Prince Louis Ferdinand (1907-1994) and Princess Kira Kirillovna (1909-'67) of Prussia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:
It would then be the uncle of the groom, not his brother ;)

Btw, I've checked some pictures of Grand Duke Vladimir as a young man (i.e. this one) and now I'm pretty sure that it was him indeed in the picture sat on the floor.

O only noticd now that Prince Wilhelm the older brothr of the groom is not in this pic. On the pic in my book he is seating on the floor right to Grand Duke Vladimir.

Here it is: http://s5.photobucket.com/user/roya...is Ferdinand und Kira 02_zpsoao0s55r.jpg.html

Last edited:
I don't undestand how the most important guest of that day in House Doorn (Netherlands) is sitting on the floor.
To me on the floor next to the bride is her brother.
On the front row , brother , sister (bride) and their father. Their Mother Marla Melita already passed away.

Last edited:
Well, Princess Juliana had the seat-of-honour, next to the Kaiser himself, see picture. I think it was a relaxed atmosphere "entre nous" and seeing her family links to the Hohenzollerns, the Romanovs, the Mecklenburgs, etc. in indeed was "family".

:flowers:

Well, Princess Juliana had the seat-of-honour, next to the Kaiser himself, see picture. I think it was a relaxed atmosphere "entre nous" and seeing her family links to the Hohenzollerns, the Romanovs, the Mecklenburgs, etc. in indeed was "family".

:flowers:

That's some hat...

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Thanks to everybody for this thread concerning a real important event of the past.

Thanks Tlliia ,Could you indentify the first row , Tsar Ferdinand of Bulgaria as Honor Guest ?

I'm sorry, Maria-Olivia, but I don't know who he is.

Thanks Tlliia ,Could you indentify the first row , Tsar Ferdinand of Bulgaria as Honor Guest ?

He's on the brides left side isn't he?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Yes, it seems it is him indeed, sitting between the bride and Crown Prince Wilhelm.

in the pic the man next to Empress hermine in the uniform is not in the pic but this should be Crown Prince Wilhelm.

The man next to the Empress Hermoine is Crown Prince Wilhelm of Prussia, the Kaisers eldest son and father of the groom. He has a very distinctive look that always reminds me of my Grandfather at the same age. The Crown princess also has a very distinctive face.

Isn't it unusual that the Crown Princes and Crown Princess don't stand/sit next to each other? I have heard that they lived apart, but don't know how bad their relationship really was.

Back
Top Bottom