Prince Georg Friedrich (1976- ) Head of the Royal House of Prussia (2003-Aug 2011)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes,but Georg and Bernhard have everything identical,from top to toe! ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Georg and Sophie in love in Monaco:
I don't really see a weight loss when I look at her. But Georg gained some weight. Look at his belly :)

That´s true :ROFLMAO:
Maybe Sophie looks thinner because of him. :D

I´m so glad that Georg found a nice, smart and respectable Lady as future wife. :flowers:

That´s true :ROFLMAO:
Maybe Sophie looks thinner because of him. :D

I´m so glad that Georg found a nice, smart and respectable Lady as future wife. :flowers:

Absolutely true,naughty...you are a naughty lady...:p

:)

I liked her evening dress, which was obviously matched with the colour of Georg Friedrich's order. Btw, does anybody know which order he is wearing?

I have never heard about a Isenburg tiara. One of her sisters wore a tiara from her husband's family, and the other one didn't wear a tiara a her wedding, IIRC. I think she decided not to wear Prussian tiaras until her wedding.

Dear Tilia C.,

to answer Your question concerning the order You mentioned, HRH Prince Georg Friedrich is wearing the Order of the Black Eagle (Hoher Orden vom Schwarzen Adler) which was founded in 1701 by Elector Friedrich III. one day bevor his coronation to King Friedrich I. in Prussia.
This order is (was) the highest order of the Kingdom of Prussia.

Greetings

Alex R.

Hello and welcome, Schwarzer Adler!

I've been reading the protracted story of the house.....

I'm glad that Georg and Sophie are getting married....

Dear Tilia C.,

to answer Your question concerning the order You mentioned, HRH Prince Georg Friedrich is wearing the Order of the Black Eagle (Hoher Orden vom Schwarzen Adler) which was founded in 1701 by Elector Friedrich III. one day bevor his coronation to King Friedrich I. in Prussia.
This order is (was) the highest order of the Kingdom of Prussia.

Greetings

Alex R.
Thank you for your knowledgable answer, SchwarzerAdler :flowers:. And welcome to TRF.

Schwarzer Adler, will you be able to see the wedding?

I doubt, that the wedding will be broadcasted in German TV. For this I am a little bit sad. I think that one of the regional TV stations will broadcast a summery of the wedding!

Schwarzer Adler, will you be able to see the wedding?

Dear Renata,

although it is a Saturday the royal wedding takes place I don't think so. If it would be broadcasted I would watch of course. But I am not the kind of person who would stay there and gaze. I even don't know how near you would get, because the wedding will take place in the Friedenskirche which is located in the Potsdam Park Sanssouci. As far as I heard the reception and celebration takes also place in the Park Sanssouci. If it was in the Neue Kammern or in the Orangerie I cannot recall. But due to this arrangement there is a chance that the Park Sanssouci or the concerning areas might be closed to the public anyway. If foreign Royals do attend the wedding this chance is even higher because of security measures.

When thinking of the awful comments of the ZDF team (especially the man) during the Monacco wedding I cannot really say whether it is a loss that the wedding will not be broadcasted.... on the other hand there might have been the chance that it could have been done by ARD.
Unfortunately as far as I judge our local station rbb the summary will be very short if shown at all.

Lot's of Sunday greetings

Alex R.

Imo it was a cheek how the German TV-channels handled the Monaco-wedding. You always have the feeling that they make fun of those events. One of the presenters of the TV-channel ZDF/ARD morning news showed the hat she was to wear in Monaco - but of course it was all fake and making fun and later in Monaco she appeared without and casually dressed. They consider it all being a matter of gossip. I´m sure they don´t know Georg-Friedrich at all. And since Kaiser Wilhelm II was one of the persons who caused the first world war his descendants and royalty in generell do get no longer attention/ attention is no longer wanted by the German government. And it´s boring in another way: GF is going to marry a noble woman - so no "fresh air" for the Hohenzollern royal family.

Last edited:
Prince Georg and Princess Sophie attended Archduke Otto's funeral in Vienna on July 16th, 2011.

**Pic 1** **Pic 2** **Pic 3** - credits PPE

I think she looks very pretty with her new long hair.

Does someone has a picture of her engagement ring ?

I hope that the wedding will bring Germany "fresh wind" in a discussion of a possible restoration and a new big interest in royalty!

The wedding is interesting and I will watch it, but we live not without a reason in a Republic!

I got a stream going from a TV site but it's on and off.

Funniest thing was that it made the TV headlines in Australia yesterday, under the headline "Worst dressed royal wedding" (!). Guess they forgot that hat back in April!:ROFLMAO:

:imperialgermany:

With a new bride comes a new thread...

The Prince and Princess of Prussia thread can be found here.

  

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom