The Prince and Princess of Prussia: August 2011-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On September 19 the Prince an Princess of Prussia attended a ceremony at which a cooperation between the city of St. Goar and the Princess Kira von Prussia Foundation was sealed. With that the long-running legal dispute over the question of who should be granted ownership of Rheinfels Castle was closed, the castle remains in possession of the city:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

Here’s a lengthy article with many good pictures about Georg Friedrich's legal case:

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/hohenzollern-prince-georg-prussia/index.html

I visited the site now a second time - and there is also a video (~5 min) in the article.

This is all very interesting. Is our Georg Friedrich going all in here, or has he any real, good chances to get the artefacts back? It is surely a bold move!

Imho he is right, to strive for a decision: The thingy with his ancestor supporting the Nazis is now what, 80 years into the past? It is time to come to terms!

I am not a lawyer, so the following makes perhaps no sense: But I would argue, that our Georg Friedrich represents the House and speaks not for his stupid Nazi-grandfather or better not as his heir. And the House of Prussia did not support the rise of Hitler, just one individual did, the said Prince. So, they have good reason, to demand the stuff back, the communists robbed.

Thank you, ladongas, for keeping us up-to-date!

I wonder, how this story turns out. Imho Georg-Friedrich is right in seeking a decision. Especially, if one considers, that the then Ex-Emperor was still very much alive, when the pics of the Crown Prince in Nazi Regalia were taken.

So, the question is: Was the Nazi dude representing the House of Hohenzollern, or just himself? Just mho...

Thank you, ladongas, for keeping us up-to-date!

I wonder, how this story turns out. Imho Georg-Friedrich is right in seeking a decision. Especially, if one considers, that the then Ex-Emperor was still very much alive, when the pics of the Crown Prince in Nazi Regalia were taken.

So, the question is: Was the Nazi dude representing the House of Hohenzollern, or just himself? Just mho...

Of course it is Prince Georg's legal right to take it to court, just like any Mr. Schmidt or Müller does, the governments involved into this feared this and therefore tried to solve the matter with some compromise .
and of course it is an almost unsolvable case because "substantial support" is not measurable for lawyers aswell as historians cannot make legal decisions.
What this here posted english articles miss is a widely discussed detail in the matter which is that former Chancellor Kohl said the GDR insisted to keep the eastgerman land reform when agreeing to the german reunion.
Gorbatschow said this never existed! As Kohl's reputation is at its worst in Germany this is now considered to be pro Royals.
The german government is known for its unjust decisions concerning restitutions, but no government wants to deal with the Hohenzollern as you cannot explain this to the average german citizen.
The prince claims the historians did not use all of the archives the family provided for them, so this will be another issue in the future. Malinowski is "the" expert for european royalty so his word does weigh in.

If anybody knows German or would like to use google, here are the assessments made from the four historians , two pro Hohenzollern, two including Malinowski against the Hohenzollern saying Georg's great-grandfather did substantially support the Nazi regime.

Juristische Instrumente für die BRD zur Abwehr der Hohenzollern

The problem for Prince Georg is, too, that many historians call the CP a real idiot and therefore probably not capable for doing anything "substantial" , but how can the Prince nod his head to this without loosing his face.
I must admit I have seen a lot of disturbing stuff about the CP's connection to Hitler himself and the party, pictures, letters....that makes it even more difficult and politically explosive if the government or the judge restitutes the Hohenzollern family, the german people widely reject this idea. And above all there are rich families here who supported a lot (substantially ?)the Nazis and never have been charged anything .....
Time and hopefully a judge will tell, if it is just in the end, who knows, the ones who can tell have long passed away.

Last edited by a moderator:
If anybody knows German or would like to use google, here are the assessments made from the four historians , two pro Hohenzollern, two including Malinowski against the Hohenzollern saying Georg's great-grandfather did substantially support the Nazi regime.
The problem for Prince Georg is, too, that many historians call the CP a real idiot and therefore probably not capable for doing anything "substantial" , but how can the Prince nod his head to this without loosing his face.

Yep, it is a difficult case and the legal experts are evenly divided. But so should be ALL Germans about their ancestors - at least! I mean even v. Stauffenberg, the guy who almost killed the Führer with a bomb, was at one point, at the beginning of the war, a fan of him....

That the Crown Prince is seen as a a moron... Well, the royal history is rich of such Princes! And the history of democratically elected politicians even more! :ermm::D

Yep, it is a difficult case and the legal experts are evenly divided. But so should be ALL Germans about their ancestors - at least! I mean even v. Stauffenberg, the guy who almost killed the Führer with a bomb, was at one point, at the beginning of the war, a fan of him....

That the Crown Prince is seen as a a moron... Well, the royal history is rich of such Princes! And the history of democratically elected politicians even more! :ermm::D

txs.
so to say not only Germans, but many who contributed to Hitler or antisemitism which includes nations and governments around the globe, as we all know.

But back to Prussia: just found this note, in August a new book is released concerning the CP and the Nazis.
link is german: https://www.preussen.de/

I guess there won't be a decision in the Hohenzollern restitution
of the AG Potsdam before the election in September.

"The Kaiser's Treasures in Court"

There is a new docu out about the restitution case Prince Georg-Friedrich vs The German State. Around 35 min long and unfortunately only in German - Sorry!

I link this, because there are a lot of scenes with Prince Georg-Ftiedrich and with the castle Hohenzollern.

https://www.zdf.de/kultur/kulturdoku/die-schaetze-des-kaisers-vor-gericht-100.html

To sum up: It is still all undecided. The Prince is going hard against the press. The legal experts and historical experts are still divided.

:previous: The one interior scene of Hohenzollern Castle is breathtaking! If one resided there, do not leave a smudge.
:brush::brush::brush::brush::brush::brush::brush::brush::brush::brush::brush::brush:

Georg Friedrich of Prussia attended the fashion contractor Katag's Cheftagung 2021 in Bielefeld on August 26:

** Pic **

Yesterday, September 14, Georg Friedrich of Prussia attended the Deutscher Gruenderpreis (Founder Prize) 2021 at the ZDF Hauptstadtstudio in Berlin:

** Pic **

Georg Friedrich of Prussia attended the award ceremony for the Award for Communication and Tolerance in the glass courtyard of the Jewish Museum in Berlin yesterday, November 13:

** Pic **

:previous: I like the fact that Prince George Friedrich's tie color matches Princess Sophie's dress color.

Georg and Sophie at the Hohenzollern day at Hohenzollern castle:

Sophie looks feminin like never before - I like her new hairstyle:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/se...mport&sec=2592000&req=&grid=&string=&last=16#

Very beautiful picture:http://www.seegerpress-online.de/seegerpress-cgi/topixx?op=preview&ID=1317479651&string=

There is a beautiful photobook about the HOHENZOLLERN by Karen Kuehl/Anette Hahnel & a family tree of the Hohenzollern, just beautiful to look & read, The Hohenzollern are one of my favorite German royalty/nobilities

I don’t know if anyone has heard of a particular German comedian who has made jokes about Georg Friedrich’s compensation claims saying instead why don’t the state give compensation to the Herero Nama people of Namibia for their pains of murder.

Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia and Head of the House of Hohenzollern, pays his condolences on the death of Queen Elizabeth II.

In a letter of condolence to the British King Charles III. the head of the House of Hohenzollern, Georg Friedrich, Prince of Prussia, expressed his family's deep sadness at the death of Queen Elizabeth II. The thoughts and prayers of the members of the House of Hohenzollern are with King Charles, Queen Camilla and the entire British royal family, the prince said.

With his unique personality, his cordiality and his strong sense of duty, which always put the common good above individual interests, His Majesty was a role model for him personally, according to Prince Georg Friedrich. His grandfather, Prince Louis Ferdinand (1907-1994), always related to him with the greatest respect his conversations with Queen Elizabeth, who, like few others, campaigned for Anglo-German reconciliation after World War II. He himself is deeply grateful to have been able to meet Her Majesty in person, continued the head of the House of Hohenzollern. Prince Georg Friedrich and Princess Sophie last met with Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip during their state visit to Germany in June 2015.

As a sign of respect for his family, Prince Georg Friedrich has ordered that on the day of Queen Elizabeth II's state funeral, the British flag be flown at half-mast from the flag tower of Hohenzollern Castle, the family's ancestral seat. It is the first time the family has honored a foreign head of state in this way.

Georg Friedrich Prince of Prussia (* 1976), as well as Queen Elizabeth II and her husband, Prince Philip (1921-2021), who died last year, is a direct descendant of British Queen Victoria (1819-1901). The German Empress Victoria (1840-1901), mother of Kaiser Wilhelm II (1859-1941), was the eldest daughter of Queen Victoria.

https://www.preussen.de/

The Prince of Prussia attended the opening of the Oktoberfest in Munich on September 17:

** Pic ** gallery **

The jacket he is wearing is called "Janker", I guess he is also wearing a "Lederhose" as it's part of the traditional costume, there is no full view photo in the gallery, but this one shows a bit more and also suggests that he wears one.

Back
Top Bottom