Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News 1: February 2011 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you here in our district Massachusetts the children are required to call the teachers by Mr./Mrs./Miss last name. In high school, some of the coaches or drama teachers become friendly and allow the kids to use first names but it is very uncommon.
One of our sons did a college year in London with a mix of US students, one of whom was from the South. He habitually said "sir or M'am" as his up bringing taught. One of the profs thought he was putting on an act and was really angry about it! Just shows you how trying to be polite in one setting can backfire in another...

Absolutely.
I remember a story some years ago, where a Dane attended a university in USA. And out of habit he addressed his professor without using the title, something that hadn't been used in DK since the late 60's elerly 70's.
The professor was insulted.

A learning process for both parties.

Absolutely.
I remember a story some years ago, where a Dane attended a university in USA. And out of habit he addressed his professor without using the title, something that hadn't been used in DK since the late 60's elerly 70's.
The professor was insulted.

A learning process for both parties.

That's interesting, because when I was working on my undergrad and then on my Masters, my professors were constantly encouraging me to call them by their first names, because they felt that we were all adults and there was no reason to stand on ceremony. I was brought up to show respect to those who are older (even now that I'm an adult, I will still address someone who is older than I am in a formal fashion, especially in university/employment setting), as well as those who were in the academia, so it was very hard to just switch over. After a while, my professors gave up and just accepted the fact that I was a very old-fashioned and individual.

OMG! They are bot adorable!:ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Aren't they cute little things! Thanks for posting them. Josephine is changing. When she was younger I didn't think she looked at all like her siblings - thought she was perhaps more of a Donaldson. Now I am changing my mind.

i love the pics of all 4 of them, Mary took a very nice shoots, shes becoming a pro but what i love the most is that its actually her who takes the pictures, because it makes them more sentimental and familiar^^

little Josephine is really pretty and cute, im glad im seeing her now, because i missed her at the annual summer photoshoot!

i love the pics of all 4 of them, Mary took a very nice shoots, shes becoming a pro but what i love the most is that its actually her who takes the pictures, because it makes them more sentimental and familiar^^

little Josephine is really pretty and cute, im glad im seeing her now, because i missed her at the annual summer photoshoot!

Well, those are nice pictures, but nothing close to a pro. Anyone can take pictures like that ;)

What lovely photos, I think the similarity between the twins is really beginning to show now, those little things are so incredibly cute and their cheeks are (still) very pinchable. Christian and Isabella are also very beautiful children, it's fun how Christian is resembling his mother very much and Bella is a female replica of Frederik. Also, Mary is a quite skilled photographer - she should also take Frederik's photo :)

- Christian
- Isabella
- Vincent
- Josephine

What lovely photos, I think the similarity between the twins is really beginning to show now, those little things are so incredibly cute and their cheeks are (still) very pinchable. Christian and Isabella are also very beautiful children, it's fun how Christian is resembling his mother very much and Bella is a female replica of Frederik. Also, Mary is a quite skilled photographer - she should also take Frederik's photo :)

- Christian
- Isabella
- Vincent
- Josephine

I second this opinion :D:D agree completely

Great photo of Josephine (on Kongehuset page) she is really a Mini-Mary...seeing baby photos of Mary, they look identical...I think the girls look like each of their parents (Josephine like Mary and Isabella like Frederik) but the boys look uniquely like themselves ;)

- Christian
- Isabella
- Vincent
- Josephine

I agree I'd love to see a portrait of Frederick taken by Mary lol. I remember when Andrew, Duke of York used to photograh Sarah, Beatrice and Eugenie for official photos. They were quite lovely.

I see Prince Henrik in little Vincent's chubby cheeks and Josephine has alot of Queen Margrethe in her cute face IMO.

Mary took these photos??? WOW she's good! She had her camera at the dressage event today. I wonder how those photos look.......

P.S. It looks like Josephine is in the pond.

What makes the photos more 'personal' is that they were taken by Mary herself. Maybe they're not as 'good' as those done by a professional, but they have a mother's touch, if you will. I personally love them more for that reason. The children are absolutely beautiful.

Well, those are nice pictures, but nothing close to a pro. Anyone can take pictures like that ;)
Cinderella, of course she´s becoming a pro, you should know already that there´s nothing, absolutely nothing that Mary can´t do better that anyone else. Don´t mind if professional photographes take courses and have an especific "career" on that, Mary doesn´t need that, she can be the best without any training :whistling::whistling::rolleyes:

That being said, I love the pictures. I´m so glad for seeing little Josephine again, she´s a cutie like her twin brother. Lovely pic of Isabella too, she has a very "reflexive" face there, I like it.

Do you think having Mom take pictures of them helps them deal with the rest of the photographers, or not really?

RubyPrincess168 said:
Do you think having Mom take pictures of them helps them deal with the rest of the photographers, or not really?

There's a huge difference between a friendly face, your own mother, taking a few snaps on a day out to having cameras in your face every time you leave the house. I doubt anything can prepare you for it.

I guess it's too soon for a seperate Isabella's jewellery thread yet. ;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #32, 2012.
Isabella fik farmors armbånd - Isabella got grandmother's bracelet.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

There is a tradition in the DRF, started by Queen Ingrid, that all the female members of the DRF get a simple gold bracelet when they turn five.

So did Isabella when she turned five and she is indeed seen wearing that bracelet in the pictures from London.

In fact the adult women, Margrethe, Anne-Marie and Benedikte, wear it very often if not constantly.
It is presumed in the article that Bella's bracelet is Queen Margrethe's old bracelet, stored away from when she was a little girl - and had a slimmer wrist.

Queen Anne-Marie has told about the tradition: "Both Princess Benedikte and I have given our daughters a bracelet identical (to mine), and they will give one to their daughters when they turn five".
As such also Alexia's daughters, Arrietta and Ana Maria wear that bracelet as well. Amelia has to wait a little longer.
Anne-Marie's bracelet broke some time back: "I was deeply unhappy, until it was repaired. Since then I haven't taken it off".

The next in the DRF to recieve the bracelet are Josephine and Athena.

Thank you for this info, Muhler :flowers:
This is a very lovely tradition.
Still I don´t understand why Isabella´s bracelet should be her grandmother´s. It´s indeed nice if Margrethe has given it to her, but one would think that she would want to keep her own to the end.

Last edited:
Thank you for this info, Muhler :flowers:
This is a very lovely tradiction.
Still I don´t understand why Isabella´s bracelet should be her grandmother´s. It´s indeed nice if Margrethe has given it to her, but one would think that she would want to keep her own to the end.

Because QMII had her childhood bracelet replaced with a bigger when she became older.

The article isn't clear about that but it seems that the oldest daughters of Benedikte and Anne-Marie also inherited the childhood bracelets. - Who in turn has or will pass it on to their oldest daughters.

I could not resist scanning this "caption this" from BB: https://www.box.com/s/bb24dc6e75ea55244b11

Usually they aren't that funny but I found that of Bella charming.
Bella's yellow bubble: "Oh, if only he was twenty years younger".

Pink bubble: "I warned you about that hole, Henri".

Green bubble: "No lad, you may NOT borrow the tuba afterwards".

Because QMII had her childhood bracelet replaced with a bigger when she became older.

The article isn't clear about that but it seems that the oldest daughters of Benedikte and Anne-Marie also inherited the childhood bracelets. - Who in turn has or will pass it on to their oldest daughters.
Thank you Muhler! That makes sense, indeed ;)

It's a very sweet tradition with the bracelets and it's nice to see that all the girls/women in the family wear theirs as well. It's also a rather beautiful bracelet that can work with a lot of different clothes.

I could not resist scanning this "caption this" from BB: https://www.box.com/s/bb24dc6e75ea55244b11

Yes, they were funny! But the way, maybe it has already been discussed but are the Prince Vincent and Princess Josephine in London? I assume they are in Denmark.

I guess it's too soon for a seperate Isabella's jewellery thread yet. ;)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #32, 2012.
Isabella fik farmors armbånd - Isabella got grandmother's bracelet.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

There is a tradition in the DRF, started by Queen Ingrid, that all the female members of the DRF get a simple gold bracelet when they turn five.

So did Isabella when she turned five and she is indeed seen wearing that bracelet in the pictures from London.

In fact the adult women, Margrethe, Anne-Marie and Benedikte, wear it very often if not constantly.
It is presumed in the article that Bella's bracelet is Queen Margrethe's old bracelet, stored away from when she was a little girl - and had a slimmer wrist.

Queen Anne-Marie has told about the tradition: "Both Princess Benedikte and I have given our daughters a bracelet identical (to mine), and they will give one to their daughters when they turn five".
As such also Alexia's daughters, Arrietta and Ana Maria wear that bracelet as well. Amelia has to wait a little longer.
Anne-Marie's bracelet broke some time back: "I was deeply unhappy, until it was repaired. Since then I haven't taken it off".

The next in the DRF to recieve the bracelet are Josephine and Athena.

Thank you for the article and translation :flowers:. It's very sweet and sentimental that the family passes down such personal jewelry. Something for the little girls to treasure and pass down as well.

Thank you for the laugh :D. Great captions and pictures.

Muhler, thanks for posting the details of Isabella's bracelet. Nice to see traditions like this continuing.
There is lovely photo of Princess Mary and Princess Benedikte in the Olympics thread, which shows Princess Beneditke is wearing hers.

Isabella is absolutely adorable. :)
I love how she shows her personality and character in every single picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom