculations.

It's Isabella's birthday today and Mary has taken new lovely pictures of the little charmer. She looks more and more like daddy :wub: :wub:

The pictures are taken two days ago (Friday, April 19) at eight o'clock in the morning, so I guess they are taken just before she was going to kindergarten.

Picture 1:
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/003.jpg.img

Picture 2:
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/002.jpg.img

Picture 3:
http://kongehuset.dk/Menu/Presse/pressefotos/0011.jpg.img

Gallery: H.K.H. Prinsesse Isabella seks år - Kongehuset

The media celebrates Bella with galleries with pictures from the last 6 years

TV2: TV 2 GO' | Fornøjelse - Billeder: Prinsesse Isabella fylder seks år

B.T.: Kongehusets charmetrold fylder seks år i dag | www.bt.dk

MSN (with 71 pictures): Prinsesse Isabella fylder 6 år - Prinsesse Isabella fylder 6 år - - Stars | MSN Danmark

Last edited:
She is the female version of Frederick! She is such a little character!
Cannot believe she's 6! I remember the day she was born...I just submitted one of my articles to a conference. This article was going to either make or break my PhD. After I submitted, I saw the news that Princess Mary had given birth to the first Princess since Princess Beneditke.

Fond memories :)

Beautifull pictures of a beautifull little girl!
She looks just like her father indeed. Six years allready and she seems to be a happy, strong person.

Wow little Isabella is lovely.I love her spontaneity and her joyous personality.
I can't wait to see her in ten years.She will certainly be a gorgeous teenager.

She's definitely her daddy's girl - in looks, at least. She's such a charmer.
I can't believe she's six years old already, time really does fly.

Isabella is the image of her father, it's lovely. Lovely new images of her, and her hair has gotten so long.

The new photos of Princess Isabella are lovely, she's grown up so fast! The blue flower in her hair is very cute, and she's starting to look more and more like Frederik IMO. Thanks for posting, Roskilde. :flowers:

She is the female version of Frederick! She is such a little character!
Cannot believe she's 6! I remember the day she was born...I just submitted one of my articles to a conference. This article was going to either make or break my PhD. After I submitted, I saw the news that Princess Mary had given birth to the first Princess since Princess Beneditke.
I´m sure you mean since Princess Anne-Marie, right? :flowers:

Last edited:
This little princess is growing lovelier and lovelier. Those pictures are marvelous and I thought her outfit and hair band are the cutest.

Maybe it's just because we know the pictures were taken in the morning, but I think she looks a little bit tired in the first picture :p
In the second picture she definitely looks like a little Mini-Frederik with long hair!

Isabella is one of my favourite little royals, I just love her spunk. I hope she never loses it as she grows older!

She's absolutely adorable! I love watching her and her siblings grow!

great photos of isabella!! you can see her personality and character so well in the photos. love how mary has make it to a new tradition to take 3-4 photos and publish them to every birthday so we get new photos so often. i see a lot of frederik in isabella but i see mary too. a very happy day isabella, the sun is shining over DK today :) :)

Last edited:
She is a beautiful little girl. Happy Birthday, Bella!

What a lovely little girl. Isabella has a sweet smile and personality. It is always a joy to see her. Happy Birthday Isabella.

Lovely photos of a lovely and more than likely lively child. I hope Isabella enjoyed her special day.

It's hard to imagine a cuter, more charming little one than Isabella, IMO. I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

she is so cute!!! like her father!!!!!
I guess Christian is not having school now like the rest of the danes becasue ofthe strike?

I guess Christian is not having school now like the rest of the danes becasue ofthe strike?

Depends. If he has a teacher (or more) who has a civil service tenure (or, is a "tjenestemand" employed by the state), he still have to go to school. My sister has one class a week - art - every friday because her art teacher has a civil service tenure. I also know some who actually aren't affected by the lockout because all of their teachers have civil service tenures (or, are "tjenestemænd").

:previous: And there are also the teachers who are not members of the regular unions, but instead are members of what we may call independent unions, what we in DK usually call "yellow unions". They are for the most part not lock-outed either.

The lock-out is getting pretty annoying, now having started on its fourth week. The result has long since been decided. I.e. that the teachers will have to comply to the terms dictated by the Organisation of Municipalities, which run the state/public schools in DK. All it needs is a government intervention.
But since the government has been cuaght with their pants down in this issue, they now hesitate to intervene so as not to give the impression that the whole thing has been agreed on beforehand. - Aaand because a hot, very, very hot, 1st May is comming up!
Where the government members, which is supposed to be centre-left, but in reality has pursued a policy well to the right of the former right wing government are going to defend their policy at 1st May gatherings - in front of the unions and their voters who are hopping mad!
I can tell you in all honesty that politics here in DK has never in my lifetime been so entertaining, nor so baffling!

So it may not be until early May before Christian will be able to go to school as normal again. But many hours are now missing so that means that some of the summerholiday may have to be cancelled in order to make up - again annoying everybody.
On a more personal level; our oldest is leaving school this year and his final examins are now threathned if this continues for much longer. Not to mention that the final brushing up before the examins haven't taken place because of the lockout.

Oh yes, this April has indeed been The Month of the Grandparents, who have been mobillized en masse here in DK to look after the younger children. Fortunately the DRF children are in a position where the work of their parents is flexible and they have nannies, but nevertheless I can well imagine grandpapa Henrik having stepped in a couple of times. :p

Last edited:
Thanks dbarn67 :flowers:

It looks like our Marie took bette Henrik to kindergarten and Joachim picked him up afterwards.

Not having been able to lift off the roof at Amalienborg and peek in, this is my guess at how Isabella's birthday would have started.
She would have been woken up by her parents and older brother, perhaps even the twins, who would have sung the birthday song for her. And she would have recieved her first presents on the bed.
Rebeccas 8 års fødselsdag 2010 afsnit 2 - YouTube
After having posed for Mary in what to me looks like the backgarden of the mansion (notice the wall in the background) it was off to the kindergarten.
Where her mates would also have sung the birthday song for her, and in many if not most cases the kindergarten will fly Dannebrog in her honour. Isabella will then treat the others with buns or cookies.

Home again, family and friends will arrive in the afternoon to celebrate her, bringing presents. They will all be treated to layered cake,http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/526/2/2526754-fdselsdag---prins-henrik-r.jpg buns and sweets - so an already high-activity level is guaranteed to get even higher! Alternatively pancakes or æbleskiver http://multimedia.pol.dk/archive/00398/_bleskiver_398746a.jpg - you'd be amased how many æbleskiver six years olds can stuff themselves with.
Later in the evening, with probably a few friends staying over, it's time for dinner and it's a very common tradition that the birthday child decide the menu. A very good guess could be spaghetti with meatsauce.

Last edited:
what a lovely girl indeed. :flowers: She has always been the one that looks most like Frederik.

:previous:and thank you Muhler for the Danish Insight :)

Very beautiful photos of a very beautiful girl.

Spot on, Muhler with the birthday song and the explanation of the way many Danes (and surely also M+F) celebrate their children's birthdays. But I don't think that Isabella went to kindergarten. It was Sunday yesterday :p

Last edited:
:previous: A minor detail :p

Only got home late last night and I'm still catching up. For whatever reason I got into my head Bella's birthday was Friday.
Oh well, can't help it - I'm old...:yoda:

so mary&frederik have not moved yet, i guess? and the next week seems very busy with travels for both fred and mary so maybe there still goes some weeks before they return to fredensborg :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom