Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News 1: February 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
AnnaNotherThing said:
Love this photo of the SIX of them...only because you can kind of see traces of normality and domesticity behind them...like the coffee machine, etc...this looks like one of the renovation changes they have made at Amalienborg...making the 'palace' more like a normal home with an open plan, kitchen, dining, living room....

I love this sweet pic of the crown prince and princess with their children .

I can't believe the twins are a year old already. They are just too cute for words!

Yes they are so cute! all of them there! and lovely to see a normal kitchen with coffe machine and some jars with food in the other side! cakes are lovely!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
The pictures are lovely and the family do look very happy. Some pictures have the feet cutout or aren't centered, I know that might be the way the photographer wanted it but I don't like it, reminds me of the Christmas card the family sent out as well. I like the wood flooring colors, light and very refreshing iMO.

Yes, they're adorable and yes, they're a great happy family and yes, the cakes are adorable, but there's one thing bothering me a bit...

Just how long after the Photocall was over did those cakes stay so adorable? :eek:D

Thanks to one and all for the links to articles and pictures from the Big Day for Vincent and Josephine!! :eek:)

Yes, they're adorable and yes, they're a great happy family and yes, the cakes are adorable, but there's one thing bothering me a bit...

Just how long after the Photocall was over did those cakes stay so adorable? :eek:D

Thanks to one and all for the links to articles and pictures from the Big Day for Vincent and Josephine!! :eek:)

:lol: Perhaps the question should be: In how many nanoseconds after the cakes were served did the twins remain so clean?

Is it just me or does anyone else think both Vincent and Josephine resemble their grandpa Henrik a lot? Especially Josephine, there's something in the eyes that is very similar. I'm sure as the twins get older they will start to resemble other members of their family more. Children always change so much as they grow. It is great we get to see new pictures. We've seen so little of the twins. :)

thank you for those links! The twins are such adorable kids.

I really can't decide Catharina :)- I have sometimes felt that Josephine in glimpses takes after the queen. I saw the program last night on DR1 about the queen (very good IMO) and there were a few quick snapshots of the queen as a baby - and she had the same 'squeezable' :) cheeks as Josephine.

The resemblance between Christian as a baby and Vincent is very striking, I think.

oh there are so cute and adorable i want twins myself now!!!!!!!

the pics are absolutel gorgeous! wonderful babies!

The real gems of the Danish Royal Family are Vincent and Josephine, while Christian and Isabella are 24 carats each.

Pictures are beautiful and the twins are so cute.

oh there are so cute and adorable i want twins myself now!!!!!!!

Oh, I quite agree. A young husband and wife in my church have four year old boy and girl twins. The wife is expecting her second set of twins in June! However, the doctor says that these twins are identical and are boys! Can you imagine? What if Frederick and Mary have another set? That would be incredible.

Summary of a number of articles in Billed Bladet #02, 2012.
Written by Anna Johannesen & Lisbeth Grube.

The new birthday photos of Vincent and Josephine were made in the forenoon on their birthday. While Vincent was crawling around on the floor, Josephine sat neatly and posed.

Our reporter Lisbeth Grube, who had been stationed at Amalienborg Square observed that the windows in the residence of M&F had been adorned with flags (small paper Dannebrogs). (*)
She also observed the CP-family watch the changing of the guards at 12.00. After which the twins had their midday nap.

More than 50 guests came to the birthday and they started to arrive around 15.00. The last were Jeppe and Birgitte Handwerk with their children, followed closely by QMII. QMII drove across the square. (**)
Joachim, our Marie and bette Henrik walked from the palais where they have their apartment. Marie confided to us: "The belly is really well, thank you". She was carrying a bag from an exclusive store for children's clothes and shoes.

With more than 50 guests there must have been a lot of activity and our reporter did indeed observe children pressing their noses flat against the windows several times.
At 16.20 QMII left the party. Frederik was seen walking her down the stairs and saying goodbye with a kiss on the cheeks. (Presumably the gate was open).
Joachim and la belle Marie left at 16.30 and walked back to their palais with an eagerly chatting bette Henrik.

The guest list is also a list of M&F's close friends.
Apart from the Handwerks these were there as well:
Bendt and Pernille Wedell and children.
Michael and Caroline Ahlefeldt-Laurvig-Bille. (Old nobillity. Bille is very old nobillity).
Helle and Otto Reedtz-Thott.
Rikke and Michael Juel Brandt.
Caroline and Peter Heering.
Juliane Muelengracht and Peter Bang.
Julie Mølsgaard.
Sofie Kirk Kristiansen and Christopher Kjær Thomsen
- And others.

The next day Frederik said at the hunt in Valby that the twins can't walk yet: "But they are working on it".
It had "been a really good day".
Did it go well? "It did, thank you. All went well".
Frederik also explained that the reason the twins instead of a candle in their cake had a boy in a kayak and a girl in a sledge, is because of their Greenlandig names: "Normally there is one candly in the layered cake when you turn one, but Josephine and Vincent also have a Greenlandic name, so that's why it was the way it is this time".

In Australia Mary was asked whether the twins are different and she smiled: "Yes, they certainly are" - as in: you bet!

(*) I've been meaning to ask our Australian members whether there is an unofficial name for the Australian flag?
I believe I heard it's named The South Cross, is that true? Or did I dream it?

(**) Arriving in style. She is the Majesty after all. There are rumours of corridors through the basements, which should connect the various palais. Not sure if that is true, if true them may no longer be in use. Whatever, QMII chose to drive.

Last edited:
Those babies are so cute and the family photo is beautiful. Christian did a great job unveiling the portrait too. What a week!

Muhler thank you for all the translations. I know it must take some time for you to do them. Regarding the Australian flag.....We generally just call it what it is- the Australian flag or The Flag. Sorry I didn't have a more interesting answer!

I really am enjoying all of the celebrations from afar. Thank you to everyone for the photos links too.

wow, i am surprise they are not walking jet, my daughter start to walk at 9 months, is not around 9-10 months the normal?

Ashelen, my daughter walked at 14 months which is considered to be about normal. My son however decided to torment me and walked at 10 months! From what I have read over the years, 14 months is about right but current thinking could be different.

wow, i am surprise they are not walking jet, my daughter start to walk at 9 months, is not around 9-10 months the normal?

It's not that uncommon, keep in mind that they're premature. My little cousin is about 10-11 months old - 1 1/2 month premature - and she's only just started crawling in late December.

^didnt Mary deliver the twins in time??? she was at 9 months of pregnancy when she had them. because in August (annoucement) she was 4 months pregnant and in January was the speculation date about the birth which is at 9 months. they did born in Janurary, so not premature at all!!! (even more, each of them had great baby weight)

The doctor who delievered them at the time stated that the twins were a few weeks early and due at a later date at the end of January. I don't remember which date exactly. Twins usually arrive early though and I think Mary carried them well.

A few weeks early doesn't mean premature, they were both over 5 lbs which I still can't get over!
Also I had one torment me by walking at 10 months, the other 14 months.
There's an old adage, "Walk at one, talk at two".
50 people and children for a one year old party, that's really alot ( a lot more than just 50 adults!)
REALLY loved the cakes! What good and thoughtful taste they have.

Never said they were premature. I said they were a few weeks early....

my daughyter was 2 weeks early but i dont remeber the doctor calling her premature baby! I suppose each kid is different , mine star tto walk at 9 months but to talk almost 4 becasue she had me speaking one language and my husband other she is bilingual now but i think that made her to start to talk later now wish i could stop her she talks toooo muchhhhh! i wonder when Christian n Isabella start to walk? wonder if it is the same! but i can imagine now all the palace with all the proof baby locks everywhere! this would be interested to see!

wow, i am surprised they are not walking yet, my daughter started to walk at 9 months, is not around 9-10 months the normal?

I always had it told to me that its about walking and talking - if the child talks first they walk later, if they walk first they will talk later.

Last edited:
They have the most beautiful children! You can see physical characteristics of Mary and Frederik in each of them.

I'm a twin, I was 5 weeks premature, and I was walking from 9 months and talking at 11 months. My elder sister was full term and was walking at 13 months. Each child is different.

They are all cute kids. I especially love Isabella. She is full of personality!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom