Prince Georg Friedrich (1976- ) Head of the Royal House of Prussia (2003-Aug 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
One would assume that if any monarchy is to be restored, it would be a constitutional one and not an autocracy. Therefore, the politicans would still run the country and still annoy each other, continue to lie to get elected and round and round it goes.........

Posts getting into the area of domestic German politics have been removed.

Warren
Germany-Austria moderator

Any news on Georg Friedrich? What has he been up to lately?

Does anyone know when Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia took over the headship?
And who else if anyone or persons is line to the the headship?
Thanks in advance for the person answers these questions.

In the last few photos, who's the blonde woman sitting by Georg Friedrich? I have a hard time reading the captions!

The caption says 'Frau Kotener' and one of the captions refers to her husband, Vladimir Kotener, 'Botschafter' (envoy?) of Russia. In a google search I only found a von Kotener as special envoy ('Außerordentliche und Bevollmächtigte Botschafter Russlands') btw.

I think I'm reading this forum too much! At dinner last night I could swear that Georg Friedrich was sitting two tables away with an attractive young woman. I'm sure it was just someone who looked like him, but does anyone know if he is in New York?

I think I'm reading this forum too much! At dinner last night I could swear that Georg Friedrich was sitting two tables away with an attractive young woman. I'm sure it was just someone who looked like him, but does anyone know if he is in New York?

I don't think so. Usually New York Social Diary reports all this stuff...They don't mention anything. That is, unless he was here solely on a vacation. And yes, Harold...I think you do read this blog too much like many of us :wub:

Where are you in NY? I live in Manhattan myself.....where did you see him? Just curious. Is he a Cipriani or a McDonald's kinda guy?! Upper East or West Village personality?? LOL............

I live in Manhattan's East Midtown. I "saw" him at Odeon down in Tribeca. "He" was with a blonde. The wine was rather good, hence the most likely cause of my seeing GF!

According to monarchen.nl prince Georg-Friedrich received a carriage dating from 1880, from the royal stables of Buckingham Palace. The Swedish collector Mats Geiden bought the carriage in an auction and gave it to the prince, who will put it on display at Burg Hohenzollern. Apparently Emperor Friedrich III and Empress Victoria Adelaide were transported in the carriage when they visited England.

Article in Dutch here.

According to monarchen.nl prince Georg-Friedrich visited the exhibition Aus allerhöchster Schatulle - kaiserliche Geschenke in Potsdam Museum this monday.

Article in Dutch here and a German article here.

I always thought he and Theodora of greece would be a good match!!:wub:

I always thought he and Theodora of greece would be a good match!!:wub:

There is a lovely thought!

BTW that china set is absolutely beautiful. Is that Potsdam Schloss the same as Sans Souci or a different castle?

There is a lovely thought!

BTW that china set is absolutely beautiful. Is that Potsdam Schloss the same as Sans Souci or a different castle?
There isn't a Potsdam Schloss. but there are several castles in Potsdam (Sans Souci, Neues Palais, Orangerie, Charlottenhof, Cecilienhof, Babelsberg, Glienike...). I can't recognize which is the one in the photo

There isn't a Potsdam Schloss. but there are several castles in Potsdam (Sans Souci, Neues Palais, Orangerie, Charlottenhof, Cecilienhof, Babelsberg, Glienike...). I can't recognize which is the one in the photo

Thank you. When I visited sans Souci I was struck at the fact that it was practically bare. There were no furniture to speak of, let alone china etc.
The gardens though were very well kept.

Thank you. When I visited sans Souci I was struck at the fact that it was practically bare. There were no furniture to speak of, let alone china etc.
The gardens though were very well kept.
I visited Potsdam last August; they are restoring several Palaces (Neue Palais and Orangerie, I remember), but all them are visitable and furnished. In my opinion Sans Souci is the beautiest, and the most interesting. I was astonished when I saw the Antikentempel: it is completely neglected.

I visited Potsdam last August; they are restoring several Palaces (Neue Palais and Orangerie, I remember), but all them are visitable and furnished. In my opinion Sans Souci is the beautiest, and the most interesting. I was astonished when I saw the Antikentempel: it is completely neglected.

That is so nice to hear. I went to Sans Souci a few years ago and it was almost empty of furnishings. It is so lovely to see these palaces restored to their original splendour. Now there are additional reasons to go back for another visit!
I read a long time ago the book "Meeting at Potsdam" and I was so interested to visit that area.:flowers:

I jsut read on www.monarchen.nl that prince Georg-Friedrich of Prussia was interviewed by the policital magazine Cicero. The prince does not want a political role and thinks that the political system of the German republic is fine.

Article in Dutch from monarchen.nl here.

Original interview in German here.

And a google translation of the site into English here.

The picture with the prince and the china is beautiful and that is nice he does not want to be apart of politics.The prince sees his self as a ordinary citizen but to some being he is a decendant of royalty.

Does anyone know what Georg Friedrich's Christmas traditions are? I would assume he would spend them with family? But who and where?

Does anyone know what Georg Friedrich's Christmas traditions are? I would assume he would spend them with family? But who and where?
I don't know anything about his private Christmas traditions, but
this weekend there's the annual Christmas market at the Castle
of Hohenzollern. Prince Georg Friedrich gave a press conference
on Thursday, November 20, to drum up business and told the press
that he himself would pour out the tea ;) Parts of the total proceeds
go to the Prinzessin-Kira-von-Preußen-Stiftung (foundation)

Here are some pics of the press conference:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

And here's an article in German:

Burg-Markt bietet königlichen Genuss
( Castle market offers a royal pleasure)

And which side of the family? Paternal side (Hohenzollern) or maternal side? And if maternal, Castell or Oldenburg (which also is paternal)?

No news on GF? No thoughts about his holiday traditions?

however - georg friedrich does his family job very well - and he is using the political correct wording in these times....congratulations!!

It's interesting how the past two Hohenzollerns, GF and his grandfather have been excemplary men who would have made a great contribution to Germany if they had been able to be Emperors. I think GF learnt very well from his grandfather.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom